Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,571 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:23 AM

I Am Getting Tired Of My Long Distance Marriage. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am Getting Tired Of My Long Distance Marriage. (52769 Views)

I'm Tired Of My Marriage!!! Please Help / Long Distance Marriage And Trying to conceive a baby / Can Long-distance Marriage Work Out Between Newlyweds? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Getting Tired Of My Long Distance Marriage. by prinwa(f): 5:02am On Jul 30, 2015
Hi
I am a lady in my late 20, I have been married for 5years now. My husband come back once in a year, I am getting tired of the loneliness and lack of sex, though I have never cheated on him. I just feel I made a huge mistake. I have 2 kids for him, and I try to keep myself busy in order to avoid temptation. My husband. Doesn't have another wife apart from me, recently I asked him about our papers and he said he doesn't want us to come and live there permanently , but we can visit and go. I want to be together with my husband. I am really getting tired of the whole situation. My children are growing up with out him and it is making me unhappy. I need your advice please. cry

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am Getting Tired Of My Long Distance Marriage. by ozycy: 5:10am On Jul 30, 2015
Guess he's very comfortable without you guys there. Or is it that he can't foot your bill if you join him der. Madam you dey try ooo. Yankee hubby tins

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Am Getting Tired Of My Long Distance Marriage. by flyca: 5:23am On Jul 30, 2015
Ha! 5 years is long o. Was it "arrangee" marriage? Did you discuss about how to and where to stay before marriage? Apart from physical absence, is he emotionally, spiritually, psychologically and financially absent too?

The answers will help advisers get a clear picture.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Getting Tired Of My Long Distance Marriage. by tellwisdom: 5:44am On Jul 30, 2015
Look at you. Why bother when you can give me a call to come keep u. Do u even have big yansh to start with? sad

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Am Getting Tired Of My Long Distance Marriage. by spikezz: 6:03am On Jul 30, 2015
ur huzzband iz
in UK abi?
sowwi o buh the law
haz made it now impossible for
people 2 bring foreign
spouses

unless he chooses
2 return to 9ja, u juss have
to accept yuh fate.

marriage iz fo betta fo worze

teenk yuww.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Getting Tired Of My Long Distance Marriage. by Cutehector(m): 6:17am On Jul 30, 2015
Though I am 100 percent not a fan of divorce but ur case is an exception...

9 Likes

Re: I Am Getting Tired Of My Long Distance Marriage. by Nobody: 6:21am On Jul 30, 2015
prinwa:
Hi
I am a lady in my late 20, I have been married for 5years now. My husband come back once in a year, I am getting tired of the loneliness and lack of sex, though I have never cheated on him. I just feel I made a huge mistake. I have 2 kids for him, and I try to keep myself busy in order to avoid temptation. My husband. Doesn't have another wife apart from me, recently I asked him about our papers and he said he doesn't want us to come and live there permanently , but we can visit and go. I want to be together with my husband. I am really getting tired of the whole situation. My children are growing up with out him and it is making me unhappy. I need your advice please. cry
I'll strongly suggest you should stay married for better for worse.
How do you get lonely with 2 kids tho'?

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Getting Tired Of My Long Distance Marriage. by lolaxavier(m): 6:24am On Jul 30, 2015
If you ask me, na who I go ask

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Getting Tired Of My Long Distance Marriage. by lolaxavier(m): 6:27am On Jul 30, 2015
Brandnew2:

I'll strongly suggest you should stay married for better for worse.
How do you get lonely with 2 kids tho'?

It shows you know nothing about relationships. Don't you know what it means to be without the physical affection of your partner, husband for that matter. He comes home only once in a year. He probably would spend just a month or two before going back. Do you mean a lady in her 20s will now enjoy sex just for that period. Besides, it goes beyond sex. His presence would mean a lot to the family.

254 Likes 14 Shares

Re: I Am Getting Tired Of My Long Distance Marriage. by Nobody: 6:34am On Jul 30, 2015
lolaxavier:

It shows you know nothing about relationships. Don't you know what it means to be without the physical affection of your partner, husband for that matter. He comes home only once in a year. He probably would spend just a month or two before going back. Do you mean a lady in her 20s will now enjoy sex just for that period. Besides, it goes beyond sex. His presence would mean a lot to the family.
What are intimacy gadgets for?

5 Likes

Re: I Am Getting Tired Of My Long Distance Marriage. by cococandy(f): 6:36am On Jul 30, 2015
Didn't you discuss this before marriage?

