Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,130 members, 7,821,868 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

24 Youth Volunteers Killed In Boko-Haram Ambush - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 24 Youth Volunteers Killed In Boko-Haram Ambush (15897 Views)

How Two Soldiers Were Killed In Boko Haram Ambush / Nigerian Soldiers Successfully Repel Suspected Boko Haram Ambush In Kogi State / 40 Soldiers Killed, 65 Missing In Boko-Haram Ambush (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 24 Youth Volunteers Killed In Boko-Haram Ambush by tspun(m): 10:36am On Sep 01, 2013
is so sad that they have got judas in their mist. My their so rest in perfect peace.
Re: 24 Youth Volunteers Killed In Boko-Haram Ambush by collynzo2(m): 10:41am On Sep 01, 2013
berem: Nigeria is not a country worth dying for because no one will ever remember you! Smh
Is this the right thing to say at this time? You filthy whorè!
Re: 24 Youth Volunteers Killed In Boko-Haram Ambush by hammedkola(m): 10:45am On Sep 01, 2013
slap1: I can safely assume that there is a mole among the civilian-JTF or even the JTF who leaked the mission to the Boko Haram. I don't see how else the ambush could have been successful. Farewell, brave warriors!
There has always been mole(s), that's one of the suggested reason of why the GSM networks were shutdown so has to hinder passing of information across, but yet..they still make use of satellite radio.

May their soul rest in peace.
Re: 24 Youth Volunteers Killed In Boko-Haram Ambush by hikmoj(m): 10:45am On Sep 01, 2013
HenryQuest:

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/24-youth-volunteers-killed-in-boko-haram-ambush/
it seems d military jtf is now relenting effort leavin d toothles dog of civilian jtf 2 bite.
Re: 24 Youth Volunteers Killed In Boko-Haram Ambush by Jakumo(m): 10:46am On Sep 01, 2013
Battle-front troops are at their most vulnerable when being transported in vehicular convoys. In trucks, seated fighters present concentrated targets that can easily be raked with machinegun fire in roadside ambush, sequel to being comprehensively annihilated before they even get a chance to disembark and take cover.

Another important factor that comes into play when untrained irregulars are drafted to confront guerilla tactics in Africa is of course the widespread reliance by civilians on "magic" amulets and other fetish items believed to impart bullet-proof properties on wearers. Decked out in the comical regalia of such traditional belief systems, and greatly boosted in fighting morale by that misplaced reliance, civilian vigilante volunteers are prone to embarking on foolhardy extremes of suicidal misadventure in the face of incoming live fire, with the predictable outcome of instant carnage.
Re: 24 Youth Volunteers Killed In Boko-Haram Ambush by Dabrain20(m): 10:48am On Sep 01, 2013
Hum!!!!!! something is missing.......it obvious dat somebody intentionally delay d JTF so dat d insurgents can overpower the civilian JTP. I urge Govt to investigate thouroughly... There is a mole among the leader of d JTF..

What would have delay them wen they reached an agreement to ambushed the BH boiz with the ccivilian

This is simple arithmetic....... Something shd be donee to dig out the moles amng the JTF

1 Like

Re: 24 Youth Volunteers Killed In Boko-Haram Ambush by lincolnj88: 10:54am On Sep 01, 2013
Religion with 2 face in one head (peace) and (terrorism)....civillian jtf stands for peace and have thier reference from the quran .....boko haram stands for terrorism and have thier reference from the quran ...and all have thier inspiration from doing of dier prophet(saw) and all parties do the bidding of allah....tongue out....peace
Re: 24 Youth Volunteers Killed In Boko-Haram Ambush by QMark: 10:55am On Sep 01, 2013
berem: Nigeria is not a country worth dying for because no one will ever remember you! Smh

You are wrong my dear. They will be remembered.....but only by their poor wives and children, especially now that 3 square meals will become a thing of the past as a result of the death of the bread winners.

It is sad that editorials can't even spare spare some space to publish the names of these heroes. Sometimes I wish stories like this will get more press attention than the popular Tonto Dike, Beverly Osu & a Pastor's sex scandal would. These people did not do this to protect only themselves & their immediate family members; they took the risk for "Nigeria" ....if there is still a country called that.

Security system in Nigeria is as dead as the Nigeria system. As much as I want to continue being uptimistic that ng will get it right someday, something deep within says something else.

I love Nigeria & I will continue to. Will it get better? Don't ask me again.

4 Likes

Re: 24 Youth Volunteers Killed In Boko-Haram Ambush by jude33084(m): 10:56am On Sep 01, 2013
Patdedon: RIP to the dead.
Their blood is on the head of our security operatives. Totally unreliable cry

The JTF team should be investigated becuase τhis issue is odorifrous I must say. angry

One or two military officer is a boko haram member inside JTF team. angry

RIP to the dead and may their spirit join their living counterpart to continue the fight. sad
Re: 24 Youth Volunteers Killed In Boko-Haram Ambush by jude33084(m): 11:00am On Sep 01, 2013
Dabrain20: Hum!!!!!! something is missing.......it obvious dat somebody intentionally delay d JTF so dat d insurgents can overpower the civilian JTP. I urge Govt to investigate thouroughly... There is a mole among the leader of d JTF..

