Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,306 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

Two Pastors, 28 Others Nabbed Over Pipeline Vandalism - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Two Pastors, 28 Others Nabbed Over Pipeline Vandalism (9219 Views)

How Jonathan, Diezani And 28 Others Converted Maitama Hills Private Use. Video. / Tension In Ondo Community Over Pipeline Attacks-the Nation / Kaduna, Warri Refineries Shut Down Over Pipeline Attack. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Pastors, 28 Others Nabbed Over Pipeline Vandalism by Etumgbe(m): 6:12am On Sep 02, 2013
By EVELYN USMAN
LAGOS — THIRTY suspected pipeline vandals, among them, two pastors and two teenagers were, weekend, arrested by officials of the Ogun State command of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps, NSCDC, in Isheri Olofin area of the state.
The suspects, according to the Commandant, Mr Akinwande Aboluwoye, were arrested after a shoot-out.
Recovered from the suspects, according to Aboluwoye, were canoes and 400 50-litre jerricans filled with siphoned petroleum product.
Parading the suspects, among whom were six women, the commandant explained that the feat was achieved following a tip off.
He said: “Immediately they sighted us, they opened fire, thereby leading to a gun battle. But when it became apparent that the heat was too much for them, they abandoned the products and jumped into the river and escaped. However, we were able to arrest their accomplices who reside in the area. We set the recovered canoes ablaze while surveillance has been intensified in that area.”.
However, when the teenagers, Michael Oyedotun(13) and Azeez Ajani(12) were quizzed, they denied their involvment, saying they are apprentices in a tailoring workshop in the area.
While Oyedotun claimed he was arrested while taking his bath at the Ogun River, Azeez admitted seeing jerricans around the area any time he wakes up.
On his part, one of the pastors who identified himself as Nikuleyi Adesola, claimed he was arrested in the company of two female members of his church.
According to him, “I live in the church. I was with two of my members when NSCDC officials ordered us to come out. I do not know anything about the recovered jerricans or activities of vandals.”
Meanwhile, the commandant has said the suspects would be charged to court soon.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/09/two-pastors-28-others-nabbed-over-pipeline-vandalism/
Re: Two Pastors, 28 Others Nabbed Over Pipeline Vandalism by donpope1(m): 6:21am On Sep 02, 2013
Accomplice?how do you? When they have not be proclaim so by a court of law. It obvious that most of the arrested suspects are innocent, judging by their statement..

2 Likes

Re: Two Pastors, 28 Others Nabbed Over Pipeline Vandalism by segsxpendable(m): 6:40am On Sep 02, 2013
Judging by what i read,does are not even the real suspects...they av only arraigned inocent people

1 Like

Re: Two Pastors, 28 Others Nabbed Over Pipeline Vandalism by yunglykmine(m): 6:43am On Sep 02, 2013
Misleading... People arrested all denied their involvement.
They should next time do the investigations right before putting such out as a news but ThankGod they said "Suspected Vandals"
Re: Two Pastors, 28 Others Nabbed Over Pipeline Vandalism by babadem2much(m): 6:50am On Sep 02, 2013
judging by the post above, the NSDC boss is lookin promotion n recognition, dazz all
Re: Two Pastors, 28 Others Nabbed Over Pipeline Vandalism by Enegod(m): 7:21am On Sep 02, 2013
Etumgbe: But when it became apparent that the heat was too much for them, they abandoned the products and jumped into the river and escaped.
wtf! angry
Re: Two Pastors, 28 Others Nabbed Over Pipeline Vandalism by MrBendel(m): 5:02pm On Sep 02, 2013
my question to the security operatives: were the 30 suspects all in the canoe. and what if the canoe is needed as evidence in the court, how will it be presented since it has been burnt...hmmmm!!!1