So he means you guys will continue like this indefinitely? Pls call family meeting on his head. Let his and your parents talks sense into him.
If he's sure he has no other family over there, why won't he want you guys there?

He wants to be married and live like a bachelor. I'm sure he won't be happy if you fall into temptation but he's not helping you and your relationship at all.

79 Likes

Re: I Am Getting Tired Of My Long Distance Marriage. by TheUmmah: 6:54am On Jul 30, 2015
undecided Op! If you ask us, na who we go ask?

1 Like

Re: I Am Getting Tired Of My Long Distance Marriage. by Luyeanka(f): 7:34am On Jul 30, 2015
Give us a brief background of your relationship. Was the premarital relationship also distant?

2 Likes

Re: I Am Getting Tired Of My Long Distance Marriage. by Nobody: 7:40am On Jul 30, 2015
spikezz:
ur huzzband iz
in UK abi?
sowwi o buh the law
haz made it now impossible for
people 2 bring foreign
spouses
unless he chooses
2 return to 9ja, u juss have
to accept yuh fate.
marriage iz fo betta fo worze
teenk yuww.
Her marriage is five years old already and I'm sure the law wasn't like that then.... Don't know about the present law though...

Op, if he told you the marriage was going to be like this but you still went ahead, then I wonder what your headache is... You don't want obodo oyibo husband again?

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Getting Tired Of My Long Distance Marriage. by KanwuliaJara: 7:49am On Jul 30, 2015
I understand your concern. The marriage is too young.
But in marriage, you don't always get what you want.
Your husband has set the tone for the relationship.

If you move in with him, he will resent you. He does not want to live with you full-time, neither does he want to have SEX with you everyday.

The ball is in your court.

Either you stay and manage, or you go and DAMAGE!

A no-win situation! kiss

64 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Am Getting Tired Of My Long Distance Marriage. by thorpido(m): 7:55am On Jul 30, 2015
Op,would you like to share why you married him and what the initial arrangement was?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Getting Tired Of My Long Distance Marriage. by innervoice(m): 8:18am On Jul 30, 2015
KanwuliaJara:
I understand your concern. The marriage is too young.
But in marriage, you don't always get what you want.
Your husband has set the tone for the relationship.

If you move in with him, he will resent you. He does not want to live with you full-time, neither does he want to have SEX with you everyday.

The ball is in your court.

Either you stay and manage, or you go and DAMAGE!

A no-win situation! kiss

100 likes!

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Getting Tired Of My Long Distance Marriage. by prinwa(f): 8:20am On Jul 30, 2015
Initially when we got married he told me he will prepare my papers, which he did but it didn't work, because i already had my daughter, so the embassy said that he doesn't. Have enough income to take care of me and his daughter. We kept on trying over and over again but nothing. Seems to work. Now i have another baby who is 11months old. My daughter gave him alot of space. My concern now is that he told me February this year that when he gets back to Europe that he will apply for his citizenship, so that it will be easy for him to take us. Up till this moment he has not applied for it. He is taking good care of financial, i won't deny that. But i need companionship, i need a man in my life. I feel empty with out him. I don't want my children to grow without their father.

68 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Getting Tired Of My Long Distance Marriage. by Nobody: 8:23am On Jul 30, 2015
@Prinwa you can get the companionship you need from friends either male or female. Do you have any?

1 Like

Re: I Am Getting Tired Of My Long Distance Marriage. by prinwa(f): 8:24am On Jul 30, 2015
MarvellousGod:
Her marriage is five years old already and I'm sure the law wasn't like that then.... Don't know about the present law though...

Op, if he told you the marriage was going to be like this but you still went ahead, then I wonder what your headache is... You don't want obodo oyibo husband again?
I never wanted to marry obodo oyibo husband, I have always wanted to marry someone in Nigeria. And he never told me it was going to be like this. Most times I feel I rushed into it.

