Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:04 AM

24 Youth Volunteers Killed In Boko-Haram Ambush - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 24 Youth Volunteers Killed In Boko-Haram Ambush (15886 Views)

How Two Soldiers Were Killed In Boko Haram Ambush / Nigerian Soldiers Successfully Repel Suspected Boko Haram Ambush In Kogi State / 40 Soldiers Killed, 65 Missing In Boko-Haram Ambush (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

24 Youth Volunteers Killed In Boko-Haram Ambush by HenryQuest(m): 6:21am On Sep 01, 2013
No fewer than 24 youth volunteers popularly known as Civilian JTF were killed yesterday when Boko Haram insurgents ambushed the vigilance group in Monguno, northern Borno. Sources also said many of the volunteers are still missing.

A police source hinted that the tragic incident occurred following a counter insurgency mission embarked upon by the Civilian JTF in Boko Haram camps around Kaleri, Shuwari, Maganari and Nannari villages in the Monguno Local Government Area. But the mission took a sad turn when the insurgents in a military vehicle ambushed the youths.

“The vigilante youths numbering over 100 were on a mission to smoke out some Boko Haram men but they were ambushed by the insurgents. About 24 people may have died while about 36 were still missing.

“There was an initial arrangement with military troops that they will accompany the vigilante youths to the Boko Haram camps but the youths had to leave after endless waiting. Because the military did not surface, they moved to Monguno in a  convoy of about five vehicles but the armed Boko Haram who disguised in army camouflage and a captured military patrol  confused the vigilante youths to think they were  military troops. They just opened fire on the young men while many others fled,” one of the volunteers who could not make the trip to Monguno disclosed in Maiduguri.

Spokesman of the defunct Joint Task Force (JTF), Lt Col Sagir Musa and the Police Public Relations (PPRO), Jibril Gideon could not be reached as at press time.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/24-youth-volunteers-killed-in-boko-haram-ambush/
Re: 24 Youth Volunteers Killed In Boko-Haram Ambush by Patdedon(m): 6:48am On Sep 01, 2013
RIP to the dead.
Their blood is on the head of our security operatives. Totally unreliable cry

2 Likes

Re: 24 Youth Volunteers Killed In Boko-Haram Ambush by ofala(m): 7:07am On Sep 01, 2013
Something is missing here. Are these 'youths' not those that operate with just matchetes? Does it mean that they go after well armed boko criminals with bare hands and without military backup?
Re: 24 Youth Volunteers Killed In Boko-Haram Ambush by HenryQuest(m): 7:12am On Sep 01, 2013
ofala: Something is missing here. Are these 'youths' not those that operate with just matchetes? Does it mean that they go after well armed boko criminals with bare hands and without military backup?
they just want to render help in a little way they can.

4 Likes

Re: 24 Youth Volunteers Killed In Boko-Haram Ambush by Toomaxi(m): 8:01am On Sep 01, 2013
Hw did d boko pple knw dt they are coming? Why did d army delayed in accompaning them? I tink somtin is wrong somewhere esp frm d army>SABO in JTF

20 Likes

Re: 24 Youth Volunteers Killed In Boko-Haram Ambush by slap1(m): 8:12am On Sep 01, 2013
I can safely assume that there is a mole among the civilian-JTF or even the JTF who leaked the mission to the Boko Haram. I don't see how else the ambush could have been successful. Farewell, brave warriors!

2 Likes

Re: 24 Youth Volunteers Killed In Boko-Haram Ambush by MightySparrow: 8:34am On Sep 01, 2013
This clearly shows that Book haram is not northern agenda but some enemies of humanity at work. May the souls of the departed rest is perfect peace.

