Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,550 members, 7,816,334 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

Nagging And Non Caring Wife - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nagging And Non Caring Wife (3783 Views)

Nagging Wife Vs Cheating Wife: which Do You Think Is Worse? / Nagging Wife — When Nagging Gets Out Of Control / How Can I Stop Nagging And Thinking His Cheating?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nagging And Non Caring Wife by hohafrank(m): 3:52pm On Aug 12, 2013
I am 'fortunate' to marry a nagging wife.We never agree on any issue.Any issue relating to my extended family does not concern her.She always wants to involve me in her own extended family-cousins,grandfather and grandmother affairs.Initially I was involving in all her affairs naturally.When I realized that my family affairs does not interest her,I decided to put a stop to participating in her family affairs financially.We are 8 years in marriage.She nag alots and does anything to run me down financially.I open a beautique shop for her when I LOST my job with the hope that the proceeds will be used to take care of domestic expenses.She hyjacked the business.She never spent a dial for her children upkeep let alone making a contribution for the children school fees.She spent money on her people.She does not play any specific role in the running of the home.I evatually buy everything up to salt and DPK.Iam considering divorcing her.NL please advise.

1 Like

Re: Nagging And Non Caring Wife by Nobody: 4:06pm On Aug 12, 2013
Na wah for this divorce sha . . . undecided
Re: Nagging And Non Caring Wife by coogar: 4:14pm On Aug 12, 2013
you were "fortunate" to marry an inconsiderate & self-centred woman. however, there's good news for you - she can be tamed. divorce is not going to make anything right and you run thr risk of doing the menfolk a lot of damage if you send her packing - another "fortunate" man would likely pick her up again and it completes a vicious cycle.

sit her down and talk to her.....

1 Like

Re: Nagging And Non Caring Wife by biolabee(m): 4:20pm On Aug 12, 2013
if i get you rightly

your wife prefers to spend her money from a shop you provided seed capital on her relatives rather than her own children?

in that case..even divorce will not solve your problems except u want to take the kids and that will now be dependent on the level of care u can provide or their ages

those kids need you

be careful before u leap
Re: Nagging And Non Caring Wife by bellong: 5:12pm On Aug 12, 2013
Divorce is not the solution sir. Nobody is irredeemable, it only requires conscious and consistent effort in correcting someone. If you divorce her, how sure are you that you wouldn't end up marrying the same calibre (if not worse) of woman since you failed to figure out that aspect of her during courtship.

If you are sure she is spending all her money on her relatives, why not talk to a respected member of the relative to speak sense to her in making her responsible to her children and some other pertinent issues that deserve her attention.

The above can only be done after exhausting communication option with your wife. Sit her down, make her see where she is deficient and how she can balance between helping her family and taking care of her home front. Most times, the reason why the other party seems not to cooperate is because we normally fail in presenting points in a convincing and appropriate way to the other party. You know and understand your wife, find a way of getting her involve in the discussion and buying into your idea. Sell your conviction to her and do not push it down her throat.
Re: Nagging And Non Caring Wife by dayokanu(m): 6:02pm On Aug 12, 2013
Women dont respond well to phrases like " Lost my Job" or I'm broke.

It brings allergies to them

regardless of what you have done in the past.

Im sure If Dangote becomes broke tomorrow one of his wives would call him a lazy man

4 Likes

Re: Nagging And Non Caring Wife by TV01(m): 6:22pm On Aug 12, 2013
bellong: Divorce is not the solution sir. Nobody is irredeemable, it only requires conscious and consistent effort in correcting someone. If you divorce her, how sure are you that you wouldn't end up marrying the same calibre (if not worse) of woman since you failed to figure out that aspect of her during courtship.

If you are sure she is spending all her money on her relatives, why not talk to a respected member of the relative to speak sense to her in making her responsible to her children and some other pertinent issues that deserve her attention.