13 Likes

Re: I Am Getting Tired Of My Long Distance Marriage. by spikezz: 8:24am On Jul 30, 2015
prinwa:
Initially when we got married he told me he will prepare my papers, which he did but it didn't work, because i already had my daughter, so the embassy said that he doesn't. Have enough income to take care of me and his daughter. We kept on trying over and over again but nothing. Seems to work. Now i have another baby who is 11months old. My daughter gave him alot of space. My concern now is that he told me February this year that when he gets back to Europe that he will apply for his citizenship, so that it will be easy for him to take us. Up till this moment he has not applied for it. He is taking good care of financial, i won't deny that. But i need companionship, i need a man in my life. I feel empty with out him. I don't want my children to grow without their father.

chooi y does diz ur
story sound so similar 2
someone i kno..
iz yuh hubby a youth pastor?
jokez apart.

tell him to recolate
back to 9ja
being wit family iz far
more important dan
anything else hez chasin' up in
d uk

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Getting Tired Of My Long Distance Marriage. by innervoice(m): 8:24am On Jul 30, 2015
prinwa:

Your kids are already growing up without their father.
Our ladies are as gullible as some white ladies who fall for scam marriages.
Your man lives abroad and MOST men who live abroad and have wives back home live their lives abroad like the marriage never took place in the first place. Is that your marriage an arranged marriage?

17 Likes

Re: I Am Getting Tired Of My Long Distance Marriage. by prinwa(f): 8:25am On Jul 30, 2015
Brandnew2:
@Prinwa you can get the companionship you need from friends either male or female. Do you have any?
I have friends.
Re: I Am Getting Tired Of My Long Distance Marriage. by prinwa(f): 8:26am On Jul 30, 2015
innervoice:

Your kids are already growing up without their father.
Our ladies are as gullible as some white ladies who fall for scam marriages.
Your man lives abroad and MOST men who live abroad and have wives back home live their lives abroad like the marriage never took place in the first place. Is that your marriage an arranged marriage?
no it was arranged.
Re: I Am Getting Tired Of My Long Distance Marriage. by businessMODE(m): 8:26am On Jul 30, 2015
OKAY ---I wouldn't know if sex is part of the issh or if you guys are having a great time online ---I will like to suggest a novelty product that couples use to keep them together no matter how far .... We-Vibe takes couples to new heights of pleasure. Couples use it together during sex or when they are apart. She gets extra stimulation to her clitoris and center of gravity and together they both share the vibe. Get more with the app. Control: advanced remote control features, including independent motor control and 5 bonus modes. Create: make and save custom vibration patterns. Connect: play with your lover from anywhere in the world Play together even when you`re apart. With the We-Vibe app couples can connect in new, exciting ways, whether they are in the same room or on a different continent. She can wear We-Vibe 4 Plus anywhere and her partner can tease and please her from the palm of their hand. The most advanced couples vibrator. The compact, body-hugging form of We-Vibe 4 Plus delivers strong, intense vibrations. The curved clitoral stimulator follows her body and gently rests between the labia, while the stiff mid-section ensures a snug fit. The center of gravity stimulator sits in place behind the pelvic bone, increasing stability and comfort for both partners.

CHECK the video out on details on http://kerewa.com.ng/product/115164/CNVEF-EWEVIBE11/we-vibe-4-plus-purple-couples-vibrator
prinwa:
Hi

3 Likes

Re: I Am Getting Tired Of My Long Distance Marriage. by innervoice(m): 8:27am On Jul 30, 2015
prinwa:
no it was arranged.

It was arranged or it wasn't?

13 Likes

Re: I Am Getting Tired Of My Long Distance Marriage. by prinwa(f): 8:27am On Jul 30, 2015
spikezz:

chooi y does diz ur
story sound so similar 2
someone i kno..
iz yuh hubby a youth pastor?
jokez apart.

tell him to recolate
back to 9ja
being wit family iz far
more important dan
anything else hez chasin' up in
d uk
no he is not in Uk.
Re: I Am Getting Tired Of My Long Distance Marriage. by Nobody: 8:29am On Jul 30, 2015
prinwa:
I have friends.
So I'm guessing you need companionship that is sexual In nature and that you can only get legitimately from your hubby.
prinwa:
no it was arranged.
I don't want to judge but it seem you have served the purpose he needs you for which is bear him children and raise them.

4 Likes

Re: I Am Getting Tired Of My Long Distance Marriage. by prinwa(f): 8:30am On Jul 30, 2015
innervoice:

It was arranged or it wasn't?
it wasn't , I knew him before he traveled.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Getting Tired Of My Long Distance Marriage. by prinwa(f): 8:31am On Jul 30, 2015
Brandnew2:

So I'm guessing you need companionship that is sexual In nature and that you can only get legitimately from your hubby.

I don't want to judge but it seem you have served the purpose he needs you for which is bear him children and raise them.

I kind of agree with you.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Where Did You Meet Your Spouse / Help I'm Pregnant For A Married Man. / How Much Do You Spend Daily As A Married Or Single Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.