What would have delay them wen they reached an agreement to ambushed the BH boiz with the ccivilian

This is simple arithmetic....... Something shd be donee to dig out the moles amng the JTF

My view exactly! sad
Re: 24 Youth Volunteers Killed In Boko-Haram Ambush by StObaino1(m): 11:04am On Sep 01, 2013

In as much as its a great idea fighting to defend their territory, I agree with you.
From the way things are going, naija aint worth dying for. Them go even play politics with ur death.

May D souls of the dead RIP.

1 Like

Re: 24 Youth Volunteers Killed In Boko-Haram Ambush by francisbiz: 11:05am On Sep 01, 2013
Mighty Sparrow: This clearly shows that Book haram is not northern agenda but some enemies of humanity at work. May the souls of the departed rest is perfect peace.

It is purely a nothern agenda.
I pity the loved ones the civilian jtf left behind.
If the north like let them watch and see their region become the most illiteracy stricken and poorest enclave in the world;
IT'S YOUR FUNERAL.
Abeg I wan watch liverfool vs woman-united match?
Re: 24 Youth Volunteers Killed In Boko-Haram Ambush by andrano: 11:09am On Sep 01, 2013
who so ever is responsible in dis boko haram killing wld soon b identify by d almighty God. But am also suspecting people democratic party dat dere are d one behind all dis nigeria problem. Am also telling d whole world wit loud voice dat people democratic party are responsible for all our problems in nigeria. Dere say gun dont kill people but people kill people becos if those call bokoharam were not encourage wit arm dere wld not d rite 2 kill large number of people witout killing any big politcian, dere only kill d poor in d name fighting d government. Dat is y some nigerians are leaving d country 2 anoder country wich is very bad and some useless people are saying dat we are having good government. Am auging all nigerian people 2 pray 4 nigeria dont wait 4 any mallam or pastor prayer becos dere are all politician who dont hav faith in dem.
Re: 24 Youth Volunteers Killed In Boko-Haram Ambush by jude33084(m): 11:10am On Sep 01, 2013
jassie: I don't blame the JTF. [size=15pt][s]I blame those foolish boys who have decided to waste their lives in a nation filled with hypocrites and sycophants. . .[/s][/size]

Let all of them flee the place, Boko Haram is no child's play. By the time BH makes it to Abuja, maybe the Military will wise up and do their thing.

Somebody will now wear uniform and start slapping civilians, @ the end of the month he still collects his salary. . . Me I will now start forming Rambo in front of terrorists? Lai Lai!!!

Blame the JTF not the boys and mind you they are not cowards like,... angry

1 Like

Re: 24 Youth Volunteers Killed In Boko-Haram Ambush by olatunji555: 11:23am On Sep 01, 2013
I dont think there is lasting solution 2 dis problem of BH. Y would d JTf not show up 2 back up d civilian JTF making dem to risk their life 4 nothing. Besides, how manage could d army camouflage hv gotten 2 d hands of BH. GOD SAVE US.
Re: 24 Youth Volunteers Killed In Boko-Haram Ambush by Nobody: 11:24am On Sep 01, 2013
alyarmouk: LOL..MEDIA AND LIES...........THE NIGERIAN ARMY KILLED THE YOUTHS THINKING THEY WERE BOKO HARAM INSURGENTS..I HAVE A SURVIVAL AS A FRIEND WHO NARATED EVRY...AND MORE CONCRETE IS THE FACT THAT HE RECOGNIZED MOST OF THEM AS SOLDIERS PRIOR TO THAT RAID.

THE MASSACRE WAS A MISTAKE..AS SIMPLE AS THAT

Brro re U sure of this? Or U just dey talk? Pls let us know, becos we myt tek dis 2d next level should it b true
Re: 24 Youth Volunteers Killed In Boko-Haram Ambush by lateefDayo: 11:38am On Sep 01, 2013
in the first place y did army refused to show backgrand on tym.possibly they ar d on dat went n giv boko haram insurgent d info. R I P to decease
Re: 24 Youth Volunteers Killed In Boko-Haram Ambush by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 01, 2013
alyarmouk: LOL..MEDIA AND LIES...........THE NIGERIAN ARMY KILLED THE YOUTHS THINKING THEY WERE BOKO HARAM INSURGENTS..I HAVE A SURVIVAL AS A FRIEND WHO NARATED EVRY...AND MORE CONCRETE IS THE FACT THAT HE RECOGNIZED MOST OF THEM AS SOLDIERS PRIOR TO THAT RAID.

