Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,636 members, 7,820,227 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? (12649 Views)

Satanic Suggestions While Serving God / Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by Alwaystrue(f): 7:34pm On Sep 01, 2013
@OP, I believe we serve God because we never want to be seperated from Him whether in this life or after. Rom. 8:35-39.
Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by Ediss(m): 7:38pm On Sep 01, 2013
;DEnd time question
Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by Meridian(f): 7:41pm On Sep 01, 2013
God created us for dis purposes;
Love HIM
Serve HIM
Worship HIM
in dis life n to be happy wit HIM in d life to come

1 Like

Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by piagetskinner(m): 7:43pm On Sep 01, 2013
I serve God bkos w/t Him I wouldn't have existed,it will jst b as if I was never here...bkos HE is the only one TRUE God,who has been b4 time,and will still be even after the end of time....which other god can beat dat? In summary,I lOVe HiM!
Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by Matthewbriggs(m): 7:45pm On Sep 01, 2013
I serve God, Not just because I love him, but because he defines my existence
Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by anonimi: 7:50pm On Sep 01, 2013
I see that quite a number of posters say they serve God because they love him.
Can anyone of such posters expalin HOW he loves God?
How does s/he manifest such love for God PRACTICALLY, preferably with examples
Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Sep 01, 2013
orgasticdance: No thanks. Heaven will be worse than Noth Korea. Imagine a place where u cant booze, u cant smoke ganja, u cant have org.ies, u can't play Call of Duty wit ur mates, only praising and worshipping one yeye muppet dicktator morning and night, no tanks, i'll rather chill wit my hip demons and satan in hell any day

All those wouldn't matter the moment you close your eyes in death. Heaven is Real. Likewise, Hell. Please, don't give up on Heaven, yet smiley. Don't give up on the prophecies of God concerning Christ's Second Coming etc. The fact that some of these prophecies have come to pass tells you that it's just a matter of time, others would.

God loves you, and He wants you to obey His rules and regulations just as we do obey stipulated rules in our places of work etc. This isn't much of a ask from God, the Creator of the Universe.

Listen to your heart again and again. Let His Spirit come into your heart to reign, dear one. Jesus loves you smiley

@Op
Serving God comes 'naturally' when we lay everything on the Altar. The will of the Master, we will obey. May God help us to be faithful, and serve Him, wholeheartedly. May He grant us Heaven at last. Amen. smiley

4 Likes

Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Sep 01, 2013
pekelepekele: [size=18pt]God is unchanging , God is enough .No matter what you are going through right now , God is there for you. I love God .

If you love God like this post and let me see how many nairalanders love GOD
[/size]

Is liking your post a proof of my love 4 God? My bro, pls wake up from all this childish plays. It's disgusting!

2 Likes

Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Sep 01, 2013
No being exists called God, no place exists called Heaven. Just some mambo jumbo theories told by slave merchants to slave traders and to slaves those days.
Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by dnawah(m): 8:02pm On Sep 01, 2013
To go to heaven,shikina.
Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by Tos87(m): 8:03pm On Sep 01, 2013
cos Ї love HIM, want Ţ☹ Be with HIM ãпԃ is my DUTY
Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by newjerusalem(m): 8:03pm On Sep 01, 2013
Yes.The uttermost aim f any athlete is 2 reach d finishing line.In summary,d requirement is LOVE.If u love God u will obey is commandment.Do we even know d meaning of Love?John d beloved had revelatns n understandin f dis.Pls u cn meditate on dissad1john 2,3,4).D prayer 4 understndin shld always be part f our cry anytym we re prayin 2 d father.Dats y d bible sd he dat departed from d way f understndin shall abide in d congregatn f d dead.Dat is,u may tnk u re doin d right tin bt is bn done in a wrong way wch will lead 2 ....For example,d issue f tithe is seriously causin controversies in d body f christ wch i expct not.Do we know d regime we re in d kingdom?Do we tnk d spirit of God wz sent 2 d earth 4 jamborie? i.e Presidnt Gdluck is in power by His grace,do u still go an consult those people in Abdusalam era? Many will go 2 hell because f tithe.I am sayin d truth.In Mathw 19 vs 16-24.I meditated on it.Do u knw what d spirit f God sd?Do we ask ?s wen meditatin?I sd father! Y did ds man miss d kingdom(because in our dys,if u succceed in observn 18-19,i tnk people f d world will say he is a righteous man)D spirit f God sd,he is a thief.I wz shocked.He sd (paraphase;if u people f d world do condemn n rejct a thief,do u tnk it is in d kingdom f God dey accept robbers!It is well wt us all IJN.I nd 2 tidy up some stuffs rght nw.Wishin d readers a fulfilin wk ahead.
Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by lisbabe(f): 8:03pm On Sep 01, 2013
I served God in flesh 4 a long tym bt I know beta now, I serve God because dere is NONE worthy 2 be serve bt Him.
Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by HezronLorraine(m): 8:03pm On Sep 01, 2013
The more heaven conscious you get the lesser your chances of making it.why not do Good now,love God and observe the ways of the the truth and salvation.Leave the rest to the day you die.

