Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,705 members, 7,820,461 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

Her Husband Want Them 2 Take A Blood Oath 2 Proof Faithfulness 2 Her. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Her Husband Want Them 2 Take A Blood Oath 2 Proof Faithfulness 2 Her. (4112 Views)

‘my Wife Must Swear In My Village To Prove Her Faithfulness / Angry Nigerian Rants On Facebook About Homework Given 2 Her 5-yr-old Niece(pic) / My Husband Want Anal Sex, What Should I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Her Husband Want Them 2 Take A Blood Oath 2 Proof Faithfulness 2 Her. by Better2014: 6:51pm On Jan 03, 2015
Hi mums and dads of Nairaland.My frend called me on fone last 9t,she said after Confronting her husband about some issues in dia marriage,He told her dat he wants them 2 take a blood oath that they will not cheat on each other dat d penalty will b Death.he was serious,he said if dat will make his wife trust him he is willing.D problem now is dat my frend is scared,its unheared off, no man wants 2 b dis commited,d marriage is just 2 yrs now.pls ur advice is needed.am confused as well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Her Husband Want Them 2 Take A Blood Oath 2 Proof Faithfulness 2 Her. by Harmonyemerald(f): 6:53pm On Jan 03, 2015
Me self am confused self embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Her Husband Want Them 2 Take A Blood Oath 2 Proof Faithfulness 2 Her. by kalet55(m): 6:54pm On Jan 03, 2015
She should do it
Re: Her Husband Want Them 2 Take A Blood Oath 2 Proof Faithfulness 2 Her. by yorex2011: 7:01pm On Jan 03, 2015
Why is she scared.. Is she afraid she would cheat?
Re: Her Husband Want Them 2 Take A Blood Oath 2 Proof Faithfulness 2 Her. by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jan 03, 2015
oh...
mehn....this love strong...
Re: Her Husband Want Them 2 Take A Blood Oath 2 Proof Faithfulness 2 Her. by elantraceey(f): 7:06pm On Jan 03, 2015
Oath in this century? That's achaic .

Whatever happenned to trust?

2 Likes

Re: Her Husband Want Them 2 Take A Blood Oath 2 Proof Faithfulness 2 Her. by datguru: 7:08pm On Jan 03, 2015
Odi egwu ooo
Re: Her Husband Want Them 2 Take A Blood Oath 2 Proof Faithfulness 2 Her. by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jan 03, 2015
Better2014:
Hi mums and dads of Nairaland.My frend called me on fone last 9t,she said after Confronting her husband about some issues in dia marriage,He told her dat he wants them 2 take a blood oath that they will not cheat on each other dat d penalty will b Death.he was serious,he said if dat will make his wife trust him he is willing.D problem now is dat my frend is scared,its unheared off, no man wants 2 b dis commited,d marriage is just 2 yrs now.pls ur advice is needed.am confused as well.

I am confused too . . .blood oath lohun lohun
She did the confronting, but he is asking for blood oath . . .
reverse psychology?
Maybe he knows something she doesnt
If she is not comfortable she should tell him
Thanks to Nollywood teachings. . .
What does their religion say? That is the answer to the question.

2 Likes

Re: Her Husband Want Them 2 Take A Blood Oath 2 Proof Faithfulness 2 Her. by aristocrazzy: 7:11pm On Jan 03, 2015
It is against the teachings of the bible to swear any oath of any form for any reason except to God which is kinda what you know as Marriage vow.
So what's the point swearing this time? Pls don't cheat oo!
Re: Her Husband Want Them 2 Take A Blood Oath 2 Proof Faithfulness 2 Her. by cococandy(f): 7:18pm On Jan 03, 2015
Blood oath ke. Very fetish.
She better tell him she's not comfortable with it.

Why don't they just promise each other,learn to trust and be don't with it
Re: Her Husband Want Them 2 Take A Blood Oath 2 Proof Faithfulness 2 Her. by fijiano202(m): 7:20pm On Jan 03, 2015
When u think u have heard it all a new one pops up......

