Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,387 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:09 AM

Agent Orange. American Chemical And Biological Warfare - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Agent Orange. American Chemical And Biological Warfare (2566 Views)

U.S Government Created The Most Deadly Diseases As Biological Warfare / Bill Clinton Not Chelsea's Biological Father(real Father Pictured / Canada Minister Resigns After Buying $16 Orange Juice Outside Budget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Agent Orange. American Chemical And Biological Warfare by cap28: 2:36pm On Sep 19, 2013
lucky Don: The yanks never targeted the civilians deliberately.It was out of desperation to bomb the vietcongs.And most importantly,they sprayed 20 million litters and not 80 million litters.And I would also like to remind u guys that many US servicemen were also affected by this agent orange especially those that applied it.

you seem to be more concerned about US soldiers who launched an unprovoked attack on a considerably weaker and smaller country than the vietnamese who lost an estimated 4 to 5 million lives (majority of whom were civillians) This is the problem with brainwashing it makes you incapable of reasoning in a logical manner.

2 Likes

Re: Agent Orange. American Chemical And Biological Warfare by cap28: 2:49pm On Sep 19, 2013
lucky don - some more info for you:

Chemical companies, US authorities knew dangers of Agent Orange
Jon DillinghamAugust 10, 2009

Those responsible for exposing Vietnamese citizens and US troops to toxic defoliants kept silent about known health implications, a review of documents finds.

US chemical companies that made Agent Orange and the government and military authorities who ordered its spraying on Vietnam knew the human health toll it could take, according to official and unofficial documents detailing the history of the deadly defoliant.

A review of the documents related to the use of Agent Orange – a dioxin-laden herbicide – in Vietnam, including decades-old declassified papers from the companies that manufactured it and the government and military that used it, provides compelling evidence that those in charge also concealed evidence of the devastating effects it could have on people.

Mum’s the word

A declassified letter by V.K. Rowe at Dow’s Biochemical Research Library to Bioproducts Manager Ross Milholland dated June 24, 1965 clearly states that the company knew the dioxin in their products, including Agent Orange, could hurt people.
In reference to 2,4,5,-trichlorophenol and 2,3,7,8, -tetrachlorodibenzodioxin (components of Agent Orange), Rowe stated:
“This material is exceptionally toxic; it has a tremendous potential for producing chloracne and systemic injury.”

Images inserted by TheWE.cc
Rowe worried the company would suffer if word got out.
“The whole 2,4,5-T industry would be hard hit and I would expect restrictive legislation, either barring the material or putting very rigid controls upon it.”
So he said the company should keep quiet about the toxicity:
“There is no reason why we cannot get this problem under strict control and thereby hopefully avoid restrictive legislation ... I trust you will be very judicious in your use of this information.
It could be quite embarrassing if it were misinterpreted or misused ...
P.S. Under no circumstances may this letter be reproduced, shown, or sent to anyone outside of Dow.”
Dow played its cards right, never getting in serious trouble. The spraying of Agent Orange in Vietnam went on for another six years.
Dow did not return phone calls and emails requesting comment on the Agent Orange issue.
Could have manufactured without dioxin but process slower and more expensive

In the latest case of US veterans trying to sue Dow and Monsanto for their cancers related to Agent Orange exposure, Supreme Court Documents related to a petition for a Writ of Certiorari in Daniel Raymond Stephenson, et al., petitioners, v. Dow Chemical Company, Monsanto Company, et al., respondents, further implicates the companies in cover-ups and misinformation.
The petitioners state that the companies knew their dioxins, such as those used in Agent Orange, were harmful and lied about it while concealing information, including the fact that several factory workers had fallen sick after exposure to dioxin.

As Vietnam War Scholar and US Veteran W.D. Ehrhart put it concisely in a Thanh Nien Daily interview last week: “It would be hard to describe Agent Orange as anything other than a chemical weapon. Dioxin is a chemical.”
So is arsenic

http://thewe.cc/weplanet/asia/vietnam/agent_orange_victims_of-US_herbicide_spraying_vietnam.htm

2 Likes

Re: Agent Orange. American Chemical And Biological Warfare by luckyDon1: 4:15pm On Sep 19, 2013
cap28:

you seem to be more concerned about US soldiers who launched an unprovoked attack on a considerably weaker and smaller country than the vietnamese who lost an estimated 4 to 5 million lives (majority of whom were civillians) This is the problem with brainwashing it makes you incapable of reasoning in a logical manner.

