Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,713 members, 7,820,493 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

Am Getting Married......yea! - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am Getting Married......yea! (6852 Views)

I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month / Three (3) Financial Moves To Make Before Getting Married / I Am Getting Tired Of My Long Distance Marriage. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by Nobody: 7:15pm On Sep 05, 2013
vivianc: yay!!!!!! Congrats! I'm so happy for you.

But babe, on the other hand I have noticed a trend with you; you attach so much importance to material things. Its obvious in all your threads. While I rejoice and celebrate you for your achievements, I guess you are smart enough to know that there is more to life, love and marriage than 'I have done well for myself,' 'my car,' 'here he comes in a massive jeep,' etc. You can't define life this way and definitely can't build a solid relationship on this. So just pipe it down a little.

No kill me o, advice no be curse.

I'm really happy for you, pumpkin.

My dear, it's ok abt your view....but material things for me, go a. Long long way to make life comfortable , that's y , I strive to be successful in my career and dread failure and poverty like crazy...but that does not mean, it's the only thing I look out for in a long lasting relationship... Is it a crime to want to settle down with a rich guy? ....God knows av taken broke guys serious, but unfortunately, the desire to take one as a maga or mugs, comes up , after a while....so y shud I put up with such destructive tendencies from such guys? sad......all to prove wat?.....so pple will hail me and say I try for marrying a struggling guy who takes me as maga?....Abeg o..... I ain't cut out for such....am happy and thanks for bn happy for me cheesy

1 Like

Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by Nobody: 7:21pm On Sep 05, 2013
ireneidiva:
Me too. Can't eat my vomit.

Your vomit, IS YOUR VOMIT......yuck!....wharever

My boo is the best to happen to me in a long while wink cheesy
Shikena
bukatyne:

At bolded, very true...

In the words of deols my friend,

Whose headache is yours, if I appear desperate to u.....baby, lemme handle d desperation......Ain't u familiar about the phrase.....it's My Choice.....

So buck off grin
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by slimyem: 7:49pm On Sep 05, 2013
Amelian: Av waited a long while for this special moment smiley... I didn't presume or imagine , it will be this year cheesy....I bumped into one of my ex, one lovely morning i was about to head to the bank , but this time i decided to take Okada instead of driving down, just want to feel the cool natural breeze touching my face, as the okada man drives off... in the process of waiting for bike, someone called my name , i looked at the direction, i saw a white massive jeep with tinted glass, the glass slides down , and wow, my ex is the one driving , looking so confident , cool, with all smiles, beckoning on me to come. i was like wow! i walked across the road, hopped in, and i was like, what happend to you? youve changed smiley... he smiled and said its God ooo.... i was like, hmmm nice one...he told me the biz he is into, we talked for a while, then .he dropped me off at the bank, we exchanged numbers again. fixed a date for an outing... on our date, we talked about the past, and our mistakes, especially mine sad.... i apologised... he said its ok, he understands, and that he tried getting engaged when i left , but the engagement didnt work out, everything was just so wrong and he was always comparing me , with his ex fiance, that she got tired and fedup, and just left him one fateful day , with his ring... Other relationships, were just not right, until he met me that day, i was about to take a bike...and all the feelings came back all over again...am glad he has really achieved considerably well , during past 5yrs, we had a breakup.
He looked more matured, confident, and bold... cheesy.....my Reason in the past, was that i wasn't ready, and I felt I had to whole time in the whole world to relax and just enjoy the relationship, but he wanted marriage @ that point , so I had to withdraw from him and drift into a world of my own.. Thank God , we met last month after 5yrs.. Av also done pretty well for myself too.. We both liked what we are seeing through each other nw... He proposed last nite @ Sheraton ..with misty eyes of love and adoration.... And I whispered Yes, I will marry you....he looked at me, smiled and says thank you, my dear... U won't regret this decision ....I promise to make u happy and fulfilled .

Am so happy.... We are planning to getting a new home, before the marriage proceedings cheesy.... I can't even sleep.... At last, av met my match smiley in everything.

Thank you , Lord.

1 Like

Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by Nobody: 7:57pm On Sep 05, 2013
grin grin grin u try, slimyem

Praise Jesus....! cheesy... Yea!