The husband needs a medical and spiritual check up
Re: Her Husband Want Them 2 Take A Blood Oath 2 Proof Faithfulness 2 Her. by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jan 03, 2015
Lol. Why is the lady scared now?
Typical of Nigerian ladies. Always quick to make accusations even when they don't have proof.
Methink the lady is even planning to cheat on the poor man, hence her reluctance to take the oath.

2 Likes

Re: Her Husband Want Them 2 Take A Blood Oath 2 Proof Faithfulness 2 Her. by reaky(m): 7:32pm On Jan 03, 2015
Am scared sad sad
Re: Her Husband Want Them 2 Take A Blood Oath 2 Proof Faithfulness 2 Her. by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jan 03, 2015
fijiano202:
When u think u have heard it all a new one pops up......

The husband needs a medical and spiritual check up

I think your submission is wrong, read the post very well and see, the woman raised some issue which infidelity is likely to be among, the man who knows himself just to prove to the woman about his faithfulness suggested oath!

What i expect you or anyone else who opposed it to say, is they should find another means, simple.

May be if he didn't come up with this suggestion by now the woman would have been cooking some trouble perpe soup for the man, and someone may have given her false info about the man.
Re: Her Husband Want Them 2 Take A Blood Oath 2 Proof Faithfulness 2 Her. by bennyrazz: 7:55pm On Jan 03, 2015
any kind of oath involving blood is very dangerous and potent. The problem with blood oath in relationship is if one party dies? when one party dies, the other party can't move on. If he/she does, that's breaking the oath and whatever the consequences of the oath is would befall the oath breaker. Now back to the topic@op, I think your friend husband is playing a fast one on her cuz he knows she will not accept or give in into such.

1 Like

Re: Her Husband Want Them 2 Take A Blood Oath 2 Proof Faithfulness 2 Her. by fijiano202(m): 7:57pm On Jan 03, 2015
[quote author=freeboy604 post=29461389]

I think your submission is wrong, read the post very well and see, the woman raised some issue which infidelity is likely to be among, the man who knows himself just to prove to the woman about his faithfulness suggested oath!

What i expect you or anyone else who opposed it to say, is they should find another means, simple.

May be if he didn't come up with this suggestion by now the woman would have been cooking some trouble perpe soup for the man, and someone may have given her false info about the man.
[/quote are u a learner...those taking a oath stop a man from adultery....she doesn't really trust her husband from the onset.....for a man suggesting that kinda stuff is really absurd and fishy
Re: Her Husband Want Them 2 Take A Blood Oath 2 Proof Faithfulness 2 Her. by teemanbastos(m): 7:59pm On Jan 03, 2015
[size=48pt]NO[/size]...
Nt Necessary.
When you got married, You were bound together both on Earth and in Heaven. so why need a blood covenant again?
Bkos of That Both should respect the Union ..

A Blood Covenant is beyond the Physical. Itz has STRONG STRONG consequences 4qet d fakt that u are husby and wife.. Sinz yhu are married,why du blood covenant?
Nt necessary
Re: Her Husband Want Them 2 Take A Blood Oath 2 Proof Faithfulness 2 Her. by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jan 03, 2015
Hmmmm undecided
Re: Her Husband Want Them 2 Take A Blood Oath 2 Proof Faithfulness 2 Her. by emeraldoe(f): 8:45pm On Jan 03, 2015
HELL NO
Re: Her Husband Want Them 2 Take A Blood Oath 2 Proof Faithfulness 2 Her. by cococandy(f): 8:55pm On Jan 03, 2015
bennyrazz:
any kind of oath involving blood is very dangerous and potent. The problem with blood oath in relationship is if one party dies? when one party dies, the other party can't move on. If he/she does, that's breaking the oath and whatever the consequences of the oath is would befall the oath breaker. Now back to the topic@op, [/b] i think your friend husband is playing a fast one on her cuz he knows she will not accept or give in into such. [/b]

