Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,567 members, 7,827,137 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

Am Getting Married......yea! - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am Getting Married......yea! (6860 Views)

I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month / Three (3) Financial Moves To Make Before Getting Married / I Am Getting Tired Of My Long Distance Marriage. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by mozonto(m): 10:17am On Sep 07, 2013
[quote author=Amelian]Av waited a long while for this special moment smiley... I didn't presume or imagine , it will be this year cheesy....I bumped into one of my ex, one lovely morning i was about to head to the bank , but this time i decided to take Okada instead of driving down, just want to feel the cool natural breeze touching my face, as the okada man drives off... in the process of waiting for bike, someone called my name , i looked at the direction, i saw a white massive jeep with tinted glass, the glass slides down , and wow, my ex is the one driving , looking so confident , cool, with all smiles, beckoning on me to come. i was like wow! i walked across the road, hopped in, and i was like, what happend to you? youve changed smiley... he smiled and said its God ooo.... i was like, hmmm nice one...he told me the biz he is into, we talked for a while, then .he dropped me off at the bank, we exchanged numbers again. fixed a date for an outing... on our date, we talked about the past, and our mistakes, especially mine sad.... i apologised... he said its ok, he understands, and that he tried getting engaged when i left , but the engagement didnt work out, everything was just so wrong and he was always comparing me , with his ex fiance, that she got tired and fedup, and just left him one fateful day , with his ring... Other relationships, were just not right, until he met me that day, i was about to take a bike...and all the feelings came back all over again...am glad he has really achieved considerably well , during past 5yrs, we had a breakup.
He looked more matured, confident, and bold... cheesy.....my Reason in the past, was that i wasn't ready, and I felt I had to whole time in the whole world to relax and just enjoy the relationship, but he wanted marriage @ that point , so I had to withdraw from him and drift into a world of my own.. Thank God , we met last month after 5yrs.. Av also done pretty well for myself too.. We both liked what we are seeing through each other nw... He proposed last nite @ Sheraton.what will you tell all your boy friends since the last 5yrs
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by Nobody: 7:49pm On Sep 07, 2013
RedBenson:

Good observation! I know this lady to always want to show up even on facebook. Smh!

Sounds familiar again grin..just tweeted bout my new Ferragamo shoes I got yesterday for church tomorrow...

And if I smell any bad belle comment = you're blocked for good! cool

40 pending friend requests = None accepted... Last thing I need is negative energy around me.

Amelian you Rock!

1 Like

Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by fungramot(f): 6:30am On Sep 08, 2013
Amelian: @ Lola.luv, and other wishing me, my spouse and our new upcoming home well... God bless you all... But those guys looking for my trouble , sniffing where they are not suppose 2 sniff.....pls back off!... And be happy for me , at least...whether am desperate o, or he is desperate ...that's irrelevant...if am not ready to get married in my early 30s, when will I be?.....until am 50? ......if he's not eager to get married , now in his late 30s? When will he be?....until he is 55?.....how cautious and overly careful can anyone be in relationships.....the main Koko Is we are happy, we've found each other for keeps cheesy.... cheesy
I can see desperation at it peak. U sound §ø fustrated. Bcs ure old dats y want τ̅☺ rush into marriage . My dear u better wake up frm slumbring and take Ūя̲̅ time. a̶̲̥̅♏ nt saying u shudnt marry d guy bt take time τ̅☺ study him better it is tru u can't knw all abt a guy during coutship bt atleast 70% would be knwn if u take Ūя̲̅ time. Age is just a number galfrd. Shine Ūя̲̅ eyes
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by fungramot(f): 6:31am On Sep 08, 2013
[quote author=Amelian]@ Lola.luv, and other wishing me, my spouse and our new upcoming home well... God bless you all... But those guys looking for my trouble , sniffing where they are not suppose 2 sniff.....pls back off!... And be happy for me , at least...whether am desperate o, or he is desperate ...that's irrelevant...if am not ready to get married in my early 30s, when will I be?.....until am 50? ......if he's not eager to get married , now in his late 30s? When will he be?....until he is 55?.....how cautious and overly careful can anyone be in relationships.....the main Koko Is we are happy, we've found each other for keeps cheesy.... cheesy
[/quote. ]I can see desperation at it peak. U sound §ø fustrated. Bcs ure old dats y want τ̅☺ rush into marriage . My dear u better wake up frm slumbring and take Ūя̲̅ time. a̶̲̥̅♏ nt saying u shudnt marry d guy bt take time τ̅☺ study him better it is tru u can't knw all abt a guy during coutship bt atleast 70% would be knwn if u take Ūя̲̅ time. Age is just a number galfrd. Shine Ūя̲̅ eyes
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by Nobody: 7:26am On Sep 08, 2013
jidegirl12:

Sounds familiar again grin..just tweeted bout my new Ferragamo shoes I got yesterday for church tomorrow...

And if I smell any bad belle comment = you're blocked for good! cool

40 pending friend requests = None accepted... Last thing I need is negative energy around me.

Amelian you Rock!

Vamooze abeg! Got no time for ur juvenile's exhibition here. who gives a fvck abt ur new shoes?

6 Likes

Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by Nobody: 7:54am On Sep 08, 2013
Amelian: @
Lola.luv, and other wishing me, my spouse and our new upcoming home well... God bless you all... But those guys looking for my trouble , sniffing where they are not suppose 2 sniff.....pls back off!... And be happy for me, at least... whether am desperate o, or he is desperate ...that's irrelevant... if am not ready to get married in my early 30s, when will I be?.....until am 50? ......if he's not eager to get married , now in his late 30s? When will he be?....until he is 55?.....how cautious and overly careful can anyone be in relationships.....the main Koko Is we are happy, we've found each other for keeps cheesy.... cheesy

Look out you, am pretty sure you are not less than 43 looking at ur pic but here you are claiming early 30s. Desperado at it peak! grin
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by touchmeder: 8:07am On Sep 08, 2013
Amelian: @ Lola.luv, and other wishing me, my spouse and our new upcoming home well... God bless you all... But those guys looking for my trouble , sniffing where they are not suppose 2 sniff.....pls back off!... And be happy for me , at least...whether am desperate o, or he is desperate ...that's irrelevant...if am not ready to get married in my early 30s, when will I be?.....until am 50? ......if he's not eager to get married , now in his late 30s? When will he be?....until he is 55?.....how cautious and overly careful can anyone be in relationships.....the main Koko Is we are happy, we've found each other for keeps cheesy.... cheesy
. Happy married life as you begin to plan towards your big day.I understand why people seem cautious because of the time apart and the short time you guys where a proposal has been made.its your life dear just pray and expect the best.even the one you date for 100 years can still fail.please don't get too caught up in the excitment google things to discuss during courtship and go through them
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by touchmeder: 8:08am On Sep 08, 2013
. Happy married life as you begin to plan towards your big day.I understand why people seem cautious because of the time apart and the short time you guys where a proposal has been made.its your life dear just pray and expect the best.even the one you date for 100 years can still fail.please don't get too caught up in the excitment google things to discuss during courtship and go through them
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by touchmeder: 8:08am On Sep 08, 2013
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by touchmeder: 8:10am On Sep 08, 2013
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by Nobody: 5:21pm On Sep 08, 2013
Thank you, all for the comments.....well noted smiley grin grin
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by breathless(m): 5:18pm On Sep 09, 2013
OP. Congrats on your upcoming wedding. However, reading your story it sounds you were more convinced to settle with this guy becos of his good financial status. Now ask yourself n your secret place and truthful: would you have agrred to his proposal if he was not ok financially but had the other qualities you mentioned?
All the best.
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by Nobody: 7:33pm On Sep 09, 2013
Thank you breatheless grin..... On the best wishes...av heard grin
Thanks smiley
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by ifyalways(f): 9:06pm On Sep 09, 2013
Madam Vivi, Congrats !
I'm super happy for you kiss Your life,struggles,building up your business is an inspiration.
May your marriage bring you lots of happiness and may the love you share with your man last forever.