The above can only be done after exhausting communication option with your wife. Sit her down, make her see where she is deficient and how she can balance between helping her family and taking care of her home front. Most times, the reason why the other party seems not to cooperate is because we normally fail in presenting points in a convincing and appropriate way to the other party. You know and understand your wife, find a way of getting her involve in the discussion and buying into your idea. Sell your conviction to her and do not push it down her throat.

Decent enough advice Bellong, but this doesn't appear to be a question of the wife misunderstanding or failing to appreciate things. As you alluded to in your opening paragraph, it seems to be more character (calibre) related.

They've been married for 8 whole years. A woman born yesterday, married today and with child on the 3rd day would instinctively know her responsibilities towards her children.

Willful neglect of children and a callous disregard for her spouse? I'm not sure a quick sit-down will resolve this one. Doubly hard if as you pointed out he failed to spot this prior, what other deficiencies does he himself have.

Were he is seeing "nagging wife", she may be seeing "weak, unauthoritative" husband! This is about the both of them. It's why I cannot stress the foundations enough.

To make this work, OP will have to make some real changes and set expectations of same from Mrs OP. So communicating not just what he expects from her, but how they could both be better and enhance their family. And yes a third party may have to be involved. Counselling perhaps?

This is a high stakes one if they both can't or will not step up to meet this challenge.

TV
Re: Nagging And Non Caring Wife by taryour(f): 6:28pm On Aug 12, 2013
Oga o. Some women can be so silly and heartless. Those family she is spending on,when issues arise you see them removing themselves one after the other. Op hope you have gotten another job? If yes please find a means of getting her out of that shop,lock it up and let her have access to getting in there,what rubbish If the means of getting money to spend is being cut she will regain her senses. Or simply covert the shop to another avenue of raising money for yourself and your kids.

A woman that doesn't take her hubby and kids as her number one priority is not a wife. Shebi na the boutique and the money from it that's making her feel like a champion. Cut her wings and let's see her fly.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nagging And Non Caring Wife by jumzzy448: 6:34pm On Aug 12, 2013
dayokanu: Women dont respond well to phrases like " Lost my Job" or I'm broke.

Im sure If Dangote becomes broke tomorrow one of his wives would call him a lazy man
Hmmmmmm..........true talk.
But what ℓ̊ don't understand is, does he have to talk to the wife before she knows what is expected of her in this type of situation. Na wa for some women sha.
Op, if ℓ̊ were you, ℓ̊ won't even discuss anything with her. ℓ̊ 'll leave her to continue with her rubbish cos ℓ̊ believe that one day God will surely make a way.
Re: Nagging And Non Caring Wife by bellong: 6:47pm On Aug 12, 2013
TV01:
To make this work, OP will have to make some real changes and set expectations of same from Mrs OP. So communicating not just what he expects from her, but how they could both be better and enhance their family. And yes a third party may have to be involved. Counselling perhaps?

This is a high stakes one if they both can't or will not step up to meet this challenge.

TV

The bolded is the sole essence of communication in this situation. As he expresses his grievances, the wife does the same and they find a balance/compromise in resolving the issues to move forward.
Re: Nagging And Non Caring Wife by Princesszoe: 8:09pm On Aug 12, 2013
OP, if you are telling me that she nags , i will believe you. If you tell me that she disrepects you, i will agree. If you tell me that she does not value you or have feelings for you again, i will definitely believe you but for you to say that she does not feed her children or take care of them as a mother would do even in the midst of your predicament, i will not believe that. A bad mother is far more better than a bad father and this is a proverb(wise saying). I disagree that a rich woman whose husband does not work nor do business will not take care of her own children. Unless i see or hear that from her presentation. I know very well that when husband and wife are quarreling, they will be exaggrating their points or even lying against each other to draw supports for themselves. Except if your wife comes here to paste the same story, only then, will i believe this. But if its actually true that you don't have a job or even a business but she has boutique and still refuses to even take care of her own children that she carried for nine months, then is not normal. Spiritual powers may be at work here. Something is completely wrong somewhere. OP you are to engage God to assist you. Please this is not normal. And you are the target here so if you divorce her and move over to another woman, you may be signing your death warrant or sponsouring your own failure and heaven too maybe against you because divorce is only approved on the ground of infidelity which you can still forgive. I bet you is not going to be funny for you at all. This woman may be your heaven appointed wife and devil wants to use some people to push you into wrong decision which you will regret later on. You should seek solution to rekindle the fire of "life" in your marriage and not seek divorce. Involve God and let Him take over for the bible says "i will fight your battle and you will hold your peace". When God takes control of this issue, your lost glory, lost peace in your marriage, job and your finances, must be recovered and restored, just involve God. Don't try it, just do it. Get God involved now.
Re: Nagging And Non Caring Wife by Nobody: 1:34am On Aug 13, 2013
Where do these types of women come from?