You can't stamp yourself into heaven by yourself!let your works tell.
Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by Omoteejoy: 8:06pm On Sep 01, 2013
Hmmmmmm.... May God help us and make us His beloves, for He said "I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy" sincerly it's just by His mercy and grace that someone can make it to Heaven most expecially Nigeria ha!
But i believe He will have mercy tha's why i choose to serve Him because He loves me soo much
Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by bizfirst: 8:10pm On Sep 01, 2013
man everywhere should serve God because of personal conviction...but if that personal conviction bothers on trivial things like material stuff, we all are a silly lot indeed!
Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by kpozite(m): 8:14pm On Sep 01, 2013
Heaven and hell are on earth here Pastor use people's tithes and offering to make earth heaven for himself while he promises his congregation heaven after death.

1 Like

Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by Confusionist(m): 8:14pm On Sep 01, 2013
THE JOURNALIST:

I have a problem wit ur name dude! Its amazing..........CONFUSIONIST ni?
yesman! wink
Thanks man. U are appreciated!
Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by kings2all: 8:15pm On Sep 01, 2013
[size=24pt]It's Obvious The World Is coming to an end. But When?

DO You Know
[/size]
Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by lacicrips(m): 8:21pm On Sep 01, 2013
Its the right thing to do.
Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by jonuel: 8:25pm On Sep 01, 2013
THE JOURNALIST: What if u are told dat heaven is not 4 u? U will stop serving God I guess. Here is a news flash 4 ya, blessed are the meek ones, 4 dey shall inherit d earth..........d righeous shall inherit d earth, and dey shall enjoy d exquisit delight in it..........so 4get abt heaven guyz, if u worship God 2 make heaven, 4get it because d truth of God's word and His love is not in u!

This teaching of tђε̲̣̣̣̥ beatitude †ђªt τ̣̣ђё meek shall in inherit tђε̲̣̣̣̥ earth has led many astray. If there is no heaven, where did Jesus said He was going t̶̲̥̅̊ợ̣̣̇̇̇ prepare Fø̲̣̣я̅ us?
Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by eleojo23: 8:40pm On Sep 01, 2013
MAYOWAAK: I have changed my mind. I am going to Heaven!
so God created the entire universe and all life forms in 6 days but it's taking him 2,000 years to prepare heaven. It's going to be one hell of a place!
Point of correction sir, don't use the word 'hell' to qualify heaven. Rather say 'it's going to be one heaven of a place!'
Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by frankson12000(m): 8:49pm On Sep 01, 2013
I like this topic thanks to God, because i have a reason to believe that, there are people in the house who still cares about God.
1) Is a matter of choice, you can see that in Deuteronomy 30 vs 15-19, is either you pick up your cross and follow Him mark 8,or you keep on being deceived by Satan, oh hell is the reward...
may God help us to run this race when there is still time.God bless all in the house.
Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by prettystacy(f): 8:57pm On Sep 01, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: The more heaven conscious you get the lesser your chances of making it.why not do Good now,love God and observe the ways of the the truth and salvation.Leave the rest to the day you die.

You can't stamp yourself into heaven by yourself!let your works tell.
I strongly disagree, if u r heaven conscious d probability of u making heaven is 1.
My reason:
If u r heaven conscious, u'll fight sin cos no sin-no matter hw tiny will enter heaven. All the sins we(humans) commit fall under d 10 commandments. I believe kipn to d commandments + lovin ur neighbour as urself is a sure ticket to heaven. Heaven is d ultimate! I hope n pray to mk it
Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by Oyinprince(m): 9:04pm On Sep 01, 2013
@Duality im not striving to make heaven, i learning to love him the best way he can be loved and please him always... Im focused on LOVING ND PLEASING GOD nd not d reward
Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by victorv12(m): 9:07pm On Sep 01, 2013
I don't have to bother myself about heaven while still living. The only heaven that exist in me right now is by going to one of those beaches in Sarasota. I love Siesta Beach. Lodging myself in one of cool hotel by the beach side and celebrating life with my friends with some fine girls with some big booties! I only have one life to live mehnnn. I make sure I celebrate it to the fullest! About going to heaven, I live that to the theist to explore!
Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by Kirinwa: 9:09pm On Sep 01, 2013
Oyinprince: Wen i was a babe, i struggled toserve God cos i feard hell nd wanted to make heaven. Now, i know Im a CITIZEN of heaven, i serve God because I LOVE HIM SO MUCH

With all this confidence how will you feel when told Depart!I know you not.Many shall be disappointed on the last day.