1 Like

Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by bukatyne(f): 8:40pm On Sep 05, 2013
Amelian:

Your vomit, IS YOUR VOMIT......yuck!....wharever

My boo is the best to happen to me in a long while wink cheesy
Shikena

Whose headache is yours, if I appear desperate to u.....baby, lemme handle d desperation......Ain't u familiar about the phrase.....it's My Choice.....

So buck off grin

Madam,

There is no need to be defensive. No matter what we say, the buck stops at your table so chill. I collaborated a poster who said a lot of women are desperate in marriage. If you are not, then it doesn't refer to you.

I wish you goodluck in your upcoming marriage.

Like you rightly said, the choice is yours. We can only raise red flags from where we are sitting. You are in it and seeing another dimension to it.

Don't think NLers are busting trying to be critical; some pastors have actually preached on old acquaintances. People change for good or bad.
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by Nobody: 9:16pm On Sep 05, 2013
Thanks. smiley

1 Like

Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by deols(f): 11:13pm On Sep 05, 2013
Royal Roy:

Cleaning my fork & knife!!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

smiley smiley smiley
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by vivianc(f): 9:11am On Sep 06, 2013
Amelian:

My dear, it's ok abt your view....but material things for me, go a. Long long way to make life comfortable , that's y , I strive to be successful in my career and dread failure and poverty like crazy...but that does not mean, it's the only thing I look out for in a long lasting relationship... Is it a crime to want to settle down with a rich guy? ....God knows av taken broke guys serious, but unfortunately, the desire to take one as a maga or mugs, comes up , after a while....so y shud I put up with such destructive tendencies from such guys? sad......all to prove wat?.....so pple will hail me and say I try for marrying a struggling guy who takes me as maga?....Abeg o..... I ain't cut out for such....am happy and thanks for bn happy for me cheesy

Babe chill, I'm not asking you to marry a rich guy or not to work hard. But blowing your trumpet all the time seems rather childish to me.

You can always tell us the guy is successful without describing to us how massive his jeep is. And you can always tell us you were just going out without telling us how you decided not to drive and took a bike bla bla..............

Your self blowing trumpet is what i asked you to pipe down a little.
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by vivianc(f): 9:19am On Sep 06, 2013
Amelian:

Babe chill, I'm not asking you to marry a rich guy or not to work hard. But blowing your trumpet all the time seems rather childish to me.

You can always tell us the guy is successful without describing to us how massive his jeep is. And you can always tell us you were just going out without telling us how you decided not to drive and took a bike bla bla..............

Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by Nobody: 9:30am On Sep 06, 2013
vivianc:

Let her blow if she wanna blow the trumpet, not any bodies business. Weren't you the one describing the way you suffered to get to your status undecided. Did anyone say anything about that

Let her express her self, she has it, let her flaunt it. No body got time for pity party.

1 Like

Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by vivianc(f): 10:10am On Sep 06, 2013
Chillisauce:

Let her blow if she wanna blow the trumpet, not any bodies business. Weren't you the one describing the way you suffered to get to your status undecided. Did anyone say anything about that

Let her express her self, she has it, let her flaunt it. No body got time for pity party.

Who is this one? My friend move to the left joor. Was i talking to you or you are high on crack? Or has the hot pepper disorganised your brains?

Yea, I told someone that was almost giving up in life a little about me, so did others and that was purely to encourage him more. What has that got to do with pity party? You must be very daft to bring that in here.

Has what exactly? What others hasn't gotten before? Would she be the first or the last?

Abeg, carry your busy body pack one side jare.
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by Nobody: 10:34am On Sep 06, 2013
vivianc:

Who is this one? My friend move to the left joor. Was i talking to you or you are high on crack? Or has the hot pepper disorganised your brains?

Yea, I told someone that was almost giving up in life a little about me, so did others and that was purely to encourage him more. What has that got to do with pity party? You must be very daft to bring that in here.

Has what exactly? What others hasn't gotten before? Would she be the first or the last?

Abeg, carry your busy body pack one side jare.

Yes am high on ganja and chillisauce. Encourage who u wanna encourage and let her do her own.
If you have gotten enough why was it bothering you about her write up.

We that have it all, don't see anything wrong with what she is saying. True story.
Now go back to your sorry self.

1 Like

Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by vivianc(f): 11:03am On Sep 06, 2013
Chillisauce:

Yes am high on ganja and chillisauce. Encourage who u wanna encourage and let her do her own.
If you have gotten enough why was it bothering you about her write up.