I can never be brainwashed because I have access to history books/materials and I keep my self updated daily with what happens at the global community.
In as much I believe that the yanks are not saints,I know for sure that they are far more better than the Russians and guarantees world security.

1 Like

Re: Agent Orange. American Chemical And Biological Warfare by cap28: 4:32pm On Sep 19, 2013
lucky Don: I can never be brainwashed because I have access to history books/materials and I keep my self updated daily with what happens at the global community.
In as much I believe that the yanks are not saints,I know for sure that they are far more better than the Russians and guarantees world security.

The fact that you keep yourself updated by reading history books does not mean that you know the whole story, dont forget history is usually written to suit the victors and not the vanquished.

Many western historian write sanitised versions of history in order to make their countries look honourable and america is no exception.

Russia has its chequered past, no-one is denying that , infact russia is known all over the world for being one of the most racist countries as far as blacks are concerned but america has committed so many atrocities against weaker nations of the world that it has no right to stand in judgement against any country of the world.

I dont know how you arrived at that conclusion that america guarantees world security when it has been responsible for starting 3 wars in the middle east and north africa alone within a space of just 10 years.

It also supplies weapons to some of the most tyrannical regimes in the world and props up brutal dictatorships most notably the saudi dictatorship who are as we speak arming and training those terrorists that are destabilising syria.

2 Likes

Re: Agent Orange. American Chemical And Biological Warfare by Horus(m): 9:36pm On Sep 19, 2013
lucky Don: I know for sure that the yanks never planned to kill civilians with it.They resorted to it so that they can be able to bomb the evil soviet backed communist to rumbles.And may I remind u guys that agent orange is not a chemical weapon.It is just a HERBICIDE for clearing thick jungles.Many countries have used it in their own countries.
For e.g Canada has used it in the northern Ontario and also the province of New Brunswick.

Are you saying that the yanks didnt know at all that there was civilians farmers cultivating their crops below when they sprayed the Agent Orange with US Air Force plane?

They resorted to it so that they can be able to bomb the evil soviet backed communist to rumbles.

Why do you see them as evil when they are just trying to protect their own land against invaders?

It is just a HERBICIDE for clearing thick jungles.

So for you the deadly chemical Agent Orange is just merely an ordinary "HERBICIDE" that we can easily buy in the hand of any suppliers?
Agent Orange contains high levels of dioxins and everybody should know that these are some of the most toxic chemicals on earth, both carcinogenic and mutagenic (altering genes). As for the US being 'innocent' as they didn't know what the impacts would be, this stuff was sprayed first back in the 1950s and the evidence of its harmfulness was overwhelming even by the 1960s. So the US knew the effect of those chemicals before the Vietnam war. Please research these subjects, unless you are one of those people who refuse to believe anything you read that has been produced by science.

1 Like

Re: Agent Orange. American Chemical And Biological Warfare by Horus(m): 9:45pm On Sep 19, 2013

They were born decades after American forces had sprayed the herbicide dioxin Agent Orange in South Vietnam, but some children living in the region today continue to suffer from the horrifying effects of the chemical.

The Vietnam Red Cross estimated that about 1 million Vietnamese have been affected by Agent Orange, including 150,000 children suffering from birth defects

1 Like

Re: Agent Orange. American Chemical And Biological Warfare by NairaMinted: 10:33pm On Sep 19, 2013
Enjoy...

3 Likes

Re: Agent Orange. American Chemical And Biological Warfare by thoth: 4:09am On Sep 20, 2013
NairaMinted: Enjoy...

Actually most Africans see nothing wrong in all these, that makes you wonder where we would be after 2016.

2 Likes

Re: Agent Orange. American Chemical And Biological Warfare by luckyDon1: 7:37am On Sep 20, 2013
Horus:

They were born decades after American forces had sprayed the herbicide dioxin Agent Orange in South Vietnam, but some children living in the region today continue to suffer from the horrifying effects of the chemical.

