Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,214 members, 7,953,788 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:18 AM

Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage (3836 Views)

Married Folks: Is Oral Se.x Neccessary In A Marriage To Build Trust And Love? / Definition Of Marriage To You? / What If A Girl Proposes Marriage To You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage by ademotors166: 5:28pm On Sep 01, 2013
Re: Marriage by mazizitonene(m): 5:33pm On Sep 01, 2013
Oboy u don confuse me join sef ....
Re: Marriage by ademotors166: 5:37pm On Sep 01, 2013
[
Re: Marriage by Nobody: 5:39pm On Sep 01, 2013
mazizi tonene: Oboy u don confuse me join sef ....
;

grin > grin

@ op, I have a female frnd who got married @ 34, her first yr of marriage she became pregnant and gave birth to a girl....the second yr, another pregnancy again , a baby boy...so yours statistics on women in 30s is incorrect...May God help u, on yur search.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage by Nobody: 5:40pm On Sep 01, 2013
Are you getting married because of kids or you are getting married because you found your life partner?

Nothing wrong with both, but if you have the latter, there is no obstacle you can't scale through.

All the best

1 Like

Re: Marriage by Nobody: 5:42pm On Sep 01, 2013
ademotors166:
Bro, I am torn between following my heart or following my head and listening to people who suggests that I should look for a younger woman, who even if she has the issue of delayed pregnancy but still has more years ahead of her. I don't know.

The worst mistake u can do, Is listen and take to some pple advise...follow yur heart and yur head...not everybody own is the same....I also av 25 yr old frnd married but aving miscarriages...,she's even thinking of quitting her marriage.

1 Like

Re: Marriage by ademotors166: 5:46pm On Sep 01, 2013
Chillisauce: Are you getting married because of kids or you are getting married because you found your life partner?

Nothing wrong with both, but if you have the latter, there is no obstacle you can't scale through.

All the best
The Children is important. And this is Africa.
Yes, we can scale all obstacles since we love each other..... but children is important for me, and it has to come from my wife.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage by Nobody: 5:50pm On Sep 01, 2013
ademotors166:
The Children is important as I am an only son. And this is Africa.
Yes, we can scale all obstacles since we love each other..... but children is important for me, and it has to come from my wife.

So what will you have her do, if you are the one shooting blank?

4 Likes

Re: Marriage by ademotors166: 5:51pm On Sep 01, 2013
I
Re: Marriage by ademotors166: 5:54pm On Sep 01, 2013
[
Re: Marriage by Nobody: 5:57pm On Sep 01, 2013
ademotors166:
I won't burden her with my own problems, but I don't believe I will be shooting blanks. Moreover I have started watching what I eat and also making researches about foods that build spe,rm counts.

Then let her join you in tour regime, together you will find a solution. More importantly be open to her and let her know what you want. Pray. You don't also shoot blank and make her giving you baby from another father.

Very delicate issue I tell you.

If you are not comfortable, you can go along with younger girls but know that...it doesn't guarantee freedom from barrenness

1 Like

Re: Marriage by ademotors166: 6:00pm On Sep 01, 2013
[
Re: Marriage by Nobody: 6:19pm On Sep 01, 2013
All the TTC friends I know are in their 20s,age won't guarantee you anything.My mum is in her 40s but still as fertile as grace land grin,choose wisely.Fertility is different for each woman.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage by ademotors166: 6:24pm On Sep 01, 2013
byvan: All the TTC friends I know are in their 20s,age won't guarantee you anything.My mum is in her 40s but still as fertile as grace land grin,choose wisely.Fertility is different for each woman.
Thank You. I pray the Lord to guide me.
Re: Marriage by Nobody: 7:08pm On Sep 01, 2013
Amelian: ;

grin > grin

@ op, I have a female frnd who got married @ 34, her first yr of marriage she became pregnant and gave birth to a girl....the second yr, another pregnancy again , a baby boy...so yours statistics on women in 30s is incorrect...May God help u, on yur search.

byvan: All the TTC friends I know are in their 20s,age won't guarantee you anything.My mum is in her 40s but still as fertile as grace land grin,choose wisely.Fertility is different for each woman.

Exactly! There are lots of 30 yr olds getting pregnant around me, including multiple in my family alone. OP, as long as she shares your passion for kids and doesn't have any known infertility, you should go ahead. I don't think you should consider her age as the main stumbling block here, you could just as easily have ended up with an infertile 20yr old as with a 30yr old one.

