Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,601 members, 7,809,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:36 AM

Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) (12876 Views)

"I Held Meetings With Snakes..." - Peterside Idah, ex-Eagles Goalkeeper! / RAPTURE; The Re-gathering Of True Israel / The Experience 2012 *The Biggest Christian Gathering in Africa* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 9:12am On Oct 06, 2013
06/10/2013
HAPPY SUNDAY

A Friend sent me this sunday message and I thought to share it:

"Hello friendz..happy sunday

Many are landlords in tha CEMENTRY,
many are tenants in tha MORTUARY,
many are candidates of OBITUARY.
But we are here, still worshiping in His
SANCTUARY,
He has bn keepin us since JANUARY.
His gud news fills up our DIARY,
He's doing all these without collecting SALARY.

He's indeed a great God!If u know Him
He is truly great and wonderful & U are alive today..
Pls in ur own litle way appreciate him ,if u are privilege to be in the church jus Bless his name at least with praise and worship,,
Love y'all "

Have a BLESSED SUNDAY and week in Jesus holy name
Amen.
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 7:18am On Oct 07, 2013
07/10/2013
GOD IS ABLE

“Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen” (Eph. 3:20-21)

PRAYER
Lord I commit this new week in your hands, Please Father, let my hopes and dreams according to your will begin to manifest in my life in Jesus holy name I pray through the wonder working blood of the lamb of God
Amen
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 7:54am On Oct 08, 2013
08/10/2013
WHEN GOD ASKS

When we read the bible, do you wonder why God asks a questions when He already knows the answer?
I believe its because he wants us to have an understanding of the situation we are in and to have faith.

He asked Adam, "Where art thou?" Sometimes we don't realize where we are in life and it takes the voice of God to remind us.

He asked Moses, "What is that that you have in your hand?" Many times the very blessing we need is already in our grasp....

He asked Malachi, "Will a man rob God?" It's so easy to give our time to everything but the work of The Lord.

He asked Ezekiel, "Can these bones live?" Sometimes you may think a situation in your life has died, but God is reminding you that it can live. It's not dead. It's not over.

He asked a lame man, "Wilt thou be made whole?" God already knows He has the power to deliver you but you need to want to be delivered (have faith)

He asked Cain where is your brother Abel, he knows all our activities here on earth, but want us to truthful to Him.

Think about what you're going through in your life. It doesn't matter what it looks like.
He asked Abraham, "Is there anything too hard for God?" (Have faith)
There is nothing too hard for God to do?

Take a step of faith and commit the matter to God in prayer, "trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding" (Prov 3:5)

PRAYER
Father God almighty, give my heart strenght to trust in you, please give me the God kind of faith I ask in Jesus holy name
Amen.
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by Alwaystrue(f): 9:39am On Oct 08, 2013
@escavros,
Amen. Thanks so much for your last posts. Indeed God asks us questions so we can with our mouth confess what we believe and be saved.

The Ephesians 3:20-21 again made a mark 'Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine ACCORDING to His power that is at work WITHIN us....! Wow! What level of power do we allow God to work within us, to what level do we believe God enough and believe in His power in our lives.

Do you know the acapella song that has the lyrics of the above scripture? Awesome.

[flash=420,315]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2TCeSP4RQQ[/flash]

1 Like

Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 9:11am On Oct 09, 2013
09/10/2013
HOLINESS and RIGHTEOUSNESS

"Holiness" is really about how often you come to God for forgiveness, making very sincere efforts not to repeat the same mistakes.

"Righteousness", can only be imputed by God.
Noone on his or her own become righteous for it is written that "our righteousness is like a filthy rag to God", this means that on our own, we have no hope of redemption.

But no need to fear, God has a solution to redeem you and me. He sent His righteous Son Jesus Christ to be condemned on our behalf so that we may be saved from our unrighteousness through his blood.
And the blood of Jesus Christ washes away all our sins, and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Do you believe that the blood of Jesus is able to wash away your sins?

For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:
How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
(Hebrews 9:13,14)

Jesus has paid the ultimate price for you. Come to him today.
Let's us renew our faith in Him.

PRAYER
Almighty God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
I Thank you for the gift of life, for the gift of health and for the gift of abilities.
Thank you for the change you have begun in my life, thank Lord for delivering me from the bondage of sin, forgive me and wash me in the blood of Jesus.
Father, pls help me to stay free from sin, draw me closer to you in Holiness and in Righteousness I ask in Jesus holy name
Amen.
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 9:29am On Oct 09, 2013
Alwaystrue: @escavros,
Amen. Thanks so much for your last posts. Indeed God asks us questions so we can with our mouth confess what we believe and be saved.

