Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,985 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

"For Sale" Sign On Moving Vehicles Illegal - FCT VIO - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / "For Sale" Sign On Moving Vehicles Illegal - FCT VIO (12799 Views)

Nigerian VIO Officer Cries For Help As Driver Fights For His Car Key (video) / Sad Experience With VIO Today / Private Car Owners Do Not Need Roadworthiness Issued By VIO - Appeal Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"For Sale" Sign On Moving Vehicles Illegal - FCT VIO by ikorodureporta: 4:16pm On May 19, 2019
Federal Capital Territory Directorate of Road Traffic Services (VIO) says pasting “For Sale” sticker on moving vehicles as a way of marketing was illegal and a violation of the law.

Mr Kalu Emetu, the directorate’s Public Relations Officer made this known in an interview with News Agency of Nigeria in Abuja, on Sunday.

Emetu said that such act was a violation of the FCT Administration’s transportation master plan.

He noted that a lot of vehicles had been impounded for violating the law; and warned car owners to use proper channels of marketing their vehicles.

He also said that it was illegal for any vehicle owner to market their vehicles in unauthorised car marts in the FCT.

“We have been impounding vehicles because it is illegal to be marketing your vehicle inside the city without authorisation, once you put up any car for sale, it is meant to be at the right place.

“Once you put any car for sale, you pay for advertising, and other fees, so if you have a vehicle for sale, arrange with an authorised car dealer to help you sell it,” he said.

The PRO said that once vehicles in an illegal car mart were impounded, a certain fine would be paid on each, depending on the type, before they are released.

According to him, the fine ranges from N50, 000 to N25, 000 adding that the vehicles will also be towed to their office for safekeeping pending the time the owner pays the fine.

“When we get the fine from you, you will have to write an undertaking that you will not repeat such act again when all these are done, your vehicle will then be released,” he said.

He, however, said if the offence was repeated even after paying the fine, the car owner would be re-arrested and be made to pay another fine.

Emetu said the fine was another way of generating revenue for the government.

(NAN)

Source: https://punchng.com/for-sale-sign-on-moving-vehicles-illegal-says-fct-vio/

2 Likes

Re: "For Sale" Sign On Moving Vehicles Illegal - FCT VIO by Blue3k(m): 4:43pm On May 19, 2019
“Once you put any car for sale, you pay for advertising, and other fees, so if you have a vehicle for sale, arrange with an authorised car dealer to help you sell it,” he said.

What a dumb law. This is law only serves to put money dealers pockets. This law should be changed. If the government wants to charge fees just do it after title changes hands.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "For Sale" Sign On Moving Vehicles Illegal - FCT VIO by Kelklein(m): 6:10pm On May 19, 2019
They should kukuma tell us it's against the law to sell your old cars.

Due to the economic hardship, they saw that there has been an increase in the number of people that want to sell their cars hence the new rule (I can't call it a law)..

Then the Legislooters who are suppose to challenge this kangaroo rule are too busy sharing money.

If this is not a jungle, pls tell me where is..

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "For Sale" Sign On Moving Vehicles Illegal - FCT VIO by nurey(m): 7:46pm On May 19, 2019
simple solution, stop using for sale start using
come and buy
I want to sell
Available
etc
you can even use your local dialect, if you know you know

97 Likes

Re: "For Sale" Sign On Moving Vehicles Illegal - FCT VIO by nurey(m): 7:46pm On May 19, 2019
come and buy
I want to sell
Available
etc

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "For Sale" Sign On Moving Vehicles Illegal - FCT VIO by carbon1224(m): 5:53am On May 20, 2019
Simple solution just park it and put a keg on it then you will see the magic.

Done that more than 15x so everybody in this country understands the meaning.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: "For Sale" Sign On Moving Vehicles Illegal - FCT VIO by Nbote(m): 8:42am On May 20, 2019
Dis country is really becoming unbecoming... I buy a car with my money, do registration with my money, and den wen I decide to write my number on it, d useless govt suddenly realises it's their business? They are all mad

21 Likes

Re: "For Sale" Sign On Moving Vehicles Illegal - FCT VIO by phoexix: 10:39pm On May 20, 2019
nurey:

come and buy

I want to sell

Available

etc

grin

2 Likes

Re: "For Sale" Sign On Moving Vehicles Illegal - FCT VIO by Cutefergieee: 6:42am On May 21, 2019
Ok
Re: "For Sale" Sign On Moving Vehicles Illegal - FCT VIO by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:43am On May 21, 2019
We have been impounding vehicles because it is illegal to be marketing your vehicle inside the city without authorisation, once you put up any car for sale, it is meant to be at the right place.
Once you put any car for sale, you pay for advertising, and other fees, so if you have a vehicle for sale, arrange with an authorised car dealer to help you sell it,” he said.
This is how it is done in a sane society.
We can't be clamouring for a better nation and still want to be doing things in the illegal way.
Nigeria will be GREAT again.
Slow and steady we will get there.