The Vietnam Red Cross estimated that about 1 million Vietnamese have been affected by Agent Orange, including 150,000 children suffering from birth defects

Horus:

Horus:

From my observations here,u guys are all anti Americans.U all have forgetten the heavy price that American servicemen paid for the actualisation of freedom as from the second world war.
I know they are not saints but their sacrifices must always be appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Agent Orange. American Chemical And Biological Warfare by thoth: 9:17am On Sep 20, 2013
lucky Don: From my observations here,u guys are all anti Americans.U all have forgetten the heavy price that American servicemen paid for the actualisation of freedom as from the second world war.
Sorry we are not fooled by all that charade. They paid the price to be the next tyrant, please go and study your 2WW history again to find out the real reasons why US entered the war in the first place. No country has invaded US since the its Independence and all the wars the US has ever gotten involved in since after the second wold war actually to destroy the freedom of the people involved.

2 Likes

Re: Agent Orange. American Chemical And Biological Warfare by cap28: 10:35am On Sep 20, 2013
lucky Don: From my observations here,u guys are all anti Americans.U all have forgetten the heavy price that American servicemen paid for the actualisation of freedom as from the second world war.

You keep repeating the lies that you are drip fed by Fox, CNN, BBC, MSNBC et al -

You need to start thinking for yourself, read unbiased accounts of history, stop reading books written by people or organisations that have a vested interest in the corrupt US system - you can start here:

http://mtwsfh..co.uk/

Did you know that many of america's richest industrialists and top govt officials were in bed with the Nazis before and during the second world war?

2 Likes

Re: Agent Orange. American Chemical And Biological Warfare by Horus(m): 10:47am On Sep 20, 2013

We are anti-Injustice. The second world war?. Do you know about the Anglo-American banking cartel?. The Rockefeller and Morgan empires lended money to the German to fund WWII. American oil giant Standard Oil purchased 730,000 acres of land in Germany and built large oil refineries that supplied the Nazis with oil. At the same time, the United States secretly provided Germany with the most modern equipment for military airplane factories. Defeating Nazism was not the immediate goal of American intervention. The goal was to have a long, devastating and lucrative war, leading to greater concentration of power and money in their hands. The Anglo-American banking cartel didn't care about American servicemen during WWII. Even today in 2013, at the highest level, all intelligence agencies (MI-6, CIA, Mossad, KGB) answer to this cartel, not to their national governments.

2 Likes

Re: Agent Orange. American Chemical And Biological Warfare by luckyDon1: 5:06pm On Sep 20, 2013
Horus:

We are anti-Injustice. The second world war?. Do you know about the Anglo-American banking cartel?. The Rockefeller and Morgan empires lended money to the German to fund WWII. American oil giant Standard Oil purchased 730,000 acres of land in Germany and built large oil refineries that supplied the Nazis with oil. At the same time, the United States secretly provided Germany with the most modern equipment for military airplane factories. Defeating Nazism was not the immediate goal of American intervention. The goal was to have a long, devastating and lucrative war, leading to greater concentration of power and money in their hands. The Anglo-American banking cartel didn't care about American servicemen during WWII. Even today in 2013, at the highest level, all intelligence agencies (MI-6, CIA, Mossad, KGB) answer to this cartel, not to their national governments.
I totally disagree with you.The US detested the nazis because they were facists.If you can research very well,u will see that in the 1930s and 40s were the time that facism was growing.Totalitarian govts were springing up for eg,Franco of spain,Mussoloni of Italy,Stalin of USSR and Hitler.The policies of this dictators were condemned in by the west,notably US,Britain and France who promoted democracy.
America never associated closely with the nazis and I totally reject the assertion that US supplied the nazis with military supplies because the Germans were the industrial giant of Europe.
Now let me make this points clear to you.
The nazis completely built all their military hardwares like the famous tank called the TIGER KING,they were the first nation to produced aircrafts with jet engine in the name of messerschmit which shocked the allies.Their submarine warfare in the atlantic inflicted heavy damage to the allied shipping.The notable submariners in histrory were all Germans.Most world war 2 aces were Germans fighter pilots.And also they were the first to invent V rockets which made US to hurriedly capture their scientists immediately after the war.Those scientist helped US to develop what we called missiles today.So I wonder how made the assertion that US supplied them with weapons when the nazis produced superior ones though in a smaller quantity when allied bombing of Germany intensified.
So please get this info that Amerians ever supported the nazis from your mind because all the yanks have ever fought for was for freedom,human dignity and happiness.

