Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,543 members, 7,823,383 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

What Is Wrong With Mazda Cars} - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Is Wrong With Mazda Cars} (12683 Views)

What Is Wrong With Mazda Mpv? / Vibration And Jerking Problem With Mazda Millenia / How Reliable Are Mazda Cars? For A Frequent Traveller. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Wrong With Mazda Cars} by 2rutalk1: 7:35am On Aug 31, 2013
Car gurus in the house, kindly render your professional advice. I bought a Mazda 626 Es/Lx, 2000 model with Manual transmission recently. The car is neat with a very sound engine. Perhaps, the way my friends and relatives talk about Mazda cars makes it look as if I committed a crime. The resounding questions have been “why did you go for Mazda car, what are you doing Mazda product, didn't you see Toyota product in the market and so on. I am kind of confused to the extent of considering selling the car even though I know it is sound and neat to avoid regrets in the long run. So, I want to know exactly why this aversion for Mazda cars. Thanks

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Mazda Cars} by kenmaro: 8:59am On Aug 31, 2013
Mazda cars and all other car brands are very good and durable. Note that the durability of a car depends on the users maintenance habit. It's only ammatures that condemn a particular brand because of their Nigerian mentality of Toyota and Honda syndrome. Use and maintain your car properly and you shall reap the durability of Mazda cars. Goodluck!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With Mazda Cars} by 2rutalk1: 10:39am On Aug 31, 2013
kenmaro: Mazda cars and all other car brands are very good and durable. Note that the durability of a car depends on the users maintenance habit. It's only ammatures that condemn a particular brand because of their Nigerian mentality of Toyota and Honda syndrome. Use and maintain your car properly and you shall reap the durability of Mazda cars. Goodluck!
thank you so much

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Mazda Cars} by wwwkaycom(m): 9:39pm On Aug 31, 2013
my brother, pls go on using your car, mazda is a very good brand. With good routine maintenance, you will enjoy the car better than a toyota corola that is not well maintained. A senior colleague of mine in the office used Mazda 929 V6 engine for eleven years, he sold the car in 2011 and bought a 2001 Mazda 626 with 4 cylinder automatic. His wife also drives a 1996 mazda 626 hatchback. I call the man Mr Mazda, he is very good when it comes to vehicle maintenance. He said he has never had any serious issue with any mazd a he has used. The man that bought the old V6 from him is still driving it till today, nothing is wrong with mazda cars, I am looking forward to buying either a Masda Tribute, Toyota Highlander or Honda CRV early next year depending on the amount of money I will be willing to dispense off then. The Masda Tribute is still my no 1 because of its look and of course price, cheers!

3 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Mazda Cars} by mamajohn(f): 5:39am On Sep 01, 2013
I am presently driving one, mazda MPV, very great bus, have been riding it for 11months, no issue at all, service every month because of the nature of my. karakata runs, Akure -Ibadan - Lagos tours sometimes thrice a week. I changed the gear oil 4 months ago when I noticed that it was dragging when started in the morning, someone in nairaland advised me to change the gear oil and the problem ceased immediately, I have been enjoying it, nice ride, spacious and roomy, infact my mother-in-law is trying to buy one any moment from now, she said she always love to see me drive it. When I got it, people said I have thrown my money away, even my husband was convinced he bought a wrong car for me due to people's comments, let me say that is what brought me to nairaland and I started reading the postings of Siena, Ikenna, Zim-Drill, Car-Doctor and the other "ogas at the top" in this forum. The summary of their postings has always been "with good maintenance culture, you will enjoy your car" Forget what people say, the people who tried to convince me have never driven mazda in all their life, how come they know all the problems of the brand? I used to say it must be Toyota Sienna at all cost and that kept me in various time unconscious commercial vehicles for long since sienna did not come because of other family financial committments, that thought is gone for good now. Good maintenance culture bro, ire o!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With Mazda Cars} by bravolad(m): 1:09pm On Sep 01, 2013
The three (3) responders to your question have given you the best advice. Don't drive a car that people want but drive the one that you love. The only addition to the suggestions above is for you to take your time and identify a reputable and reliable auto garage that could help you carry out maintenance when required.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Mazda Cars} by 2rutalk1: 1:09pm On Sep 01, 2013
Thank u all. Its now obvious to me that all boils down to good maintenance .