Anyway, this is what happens when greed meets selfishness meets robotic following of tradition.

1 Like

Re: Nagging And Non Caring Wife by Nobody: 7:04am On Aug 13, 2013
Mr TV01,I hail u.
U gave an unbiased view. An action I guess begets an equal reaction.

Poster,we hv seen all that ur wife can do,what about all u hv been doing?
A woman that cares for her pple to me won't "look away" when her children r hungry.
Such wives exist anyway but......
In marriage,especially early marriage and courtship,sorry to say this but most men r so carried away by whatever that they cease to c and hear from within. A problem I bet that must hv started b4 marriage and early marriage and poster nurtured and watered it to grow,now he is cryin awolf. Had it been he handled it then,no need for this.
When u lost ur job,and u know ur kind of wifey,why open a shop for her and expect her to take care of the family from d proceed? An oversight,I guess.
Poster,what stopd u from using d money to establish somethin for ur self? Even very good wifey can turn bad when hubby is no longer capable. Another oversight.
There r lots of things to extract from ur write up and lots of kweshions to ask.
Have u bolted?

Let me ask u,is divorce amala and ewedu soup?
Re: Nagging And Non Caring Wife by Nobody: 7:25am On Aug 13, 2013
Re: Nagging And Non Caring Wife by Nobody: 8:13am On Aug 13, 2013
There's more to this story. undecided
Re: Nagging And Non Caring Wife by Nobody: 8:26am On Aug 13, 2013
yellowpawpaw: Mr TV01,I hail u.
U gave an unbiased view. An action I guess begets an equal reaction.

Poster,we hv seen all that ur wife can do,what about all u hv been doing?
A woman that cares for her pple to me won't "look away" when her children r hungry.
Such wives exist anyway but......
In marriage,especially early marriage and courtship,sorry to say this but most men r so carried away by whatever that they cease to c and hear from within. A problem I bet that must hv started b4 marriage and early marriage and poster nurtured and watered it to grow,now he is cryin awolf. Had it been he handled it then,no need for this.
When u lost ur job,and u know ur kind of wifey,why open a shop for her and expect her to take care of the family from d proceed? An oversight,I guess.
Poster,what stopd u from using d money to establish somethin for ur self? Even very good wifey can turn bad when hubby is no longer capable. Another oversight.
There r lots of things to extract from ur write up and lots of kweshions to ask.
Have u bolted?

Let me ask u,is divorce amala and ewedu soup?

I agree that this story is a bit vague and there are many gaps but the part of her not contributing anything to her children's upkeep is the one that completely baffles me and sets me against the wife. I would have thought it wasn't true too but as I read this thread I remembered the poster recently who started a thread about his resentment for his mother as they never saw a dime of her's drop from her pocket, intact, she would take some out of the pocket money their dad assigned to them. So apparently, such women really exist. shocked shocked
Re: Nagging And Non Caring Wife by Nobody: 8:43am On Aug 13, 2013
ileobatojo:

I agree that this story is a bit vague and there are many gaps but the part of her not contributing anything to her children's upkeep is the one that completely baffles me and sets me against the wife. I would have thought it wasn't true too but as I read this thread I remembered the poster recently who started a thread about his resentment for his mother as they never saw a dime of her's drop from her pocket, intact, she would take some out of the pocket money their dad assigned to them. So apparently, such women really exist. shocked shocked

Not contributing towards her children's welfare doesn't necessarily make her a bad mum. As far as the kids don't lack anything, she might not see the need to contribute.