2 Likes

Re: 24 Youth Volunteers Killed In Boko-Haram Ambush by zangiff(m): 10:03am On Sep 01, 2013
omo dis ones serious ohh, dis guys will never finish sha.....ffuck Boko H
Re: 24 Youth Volunteers Killed In Boko-Haram Ambush by Akinolore(m): 10:05am On Sep 01, 2013
Why did d army refuses to show up in the first place? No back up for d boys, chai. RIP
Re: 24 Youth Volunteers Killed In Boko-Haram Ambush by Muscomide: 10:06am On Sep 01, 2013
And all these while Jonathan is playing politics in Abuja. Human life accounts for nothing in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 24 Youth Volunteers Killed In Boko-Haram Ambush by texazzpete(m): 10:07am On Sep 01, 2013
Mighty Sparrow: This clearly shows that Book haram is not northern agenda but some enemies of humanity at work. May the souls of the departed rest is perfect peace.

This clearly shows nothing of that sort.
It only shows the foolhardiness of confronting heavily armed terrorists with only machetes.
Re: 24 Youth Volunteers Killed In Boko-Haram Ambush by Johnayoola(m): 10:07am On Sep 01, 2013
ofala: Something is missing here. Are these 'youths' not those that operate with just matchetes? Does it mean that they go after well armed boko criminals with bare hands and without military backup?
exactly
Re: 24 Youth Volunteers Killed In Boko-Haram Ambush by Nobody: 10:07am On Sep 01, 2013
And how they would have thought it's the army that they were waiting for that had showed up only for the miscreants to open fire at them

I'm sure some military personnel tipped BH about the awaiting vigilantés

all in all

BH is going down
Re: 24 Youth Volunteers Killed In Boko-Haram Ambush by instinctg(m): 10:08am On Sep 01, 2013
Was d army scared of going ? Dis ll dampen d morale of d Civilian JTF
Re: 24 Youth Volunteers Killed In Boko-Haram Ambush by free2ryhme: 10:10am On Sep 01, 2013
which way nigeria
Re: 24 Youth Volunteers Killed In Boko-Haram Ambush by 3ace(m): 10:13am On Sep 01, 2013
HenryQuest: “There was an initial arrangement with military troops that they will accompany the vigilante youths to the Boko Haram camps but the youths had to leave after endless waiting. Because the military did not surface, they moved to Monguno in a
convoy of about five vehicles but the armed
Boko Haram who disguised in army
camouflage and a captured military patrol
confused the vigilante youths to think they
were military troops.
Although I admire their bravery but they shouldn't have embarked on that mission since the military failed to show up. They should have suspected foul play. Wars are not won by how skillful you are in the art of shooting guns, karate, kung fu, wrestling, boxing e.t.c, but also intelligence. You must be very clever when executing your strategies against your enemies. Maybe civilian JTF should recruit Michael Scofield not Wentworth Miller for intelligent advice.

7 Likes

Re: 24 Youth Volunteers Killed In Boko-Haram Ambush by locust01(m): 10:15am On Sep 01, 2013
]Hmmmmmmmmmmm lobatan. We have boko boys in the army.PDP is bokoharam ,bokoharam is PDP. Shikena.
Re: 24 Youth Volunteers Killed In Boko-Haram Ambush by Nobody: 10:20am On Sep 01, 2013
I don't blame the JTF. I blame those foolish boys who have decided to waste their lives in a nation filled with hypocrites and sycophants. . .

Let all of them flee the place, Boko Haram is no child's play. By the time BH makes it to Abuja, maybe the Military will wise up and do their thing.

Somebody will now wear uniform and start slapping civilians, @ the end of the month he still collects his salary. . . Me I will now start forming Rambo in front of terrorists? Lai Lai!!!

4 Likes

Re: 24 Youth Volunteers Killed In Boko-Haram Ambush by kwajahafiz(m): 10:20am On Sep 01, 2013
when will this people develope thier intelligence enough to counter this sort of very simple acts by the insurgency?.
This warrants only simple intelligence effort.
Re: 24 Youth Volunteers Killed In Boko-Haram Ambush by DonaldGenes(m): 10:20am On Sep 01, 2013
slap1: I can safely assume that there is a mole among the civilian-JTF or even the JTF who leaked the mission to the Boko Haram. I don't see how else the ambush could have been successful. Farewell, brave warriors!
there could be a slight element of truth in there"
Re: 24 Youth Volunteers Killed In Boko-Haram Ambush by imsuboi(m): 10:22am On Sep 01, 2013
RIP to the dead...