The Ephesians 3:20-21 again made a mark 'Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine ACCORDING to His power that is at work WITHIN us....! Wow! What level of power do we allow God to work within us, to what level do we believe God enough and believe in His power in our lives.

Do you know the acapella song that has the lyrics of the above scripture? Awesome.

[flash=420,315]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2TCeSP4RQQ[/flash]

@alwaystrue
Thank you and God bless you for sharing.
I can't seem to get it to play yet, I hope I does play so I could share the video experience.
Thank you again for sharing
God is faithful.
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by Alwaystrue(f): 10:16am On Oct 09, 2013
@escavros,
Thanks. I hope it does get to play. It is a very nice combination.
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 6:56am On Oct 10, 2013
10/10/2013
PREACH THE WORD and PRAY

Jesus is coming soon,and the Church is not prepared for the rapture.
YOU are the Church, don't point hands at pastors and priests or leaders of christian gatherings.

Jesus is saying to us: “The harvest is great, but the workers are few. So pray to the Lord who is in charge of the harvest; ask Him to send more workers into His fields." (Luke 10:2).

Sometimes, it seems there is too much to pray for, and not enough people praying.

As of this writing, tremendous upheaval and civil war are occurring in at least three countries the Middle East in Africa. Economic breakdown in the US and Russia.
Governments in the West are spying on each other and preparing for wars.
- We experience news of mass public killings everywhere, while those in power persecute those with minority views or looks.
- There are earth quakes, volcanic eruptions, floods, plane crashes and world wide chaos.

All the scripture has said about the last days are here, and the indices show that this events are getting worse on a daily basis.

Jesus is coming soon.
What part are you playing to prepare the Church for the coming Jesus

Let us begin to do the work for the purpose we were saved. Let us go into all places and preach the Gospel of Salvation through Jesus.

Scripture tells us, "This is real love — not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins" (1 John 4:10).
His love extends not just to His people, but to all people; "God loved the world so much that He gave His one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish" (John 3:16).

Speak to 5 people daily and pray for them and teach them to do the same.
Remember Jesus is coming soon, let him meet us busy in his vineyard.

PRAYER
Father let your call in my life not be in vain. Help to deliver your purpose and the reason i was created in this life.
Let all things work together for good for me, let my life be a testimony of your message according to your purpose.
Forgive my sins, wash me in the blood of Jesus.
Prepare me and use me Lord as an instrument of your salvation in Jesus holy name
Amen.
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 7:15am On Oct 11, 2013
11/10/2013
AND WE SAY "AMEN"

A Christian once walked into a hospital, to visit a dying man, seeing the sorrowful state of the wife and everyone around, the Christian was moved to pray for the dying man. As he prayed, everyone (both muslims and christian) including the nurses who sympathetic to the situation in the room shouted AMEN!.
The joy of the prayer was the result of the prayer.

Everyday, we receive a word of prayer or message, and in response to it, we say AMEN to acknowledge the message.
Saying amen encourages the one who shares the word of prayer, but what truly encourages is the life changes that follows.

Jesus came to bring change to our life, to convert us from our old way of life that would destroy us, and convert us to His way of life that would lead us to God through his righteousness, and a life free of sin.

He has come to make your "AMEN" fruitful, but you have to acknowledge your shortcomings, and work towards a sin free life by accepting Jesus into your heart to be master of all that concerns you.

Jesus says "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." (Matt 11:28)

PRAYER
Almighty God, I have sinned, today I come to you as one who has fallen short of our glory. Forgive me of all my sins.
I accept that Jesus died on the cross that I may be saved.
Wash me in the blood of Jesus. That I be free of sin, come into my life Jesus, I surrender to you.
Erase my name from the book of hell and destruction, and write my name in the book of life for heaven.
I reject my life of sin and I embrace your way of righteousness. Help me Lord in Jesus holy name I pray
Amen

FOLLOW UP
If you said this prayer, God heard you.

Pls maintain this new life,
- start to read the Christian bible book of John to learn about Jesus our Lord
- Pray frequently in the name of Jesus
- pray and find a bible believing church for guidance and fellowship.

God bless you as you continue in your walk in Jesus Holy name.
Amen.