Remember that many women were raised to believe that financial needs of the kids are the sole responsibilities of a man, after all they are 'his children'. Where I come from, a man owns the children 100 and if the marriage goes south, the man takes them, no contest!

So women tend to believe that the man should take care of them financially, 100%.

The truth is that we've only heard this posters side of the story. I don't think it's possible for a woman to spend her money on her relatives while her own kids starve . .

Even though my mum was a working woman, she never spent money on us. Everything was sponsored by dad . . . feeding, school fees, pocket money, clothing e.t.c. When you are broke, you don't call her, you call dad. And she was the best Mum anyone could have asked for.

That being said, I don't subscribe to that mentality. A man shouldn't have to shoulder all the financial responsibilities while madam is left with extra cash to throw around! It's just wrong . . .
Re: Nagging And Non Caring Wife by Nobody: 8:50am On Aug 13, 2013
[quote author=Ujujoan]

Not contributing towards her children's welfare doesn't necessarily make her a bad mum. As far as the kids don't lack anything, she might not see the need to contribute.

Remember that many women were raised to believe that financial needs of the kids are the sole responsibilities of a man, after all they are 'his children'. Where I come from, a man owns the children 100 and if the marriage goes south, the man takes them, no contest!

So women tend to believe that the man should take care of them [b]financially
, 100%.[/b]

The truth is that we've only heard this posters side of the story. I don't think it's possible for a woman to spend her money on her relatives while her own kids starve . .

Even though my mum was a working woman, she never spent money on us. Everything was sponsored by dad . . . school fees, pocket money, clothing e.t.c. When you are broke, you don't call her, you call dad. And she was the best Mum anyone could have asked for.

That being said, I don't subscribe to that mentality. A man shouldn't have to shoulder all the financial responsibilities while madam is left with extra cash to throw around! It's just wrong . . .

Yeah, I figured that may be the woman's upbringing/mentality so that's why she focuses on her own family but leaves the children to her husband. She simply doesn't see it as her responsibility in any way, shape or form. But the problem here as opposed to your experience is that the man lost his job and she still refuses to help. (though I wonder how the man is able to pay the bills without a job)
Re: Nagging And Non Caring Wife by Nobody: 8:54am On Aug 13, 2013
ileobatojo: Yeah, I figured that may be the woman's upbringing/mentality so that's why she focuses on her own family but leaves the children to her husband. She simply doesn't see it as her responsibility in any way, shape or form. But the problem here as opposed to your experience is that the man lost his job and she still refuses to help. (though I wonder how the man is able to pay the bills without a job)

Makes you wonder doesn't it

Without a job he can still provide financially, even open a boutique for the wife - meaning he could have some investments bringing in return and providing a steady income outside his job. undecided

Like I said earlier, maybe the woman doesn't see the need to contribute. I'm sure if she saw her kids starving, she won't remember her relatives anymore.
Re: Nagging And Non Caring Wife by Nobody: 8:56am On Aug 13, 2013
dayokanu: Women dont respond well to phrases like " Lost my Job" or I'm broke.

It's wrong for you to generalize . . believe me, most women will be willing to sacrifice anything for the man they love.

But if a jobless man is sitting at home all day watching AFmag, instead of going out to hustle, how can we not call him lazy undecided
Re: Nagging And Non Caring Wife by Nobody: 11:17am On Aug 13, 2013
Poster where r thou? Come and read tru,then clarify some issues here else d table will eventually turn around u. Unless u r not telling us d truth or its one of those stories we always c here.

(How I wish I will be idle for like two months doin nothin except eating and watching tv)
Re: Nagging And Non Caring Wife by Kanwulia: 2:55am On Aug 14, 2013
So, how does a divorce solve your problem? You will still get to do IT ALL minus the nagging. . . . !
Once you get divorced, you compound your problems with the unfortunate children who have to be left with an IRRESPONSIBLE, CANTANKEROUS mother. . . WHO IS PROLLY DEMENTED WITH FRUSTRATION!