It's just the grace of God.
Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by Flamingsword029: 9:11pm On Sep 01, 2013
Wen ppl talk about d devil.we tink he&his agent r humans like we r,&wen ppl who don't believe in God talk dey do so tinking dey r acting without making d devil happy
D devil was once a cherubim who specializes in singn praises 2 God,wen he fell he did th d same power but corrupted making it less dan d previous power he had,it was also said dat he was very brilliant wen he was lucifer,but wen he fell his wisdom bcame corrupted turning it into tricks &deception, he bcame d greatest deciever of all time 2 d xtent dat he was able 2 decieve&turn one-third of angels against God th his lies.He was able 2 do dis because he knew exactly wat 2 say 2 dem dat if dey were not careful dey wuld fall&dey did.
All of dem including lucifer(now satan) fell 2 d earth fully aware of der terrible doom wen dis world finishes(& trust me d devil&his angels r scared of wat d lake of fire holds).And none of dem wants 2 go 2 dat place alone, so dey built a well structured system similar 2 d one in heaven th ranks and departments.
To cut d story short,i wuld like 2 tell dos speaking against God,christ,heaven and so forth,dat as u r doing dis,d devil or one of his agents is somewhere right beside laughing at u while u r busy laughing at dos dat believe.
If d devil culd convince&fool angels who r greater in power,might,wisdom 2 fall &be damned th him,wat do u tink he is doing th u.
because Adam&Eve was not careful 2 understand dat human wisdom is no march 4 dis being dey fell 4 his tricks.
why is ur heart hardened,don't u know dat d devil knows exactly wat 2 say 2 u dat wuld make u wat u r 2day,&he knows wat 2 kip doing 2 kip u in dat position until d doom set aside 4 ppl like u come.He knows wat 2 say,&d tots 2 bring,2 make u tink der is no God,while he himself knows and tremble at dat fact.
I ask u again,y is ur heart hardened, God said in his word dat he left ppl like u 2 a reprobate mind-u remain confident of ur believes,u tink nobody can convince u,but wat u don't know is dat God has left some of u 2 ur destructive tots because u choose neutrality,fool do u tink der is an in-btw,no!!! it is either th God or th d devil,d neutrality u tink u hold on to is a subdivision under a department in d kingdom of darkness th certain fallen angels assinged 2 make sure dat u r reserved until destruction,an almost perfect lie coined by d devil 2 destroy not only himself but u too.if u doubt wat am saying wait until u r destroyed 2 confirm.
IF U AV QUESTION SPEAK UP,&I WULD XPLAIN 2 U.
Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Sep 01, 2013
I'm so not interested in heaven, everyone wants to make heaven but will be so disappointed in the end because you all or at least the vast majority of you will inherit the new earth.

Ignorance in Christianity is just too much, this is the reason there are so many churches but evil keeps prevailing mightily.

I do not want to govern or judge over others with Jesus but i'll rather be governed on the new earth while I lead a normal life with 0% health issues.

No, I do not serve God to make heaven I am serving Him because humans are wired to worship a greater being-that greater being could be supernatural, natural, human, money, animals. I chose to worship the supernatural that defiles logic-no beginning or end, the one who suspended the skies without pillars, the one who created the delicate balance of the infinite universe that floats in the air, the one who can not lie: if He says yellow is black, the yellow turns into black, if He says water is wine it turns into wine, the one who defiles science and modern understanding, the one who has the only offspring to have died and risen again to live for eternity, the one who has my hair numbered, the one who calls things that are not into existence. The one who loves me despite my flaws, the one whose love for us is beyond comprehension.

If there is a cooler being to worship, I will ditch God unfortunately, such awesomeness exist nowhere else in the galaxy or beyond.
Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by rulegirl(f): 9:13pm On Sep 01, 2013
i serve God cos he's my companion anytime anyday en 2 make heaven
Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by sucezTP(f): 9:13pm On Sep 01, 2013
My impressions about this thread changed, immediately I started reading the comments. Now, I know I'm serving God because I love him!
Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Sep 01, 2013
THE JOURNALIST: What if u are told dat heaven is not 4 u? U will stop serving God I guess. Here is a news flash 4 ya, blessed are the meek ones, 4 dey shall inherit d earth..........d righeous shall inherit d earth, and dey shall enjoy d exquisit delight in it..........so 4get abt heaven guyz, if u worship God 2 make heaven, 4get it because d truth of God's word and His love is not in u!

You seems to be the only sensible individual on this tread, simply because you quoted bible, I doubt if any of this people who cal theirself christians knows what the bible teaches about those who will go to heaven and those who will enjoy everlasting life on earth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Youtube Spiritual Teaching--herbs & Mystics (solutions To Life Issues) / Quote Your Favourite Scriptural Verse Here / Lets Talk About Wedding/engagement Rings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.