1 Like

Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 8:08am On Oct 12, 2013
12/10/2013
WHEN "AMEN" IS DEAD

When we receive a word of prayer, in response to it, we say AMEN to acknowledge the message or affirm in faith or in agreement,

"AMEN" means let it be so, an affirmation of our understanding in faith of things to come.

Some say amen loud, while other say it quietly, but what is really important is not how heavy your AMEN sounds, but the life changes that follow;
The works that you do after saying amen is what is important

Was not Abraham our father justified by works,.. (James 2:21)

Saying AMEN without corresponding works to follow is a DEAD AMEN.

"Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works." (James 2:17-18)

After taking out time to read todays message, please desist from smoking, drinking, fornicating, lying, stealing and other forms of sin especially after an affirmation to follow Jesus.
You will not be held innocent when the judgment of God comes.

Next time you say AMEN, take a corresponding step in faith and effect that change in your life God alone will not do it for you,

Jesus said "draw near to me and I will draw near to you"

PRAYER
LORD help me to be sincere to you and to myself in holiness and righteousness as long as I live, I ask in Jesus holy name
Amen

1 Like

Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 10:43am On Oct 13, 2013
13/10/2013
A GOOD CHRISTIAN

Today I read through the book of "Acts of the apostles", and learnt a lot about the early Christains and the church.

The below scripture wrapped up my study for the moment.

Acts 11: 25 Then departed Barnabas to Tarsus, for to seek Saul: 26 And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

Follow the outpouring of the "Holy Ghost", the. Church began to grow out of purpose to share the salvation of souls through Jesus of Nazareth.
In that wise, Saul (later called Paul) was saved, and the apostles took him up to groom him in the gospel of Jesus, he was groomed and the disciples were called Christians (meaning Like Christ)

After reading, something seemed to make a huge difference in their lives which was commonly found in each chapter, it is "THE OUT POURING OF THE HOLY GHOST"

Receiving the Holy Ghost was like a seal that confirmed the conversion from sinner to Christian.
It set the disciples apart from the jews, and made them much more like Jesus Christ.

"Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." (Acts2: 38) 

Do you have the Holy Ghost?
Are there signs to show it Is evident in your life?
Do you say you are Christian?
Do you live a life of sin?

If your answers are "Yes" to all the questions, you may not be a true Christian (like Christ), because Jesus Christ would not have four "YES"

Repent and be converted.

PRAYER
Father please forgive my sins, wash me in the blood of Jesus, and convert me.
Lord, thou art God which made the heaven and the earth and the sea and all that is in them.
And now Lord, grant unto me that with all boldness I may speak thy word in faith and power by the name of thy holy child Jesus.
Fill me with your Holy Ghost as you did your disciples in Jesus holy name
Amen
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 3:34pm On Oct 13, 2013
Alwaystrue: @escavros,
Thanks. I hope it does get to play. It is a very nice combination.

I Finally played it WOW!
Thanks alot for sharing
Jesus is worth more than all the voices on earth in praise.

I look forward to heaven (smiles)
God have mercy on me in Jesus holy name
Amen
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by Alwaystrue(f): 4:28pm On Oct 13, 2013
smiley I am glad you liked it. It makes us imagine how glorious the heavenly orchestra will sing to the Lord.

Amen. Let us look unto Jesus and rejoice in the hope of when we meet Him again.
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 10:28am On Oct 14, 2013
14/10/2013
MISERABLE MR JOE

Do you recall the story of "Miserable Mr Joe" shared on the 4th of october 2013.

To refresh your memory, the story was about a man named Joe whose family was attacked by robbers and tortured close to death.
He sacrificed himself for them and the robbers left the family members alone while Mr Joe was tortured to death in their place.
As life slipped away from his body, his wife crying by his side, he saw his family members laughing him to scorn.
He died miserable

Explaining the story;
- "Joe" is the Short for Joshua (or Jesus [pronounced Yeshua in hebrew meaning "Yahweh (the Lord) is Salvation"].
Jesus was in no way being affected by our pains, but came to received pain and torture in our place that we may be free from the wicked onslaught of the devil and his agents.

- "His wife" is the true Church (Christians) who accept Jesus as their Lord and do his will.
Christian means (Christ like) and the true Church that God will come for when our time on earth is over.

- "His family members" is the false Church (those that say they are christians, but are not) who are Christians only in words and in title for religion sake and live in sin.