Exactly.
Re: Her Husband Want Them 2 Take A Blood Oath 2 Proof Faithfulness 2 Her. by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jan 03, 2015
I believe d couple is not from south south region. cause in these areas the oath is already taken through traditional rites by the woman, if she dares strays , she's done for or their children will pay for it dearly. the husband's mind is settled after trad, that his wife wont cheat on him.. so no need asking for blood oath afterwards.. its a done deal...only if both couples are from south south.
she can do it, if she wants.....although its archaic.
Re: Her Husband Want Them 2 Take A Blood Oath 2 Proof Faithfulness 2 Her. by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jan 03, 2015
@op,it might be a test. Maybe the husband is trying to know her stand in the relationship, even the man may not mean it but wanted to know her reply.
She shouldn't be scared now if truly she loved her husband. I believed her husband knows the implication if him his cheat.
Re: Her Husband Want Them 2 Take A Blood Oath 2 Proof Faithfulness 2 Her. by Wendy80(f): 10:43pm On Jan 03, 2015
I think he's trying to work on her mind. He knows she will be scared and won't agree to do it that's why he suggested it.
He'll go on cheating spree having psyched her up.

2 Likes

Re: Her Husband Want Them 2 Take A Blood Oath 2 Proof Faithfulness 2 Her. by Unspoken: 11:32pm On Jan 03, 2015
If she doesnt have a phd in african spiritualism then she should not agree so she doesnt tamper with her destiny. But if she totally understand the mechanism then no probs. But the man get mind sha...things are not always the way they seem.
Re: Her Husband Want Them 2 Take A Blood Oath 2 Proof Faithfulness 2 Her. by dBard: 6:57am On Jan 04, 2015
She should have accepted.
Whether her husband is playing a smart one on her is kinda immaterial here, besides d only way to know would have been t call his bluff n agreed t his suggestion.
she can always find an excuse to back out later.

Her running scared can & will b interpreted in d negative (she is/planning to/doesn't trust herself not to cheat).

Funny situation tho...
Re: Her Husband Want Them 2 Take A Blood Oath 2 Proof Faithfulness 2 Her. by Ewuro4: 7:08am On Jan 04, 2015
Games grin

Ere ori igi...

Oath ko.. Smart dude

1 Like

Re: Her Husband Want Them 2 Take A Blood Oath 2 Proof Faithfulness 2 Her. by LordReed(m): 8:53am On Jan 04, 2015
Better2014:

LoL! I thought blood oaths were a juvenile scheme to entrap lovers so people take it this seriously? Wow wow wow.
Re: Her Husband Want Them 2 Take A Blood Oath 2 Proof Faithfulness 2 Her. by rukyboy(m): 9:36am On Jan 04, 2015
They already swore an oath before God on their wedding day..
Re: Her Husband Want Them 2 Take A Blood Oath 2 Proof Faithfulness 2 Her. by Richy4(m): 9:57am On Jan 04, 2015
so who will be officiating the oath taking? a dibia/ sangoma?
please tell your friend the vow and oath people make at the alter before God and his congregation is enough.if they are not married, they should go and get married in the church. if they have before, they should go and renew their marriage vow if they are christian. Blood oath is for pagans. people should let fetish things be

1 Like

Re: Her Husband Want Them 2 Take A Blood Oath 2 Proof Faithfulness 2 Her. by Better2014: 10:31am On Jan 04, 2015
rukyboy:
. That is exactly what I told her.Her husband went as far telling my frend parents about d oath taking dat they shud give dia consent,He is damn serious about it,I told her dat if she agrees 2 dis oath thing her marriage will know dat dia is no trust if not 4 d oath they toook,d love will b based on d oath.
Re: Her Husband Want Them 2 Take A Blood Oath 2 Proof Faithfulness 2 Her. by Better2014: 10:31am On Jan 04, 2015
rukyboy:
. That is exactly what I told her.Her husband went as far telling my frend parents about d oath taking dat they shud give dia consent,He is damn serious about it,I told her dat if she agrees 2 dis oath thing her husband will know dat dia is no trust if not 4 d oath they toook,d love will b based on d oath.
Re: Her Husband Want Them 2 Take A Blood Oath 2 Proof Faithfulness 2 Her. by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jan 04, 2015
So, let me get this straight. They take the blood oath, and any of them who cheats runs mad or dies? And people are taking this topic seriously? People don't believe a wife should be submissive, but they believe in and fear 'blood oaths'? Oh, my people. Chai.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Buy Faulty And Abandon Electronic / Beware Of This Dangerous Plant! / Igbo-akwa Ibom Marriage, How Do Igbos See It ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.