1 Like

Re: Two Pastors, 28 Others Nabbed Over Pipeline Vandalism by Oyinprince(m): 5:03pm On Sep 02, 2013
make dem investigate properly nd not arrest innocent oga(s) at the top ,datz all
Re: Two Pastors, 28 Others Nabbed Over Pipeline Vandalism by Okijajuju1(m): 5:04pm On Sep 02, 2013
Etumgbe: By EVELYN USMAN
LAGOS — THIRTY suspected pipeline vandals, among them, two pastors and two teenagers were, weekend, arrested by officials of the Ogun State command of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps, NSCDC, in Isheri Olofin area of the state.
The suspects, according to the Commandant, Mr Akinwande Aboluwoye, were arrested after a shoot-out.
Recovered from the suspects, according to Aboluwoye, were canoes and 400 50-litre jerricans filled with siphoned petroleum product.
Parading the suspects, among whom were six women, the commandant explained that the feat was achieved following a tip off.
He said: “Immediately they sighted us, they opened fire, thereby leading to a gun battle. But when it became apparent that the heat was too much for them, they abandoned the products and jumped into the river and escaped. However, we were able to arrest their accomplices who reside in the area. We set the recovered canoes ablaze while surveillance has been intensified in that area.”.
However, when the teenagers, Michael Oyedotun(13) and Azeez Ajani(12) were quizzed, they denied their involvment, saying they are apprentices in a tailoring workshop in the area.
While Oyedotun claimed he was arrested while taking his bath at the Ogun River, Azeez admitted seeing jerricans around the area any time he wakes up.
On his part, one of the pastors who identified himself as Nikuleyi Adesola, claimed he was arrested in the company of two female members of his church.
According to him, “I live in the church. I was with two of my members when NSCDC officials ordered us to come out. I do not know anything about the recovered jerricans or activities of vandals.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/09/two-pastors-28-others-nabbed-over-pipeline-vandalism/

What kind of Pastors are these biko nu?!

Biodun just finished imparting 'his' holy spirit In liquid form into Ese, now another one has been caught with 2 honeys and Jerry Can siphoning Fuel.. angry

And I thought that Rev. King's matter was bad.. angry

3 Likes

Re: Two Pastors, 28 Others Nabbed Over Pipeline Vandalism by condralbede(m): 5:05pm On Sep 02, 2013
I dnt use to make this statement, bt I think in this very issue I hv to.....It's d sign of end time.
Re: Two Pastors, 28 Others Nabbed Over Pipeline Vandalism by wonlasewonimi: 5:05pm On Sep 02, 2013
they needed anointing oil.
Re: Two Pastors, 28 Others Nabbed Over Pipeline Vandalism by chei: 5:10pm On Sep 02, 2013
This news is upside down. I don't understand a thing! Journalists should start writing in pidgin so we could understand better.

1 Like

Re: Two Pastors, 28 Others Nabbed Over Pipeline Vandalism by AkinDavid2: 5:18pm On Sep 02, 2013
Etumgbe: By EVELYN USMAN

grin grin
Re: Two Pastors, 28 Others Nabbed Over Pipeline Vandalism by Nobody: 5:22pm On Sep 02, 2013
Free the men of God,they were just casting evil spirit out of the pipeline. Lmao pastors don join fast lane. Nigeria good morning
Re: Two Pastors, 28 Others Nabbed Over Pipeline Vandalism by expressdr84: 5:23pm On Sep 02, 2013
Okija_juju:

What kind of Pastors are these biko nu?!

Biodun just finished imparting 'his' holy spirit In liquid form into Ese, now another one has been caught with 2 honeys and Jerry Can siphoning Fuel.. angry

And I thought that Rev. King's matter was bad.. angry
Guy u no go kill me with laff for here. Always looking forward to ur post. Love the innuendos keep it coming bro
Re: Two Pastors, 28 Others Nabbed Over Pipeline Vandalism by Yoney007(f): 5:26pm On Sep 02, 2013
Take d power everywhere wit ur affordable smart charger 4 all ur smart devices like Blackberry,HTC,Iphone,Ipad,Samsung,Android. Add : 26C271CE for more info.
Re: Two Pastors, 28 Others Nabbed Over Pipeline Vandalism by theoctopus: 5:26pm On Sep 02, 2013
yunglykmine: Misleading... People arrested all denied their involvement.
They should next time do the investigations right before putting such out as a news but ThankGod they said "Suspected Vandals"