This is most likely what might have happened
Re: 24 Youth Volunteers Killed In Boko-Haram Ambush by Nobody: 12:10pm On Sep 01, 2013
Raymondenyi:

Brro re U sure of this? Or U just dey talk? Pls let us know, becos we myt tek dis 2d next level should it b true

What are U taking to the next level?..there is always a mistake in war, since dere is an emergency situation in the state, and the military are on duty, and considering how this BH operate, I think the FG should jst compensate d families of the deceased and national award should given 2 everyone of them, ifthat is exactly what happened. You don't know that in war, attack is the best form of defence.
Re: 24 Youth Volunteers Killed In Boko-Haram Ambush by CastleandGreen: 12:13pm On Sep 01, 2013
Muscomide: And all these while Jonathan is playing politics in Abuja. Human life accounts for nothing in Nigeria.
Don‘t you think you are sounding like a goat here?
Re: 24 Youth Volunteers Killed In Boko-Haram Ambush by Pennywise(m): 12:17pm On Sep 01, 2013
The Nigerian army has not only failed to provide security for its citizens, it has also failed woefully to take advantage of a groundswell of popular resentment and opposition to the insurgency that would have been strategic in its efforts. What kind of officers run the Nigerian army of today?

This particular massacre should be investigated with a view to getting somebody or persons within the army to take responsibility. The low morale that this setback will engender among the civilian corp will translate into lost opportunity, empower the insurgents leading to more loss of lives among our troops.

May the soul of the dead rest in peace.
Re: 24 Youth Volunteers Killed In Boko-Haram Ambush by Arysexy(m): 12:20pm On Sep 01, 2013
RIP warriors. Boko may God punish una nd una generation plus Supporters!
Re: 24 Youth Volunteers Killed In Boko-Haram Ambush by gsainttrinity(m): 12:24pm On Sep 01, 2013
Patdedon: RIP to the dead.
Their blood is on the head of our security operatives. Totally unreliable cry
True talk bro.. very pathetic... Goodluck please do something about security.
Re: 24 Youth Volunteers Killed In Boko-Haram Ambush by konami001: 12:28pm On Sep 01, 2013
Its all SMOKES and SCREENS
Re: 24 Youth Volunteers Killed In Boko-Haram Ambush by infomjoeyahoo(m): 12:29pm On Sep 01, 2013
I guess until federal government do something about those profiting from the security situation in the north, the war against terrorism may never end.
Re: 24 Youth Volunteers Killed In Boko-Haram Ambush by Nobody: 12:33pm On Sep 01, 2013
Laying down ones life for this country is something folks got to consider then reconsider and reconsider and reconsider....amnesty is dangling for da BH bois.....well one thing i know is that Ibadan is the capital of OYO.
Re: 24 Youth Volunteers Killed In Boko-Haram Ambush by 3ace(m): 12:35pm On Sep 01, 2013

If this is true, then it's rather unfortunate. But since the military JTF recognises the civilian JTF in this struggle, there should be a sign or mark to recognise them.

2 Likes

Re: 24 Youth Volunteers Killed In Boko-Haram Ambush by Kevsman(m): 12:37pm On Sep 01, 2013
olatunji555: I dont think there is lasting solution 2 dis problem of BH. Y would d JTf not show up 2 back up d civilian JTF making dem to risk their life 4 nothing. Besides, how manage could d army camouflage hv gotten 2 d hands of BH. GOD SAVE US.
thay import the military camouflag (uniformes)
Re: 24 Youth Volunteers Killed In Boko-Haram Ambush by Nobody: 12:43pm On Sep 01, 2013
jude33084:

Blame the JTF not the boys and mind you they are not cowards like,... angry

It's a pity you didn't understand my sarcasm. As a matter of fact, I was blaming the JTF.

And please next time, don't confuse ignorace for bravery. Unless you are well armed, there are certain battles you don't fight. . . Or would you have fought a battalion of Armed Terrorists with mere Blacksmith's pieces? Nahh, I know you're not a FOOL!
Re: 24 Youth Volunteers Killed In Boko-Haram Ambush by josite: 12:47pm On Sep 01, 2013
I cant help laughing. Only a fool set out to invade the territory of a strong man without adequate preparation. This my Nigeria is d funniest country in d world. The other time policemen perished in scores on a trip to catch jus one native doctor.

1 Like

Re: 24 Youth Volunteers Killed In Boko-Haram Ambush by Kevsman(m): 12:50pm On Sep 01, 2013
Jakumo: Battle-front troops are at their most vulnerable when being transported in vehicular convoys. In trucks, seated fighters present concentrated targets that can easily be raked with machinegun fire in roadside ambush, sequel to being comprehensively annihilated before they even get a chance to disembark and take cover.

Another important factor that comes into play when untrained irregulars are drafted to confront guerilla tactics in Africa is of course the widespread reliance by civilians on "magic" amulets and other fetish items believed to impart bullet-proof properties on wearers. Decked out in the comical regalia of such traditional belief systems, and greatly boosted in fighting morale by that misplaced reliance, civilian vigilante volunteers are prone to embarking on foolhardy extremes of suicidal misadventure in the face of incoming live fire, with the predictable outcome of instant carnage.
well said, am on my way to join the army, pls join me
Re: 24 Youth Volunteers Killed In Boko-Haram Ambush by nuceo: 12:57pm On Sep 01, 2013
Donalð Genes:
there could be a slight element of truth in there"
i think it is a setup by the army following the agitation of the civilian jtf to be paid allowances like the military jtf

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Igbo VS Yoruba: EgusiSoup / States Where Trader Moni Has Been Launched / Place Atiku On Security Watch, Miyetti Allah Tells Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.