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Mazda Cars} by Nobody: 2:26pm On Sep 01, 2013
mamajohn: I am presently driving one, mazda MPV, very great bus, have been riding it for 11months, no issue at all, service every month because of the nature of my. karakata runs, Akure -Ibadan - Lagos tours sometimes thrice a week.

Servicing your car on a monthly basis is overkill, and a waste of money. Regardless of how much an automobile is used, you carry out a major service every 12 months, or 12,000 miles, whichever occurs first.

A major service entails the following:

Oil.
Oil filter.
Air filter.
Fuel filter.
Cabin filter.
Spark plugs.

Then a minor inspection and lubrication service every 6 months, or 6,000 miles, whichever occurs first.

A minor inspection servce entails the following:

Oil.
Oil filter.
Serpentine belt check, replace if worn.
Brake pad, disc, linings, drums check, replace if worn.
Coolant check, if mixture is weak or dirty, replace.
Under body - exhaust, brake pipes, fuel lines checked.

Brake fluid is hydroscopic, which means it absorbs moisture. Once the water content gets too high, it corrodes the pipes, calipers, brake cylinders from the inside out. And also lowers the boiling point of the fluid, leading to poor braking efort, and brake fade.

Replace every 2 years, regardless of mileage, or automobile model.

If your engine runs a timing belt, inspect, and replace along with new idlers and tensioners at the manufacturer's specified intervals. If the water pump is driven by the timing belt, replace as well.

If your engine runs a timing chain, inspect, and replace along with new guides and tensioners at the manufacturer's specified intervals.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is Wrong With Mazda Cars} by Nobody: 6:40pm On Sep 01, 2013
I'm somehow motivated by D̶̲̥̅̊ response here.i got this mazda mpv automatic transmission i wanted to put it on the road for transport but the car have given me headache all the way.i have changed the engine, all the shocks now its overheating.the car jumps when switching gear, seeing D̶̲̥̅̊ comments here Ȋ̝̊̅§ making think of converting it to manual, Ȋ̝̊̅§ it worth it or i shud just sell off?
Re: What Is Wrong With Mazda Cars} by bravolad(m): 6:56pm On Sep 01, 2013
Siena:

Servicing your car on a monthly basis is overkill, and a waste of money. Regardless of how much an automobile is used, you carry out a major service every 12 months, or 12,000 mies, whichever occurs first.

Oil.
Oil filter.
Air filter.
Fuel filter.
Cabin filter.
Spark plugs.

Then a minor inspection and lubrication service every 6 months, or 6,000 miles, whichever occurs first.

Oil.
Oil filter.

Brake fluid is hydroscopic, which means it absorbs moisture. Once the water content gets too high, it corrodes the pipes, calipers, brake cylinders from the inside out. And also lowers the boiling point of the fluid, leading to poor braking efort, and brake fade.

If your engine runs a timing belt, inspect, and replace along with new idlers and tensioners at the manufacturer's specified intervals. If the water pump is driven by the timing belt, replace as well.

If your engine runs a timing chain, inspect, and replace along with new guides and tensioners at the manufacturer's specified intervals.

Well said @Siena. Those inspections are rarely done by most auto garage in Nigeria. They only charge inspection fee but never advise you to replace any of those components you listed. Very good reminder to us.
Re: What Is Wrong With Mazda Cars} by Dereformer(m): 5:27pm On Sep 03, 2013
good advice there, siena.
Re: What Is Wrong With Mazda Cars} by roosebolton: 8:18am On Sep 06, 2013
Siena:

Servicing your car on a monthly basis is overkill, and a waste of money. Regardless of how much an automobile is used, you carry out a major service every 12 months, or 12,000 miles, whichever occurs first.

Oil.
Oil filter.
Air filter.
Fuel filter.
Cabin filter.
Spark plugs.

Oil.
Oil filter.