Where you expecting them to accept their involvement. What kind of people are on NL self
Re: Two Pastors, 28 Others Nabbed Over Pipeline Vandalism by Nobody: 5:30pm On Sep 02, 2013
*Dancing to this song*
"What's the website of NSCDC?"

grin

1 Like

Re: Two Pastors, 28 Others Nabbed Over Pipeline Vandalism by andyanders: 5:32pm On Sep 02, 2013
segs_xpendable: Judging by what i read,does are not even the real suspects...they av only arraigned inocent people
That is well said and the truth. Our law enforcement officers ant o make name out of innocent people. Too bad. They allowed the people to run away only to start arresting people residing within the area.
Re: Two Pastors, 28 Others Nabbed Over Pipeline Vandalism by Cuteclem: 5:35pm On Sep 02, 2013
shocked pastors and ignorant members (a church ) now oil thief's and vandals this could only mean one thing is E.T.T
Re: Two Pastors, 28 Others Nabbed Over Pipeline Vandalism by floxyluv283: 5:36pm On Sep 02, 2013
y innocent ppl all thru?
Re: Two Pastors, 28 Others Nabbed Over Pipeline Vandalism by picoba(m): 5:41pm On Sep 02, 2013
I think these are Nairaland's Pastors
Re: Two Pastors, 28 Others Nabbed Over Pipeline Vandalism by Cuteclem: 5:42pm On Sep 02, 2013
floxyluv283: y innocent ppl all thru?
because they are not innocent
Re: Two Pastors, 28 Others Nabbed Over Pipeline Vandalism by Cuteclem: 5:43pm On Sep 02, 2013
picoba: I think these are Nairaland's Pastors
grin
picoba: I think these are Nairaland's Pastors
Re: Two Pastors, 28 Others Nabbed Over Pipeline Vandalism by Slowvenom(m): 6:06pm On Sep 02, 2013
Y acus inocnt pple? nw pple will say somanytins cos psts are involve, 9ja Ekelebe bkful say d 2rud, arest d rit pple dnt 3ry 2 wok had wyl u r not working had.
Re: Two Pastors, 28 Others Nabbed Over Pipeline Vandalism by Nobody: 6:10pm On Sep 02, 2013
Wait... I did not know that oil is now part of the church business model. Hmmm.... taking notes.
Re: Two Pastors, 28 Others Nabbed Over Pipeline Vandalism by baynix(m): 6:34pm On Sep 02, 2013
DAYUMMMMMMN!!! Touch Not My Annointed!! grin grin
Re: Two Pastors, 28 Others Nabbed Over Pipeline Vandalism by hikmoj(m): 7:35pm On Sep 02, 2013
chiover: Free the men of God,they were just casting evil spirit out of the pipeline. Lmao pastors don join fast lane. Nigeria good morning
u &som oda N/Landas are needed in d movie industry,precisly comedy sector.
Re: Two Pastors, 28 Others Nabbed Over Pipeline Vandalism by kunlexy1759(m): 7:56pm On Sep 02, 2013
1. A thief will always denie his/her involvement @1st until well tortured.
2. Why would you, NSCDC burn d canoes while u can present it as exhibit?
3. Interogate d suspects very well, if dey r not d real suspect @ least dey will surely giv info d@ can help in d arrest of d culprits.
Re: Two Pastors, 28 Others Nabbed Over Pipeline Vandalism by mamdanju: 8:29pm On Sep 02, 2013
Every day you must hear criminal act or the other involving pastors. What is the world turning to?
Re: Two Pastors, 28 Others Nabbed Over Pipeline Vandalism by ceejay80s(m): 8:53pm On Sep 02, 2013
mamdanju: What is the world turning to?
MARS
Re: Two Pastors, 28 Others Nabbed Over Pipeline Vandalism by Lusola15: 10:39pm On Sep 02, 2013
*Its my first time

*I only took small fuel for my gen.

*They only said i should bring ten kegs and I did.

All na d same.

(1) (2) (Reply)

LAGOS - Africa's Model Mega-city / Former Senator, Sahabi Ya'u Kaura Spotted Kissing Woman In His Office. Pics/Vid / Imo: Panel recommends sacking of VCs, Rectors appointed by Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.