YOU ARE ONLY GONNA TRADE SIMPLE PROBLEMS FOR MORE COMPLEX ONES! BECAUSE THERE ARE CHILDREN INVOLVED!!!!kiss

You are stuck. . .!
Instead of thinking about yourself. . .start thinking about your child/children FIRST!
The welfare and happiness of THE CHILD OR CHILDREN WHO DID NOT ASK TO BE BORN INTO THIS WORLD BY EITHER OF YOU SHOULD COME FIRST!

Period! kiss

1 Like

Re: Nagging And Non Caring Wife by Nobody: 8:55am On Aug 14, 2013
Kanwulia: So, how does a divorce solve your problem? You will still get to do IT ALL minus the nagging. . . .!
Once you get divorced, you compound your problems with the unfortunate children who have to be left with an IRRESPONSIBLE, CANTANKEROUS mother. . . WHO IS PROLLY DEMENTED WITH FRUSTRATION!

YOU ARE ONLY GONNA TRADE SIMPLE PROBLEMS FOR MORE COMPLEX ONES! BECAUSE THERE ARE CHILDREN INVOLVED!!!!kiss

You are stuck. . .!
Instead of thinking about yourself. . .start thinking about your child/children FIRST!
The welfare and happiness of THE CHILD OR CHILDREN WHO DID NOT ASK TO BE BORN INTO THIS WORLD BY EITHER OF YOU SHOULD COME FIRST!

Period! kiss
Calloti the kanwulia!!
Yrs of xperience hv spoken!
I hail u!
Re: Nagging And Non Caring Wife by modupsie(f): 9:18am On Aug 14, 2013
Princess zoe: OP, if you are telling me that she nags , i will believe you. If you tell me that she disrepects you, i will agree. If you tell me that she does not value you or have feelings for you again, i will definitely believe you but for you to say that she does not feed her children or take care of them as a mother would do even in the midst of your predicament, i will not believe that. A bad mother is far more better than a bad father and this is a proverb(wise saying). I disagree that a rich woman whose husband does not work nor do business will not take care of her own children. Unless i see or hear that from her presentation. I know very well that when husband and wife are quarreling, they will be exaggrating their points or even lying against each other to draw supports for themselves. Except if your wife comes here to paste the same story, only then, will i believe this. But if its actually true that you don't have a job or even a business but she has boutique and still refuses to even take care of her own children that she carried for nine months, then is not normal. Spiritual powers may be at work here. Something is completely wrong somewhere. OP you are to engage God to assist you. Please this is not normal. And you are the target here so if you divorce her and move over to another woman, you may be signing your death warrant or sponsouring your own failure and heaven too maybe against you because divorce is only approved on the ground of infidelity which you can still forgive. I bet you is not going to be funny for you at all. This woman may be your heaven appointed wife and devil wants to use some people to push you into wrong decision which you will regret later on. You should seek solution to rekindle the fire of "life" in your marriage and not seek divorce. Involve God and let Him take over for the bible says "i will fight your battle and you will hold your peace". When God takes control of this issue, your lost glory, lost peace in your marriage, job and your finances, must be recovered and restored, just involve God. Don't try it, just do it. Get God involved now.
they are lots of women like this out there. i beg to differ from ur opinion that its a spiritual thing. when a woman is self centered its a character or attitude that can hardly be changed. my mum is one of such, while growing up my dad pays for everything up to salt and water. our school fees, bags and even socks.My dad was just a school principal while my mum had a good business but whenever we go to my mum for anything, her reply wud be "is ur father dead"? and so we av to go back to him for everything. we are grown now and doing very well but each time i give anything to my mum cos unfortunately my sweet dad is late i always tell her you did not deserve this gesture, the man that paid for all deserves much more. so its just for the op to pray and may be talk to her cos my dad did all these but it did not work. he died a sad man and always advise us to be careful in making marital decisions
Re: Nagging And Non Caring Wife by modupsie(f): 9:31am On Aug 14, 2013
Ujujoan:

So women tend to believe that the man should take care of them financially, 100%.