- "Robbers" are the devil and his agents (the unsaved and those that reject salvation)

Christian means (Christ like) and the true Church that God will come for when our time is up here on earth.

Consider if Mr Joe didn't die but recovered thereafter, would he be happy with the rest of his family? What would be his next action?

Jesus died for your sake but unlike Mr Joe, on the third day He rose again from the dead that through faith in Him, we may have eternal life for souls who he is pleased with.

Is Jesus happy with your Christian life?

PRAYER
Lord Jesus, please forgive me, give me grace to follow you in the right way. I ask through the blood of Jesus
Amen.
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 9:29am On Oct 15, 2013
15/10/2013
WHEN RAIN FALLS

It is coming close the end of the rainy season In Africa, and soon we will begin to experience a lot of thundering which are signs of the season's end, then the rains will give way to the dry season until next year.

During the rainy seasons, when i see the clouds are heavy and it looks like its going to rain, I take along an umbrella, and I prepare not to be drenched by the downpour.

When I'm not alone, I share my umbrella.

It is wise to be prepared for a sure event, especially when we see the signs.

Do you see the Signs too?

Jesus is coming soon.
Are you prepared?

Jesus is saying to us; “The harvest is great, but the workers are few. So pray to the Lord who is in charge of the harvest; ask Him to send more workers into His fields." (Luke 10:2).

Make an effort to share your umbrella of salvation to people around you this week.

Touch a life with the message of Jesus.

Scripture tells us, "This is real love — not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins" (1 John 4:10).

PRAYER
Father please let the blood you have shed for me not be in vain in my life.
Forgive my sins, wash me in the blood of Jesus.
Prepare me and use me Lord as an instrument of your salvation in Jesus holy name
Amen.
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 7:19am On Oct 16, 2013
16/10/2013
MALE OR FEMALE

These days with sex change and all, asking a persons gender may not be out of place just to be double sure.

However, the question still being asked,
"Are you a Male or a Female?"

Without controversy, your sincere response will either be; I am male or I am female.
Here are some more simple questions;

- What country are you from?
- What is your name?

Without a thought we will provide the answers like geniuses.
One more question please:

"Are you born again?"

...and don't say it depends on what being born again means because Its as simple as John 3:3.

If you don't have a clear answer to the last question, please make a conscious effort to get one.

PRAYER
God almighty, thank you for this new week.
You gave your life for me about 2013 years ago that I may find mine today.
Help me to find and define my position in you.
I rededicate myself to you today.
Come into my heart and make me to be born again in Spirit and in Truth.
I ask Jesus holy name
Amen.

Reference Mathew 18:3

Please share with your friends and family.
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 8:19am On Oct 17, 2013
17/10/2013
WEAKNESS

"1 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom. 2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish. 3 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:4 But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps." (Matthew 25)

Praying, Studying the bible, Church activities and Fasting are the "Oil" we need to sustain our Christian life. When these are lacking, our strength will fail.

In the story, the five foolish virgins had no oil to keep watch for the return of the bridegroom, and as you continue to read the story, you'll discover that they missed out on the wedding feast.

When we do not Pray, Study the bible, go to Church activities and Fast regularly, we become victims instead of victors.

Buckle up your christian life and live the victorious life in Christ, fill your lamp with "Oil".

PRAYER
Almighty God I come before you in the name of Jesus.
Have mercy on me Lord, forgive me for my weakness. I ask for strength to follow you O my God. Help me to be a better christian. Fill my lamp with Oil as I make renewed efforts to follow you. Renew your spirit within me.
Thank you Lord for prayers answered in Jesus holy name I pray
Amen
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by Alwaystrue(f): 8:38am On Oct 17, 2013
@escavros,
thanks for this message.

May we receive God's help to be wise as Jesus is the Wisdom of God:

1 Corinthians 1:30a
God has united you with Christ Jesus. For our benefit God made him to be wisdom itself...
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 5:13am On Oct 18, 2013
18/10/2013
LET UR LIGHT SHINE

The bible makes us understand that man is made of earth, without God, man is void and full of darkness, just like it is written in the book of Genesis,

"And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep.."
"And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness."(Gen 1:3-4)

When God comes into our life, he brings Light, and the Light gives God more opportunity to be creative in our life and to give our life a purpose.

Light is synonymous with good works,
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." (Matthew 5:16)

Is your life an example with good works for children and adults around You to follow? If it isn't, please redirect it unto good works.