When the time comes,I'll be at Onipanu to pick my IV , wear and pre-wedding amala . Lol
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by Nobody: 9:11pm On Sep 09, 2013
@ ifyalways, what's happening at onipan?..... And who is madam vivi? undecided

Uv got the wrong person, sis smiley
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by ifyalways(f): 9:21pm On Sep 09, 2013
Hmmn
Who runs the couture,haut couture @ Onipan? . Not you?

Anyways,congrats !
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by Nobody: 9:27pm On Sep 09, 2013
Haute couture? ....Not me, babe...

Am not into couture... Guess again correctly..

Am not madam vivi, pls o....

Lol....James Bond girl , thinking she's knows one.... grin

U make me laugh.. grin

DREAM On.
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by Nobody: 10:32pm On Sep 09, 2013
LOL @jamesbondgirl grin

This is serious.
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by Nobody: 11:27pm On Sep 09, 2013
Lol grin

Abi naw?.....
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by ifyalways(f): 7:39am On Sep 10, 2013
Amelian: Haute couture? ....Not me, babe...

Am not into couture... Guess again correctly..

Am not madam vivi, pls o....

Lol....James Bond girl , thinking she's knows one.... grin

U make me laugh.. grin

DREAM On.

I am a dreamer and james bond because I thought you were Vivi,someone I know?
OK. Youwin

2 Likes

Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by nbright: 12:03am On Sep 12, 2013
Had to read all the comments... Some made my nyt, some were filled with sound advice, some are hilarious.. Enjoyed the war of words between Chili and Vivianc... Amelia if I remember correctly were you not on that single ladies thread where you said some things about men?, I am just suprised that it's the same man that you are happy that you've finally found.. Always thought you would do it the Oprah way... You weren't in your car when your would be husband saw you, were you?, you was about to board a bike... The same thing you rejected earlier that's how you found him... I am still suprised that marriage was still on your mind, thought you've given up on men with all your bashing on NL... (maybe that's how all these male hating/bashing girls are)... Since you are happy (either genuinely or superficial), I wish you exactly what you wished yourself... Congrats..

This girl's case is an eye opener... All these girls bashing guys are not in any commited/serious relationship.. When they are, that's when we will hear "it's not all guys that are bad" or "marriage is a good thing"
.... Come to think of it sef... Let me just stop here first.

I will strongly advice you to follow these two ladies on NL... Chaircover and greatgod2012 If possible get their contacts... They give sound advice... It's better you ask for advice from an outside source than someone that could be biased..

2 Likes

Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by passionate88: 5:49am On Sep 12, 2013
Hahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by Nobody: 5:24pm On Nov 18, 2013
Why did you cancel the wedding undecided.
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by Nobody: 5:38pm On Nov 18, 2013
ifyalways:
I am a dreamer and james bond because I thought you were Vivi,someone I know?
OK. Youwin

grin she is the same person. Wedding canceled and she didn't update us her wellwishers.
After fighting vivianc on her behalf.

Vivi, amelia, report here
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by nbright: 6:32pm On Nov 18, 2013
Chillisauce:

grin she is the same person. Wedding canceled and she didn't update us her wellwishers.
After fighting vivianc on her behalf.

Vivi, amelia, report here
cancelled wedding isn't something to grin... She had her reasons... I think it is way better to be single and happy than be married and miserable..

1 Like

Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by ireneidiva(f): 6:53pm On Nov 18, 2013
Who said it was cancelled?
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by Nobody: 9:27pm On Nov 18, 2013
Chillisauce: Why did you cancel the wedding undecided.

Where did she say that?
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by Afrobasic(m): 11:53pm On Dec 13, 2014
Bump!

How is your marriage going? smiley
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by lafflaff123(m): 9:05am On Dec 14, 2014
Afrobasic:
Bump!
How is your marriage going? smiley

This girl lie pas Linus. No be she dey in love with Agbero now come dey claim say na her friend?

1 Like

Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by Idowuogbo(f): 10:04am On Dec 14, 2014
Kai! My viv on fire!!! I miss you plenty I swear sad
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by Nobody: 6:29am On Dec 15, 2014
Chillisauce:
Why did you cancel the wedding undecided.

Who cancelled the wedding?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Clearance Sales!!!! / Your Mother Or Your Wife: Whom Would You Save? / What Kind Of Husband Are You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.