You so know the way of it.
Re: What Is Wrong With Mazda Cars} by Exponental(m): 8:47am On Sep 06, 2013
bravolad:

Well said @Siena. Those inspections are rarely done by most auto garage in Nigeria. They only charge inspection fee but never advise you to replace any of those components you listed. Very good reminder to us.
the problem with replacement is originality. What u buy may not be as good as wat u have there. Most new parts are locally made or china made which may not last long while d tokunbo might have gotten to its salvage point.
Re: What Is Wrong With Mazda Cars} by ayobase(m): 10:35am On Oct 02, 2016
2rutalk1:
Car gurus in the house, kindly render your professional advice. I bought a Mazda 626 Es/Lx, 2000 model with Manual transmission recently. The car is neat with a very sound engine. Perhaps, the way my friends and relatives talk about Mazda cars makes it look as if I committed a crime. The resounding questions have been “why did you go for Mazda car, what are you doing Mazda product, didn't you see Toyota product in the market and so on. I am kind of confused to the extent of considering selling the car even though I know it is sound and neat to avoid regrets in the long run. So, I want to know exactly why this aversion for Mazda cars. Thanks

Morning bro.
Enjoying your Mazda?
Re: What Is Wrong With Mazda Cars} by twoMcfemad: 6:30pm On Oct 02, 2016
ayobase:

Morning bro. Enjoying your Mazda?
I own a Mazda of this model. Im enjoying it.
Re: What Is Wrong With Mazda Cars} by omicpet(m): 12:58am On Oct 03, 2016
I owned and used a v6 Mazda 626 hatchback I.e Spanish edition back in ma uni days (manual Tainny ) . Popularly known as Mazda booth and believe u me I can recollect the dumb look on my face when people make comments like Mazda na bad car , Mazda is terrible this and that and the look on their faces then when they get to find out it's a v6 . The most expensive repair I had done on it was changing my shocks those ladipo guys den pulled a fast one on me . Other than that I can't remember having any major issue or any tell tales or stories that touch the heart ish. And yes I went on spontaneuos trips with it, lag-Kd,lag- ilorin, ekiti, abj, I once put it up for sale on Nairaland here . Lol am glad nobody turned up for it . My trusted mecho still rocks it as a gift .

And oh yeah if you're the one that enjoys pulling your ride to the greatest of its limit welcome to rotary engines , yeah you should look that up . smiley cheers and enjoy your ride . What matters most is carrying out periodic maintenance on your ride , don't joke around with tokunbo tires buy them new .

4 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Mazda Cars} by ayobase(m): 1:00pm On Oct 03, 2016
twoMcfemad:

I own a Mazda of this model. Im enjoying it.

Thanks for sharing.
Re: What Is Wrong With Mazda Cars} by Readonee35L(m): 3:45pm On Oct 03, 2016
What I notice about Mazda Cars is Smoking engine.
Even the ones that are still clean and used for a short period of time will produce blue smoke/ fumes .Piston and rings issue
Re: What Is Wrong With Mazda Cars} by diportivo: 4:54pm On Oct 03, 2016
Readonee35L:
What I notice about Mazda Cars is Smoking engine.
Even the ones that are still clean and used for a short period of time will produce blue smoke/ fumes .Piston and rings issue

20w50 cry
Re: What Is Wrong With Mazda Cars} by Readonee35L(m): 5:38pm On Oct 03, 2016
diportivo:

20w50 cry
I know 20w50 is 95% of what Nigerians use. But the Mazda engines are not strong and they easily fail . and smoke .
I have my eyes on the 2005 Mazda 6s v6. but the online stories about the engine going bad without notice is not a good thing .
Re: What Is Wrong With Mazda Cars} by diportivo: 7:13pm On Oct 03, 2016
Readonee35L:

I have my eyes on the 2005 Mazda 6s v6. but the online stories about the engine going bad without notice is not a good thing .

