Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,223 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Am Getting Married......yea! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am Getting Married......yea! (6848 Views)

I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month / Three (3) Financial Moves To Make Before Getting Married / I Am Getting Tired Of My Long Distance Marriage. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by Deiok(m): 2:55pm On Sep 02, 2013
jay bee:

Same guy ?

what do you mean by that?.
did you read this>>>>
Amelian: I bumped into one of my ex, one lovely morning i
was about to head to the bank ,
but this time i decided to take
Okada instead of driving down,
just want to feel the cool
natural breeze touching my face, as the okada man drives
off... in the process of waiting
for bike, someone called my
name , i looked at the direction,
i saw a white massive jeep with
tinted glass, the glass slides down , and wow, my ex is the
one driving ,
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by Nobody: 3:14pm On Sep 02, 2013
Congrats, OP! Best of luck and happy married life.

Royal Roy: Sounds good.

But aint you rushing things up a bit?

Being apart for 5 years, a lot would have changed.

You might be walking into a marriage with a "familiar stranger"!

Hopefully if he is a sincere man, all will be well.
Co-sign.
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by Nobody: 3:36pm On Sep 02, 2013
Deiok: what do you mean by that?.
did you read this>>>>

He read it, yea. And it so happens that she has one or two previous posts that kinda dont add up. I would have thought that was so easy to figure out.

Aguy she met who wooed her for 3 weeks? A guy who cruised back into her life after 5 years?

its like arithmetic, not math or rocket science undecided
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by addictiv(m): 4:27pm On Sep 02, 2013
you told us of his jeep, his business, the fact u are shopping for a new house but noting about his person.........I see red flags.....congrats tho...
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by afrobaby(f): 4:46pm On Sep 02, 2013
Congrats dearie
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by taryour(f): 5:44pm On Sep 02, 2013
Congrats dearie,may God bless your union and grant your heart desires. I sent you a mail please check it,thanks.
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by deols(f): 7:24pm On Sep 02, 2013
what do I want to say that has not been said?

I wish you the best.
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by Nobody: 7:37pm On Sep 02, 2013
deols: what do I want to say that has not been said?

I wish you the best.
Dearie deoly,how far? Waiting for ur own o! I must learn how to tie gele by force.I will wear lace and asoke. I've already planned how it will be in my head. Anywhere I am, I must be there!

@op, congratulobia!!!

1 Like

Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by deols(f): 8:05pm On Sep 02, 2013
yellowpawpaw:
Dearie deoly,how far? Waiting for ur own o! I must learn how to tie gele by force.I will wear lace and asoke. I've already planned how it will be in my head. Anywhere I am, I must be there!

@op, congratulobia!!!

No froblem. u shall hear am!!

kiss smiley
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by RoyalRoy(m): 8:10pm On Sep 02, 2013
deols:

No froblem. u shall hear am!!

kiss smiley

Cleaning my fork & knife!!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by Nobody: 10:35pm On Sep 02, 2013
jay bee:

Same guy ?

Nah, not same guy.... angry......how can I marry someone that wants my car keys after just 3weeks of dating?....hell No! angry

2 Likes

Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by armyofone(m): 11:01pm On Sep 02, 2013
smiley
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by Missdodo: 11:25pm On Sep 02, 2013
Congrats gurl, I suspect this is the real deal as you are both now more mature and have tested different waters enough to spot the clean water you are about to drink. Just make sure you guys move on completely from the past. All the best

2 Likes

Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by krystal101(f): 1:24pm On Sep 03, 2013
Congrats dearie! I love good news. Those of una wey dey do maths with this good news na una sabi. PM me for aso ebi. I must be there
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by Nobody: 8:26pm On Sep 03, 2013
You women are so quick to say congratulations without cautioning your own, Amelian I think you are moving too fast so you dated this fellow before that's not enough reason to jump into marriage after one month of reconnecting with him.

You women are too desperate for this thing called marriage.

5 Likes

Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by Nobody: 8:42pm On Sep 03, 2013
Go for it. If it doesn't work out, apply the same velocity you had when you replied yes.

Good to have a regular person servicing the engine always.

1 Like

Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by aniffy4eva(m): 8:46pm On Sep 03, 2013
If the OP was a guy and told the story like this:

I bumped into one of my ex, one lovely morning i was about to head to the bank , but this time i decided to take Okada instead of driving down, just want to feel the cool natural breeze touching my face, as the okada man drives off... in the process of waiting for bike, someone called my name , i looked at the direction, i saw a white massive jeep with tinted glass, the glass slides down , and wow, my ex is the one driving..... grin grin grin

I doubt we would have the same number of "congratulations" from the ladies tongue

2 Likes

Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by Nobody: 8:54pm On Sep 03, 2013
aniffy4eva: If the OP was a guy and told the story like this:

I bumped into one of my ex, one lovely morning i was about to head to the bank , but this time i decided to take Okada instead of driving down, just want to feel the cool natural breeze touching my face, as the okada man drives off... in the process of waiting for bike, someone called my name , i looked at the direction, i saw a white massive jeep with tinted glass, the glass slides down , and wow, my ex is the one driving..... grin grin grin

I doubt we would have the same number of "congratulations" from the ladies tongue

What are you saying undecided,

Time you used to write this, you would have given your own advise or opinion and move on! angry

Joy killer

2 Likes

Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by aniffy4eva(m): 9:04pm On Sep 03, 2013
Chillisauce:
What are you saying undecided,
Time you used to write this, you would have given your own advise or opinion and move on! angry
Joy killer

Truth hurts... cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by lolaluv1(f): 10:18pm On Sep 03, 2013
For me, there are no alarm bells.
This is because I've noticed a trend of people retracing their steps back to their exes and schoolmates after almost drowning in the murky waters of the dating pool.
Guys generally feel more secure with a girl they've known way back, especially if she was a good girl.

