Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,834 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

What Do You Think About This Bible Verse? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do You Think About This Bible Verse? (2333 Views)

Christians,why Do You Always Ignore This Bible Verse / What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? / Pls Am Really Confused About This Bible Passage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: What Do You Think About This Bible Verse? by PastorAIO: 10:02am On Jan 26, 2010
bump
Re: What Do You Think About This Bible Verse? by KunleOshob(m): 10:43am On Jan 26, 2010
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven

It simply means that not all professing "christians" shall enter the kingdom of heaven. But then there is a caveat which Jesus said "but he that doeth the will of my father which is in heaven" This question goes to the very root of christian doctrine and the way churches are preaching the gospel today. They preach you just just "believe" in Jesus and your salvation is guaranteed. However as the above scripture imply, this is totally contrary to the teachings of Jesus as the way to get to heaven. He made it clear that it is he that does the will of his father. What then is the will of his father? In that same passage Jesus made this clear in verse 12 what the will of his father is which is also termed the "greatest commandment" it goes as follows: Matthew 7:12: “Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets. This teaching in mine opinion is the practical term of the teaching of christ which says we should "love our neighbours as we love our selves" In essence what i believe Jesus is emphaiszing in his statementthat it is more important to believe in his teachings and practicalize them than to believe he is lord contrary to the teachings we receive most churches today. The belief Jesus taught in the bible was belief in his teachings as a means to eternal life and not belief in his person.

Matthew 7:21:

21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Re: What Do You Think About This Bible Verse? by simplify: 12:45pm On Jan 26, 2010
simple, it is not only about confessing with your lips, but also believing in your heart (Romans 10:10)
anyone can talk
but to obey the Word of God is an entirely different thing
a hypocrite is something who says one thing and yet does another, too many of them around these days, most of the time i am also one of them. help me God to be sincere!

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Evils Of Sharia - From A Muslim Perspective / Female Pastors: Waht Is The Option During Your Period / Interesting epiphany on statue of liberty (USA)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.