We that have it all, don't see anything wrong with what she is saying. True story.
Now go back to your sorry self.

Let me laugh first buaaaaaaaaaa grin. That laugh is on you. I'm not here to declare what I have or don't have, you know why? That's not how I define myself. A superficial life like yours should be laughed at, cos its an empty life just like you sound.

And sweetheart, your life compared to mine is non existence, i promise you that.

Wait a minute! So in this day and time people still boast with cars? grin grin grin you must come from the land of the dead where a one eye man is the king. grin grin

Now run along, airhead.

1 Like

Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by Nobody: 11:13am On Sep 06, 2013
vivianc:

Let me laugh first buaaaaaaaaaa grin. That laugh is on you. I'm not here to declare what I have or don't have, you know why? That's not how I define myself. A superficial life like yours should be laughed at, cos its an empty life just like you sound.

And sweetheart, your life compared to mine is non existence, i promise you that.

Wait a minute! So in this day and time people still boast with cars? grin grin grin you must come from the land of the dead where a one eye man is the king. grin grin

Now run along, airhead.

No one boasting here. If you see it as boast clearly shows your complex. She described something for ppl to get a feel of her story. You come down and labeled her as being materialistic.
As for my life, don't let me get you started. Cars are nothing, but you bringing it up in the discussion clearly shows that you think it's something. Hence on your being materialistic blah blah blah...

Why didn't you just say how you suffered to get to your status, why did you describe the job you did, etc. clearly, you want to tell a story,
Goodnews, not everybody has your own story, not everybody see your own view in life, get over it and let the girl be.

Don't be a joy killer, frog head!
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by kabsun(m): 11:52am On Sep 06, 2013
Vivianc and Chillisauce shld take their fight to a new thread. Click 'like' if you support the motion.

1 Like

Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by vivianc(f): 12:15pm On Sep 06, 2013
Chillisauce:

No one boasting here. If you see it as boast clearly shows your complex. She described something for ppl to get a feel of her story. You come down and labeled her as being materialistic.
As for my life, don't let me get you started. Cars are nothing, but you bringing it up in the discussion clearly shows that you think it's something. Hence on your being materialistic blah blah blah...

Why didn't you just say how you suffered to get to your status, why did you describe the job you did, etc. clearly, you want to tell a story,
Goodnews, not everybody has your own story, not everybody see your own view in life, get over it and let the girl be.

Don't be a joy killer, frog head!

You see why i said you are a dimwit? Don't argue with me if you are dumb.

I don't know how old you are but you reason like a 5yrs old, so i'm gonna explain it to you like a 5yr old you are.

I read all her threads, but this is the first time i'm commenting and trust me this happens in all her threads. I still remember how she tagged people whose posts didnt go down well with her as being jealous of her. All her threads revolve around material things and I for one would call a spade, a spade. She can admit it or not. It can choke the life out of you, I don't give a rat's azz.

Now a wise woman told me "no matter how old we are, we must continue to work on us, on our personality." Advice na curse?

Now you ooze in like a stench that you are, saying how i'm jealous of how because I have a sorry life. How people like you who have it don't complain. Now have what exactly? Ewu!

Now you are even dumb enough to bring a questioned I answered in another thread here, how dumb can you be this girl? Yes, I still remember that thread where i said i left home at 17, and a certain lady; Tasha asked me how I did it and I told her. The job I told her i did, i did at 17, not at 20, 22 or 25.

I have a story to tell? Honestly no. Cos it doesn,t matter anymore. While those stories shaped who I am, they are not who I am. And yes, when i see people giving up cos they look at me and think my life is perfect? I show them that I relate to them, to their feelings. I know a dimwit like you might not understand that, and its not your fault. Maybe you got lucky, others didn't didn't and it ain't their fault either.

I could be very strong but I dont consider people that i feel are less strong f...ools nor to have a sorry life. Why would I write anybody off when God is liberal to all?

Complex issues? I'm in awe of substances, very tangible things and not of the chaffs you dispay here, do you understand me?

How dumb can you be?

Like I said earlier, you life compared to mine is non-existence.

And if I have to explain all these to you, you should lock yourself up in your closet and cry for yourself.