1 Like

Re: Agent Orange. American Chemical And Biological Warfare by Horus(m): 8:59pm On Sep 20, 2013
lucky Don: I totally disagree with you.The US detested the nazis because they were facists.If you can research very well,u will see that in the 1930s and 40s were the time that facism was growing.Totalitarian govts were springing up for eg,Franco of spain,Mussoloni of Italy,Stalin of USSR and Hitler.The policies of this dictators were condemned in by the west,notably US,Britain and France who promoted democracy.
America never associated closely with the nazis and I totally reject the assertion that US supplied the nazis with military supplies because the Germans were the industrial giant of Europe.
Now let me make this points clear to you.
The nazis completely built all their military hardwares like the famous tank called the TIGER KING,they were the first nation to produced aircrafts with jet engine in the name of messerschmit which shocked the allies.Their submarine warfare in the atlantic inflicted heavy damage to the allied shipping.The notable submariners in histrory were all Germans.Most world war 2 aces were Germans fighter pilots.And also they were the first to invent V rockets which made US to hurriedly capture their scientists immediately after the war.Those scientist helped US to develop what we called missiles today.So I wonder how made the assertion that US supplied them with weapons when the nazis produced superior ones though in a smaller quantity when allied bombing of Germany intensified.
So please get this info that Amerians ever supported the nazis from your mind because all the yanks have ever fought for was for freedom,human dignity and happiness.

To understand you have to do more research about the Third Reich. The ordinary american soldier of WWII don't have a clue about what was going on behind closed doors at the Top of the establishement in America. The US government and the Anglo-American banking cartel are two different entities. Germany and the Third Reich are two different entities. The Third Reich just took control of Germany (a soft coup d'etat). During WWII the Third Reich was funded by the Anglo-American banking cartel. Even when Germany was bombed by the allied armies there was some specific factories that were Not bombed because the Anglo-American banking cartel had some important investments in many German companies. After the war Germany was defeated but the Third Reich was not defeated. People that were part of The Third Reich were simply "transfered" to the United States where they worked hand in hand with the US Military on developing long range missiles and the Atomic Bomb, they even developed secret UFOs programs (flying saucer). They just got rid of some of the nazis that they didnt need by sendind them to the Nuremberg trials just to make the world believe that it was the fall of the Third Reich. Those who funded WWII are the same people who funded the war in Vietnam.
Re: Agent Orange. American Chemical And Biological Warfare by thoth: 12:52am On Sep 21, 2013
Horus:

To understand you have to do more research about the Third Reich. The ordinary american soldier of WWII don't have a clue about what was going on behind closed doors at the Top of the establishement in America. The US government and the Anglo-American banking cartel are two different entities. Germany and the Third Reich are two different entities. The Third Reich just took control of Germany (a soft coup d'etat). During WWII the Third Reich was funded by the Anglo-American banking cartel. Even when Germany was bombed by the allied armies there was some specific factories that were Not bombed because the Anglo-American banking cartel had some important investments in many German companies. After the war Germany was defeated but the Third Reich was not defeated. People that were part of The Third Reich were simply "transfered" to the United States where they worked hand in hand with the US Military on developing long range missiles and the Atomic Bomb, they even developed secret UFOs programs (flying saucer). They just got rid of some of the nazis that they didnt need by sendind them to the Nuremberg trials just to make the world believe that it was the fall of the Third Reich. Those who funded WWII are the same people who funded the war in Vietnam.

You are talking to a talking drum. just like all drums its makes its reply from how its beaten.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Worst Country To Be A Woman / Recent Picture Of Trump And His Workers From Mar-a-lago! / King of Eswatini Reported To Have Fled Country Amid Protests for Democracy (PIX)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.