There is a clear cut difference between light and darkness, please,.."Take heed therefore that the light which is in thee be not darkness." (Luke 11:35)

"Is there Light on your candle stick?".
LET IT SHINE with the evidence of good works!!

- Give alms to the poor,
- Pray for one another,
- Go to church
- Preach the gospel of salvation
- Avoid sin

PRAYER
Father, please forgive me for hiding my candle under a basket. Forgive me for my selfish way of life that has hidden your light from others.
Please help me to channel my life to show your goodness through daily good works in the name of Jesus Christ I pray
Amen
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 7:55am On Oct 19, 2013
19/10/2013
LIGHT OF LIFE

"And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep.."
"And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness."(Gen 1:3-4)

It is written "Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life." (John 8:12)

When God comes into our life, he brings Light, and that Light gives God the opportunity to be creative in our life and to give our life shape, color, substance and purpose.

If you do not have Jesus the Light of God in your life, you are like the earth before creation "Void and without form"

If you wish God to give your life meaning pls say this short prayer

PRAYER
Almighty God, I accept that Jesus died on the cross that I may be saved and free of sin, come into my life Jesus and bring in the light of God.
I surrender to you.
Write my name in the book of life for heaven. Help me Lord in Jesus holy name I pray
Amen

FOLLOW UP

God bless you as you continue in your walk in Jesus Holy name.
Amen.
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 7:19am On Oct 20, 2013
20/10/2013
TAKE A MINUTE

For a minute, imagine God as your physical boss and his indicators to promote you in the next promotion exercise is how hard you have read your bible, how hard you pray and how holy you have been living, do you sincerely think you will be promoted?

Friend, seek Spiritual increase. Push for an increase in your prayer life. Re-double your study of God's Word, Increase your hunger and thirst for God. Increase your consecration to God. Increase your sacrifice. Deepen your christian experience beyond what you have always experienced.

Elisha asked for a double portion of Elijah's spirit,and in the process of time,he recorded double of the miracles that were attributed to Elijah. His Spiritual Increase led to a physical manifestation.

PRAYER
Lord,I want to keep growing in spiritual matters. I refuse to be a spiritual dwarf in my generation in Jesus Name
Amen
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 5:53am On Oct 21, 2013
21/10/213
GIVING ALMS

The usual practice for me when beggars come to me is to shrug them off harshly or ignore them totally.
Do you know that they are the neighbors that Jesus asked you to love as yourself?

This one seems hard to handle, but it is a truth that we have to accept.

"For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me:
I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me." (Matthew25: 35-40)

May God have mercy on us and forgive every time we did wrong to the needy, and may God help us to do better from hence forth.

Let's try this today, "break some change to low denominations. Like 50 naira into five or ten places or more depends on what you can afford, and give at least 5 naira or ten naira daily to a beggars or two. whenever you can." I believe it will go a long way to help them.

God bless you as you do so in Jesus holy name
Amen
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 5:19am On Oct 22, 2013
22/10/2013
COOL DEFINITION

PRAYER:
"Prayer is an invocation or act. That seeks to activate a rapport (relationship) with a deity, an object of worship, or a spiritual entity through deliberate communication." (Wikipedia)

**Prayer is a relationship**

You can build a relationship with God today,
"Pray without ceasing" (1 thess. 5:17)..

When you pray often, you will begin to see God reciprocate to you in response to your prayers as He builds a relationship with you in Jesus name.

PRAYER
Our Father, who art in heaven, blessed be thy name, thy kingdom come on earth as it is in heaven...
Father, Help me to build a relationship with you, Lord teach me pray always I ask in Jesus holy name
Amen
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 7:42am On Oct 23, 2013
23/10/2013
FUEL

Some days we wake up feeling empty and wondering how long will I have to be christian and miss out on all the activities of life.

The affairs of life dampens our spirits and make our hearts wander.
Our plans are not moving as we hoped, our dreams seem far from being realized and prayers seem unanswered.

Sometimes, we look back at our past and feel like a little bite wouldn't hurt.
Sometimes we really want to throw in the towel and move with the crowd.

Hold on.

"The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness;" (2Peter3: 9)

Be steadfast in your faith, "Trust in the Lord with ALL thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the Lord"
God will do it for you!