I'm done replying you, i'm done stooping to your level. This is obviously your play ground, while i can't play with you, i could buy you toys to play with.

Mkpi.
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by Nobody: 12:29pm On Sep 06, 2013
@vivian, all I can say is WOW shocked..
I just read your introduction on the family fun chat thread, and you never mentioned all these. So I ask, why are you even explaining your self to me, I don't give a damn about your life so just move on.

As regards to previous threads with the OP, I don't even know about them but am writing this based on this Thread, so save yourself from PITY story, you are not the only one that have them, neither is OP the only one that pride herself with Hera achievements,

Like I said, shove your long epistle in your black ars e. be happy for others and good things will come to you!

1 Like

Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by biolabee(m): 12:41pm On Sep 06, 2013
i thought this was a thread exhibiting Amelian;s love
una don start again,....
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by Nobody: 12:45pm On Sep 06, 2013
biolabee: i thought this was a thread exhibiting Amelian;s love
una don start again,....

You too like women wahala, who invite you here sef undecided
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by biolabee(m): 12:47pm On Sep 06, 2013
^^^
you too like wahala... i thought this is the family section undecided

On topic,.. wish you the best Amelian,,
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by vivianc(f): 12:48pm On Sep 06, 2013
Amelian, i'm serious about what i told you. you might not see it but it exist in you or atleast a version of you here on NL.

There is nothing wrong in marrying a rich man, i want that too or its raw material. There is nothing wrong in working hard and being successful. I may or may not be as successful as you are but what I'm telling you is not out of jealousy as dimwit- chilli whatever implied. If anything, your handwork is very inspiring.

Maybe i'm the first to notice this cos i have a way of relating with people, i dont know but babe you have to work on it.

Or

you can play the "she is jealous" card all you want, you won't be the first.

I remember a certain beautiful lady who went down this road in the Romance Section. I saw it first maybe, and advised her like i'm doing to you now. Dimwits like chilli-whatever told her i'm jealous of her cos i'm not as beautiful as she is. Not too long, other people started seeing it too and things escalated. Now she hardly visits Romance Section cos she thinks people hated her.

But again, you can discard this advice. After all i live a sorry life ask Chilli-whatever.

your call.

Congrats once again on your engagement. May your union-to-be be blessed.
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by Nobody: 12:51pm On Sep 06, 2013
biolabee: ^^^
you too like wahala... i thought this is the family section undecided

On topic,.. wish you the best Amelian,,

Family section , yes...don't worry, there is no fight going on, abi u wan come add petrol? Na your way. So am just checking on you biobellee
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by biolabee(m): 12:53pm On Sep 06, 2013
Chillisauce:

Family section , yes...don't worry, there is no fight going on, abi u wan come add petrol? Na your way. So am just checking on you biobellee

LOL//............... good to know theres no fight

Take care too smiley
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by Nobody: 12:53pm On Sep 06, 2013
vivianc: Amelian, i'm serious about what i told you. you might not see it but it exist in you or atleast a version of you here on NL.

There is nothing wrong in marrying a rich man, i want that too or its raw material. There is nothing wrong in working hard and being successful. I may or may not be as successful as you are but what I'm telling you is not out of jealousy as dimwit- chilli whatever implied. If anything, your handwork is very inspiring.

Maybe i'm the first to notice this cos i have a way of relating with people, i dont know but babe you have to work on it.

Or

you can play the "she is jealous" card all you want, you won't be the first.

I remember a certain beautiful lady who went down this road in the Romance Section. I saw it first maybe, and advised her like i'm doing to you now. Dimwits like chilli-whatever told her i'm jealous of her cos i'm not as beautiful as she is. Not too long, other people started seeing it too and things escalated. Now she hardly visits Romance Section cos she thinks people hated her.

But again, you can discard this advice. After all i live a sorry life ask Chilli-whatever.

your call.

Don't take it to heart. I apologize for the pity party thing since you are clearly offended, but learn to move on when ppl say they are happy. That's all! Case closed.
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by Saraha1(f): 12:58pm On Sep 06, 2013
Wish you all the happiness that you wish your self in that marriage.Happy for you.
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by vivianc(f): 1:22pm On Sep 06, 2013
Chillisauce:

Don't take it to heart. I apologize for the pity party thing since you are clearly offended, but learn to move on when ppl say they are happy. That's all! Case closed.

grin There is nothing to be offended about. Clearly you misunderstood me. I didn't say anything about her engagement. Clearly she is happy but to think i'm not happy for her is ridiculous, cos i am.