That and the evil AT light coming on on the cluster
Re: What Is Wrong With Mazda Cars} by Emo101(m): 1:24pm On Oct 04, 2016
I Love This Section Am Really Learning A Lot Here...I Also Own A Mazda 626 Well It Give Me A Couple Of Whala Sha But All I Know Now Its All About Maintanance No Matter The Car U Are Using
Re: What Is Wrong With Mazda Cars} by Readonee35L(m): 9:16pm On Oct 04, 2016
diportivo:

That and the evil AT light coming on on the cluster
I think you're admitting Mazda's problem small small.
I really love the Mazda 6s as an everyday Beater vehicle and it looks better than the corolla s.
Even with a v6
But the problems online are scary.
Ranging from premature enging failure to transmission slipping at 3rd-4th-5th
Re: What Is Wrong With Mazda Cars} by diportivo: 9:55pm On Oct 04, 2016
Readonee35L:

I think you're admitting Mazda's problem small small.
I really love the Mazda 6s as an everyday Beater vehicle and it looks better than the corolla s.
Even with a v6
But the problems online are scary.
Ranging from premature enging failure to transmission slipping at 3rd-4th-5th

Testdrove one recently with the view of buying

Gear was on limp mode

1-3-X

Just gears 1 and 3 was working

A scan revealed the ish...a solenoid stuck open..P0770

Online repair experiences didn't make its case beta

Had to move on
Re: What Is Wrong With Mazda Cars} by Readonee35L(m): 11:11pm On Oct 04, 2016
diportivo:

Gear was on limp mode

1-3-X

Had to move on
I see .
You made a wise choice
Re: What Is Wrong With Mazda Cars} by ukandi1(m): 6:08am On Oct 05, 2016
2rutalk1:
Thank u all. Its now obvious to me that all boils down to good maintenance .

And ignorance on d parr of those criticising it. They have not used a Mazda before but yet know all d challenges with d brand. Maza cars are gud. I have used a 626 millennia and I enjoyed it. Problem i had was d same with every other brand; jumped gallop(at ikom _ Obudu ) in cross river, relays pulled out if position, fans stopped working, vehicle overheated and engine block was cracked. I had to buy half engine. Again its not peculiar to Mazda. Toyota, Honda and Nissan all do same depending on d extent

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Mazda Cars} by ayobase(m): 10:54am On Oct 05, 2016
diportivo:

Gear was on limp mode
1-3-X
Had to move on

This one you just sold?
https://www.nairaland.com/2261992/well-used-2000-model-mazda#49928783
Re: What Is Wrong With Mazda Cars} by neweraomo: 12:34pm On Oct 05, 2016
i have got a very clean mazda 626 boot for sale,no single fault and my location is oyo state

Re: What Is Wrong With Mazda Cars} by diportivo: 7:54pm On Oct 05, 2016
ayobase:

This one you just sold?

https://www.nairaland.com/2261992/well-used-2000-model-mazda#49928783

Iv not sold it yet angry

I still dey find buyer grin grin

And no....u simply didn't read my reasons for writing that post cos it has nothing to do with a Mazda 626 undecided
Re: What Is Wrong With Mazda Cars} by Nobody: 5:34am On Oct 06, 2016
diportivo:

20w50 cry

Boss, how do u mean by this.. Do u mean this oil grade is not good for this ride or you are recommending dis oil grade?
Re: What Is Wrong With Mazda Cars} by diportivo: 6:17am On Oct 06, 2016
Hayjaycity:

Boss, how do u mean by this.. Do u mean this oil grade is not good for this ride or you are recommending dis oil grade?

Hayjaycity....my guy from the federal taskforce thread grin

It means the oil grade is bad for the ride o.while some cars will tolerate it for a while,Mitsubishi/Mazda's won't at all...

5w30 is the recommended oil grade
Re: What Is Wrong With Mazda Cars} by ayobase(m): 4:27pm On Oct 06, 2016
diportivo:

Iv not sold it yet angry

I still dey find buyer grin grin

And no....u simply didn't read my reasons for writing that post cos it has nothing to do with a Mazda 626 undecided

Sorry about the mix up.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I’ve Sold 30 Stolen Vehicles – Engineer / Convert Right Hand Drive Truck To Left Hand Drive (urgent) / Is Buying A Car A True Sign Of Success?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.