PRAYER
Therefore now, Lord, let the thing that thou hast spoken concerning me and concerning my house be established.
Let it even be established, that thy name may be magnified for ever.
For thou, O my God, hast told thy servant that thou wilt establish me: therefore thy servant hath found in his heart to pray before thee.
And now, Lord, thou art God, and hast promised this goodness unto thy me:
Now therefore let it please thee to bless me that i may be blessed before thee for ever in Jesus holy name
Amen
(1Chronicles17:23-27)
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 6:49am On Oct 24, 2013
24/10/2013
A LESSON FROM Mr JOB

"There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil. He had seven sons and three daughters and was soo rich; so that this man was the greatest of all the men of the east.

And his sons went and feasted in their houses, every one his day; and sent and called for their three sisters to eat and to drink with them. And it was so, when the days of their feasting were gone about, that Job sent and sanctified them, and rose up early in the morning, and offered burnt offerings according to the number of them all: for Job said, It may be that my sons have sinned, and cursed God in their hearts. Thus did Job continually." (Culled from the book of Job)

Job knew the importance of seeking for forgiveness, and he sacrificed continually to obtain mercy from God.

How often do you go to God on your knees in prayer to ask for his forgiveness?
At times, we might not know when we may have sinned against God.

Make it a daily duty like Job, amend your ways daily before your maker.
Constantly seek and ask for God to have mercy on you "It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not."(Lamentation 3:22)

PRAYER
Father please have mercy on me and on my family. Forgive my sins, wash me in the blood of Jesus. Give me the grace to constantly recognize my faults, and always to seek your mercy and forgiveness. Help me lord I pray in Jesus holy name
Amen
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 7:14am On Oct 26, 2013
26/10/2013
TIME OF FAVOUR

Within the space of one week, I have seen four or more burial procession, more than I have seen in my life time.

Many people today believe that death is an end to a means, but do not understand that death is just the beginning of a life in eternity.

Where do you want to spend your own eternity? It either in Hell or in Heaven

This choice is not for God to decide, but depends on you and how you decide to spend it today, tomorrow and as the days count on.

For he says, "In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you."
I tell you, now is the time of God's favor, now is the day of salvation. (2Coritnians 6: 2)

Decide today to change your ways to please God. Decide today where your eternity will lead

PRAYER
Almighty God, I accept that Jesus died on the cross that I may be saved and free of sin, come into my life Jesus and change my ways, bring to me to heavens gate and beyond.
I surrender to you.
Write my name in the book of life. Help me Lord in Jesus holy name I pray
Amen

FOLLOW UP

God bless you as you continue in your walk in Jesus Holy name
Amen.
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 11:40am On Oct 27, 2013
27/10/2013
HEALING FOR YOUR SOUL

Scripture: "Come to Me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest." (Matthew 11:28)

Is Your Soul Troubled?
I know you've been battling a lot of things in your soul. Worry about your future, regret over mistakes, consuming fear about what others think about you. It can be so overwhelming. God does not want you to live this way. He has a spacious, green, beautiful land for your soul to rest in, and He is inviting you into it. I want you to read the following promise from God to you out loud, and insert your name into it, because it's exactly what God wants to do for you.

PRAYER
The Lord is _______'s shepherd, ________ shall not be in want.
He makes _________ lie down in green pastures,
He leads _________ beside quiet waters,
He restores __________'s soul.
In Jesus holy name
Amen
(Psalm 23:1-3)
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 5:52am On Oct 28, 2013
28/10/2013
DO NOT BE IGNORANT

"Do you have sex in your dreams?" was a topic on an internet discussion that led to loads of comments and controversy.

"But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way" (Mathew 13:25)

We easily believe stories of magic, of ritual killings and ritual money making, but yet when confronted with strong tales of obvious demons at work, polluting the spirits of men, we shrug the tales aside and make a mockery of it, meanwhile most of us are actually going through such demonic manipulations or maybe worse, but hypocritically we deny it to make ourselves look good. (Gen6:1-4)

The devil is truly working hard to establish complacency in the church and we making his job easy by denying the deeds of these foul spirits (demons).

If you are having challenges pls don't hide it, Jesus Died to rescue you and me.
He died that you and I will not perish in our bondage, but that we may be set free through the blood of Jesus Christ.

If you need a change in your situation, pls take the first step of faith and pray with us.