Even though my mum was a working woman, she never spent money on us. Everything was sponsored by dad . . . feeding, school fees, pocket money, clothing e.t.c. When you are broke, you don't call her, you call dad. And she was the best Mum anyone could have asked for.

if ur dad was a rich man, then its no problem
but in this case, this man needs help!
and the children no matter how young they are understands all thats going on.. she wud pay for it later in life when her relatives wud even accuse her of doing nothing for them.
my childen are my life, they are my future. i dont care how much their father makes , i love them so much that i wud sacrifice my all for them to smile not because i want to be paid back in future but becuase i love them selflessly.
Re: Nagging And Non Caring Wife by Princesszoe: 9:56am On Aug 14, 2013
modupsie: they are lots of women like this out there. i beg to differ from ur opinion that its a spiritual thing. when a woman is self centered its a character or attitude that can hardly be changed. my mum is one of such, while growing up my dad pays for everything up to salt and water. our school fees, bags and even socks.My dad was just a school principal while my mum had a good business but whenever we go to my mum for anything, her reply wud be "is ur father dead"? and so we av to go back to him for everything. we are grown now and doing very well but each time i give anything to my mum cos unfortunately my sweet dad is late i always tell her you did not deserve this gesture, the man that paid for all deserves much more. so its just for the op to pray and may be talk to her cos my dad did all these but it did not work. he died a sad man and always advise us to be careful in making marital decisions
Oh my dear sister am so sorry for what has happened to you. This case is very different from yours. The op has neither a teaching job nor a business,so where exactly is he suppose to get money for the children's upkeep and not even the general upkeep. My initial post is still my main point from deep down my heart. The op needs God's intervention and not divorce. He needs to work things out because he will come out victoriously. Am so sorry for your dad's issue. I would have said some other things relating to your dad's issue but it might exhume your past. sincerely am so sorry. Remain blessed.
Re: Nagging And Non Caring Wife by TV01(m): 11:20am On Aug 14, 2013
bellong:

The bolded is the sole essence of communication in this situation. As he expresses his grievances, the wife does the same and they find a balance/compromise in resolving the issues to move forward.

Clearly there are more fundamental issues which require resolution in this case. At the point of inception there were what I describe as "not ready/not right" issues that were not resolved. This has led to some dysfunction becoming entrenched in their home.

Even if as OP claims, it is purely one-sided, the root issues need to be addressed first. To expatiate, if for example the issue was alcoholism, a discussion around "you need to cut down/quit drinking" would not really help. The root causes need to be addressed and the alcoholic must not be in denial about the addiction.

There is live conflict here, so they are effectively in a combat situation. It doesn't appear that either of them have the character/skills to resolve it - having festered for 8 odd years - and only one some semblance of willingness. I "some semblance", because OP' desire is to "straighten out his wife", I'm not sure he gets his own failings. Hence my suggestion of a mediator. But both parties have to be willing.

This is not a question of a committed and mature couple with a simple misunderstanding easily resolved by a heart to heart.

TV
Re: Nagging And Non Caring Wife by TV01(m): 11:30am On Aug 14, 2013
taryour: Oga o. Some women can be so silly and heartless. Those family she is spending on,when issues arise you see them removing themselves one after the other. Op hope you have gotten another job? If yes please find a means of getting her out of that shop,lock it up and let her have access to getting in there,what rubbish If the means of getting money to spend is being cut she will regain her senses. Or simply covert the shop to another avenue of raising money for yourself and your kids.

A woman that doesn't take her hubby and kids as her number one priority is not a wife. Shebi na the boutique and the money from it that's making her feel like a champion. Cut her wings and let's see her fly.

...following on from my post above, I see the point here, but I don't agree. Like I mentioned, they are essentially in a combat situation (conflict) and that type of action would be seen as aggressive.

What typically happens is one party "escalates", the other retaliates and so on until we have all out war. This usually has only one outcome, as well as being costly for all involved.