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "For Sale" Sign On Moving Vehicles Illegal - FCT VIO by Hotzone(m): 6:44am On May 21, 2019
A lot of criminals on disguise

1 Like

Re: "For Sale" Sign On Moving Vehicles Illegal - FCT VIO by LilSmith55(m): 6:45am On May 21, 2019
Them dey mad

1 Like

Re: "For Sale" Sign On Moving Vehicles Illegal - FCT VIO by Lordknowz: 6:45am On May 21, 2019
nurey:

come and buy

I want to sell

Available

etc

grin
Make i add more
Come grab this thing for a token
How far this thing nah cash & carry

2 Likes

Re: "For Sale" Sign On Moving Vehicles Illegal - FCT VIO by helinues: 6:46am On May 21, 2019
May be some car dealers are tipping the man. Even in the Western world, it is allowed.

People in power always with misplaced priority

5 Likes

Re: "For Sale" Sign On Moving Vehicles Illegal - FCT VIO by Chinashopping84: 6:46am On May 21, 2019
Does it matter
Re: "For Sale" Sign On Moving Vehicles Illegal - FCT VIO by MrCuteking(m): 6:46am On May 21, 2019
There will be a point in time that both laws and corruption will chock our leaders. That period they would look for what to say to make money, only to realize it had already been stated.

Rain Water will no longer spoil your watch.
Cool watch that fits casual wears or suits.

We have both leather and metal strap. Different colours that will match your colour as well.

My Price is N4,000
Delivery:Nationwide
Pay On Delivery is allowed.
Lagos delivery fee: N500
Other states: N1,000
Click on the l.i.n.k on my signature below this comment.

Or contact me via 0.8.0.3.3.4.4.7.8.1.8
Calls or whatsapp.

Re: "For Sale" Sign On Moving Vehicles Illegal - FCT VIO by Lordknowz: 6:48am On May 21, 2019
post=78574497:

This is how it is done in a sane society.
We can't be clamouring for a better nation and still want to be doing things in the illegal way.
Nigeria will be GREAT again.
Slow and steady we will get there.

Once you put any car for sale, you pay for advertising, and other fees

Bro, nah another means of getting from public be this. Cash & carry dey happen for everywhere around the world. Nah Condition dey make most people sell their car. Make them cum still dey pay one charges again, is that a loss or gain?

8 Likes

Re: "For Sale" Sign On Moving Vehicles Illegal - FCT VIO by sammirano: 6:48am On May 21, 2019
But this nogeria government can be very funny. It is a duty to explicitly state the law that countrrs such action. Even our govt are violating their positions.
Re: "For Sale" Sign On Moving Vehicles Illegal - FCT VIO by sevo(m): 6:48am On May 21, 2019
Three betnaija scammers on this topic already....monitoring spirits got nothing on this scammers..

Modified.. Make that four....the hustle is real..Nigerians must be scammed..

3 Likes

Re: "For Sale" Sign On Moving Vehicles Illegal - FCT VIO by aolawale025: 6:48am On May 21, 2019
What exactly is legal??
Re: "For Sale" Sign On Moving Vehicles Illegal - FCT VIO by capitalzero: 6:48am On May 21, 2019
mad dogs everywhere. If revolution starts today, security agents will suffer most.

1 Like

Re: "For Sale" Sign On Moving Vehicles Illegal - FCT VIO by Trueigbo: 6:48am On May 21, 2019
Paulikade545:
Read below

Seun and lalastic do something about these people

1 Like

Re: "For Sale" Sign On Moving Vehicles Illegal - FCT VIO by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:48am On May 21, 2019

2 Likes

Re: "For Sale" Sign On Moving Vehicles Illegal - FCT VIO by cardoctor(m): 6:48am On May 21, 2019
What rubbish. Let them show us where it says so.

1 Like

Re: "For Sale" Sign On Moving Vehicles Illegal - FCT VIO by loadedvibes: 6:49am On May 21, 2019
Nice

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Annoying Things Nigerian Drivers Do With Their Car Horn / See How To Debadge A Mercedes Benz CLA 250 Or Any Car Brand / 10 Bad Habits That Can Damage Your Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.