Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,231 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:12 AM

Igbo-akwa Ibom Marriage, How Do Igbos See It ? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Igbo-akwa Ibom Marriage, How Do Igbos See It ? (4099 Views)

Long Distance Marriage, How Do You Cope? / Marriage: How Do You Feel About This / No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo-akwa Ibom Marriage, How Do Igbos See It ? by HODGreat(m): 11:55am On Sep 01, 2013
I am an Igbo guy who has eventually fallen in love with an Akwa Ibom girl. This girl is homely, very non-materialistic, caring, submissive, light-colored and pretty.
I have dated her for two years and five months but have not had a canal knowledge of her.
I heartily intend to make her my better half when I'm ready and I have told her. She promises to wait for any number of years till I'm ready. I believe she loves me.
But I, being the first son of my parents, in a family of just two males, I feel that there will great traditional road bumps for our union to stand. Next I think of my children. Will they not be discriminated as to having a not closely relating maternal home- Akwa Ibom.
I don't know how effective slight historical unfriendliness between Igbo and AkwaIbom may have to do with their inter-marriage.
Should I move on with this affair or will my kinsmen see me as weak, to have been won over by an Akwa Ibom girl? Please help me, Nairalanders please help.
Re: Igbo-akwa Ibom Marriage, How Do Igbos See It ? by Afam4eva(m): 11:58am On Sep 01, 2013
An Igbo-Efik/Ibibio marraige is no biggie. It's something that's usually not even discussed cos it's not worth discussing. Igbos and their Efik/Ibibio neigbors have a lot in common and are not very far apart. So, i don't think you'll have a problem there as far as cultural difference is concerned.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo-akwa Ibom Marriage, How Do Igbos See It ? by 360command: 1:29pm On Sep 01, 2013
This should not be a problem for you,your parents,hers and her parent. No discrimination or whatsoever. Una 2 fit. Happy future marriage!!!

2 Likes

Re: Igbo-akwa Ibom Marriage, How Do Igbos See It ? by tpia5: 1:43pm On Sep 01, 2013
I dont think its so unusual.

Akwa iboms are calabar people, to the rest of nigeria.
Re: Igbo-akwa Ibom Marriage, How Do Igbos See It ? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Sep 01, 2013
May God help my country progress.
Re: Igbo-akwa Ibom Marriage, How Do Igbos See It ? by bellong: 4:17pm On Sep 01, 2013
What has her tribe got to do with your happiness and fulfillment in marriage. She had no control over the tribe she found herself, so it should not be something to discourage you at all.

You should be more concerned about what she has control over.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo-akwa Ibom Marriage, How Do Igbos See It ? by Awakulowo: 4:43pm On Sep 01, 2013
I pity the lady. I don't know what an Akwa-Ibom lady is doing with ibo man.

"ibo summarily means Homo-Vandalism"

1 Like

Re: Igbo-akwa Ibom Marriage, How Do Igbos See It ? by addictiv(m): 5:01pm On Sep 01, 2013
i hear akwa ibom women are very nice homely....probably someone you would love to keep.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo-akwa Ibom Marriage, How Do Igbos See It ? by Ngokafor(f): 11:33pm On Sep 01, 2013
Lmao @ 'non materialistic'...anyway i think you should go right ahead and marry her if you feel she's the right one for you....we are all human beings abeg even though we love to stick with our kind.....am surprised you have slight reservations cos she's Akwa-Ibom..that's like home to me seriously!

1 Like

Re: Igbo-akwa Ibom Marriage, How Do Igbos See It ? by tpia5: 12:16am On Sep 02, 2013
i dont think igbo/calabar marriage is so unusual.

even the culture is very similar.

i think aros [igbo] are descended from a mixture of igbos and efiks or ibibios.

1 Like

Re: Igbo-akwa Ibom Marriage, How Do Igbos See It ? by HODGreat(m): 9:00am On Sep 02, 2013
Awakulowo what's wrong?.

(1) (Reply)

Her Husband Want Them 2 Take A Blood Oath 2 Proof Faithfulness 2 Her. / Use Elepaq Generator 2.5 Kva / Why Have The Women Decided To Be Treating Us Like This? (photo Below)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.