May their deaths not be in vain IJN

cry
cry
Re: 24 Youth Volunteers Killed In Boko-Haram Ambush by Okeikpu(m): 10:23am On Sep 01, 2013
The evil dat men do live after them, na before dat one dey happen, now the evil dat men do live with dem 24hrs daily , the northern evil leaders brought dis evil to demselves tongue
Re: 24 Youth Volunteers Killed In Boko-Haram Ambush by lertee(f): 10:23am On Sep 01, 2013
kingkoboko: NIGERIA IS DEAD (1914-2014) www.smashwords.com/books/view/234073
This is funny grin grin

1 Like

Re: 24 Youth Volunteers Killed In Boko-Haram Ambush by IGBOSON1: 10:26am On Sep 01, 2013
Akinolore: Why did d army refuses to show up in the first place? No back up for d boys, chai. RIP

^^^In saner climes some heads would roll for this clear incompetence and dereliction of duty on the part of the army! Where the fuc/k were they when those volunteers were waiting for them to show up for the operation?......probably still in bed snoring! And on the part of the CJTF; who the hell thought it was a brilliant idea to go on their own -without armed backup- to hunt bloodthirsty animal scum in human form? These youths need to be guided/led better, b'cos as youths they naturally would be inclined to be a bit reckless sometimes.

After someone will tell me they don't deserve some sort of commendation and assistance!
Re: 24 Youth Volunteers Killed In Boko-Haram Ambush by tchigofigo(m): 10:29am On Sep 01, 2013
eiyaa. They should'a waited 4 d reinforcements.,jst a lil more patience..,dis wil surely dampen dre morales..R.I.P
Re: 24 Youth Volunteers Killed In Boko-Haram Ambush by 3ace(m): 10:30am On Sep 01, 2013
I'm really feeling sad for these guys. These were the guys that complained some few days ago that they needed monthly allowance for their upkeep. Going by this report if it is true, they didn't ask for too much. The particular troop that probably stylishly dodged the mission will continue feeding fat on our resources while these poor souls continue to loose their lives for peace to reign in Nigeria without being compensated. This is why the police can't be fully efficient. You want them to go out there and risk their lives but you refuse to give them a reason to die for their fatherland.

1 Like

Re: 24 Youth Volunteers Killed In Boko-Haram Ambush by Nobody: 10:32am On Sep 01, 2013
Nigeria is not a country worth dying for because no one will ever remember you! Smh

1 Like

Re: 24 Youth Volunteers Killed In Boko-Haram Ambush by Okeikpu(m): 10:35am On Sep 01, 2013
Dis Awusa pple sef grin dem carry bow nd arrows,dey pursue pple wey carry AK97 grin

2 Likes

Re: 24 Youth Volunteers Killed In Boko-Haram Ambush by alyarmouk(m): 10:36am On Sep 01, 2013
LOL..MEDIA AND LIES...........THE NIGERIAN ARMY KILLED THE YOUTHS THINKING THEY WERE BOKO HARAM INSURGENTS..I HAVE A SURVIVAL AS A FRIEND WHO NARATED EVRY...AND MORE CONCRETE IS THE FACT THAT HE RECOGNIZED MOST OF THEM AS SOLDIERS PRIOR TO THAT RAID.

THE MASSACRE WAS A MISTAKE..AS SIMPLE AS THAT

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Friday Sani Makama Faked Injuries From Thugs Attack - Facebook User Claims / Soldiers Flood Anambra Over Massob's Sit-at-home Order / Tinubu From Hero To ?? Where Did It All Go Wrong.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.