I just pointed to a trait which she exhibits in all her threads, which has nothing to do with her getting engaged, all you would have done is check them out first before you attack me.

Case closed.
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by Nobody: 1:28pm On Sep 06, 2013
vivianc:

I just pointed to a trait which she exhibits in all her threads, which has nothing to do with her getting engaged, all you would have done is check them out first before you attack me.

Case closed.

What trait? That she likes to flaunt her achievements and brag bout her stuff? Sounds familiar to me. grin

Amelian I love your style, don't let anyone make you feel bad. Good luck jare.
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by Tinkybabe(f): 2:25am On Sep 07, 2013
Congrats Amelian.
I wish you the best
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by Nobody: 7:25am On Sep 07, 2013
Congrats, but b4 u grab it, listen,

You said u left him 5yrs ago cos u werent ready for marriage apparently cos he was a broke azz nigga and today, he fell out of no where cruising around with jeep right and you are so happy to have him back thus being ready for marriage? I know of a guy who after his girl did exactly what you did to him, came back to the girl, persuaded her for marriage and she was as happy as you are. Meanwhile, the guy had gotten married already but without disclosing it to her. I must tell you, this guy willingly spent all he could spend just to make it look the marriage must take place. On the TM day, after all the preparations, honestly the dude failed to show up and that was the end (Mind you, this is not a nollywood tale. It happens live!) Meanwhile, this girl had bragged alot abt her marriage to friends and relatives and till today, (7yrs later), she is not still married.

What am i saying, SHINE YOUR EYES. I wish you all the best sha!
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by Nobody: 7:32am On Sep 07, 2013
Amelian:

My dear, it's ok abt your view....but material things for me, go a.
Long long way to make life comfortable , that's y , I strive to be successful in my career and dread failure and poverty like crazy...but that does not mean, it's the only thing I look out for in a long lasting relationship... Is it a crime to want to settle down with a rich guy? ....God knows av taken broke guys serious, but unfortunately, the desire to take one as a maga or mugs, comes up , after a while....so y shud I put up with such destructive tendencies from such guys?
sad......all to prove wat?.....so pple will hail me and say I try for
marrying a struggling guy who takes me as maga?....Abeg o..... I ain't cut out for such....am happy and thanks for bn happy for me cheesy

So you think this guy is a maga and doesnt know u opt him becus of his new look? You think he doesnt know u may not make good home because of ur high materialistic tendencies? Let's keep fingers crossed and watch how it unvails. grin

1 Like

Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by Nobody: 7:49am On Sep 07, 2013
vivianc: Amelian, i'm serious about what i told you. you might not see it but it exist in you or atleast a version of you here on NL.

Maybe i'm the first to notice this cos i have a way of relating with
people, i dont know but babe you have to work on it.

Or

you can play the "she is jealous" card all you want, you won't be the
first.

I remember a certain beautiful lady who went down this road in the
Romance Section. I saw it first maybe, and advised her like i'm doing to
you now. Dimwits like chilli-whatever told her i'm jealous of her cos
i'm not as beautiful as she is. Not too long, other people started
seeing it too and things escalated. Now she hardly visits Romance
Section cos she thinks people hated her.

But again, you can discard this advice. After all i live a sorry life
ask Chilli-whatever.

your call.

Good observation! I know this lady to always want to show up even on facebook. Smh!
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by lolaluv1(f): 8:02am On Sep 07, 2013
I think peeps should stop raining on this girl's parade. Wetin?

Who made you god to predict ill-happenings? Is she the first to break up and get back with an ex? Will she be the last to do so?

Have you looked at the other side of the coin that they might appreciate what they have better because they've experienced what is out there?

Anyway, not every girl is meant to marry a broke guy or a beginner and she shouldn't be slated for that. Afterall, there are guys who would never date below their status and nobody crucifies them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Update:beautiful PICTURES Of The Little Girl Manhandled By A Wicked Nanny / CBM7: Cussions Announces Prize Of ₦2 Million For This Year's Winner / Top 4 Sites That Pays You Real Money To Watch Videos (2021)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.