He needs to sue for peace, but in a way that does not prove escalatory and at the same time deals with the more fundamental issues. Attempting to "deal" with his wife will almost certainly backfire as she in turn moves to show him who is doing the dealing. From what it sounds, she is in a position of strength and has a family who will willingly ride shotgun for her. Lets not give OP cause for part II here.

TV
Re: Nagging And Non Caring Wife by Nobody: 12:38pm On Aug 14, 2013
modupsie: they are lots of women like this out there. i beg to differ from ur opinion that its a spiritual thing. when a woman is self centered its a character or attitude that can hardly be changed. my mum is one of such, while growing up my dad pays for everything up to salt and water. our school fees, bags and even socks.My dad was just a school principal while my mum had a good business but whenever we go to my mum for anything, her reply wud be "is ur father dead"? and so we av to go back to him for everything. we are grown now and doing very well but each time i give anything to my mum cos unfortunately my sweet dad is late i always tell her you did not deserve this gesture, the man that paid for all deserves much more. so its just for the op to pray and may be talk to her cos my dad did all these but it did not work. he died a sad man and always advise us to be careful in making marital decisions

shocked shocked shocked so so cold . . .

Then I guess that's where we are different . .

I don't quantify my mum's love with material things! I don't hold a grudge against the woman who bore and nurtured me the best way she can, just because she didn't buy me shoes.

When dad had to work late nights, who was there for me? When I was scared and lonely, who was there for me? Those sickly nights nko, who was there to hold me through the night fevers? These are things that no amount of money can buy!

My dad is late as well and every dime I spend on my mum, I spend it gladly because I know that if he had been alive he would have done much more for her. You see not only did he provide for us, his children, he provided for her as well . . . Even though she was working, Dad provided for her every need the best way he could. OF course she had to go without a lot of things because our upkeep came first. As an 'ori aku' cool , she had to let go of so many luxuries because of us and she did that gladly. That was her own way of making sacrifices and we appreciated it.

Dad's dream was for all his children to become independent so that he will have enough time and money to take care of the woman he loved. HE never got to actualize that dream . . . so we all do it for him, the best way we can!

So yes, she may not have been a big spender, but she is the best mum ever!

Anyways, our situations were clearly different, cos while mum was a civil servant, Dad had a successful law practice. So I guess he had the money to spend! undecided
Re: Nagging And Non Caring Wife by Nobody: 12:51pm On Aug 14, 2013

I'm really sorry about your dad . . . but it's obvious your parents marriage had a lot of problems which must have manifested in your mum's attitude.

It's a pity!
Re: Nagging And Non Caring Wife by coogar: 12:53pm On Aug 14, 2013
Ujujoan:
I'm really sorry about your dad . . . but it's obvious your parents marriage had a lot of problems which must have manifested in your mum's attitude.

It's a pity!

how did you come to this conclusion?
is it not obvious she had a self-centred mother who would rather buy jewelries or expensive dishes instead of contributing to the welfare of her kids?

if i have a mother like hers, she won't get one penny from me.
Re: Nagging And Non Caring Wife by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 14, 2013
coogar:

how did you come to this conclusion?
is it not obvious she had a self-centred mother who would rather buy jewelries or expensive dishes instead of contributing to the welfare of her kids?

if i have a mother like hers, she won't get one penny from me.

His father advised them against marrying a woman like their mother, I don't think their marriage was perfect. undecided undecided

I also don't think the woman was rich all through the marriage. Like most couples, they must have started off as a normal husband-main breadwinner family. Somewhere along the line, mum became a rich biz woman. Maybe she was just acting out because of how the man treated her when she had nothing. undecided

I'm just speculating, nobody knows the full story, but I find it very difficult to believe that a woman can be that cold for nothing!.

PS: I'm not justifying her actions, I just don't want to condemn her because I don't know the full story.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Couple Marry Wearing Slippers And Casual Clothes, Video Goes Viral / end of story / Your Opinion On Unexpected Visitors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.