3 Likes

Re: Marriage by ademotors166: 7:11pm On Sep 01, 2013
YPP,
I didn't read what you posted before it being hidden. But I just went through your post history and found that your last post was the only hidden on in the page 1 of your posting history.
It must have been hurtful for the Mods to hide it.
Re: Marriage by ademotors166: 7:14pm On Sep 01, 2013
ileobatojo:

Exactly! There are lots of 30 yr olds getting pregnant around me, including multiple in my family alone. OP, as long as she shares your passion for kids and doesn't have any known infertility, you should go ahead. I don't think you should consider her age as the main stumbling block here, you could just as easily as ended up with an infertile 20yr old as with a 30yr old one.
Thanks. I am seriously considering her, and also asking God to help make one of the most important decisions of my life.
Re: Marriage by dahmie2013: 7:28pm On Sep 01, 2013
@OP, ur opinion is a fallacy. My cuzin whose over 40 just got married last year & had her first child this yr.
Re: Marriage by ademotors166: 7:37pm On Sep 01, 2013
dahmie2013: @OP, ur opinion is a fallacy. My cuzin whose over 40 just got married last year & had her first child this yr.
Not my opinion, but my fear.
Re: Marriage by Nobody: 7:39pm On Sep 01, 2013
OP, I forgot...seems you are older than her, the longer you wait, the more difficult it gets. Your have made your choice of wanting plenty kids, so start shooting cheesy
No time to waste here.
Re: Marriage by dahmie2013: 7:54pm On Sep 01, 2013
ademotors166:
Not my opinion, but my fear.
​​​​OººK♓ªªªY OP, ur fear!
Re: Marriage by Nobody: 8:29pm On Sep 01, 2013

3 Likes

Re: Marriage by Nobody: 8:45pm On Sep 01, 2013
[quote][/quote]
Re: Marriage by ireneidiva(f): 8:47pm On Sep 01, 2013
Don't get married. Just get a baby mama. You seem more interested in getting a baby factory than a woman to love and cherish. No woman deserves to be pressurised in this age and time into that sh1t.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage by Nobody: 8:49pm On Sep 01, 2013

Thank you.

I had my last 2 children just about @30 & up... I TTC ed for a while after the first child ( can you imagine, I was already a mom oh) ... So it all depends on the individual OP ... I understand your fear tho.. but life's a risk itself jare.

Let her see OBGYN ( check her tubes and all that stuff.. seem to be the common cause of most delayed conception in women) ... Also take good care of yourselves and make healthy choices like @cc explained and most of all it's God oh... he gives.

In @ words.. may God help you.

Good luck. smiley
Re: Marriage by damiso(f): 8:57pm On Sep 01, 2013
chaircover: I appreciate your fears, but ones life cant be ruled by fear or one wont ever enjoy life. I know of women in their 20's who are TCC and there are women like my mother who had a baby in her mid forties. Everyone is different and everyones destiny is different.

if you really love this woman, then I dont see the problem. She must really love you too, cos its not easy getting married to an only boy cos there are a lot of challenges that come with that too.

having a child exactly 9 months after getting married, is not the end of it all. Infact its just the beginning. It is the grace of God that will help you and not by your strength or wisdom. It is God that will care for those kids and keep them safe. it is God that will give them health. It is God that will give them intellect. It is God that will make them responsible kids that you will be proud of in years to come.

Of course the healthy eating, exercise and taking pre conceive supplements is good for both of you

people mean well, but you have to be able to make some decisions yourself as its your life. I wish you all the best

So true,everyone is different and sometimes what we stress over is just handed to us on a plate.I know someone who got married at 38 and has 4 kids,another at 37 and had 3 kids in 5 years meanwhile a friend of mine got married at 25 and has been TTC for 8 years so CC has said if you truly see this woman as someone you can build your life with(having kids is definitely not the only ingredient for a happy fulfilled marital life) then go for it.
Re: Marriage by Nobody: 9:12pm On Sep 01, 2013
ademotors166: I am considering getting hitched to a lady who is in her thirties, but my fear is the chances of her getting pregnant in the not too distant future.
I know some ladies may raise their eyebrows, about my emphasy on getting pregnant. For reasons I may not state now, it is important that we have children (I am not particular about male or female), also this lady has the qualities that I need in a woman. I am just afraid of losing her or hitching with her now and issues delayed pregnancy sets in.
Am just confused, because once I am married, it is for life. Divorce or getting a lady pregnant outside is not something I will consider.

I amuncomfortable about your state of mind concerning this lady,you have already judged that she may have fertility issues based on?? You sound fearful about her age. You are alread considering people who are telling you a younger woman is better because at her age children may be an issue how come you are easily discussing your woman's issue with other people. So if there is any delay she will get hanged.

Your fear is too loud let it not be a case of the thing I fear most.......

3 Likes

Re: Marriage by ademotors166: 9:19pm On Sep 01, 2013
[
Re: Marriage by ademotors166: 9:22pm On Sep 01, 2013
[
Re: Marriage by ademotors166: 9:23pm On Sep 01, 2013
chaircover:

I wish you all the best

Thank you ma.
Re: Marriage by Nobody: 9:33pm On Sep 01, 2013
My Brother, My first Marriage was in my early 20s, logic should mean that I would have been popping out kids but it didn't happen.
In my 30s I started producing like a rabbit, practically touch and carry belle.

Just make sure you both get tested if you are unsure.

Best wishes

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

AMAZING! Here Are List Of The Best Places To Live In Lagos / Life In Face Me I Face You / Nagging And Non Caring Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.