Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,380 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:30 AM

ANAMBRA 2013: Okwu Faction Picks Another APGA Flag-bearer - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ANAMBRA 2013: Okwu Faction Picks Another APGA Flag-bearer (807 Views)

PDP Reps ‘ll Vote Dogara For Speaker – Okwu / Anyim Emerges APC Governorship Flag Bearer In Abia / Breaking!!! Umaru Fintiri Emerges PDP Flag Bearer. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ANAMBRA 2013: Okwu Faction Picks Another APGA Flag-bearer by Donchyke39(m): 7:57pm On Sep 02, 2013
The Maxi Okwu-led faction of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) on Monday in Awka chose Dr Chike Obidigbo as its candidate for the forthcoming Anambra governorship election.
Obidigbo was picked at a special congress of the faction, which was attended by no fewer than 450 delegates and where he was the sole aspirant in the race.
It will be recalled that Chief Willie Obiano had been picked on Aug. 26 as the party’s flagbearer by Chief Victor Umeh faction.
Speaking at Monday’s congress, Chief Chris Eze, Chairman of the faction’s Screening Committee, said the party had come out with “a most qualified and well-known candidate’’.
He said Obidigbo was returned unopposed with a score of 450 votes, and Okwu later handed the party’s flag to him.
Commending the delegates for their large turnout, Okwu expressed the confidence that the flagbearer would win the governorship election on Nov. 16 in the state.
“Obidigbo will take over the mantle from Gov. Peter Obi. It is my honour to present the flag to you to fly it high,’’ he said.
In his reaction, Obidigbo said APGA was one indivisible political party.
He however commended Gov. Peter Obi for “the good job he had done to lift the state to enviable heights’’.
The flagbearer urged the party faithful from various parts of the state to work harder to deliver the state to the party during the election.
“I will not disappoint you if you vote for me during the gubernatorial election on Nov. 16 to take over from Obi in 2014,’’ Obidigbo assured.(NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/09/anambra-2013-okwu-faction-picks-another-apga-flag-bearer/
Re: ANAMBRA 2013: Okwu Faction Picks Another APGA Flag-bearer by Nobody: 8:28pm On Sep 02, 2013
Orue na omume!!! I wonder why anambra politics is always full of so much drama.

Just party primaries are bringing out so much smoke.I wonder what will happen @ the elections proper.
Re: ANAMBRA 2013: Okwu Faction Picks Another APGA Flag-bearer by Nobody: 9:56pm On Sep 02, 2013
chukwudi44: Orue na omume!!! I wonder why anambra politics is always full of so much drama.

Just party primaries are bringing out so much smoke.I wonder what will happen @ the elections proper.

this is the consequence of lack of civility. Peter Obi is too greedy and he has fractured the party
Re: ANAMBRA 2013: Okwu Faction Picks Another APGA Flag-bearer by waternogetenemy: 10:01pm On Sep 02, 2013
It is all well and good. The youth wing of APGA leadership should conduct their own primaries. I am available to contest under the APGA banner. rubbish.

Soludo is all Anambra needs, to rebuild the state before moving on to federal level, rebuild an igbo party full of igbo best not traders.
Re: ANAMBRA 2013: Okwu Faction Picks Another APGA Flag-bearer by donjazet(m): 11:25pm On Sep 02, 2013
I am currently in d cemetry where apga has been buried. I can't jst stop crying for d death party which was meant to be for d igbos. Chei
Re: ANAMBRA 2013: Okwu Faction Picks Another APGA Flag-bearer by sasview: 11:45pm On Sep 02, 2013
Like the new trend is to "factionize" everything, let's factionize nairaland now. If you join this faction your post will always hit front page.
Re: ANAMBRA 2013: Okwu Faction Picks Another APGA Flag-bearer by aikaymartins: 12:56am On Sep 03, 2013
WE SAY NO TO IMPOSITION OF A
CANDIDATE , mr willy obiano as i was made
to understand
today is not the authentic apga candidate,
he and his cohorts has ganged up to select a
weakling as apga candidate for the
forthcoming election to ensure that our
great party apga will loose in the election,
this has been master minded to ensure that
power does not come to the people of
anambra north, following the primary
conducted by the authentic apga chairman
and members of the national executive in
Awka yesterday, dr chike Obidigbo emerged
as the flag bearer of apga, he is the peoples
choice and we are solidly behind him
Re: ANAMBRA 2013: Okwu Faction Picks Another APGA Flag-bearer by Chitexs250(m): 1:21am On Sep 03, 2013
Nairalanders with funny attitude first it was

How does this affect the price of Garri

Like say that one no do
Una enter Tonto dike with front page things

Like say e no reach
Una start first to comment

Like say that no reign
Una enter Oga at the top

We Come think say e don dey end
Beverly Osu matter come show

This time now any little thing
End time things

Nairalanders Una too much Mehn

grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Tonye Princewill Speaks On Jonathan-amaechi Feud by JONAH OKPABI / -- / Ngige Asked To Withdraw Over Alleged Looting Of Local Govt Accounts. By Ekunie N

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.