PRAYER
Father, please forgive me for my sins, wash me in the blood of your son Jesus Christ.
I'm aware that you came to set me free, today i accept your salvation and deliverance.
I declare through the blood of Jesus that "I am free in Jesus name"
"By the blood of Jesus, I reject and uproot every evil seed sowed into my life by the devil"
Come into my life Lord Jesus and take total control of my life.
I surrender to you Lord in the holy name of Jesus
Amen

www.deliveranceplace.com/stronghold.html
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 7:39am On Oct 29, 2013
29/10/2013
GIVE ALMS DESPITE ALL

Most times after just leaving church and giving a worthy cash offering, while leaving the gates of church we ignore the miserable beggars who only asks for five naira or a meager token enough to buy a small bag of water not even a tenth of your offering money.

We may even judge the beggar saying to ourselves, "if i give it to this beggar, it will probably be used for drugs."

It will surprise you to know that sometime, angels come in disguise as these beggars and we ignore them and loose a blessing.

"For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me:"

May God have mercy on us and forgive every time we did wrong to the needy, and may God help us to do better from hence forth.

Just like we prepare our offering for church service, let us also prepare daily to give alms to a beggar or two,
"break some change to low denominations. Like 50 naira into five or ten places or more depends on what you can afford, and give at least 5 naira or ten naira daily to a beggars or two. whenever you can." I believe it will go a long way to help them.

God bless you as you do so in Jesus holy name
Amen
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 10:33am On Oct 30, 2013
30/10/2013
MORE ALMS

One particular day two friends walked back home from a church function, discussing the events of a church service and enjoying a few laughs.
Passing by a small shop that sells food and snacks, they decided to stop for a quick snack.
After taking a few bites, they ordered a take away pack for home and continued on their way home, as they left, a young boy approached them.
The boy wore dirty worn out clothes and he asked begged for alms.

None of the friends gave any to the beggar.

Q. What was church service really about if we can give much offering in church, but yet cannot spare five naira for a beggar?

Q. Why pay for a meal of five hundred and above, but yet can't spare five naira to feed your neighbor?

God is watching

PRAYER
Father, give me a heart that considers the needy. Help me to give,and provide more forme that I may give more daily in Jesus holy name I pray
Amen
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 5:42am On Oct 31, 2013
31/10/2013
LET GO & LET GOD

What are your fears in life?
What bothers you?

"When the Philistines took the ark of God, they brought it into the house of Dagon, and set it by Dagon.
And when they of Ashdod arose early on the morrow, behold, Dagon was fallen upon his face to the earth before the ark of the Lord. And they took Dagon, and set him in his place again. And when they arose early on the morrow morning, behold, Dagon was fallen upon his face to the ground before the ark of the Lord; and the head of Dagon and both the palms of his hands were cut off upon the threshold; only the stump of Dagon was left to him." (1Sam 6: 2-4)

When you bring God almighty into your situation, that problem troubling you will crumble and fall without an option.
Make it a daily duty to bring God into your life troubles before you go to bed, and wake up each morning with your troubles sorted by the power of God.

"God is able to do more than you can ever consider",
Why not start this morning, talk to him about your worries every morning and night,and watch God move in your favor.

PRAYER
Almighty God and Father I lay my worries _____(name the worries) today at your feet, please. Father, show yourself strong in my situation, sort out my ____(name the worries) in your mercy.
Most importantly Father pls come into my life by the blood of your Son Jesus, and sort out my life in Jesus Holy name I pray
Amen.
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 6:37am On Nov 01, 2013
1/11/2013
BREAKING THE POWER

What sins do you easily commit?

No matter how small that sin may seem to you, it is taken as a serious offense before God

"For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all." (James 2:10)
Therefore, " Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able." (Luke 13:24)

"Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect."(Matthew5:48)

Do not console yourself about how small that sin is, instead try to identify your fault(s) bring God into the weakness in prayer in the Holy name of Jesus, and God will help you overcome just as dagon fell before the ark of God.
Amen

PRAYER
Father in the name of your Holy Son Jesus Christ, I invite you into my weakeness of _____(name each weakness).
I bring my fault(s) before your feet. Help me to overcome______ ,(name each weakness) by the power in the blood of Jesus.
Have mercy upon me O God
Lord please Wash away my sins and help me to resist the devil in my life.
Make me a better person I pray in Jesus Holy name
Amen

As you enter this new month of November, please make an effort to leave your life of sin in October.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The First Muslim Lollipop Lady In Birmingham! (pics) / My Top 5 Most Influential Men Of God In Nigeria / An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.