Amelian, wish you the very best.
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by Nobody: 12:59am On Sep 04, 2013
@ Lola.luv, and other wishing me, my spouse and our new upcoming home well... God bless you all... But those guys looking for my trouble , sniffing where they are not suppose 2 sniff.....pls back off!... And be happy for me , at least...whether am desperate o, or he is desperate ...that's irrelevant...if am not ready to get married in my early 30s, when will I be?.....until am 50? ......if he's not eager to get married , now in his late 30s? When will he be?....until he is 55?.....how cautious and overly careful can anyone be in relationships.....the main Koko Is we are happy, we've found each other for keeps cheesy.... cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by Yvete(f): 7:17am On Sep 04, 2013
Amelian: how cautious and overly careful can anyone be in relationships.....the main Koko Is we are happy, we've found each other for keeps cheesy.... cheesy

Nicely written ... best wishes on your future together!
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by vanitty: 7:32am On Sep 04, 2013
Amelian: @ Lola.luv, and other wishing me, my spouse and our new upcoming home well... God bless you all... But those guys looking for my trouble , sniffing where they are not suppose 2 sniff.....pls back off!... And be happy for me , at least...whether am desperate o, or he is desperate ...that's irrelevant...if am not ready to get married in my early 30s, when will I be?.....until am 50? ......if he's not eager to get married , now in his late 30s? When will he be?....until he is 55?.....how cautious and overly careful can anyone be in relationships.....the main Koko Is we are happy, we've found each other for keeps cheesy.... cheesy

Do your thing jare.
Good luck
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by Nobody: 10:29am On Sep 04, 2013
Amelian: @ Lola.luv, and other wishing me, my spouse and our new upcoming home well... God bless you all... But those guys looking for my trouble , sniffing where they are not suppose 2 sniff.....pls back off!... And be happy for me , at least...whether am desperate o, or he is desperate ...that's irrelevant...if am not ready to get married in my early 30s, when will I be?.....until am 50? ......if he's not eager to get married , now in his late 30s? When will he be?....until he is 55?.....how cautious and overly careful can anyone be in relationships.....the main Koko Is we are happy, we've found each other for keeps cheesy.... cheesy

Really hun, one can't be too careful in this marriage matter. My mum used to say you can never know your partner enough before wedding. I guess one just has to go with her/instinct. I'm happy you two are happy. I wish u a blissful home. Joy will never run dry in your home. Gob bless your union. cool
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by megareal: 8:36pm On Sep 04, 2013
Ive always been cautious of exes coming back together. Things may go either way due to unimagined changes in character, but I pray the best comes to you in this.
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by obowunmi(m): 1:13am On Sep 05, 2013
I will never, ever, ever in my life get back with an ex. No butts of ifs. Good for you though. I hope that you are not choosing him because of your desperation.
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by obowunmi(m): 1:15am On Sep 05, 2013
aniffy4eva: If the OP was a guy and told the story like this:

Hahaha..... Most women would never date a man on an Okada. Them go just bone the man.
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by vivianc(f): 2:48am On Sep 05, 2013
yay!!!!!! Congrats! I'm so happy for you.

But babe, on the other hand I have noticed a trend with you; you attach so much importance to material things. Its obvious in all your threads. While I rejoice and celebrate you for your achievements, I guess you are smart enough to know that there is more to life, love and marriage than 'I have done well for myself,' 'my car,' 'here he comes in a massive jeep,' etc. You can't define life this way and definitely can't build a solid relationship on this. So just pipe it down a little.

No kill me o, advice no be curse.

I'm really happy for you, pumpkin.

8 Likes

Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by ireneidiva(f): 6:01am On Sep 05, 2013
obowunmi: I will never, ever, ever in my life get back with an ex. No butts of ifs. Good for you though. I hope that you are not choosing him because of your desperation.
Me too. Can't eat my vomit.
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by bukatyne(f): 12:37pm On Sep 05, 2013
sihom: You women are so quick to say congratulations without cautioning your own, Amelian I think you are moving too fast so you dated this fellow before that's not enough reason to jump into marriage after one month of reconnecting with him.

You women are too desperate for this thing called marriage.

At bolded, very true...

In the words of deols my friend,

deols: what do I want to say that has not been said?

I wish you the best.
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by kabsun(m): 3:10pm On Sep 05, 2013
I like the aura in wic she reply all the comments so far. Wish U luck and blisful marital life.
By the way, I jaz feel, like some commentators pointed out, babe is going for the wrongest and silliest reasons. Massive jeep bla bla bla. If the dude was on okada or off-the road kinda car, babe wldnt even notice him.
I sensed:
1. One or all of them ar desperate. More inclined to the babe side.
2. Materialism
3. AoB
Wic eva one, I wish you 'no regrets in ur life on this fast decision you made'. Amin
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by Nobody: 6:32pm On Sep 05, 2013
after so many dashing out of suya, you have finally gotten a free suya spot where you can sell to one person only and no longer the highest bidder....I say.....

good for you!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Clearance Sales!!!! / My Wife Abandoned Me While On A BP Of 250/150.(A Cameroonian Nairalander's Tale) / CBM7: Cussions Announces Prize Of ₦2 Million For This Year's Winner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.