Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,384 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

Breaking!!! Umaru Fintiri Emerges PDP Flag Bearer. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking!!! Umaru Fintiri Emerges PDP Flag Bearer. (17138 Views)

Fintiri Spends N22bn In 86 Days As Governor – APM / 2015: Only God Will Decide My Fate —fintiri / Gulak, Ribadu Carpet Fintiri For Joining Adamawa Governorship Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking!!! Umaru Fintiri Emerges PDP Flag Bearer. by dtruth3(m): 6:24am On Sep 07, 2014
Fintiri emerges PDP flag bearer after the PDP primaries, with about six hundred(600) votes
source_ "my Insider in the Hall"

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breaking!!! Umaru Fintiri Emerges PDP Flag Bearer. by gede7744(f): 6:29am On Sep 07, 2014
politics! u will get what u want so far u know d right buttons to press

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking!!! Umaru Fintiri Emerges PDP Flag Bearer. by bright007(f): 6:39am On Sep 07, 2014
who is your insider
Re: Breaking!!! Umaru Fintiri Emerges PDP Flag Bearer. by dtruth3(m): 7:08am On Sep 07, 2014
bright007: who is your insider

and why will i tell you that?

or, is the insider more important to you than the news?

well, don't worry, in no distant time, the news wil be spread all over some of our "useless" Nigeria media.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking!!! Umaru Fintiri Emerges PDP Flag Bearer. by lekanolas: 7:12am On Sep 07, 2014
Re: Breaking!!! Umaru Fintiri Emerges PDP Flag Bearer. by Nobody: 7:17am On Sep 07, 2014
It's so unfortunate that the PDP is not a party to trust. It is so immoral for a Speaker to oust a Governor and then run for the Governor's seat. The people of Adamawa should reject the acting Gov at the poll otherwise, it will be a case of Sheer incompetency and absolute failure. Whoever assume that Fintiri won't run in 2015 is a big joke(shd he win the byelection).

27 Likes

Re: Breaking!!! Umaru Fintiri Emerges PDP Flag Bearer. by dtruth3(m): 7:18am On Sep 07, 2014
@nekanolas, thanks for giving us the first useless Nigeria media.
Re: Breaking!!! Umaru Fintiri Emerges PDP Flag Bearer. by dtruth3(m): 7:21am On Sep 07, 2014
[quote
author=barcanista]It's so unfortunate that the PDP is not a party to
trust. It is so immoral for a Speaker to oust a Governor and then run
for the Governor's seat. The people of Adamawa should reject the acting
Gov at the poll otherwise, it will be a case of Sheer incompetency and
absolute failure. Whoever assume that Fintiri won't run in 2015 is a big
joke(shd he win the byelection).[/quote]

i can assure u that Fintiri wiil not run come 2015, contrary to what people think; PDP is more organised now than ever before.

Ribadu for 2015!

6 Likes

Re: Breaking!!! Umaru Fintiri Emerges PDP Flag Bearer. by sinceden2: 7:23am On Sep 07, 2014
I feel Ribadu has reduced himself to nothing. Where will he go again definitely not back to APC. That guy seem inconsistent

14 Likes

Re: Breaking!!! Umaru Fintiri Emerges PDP Flag Bearer. by Jesusloveyou: 7:27am On Sep 07, 2014
Reward for 'playing d bad boy'in d game.marwa would have emerge apc consensus.too bad for marwa,

2 Likes

Re: Breaking!!! Umaru Fintiri Emerges PDP Flag Bearer. by seunmsg(m): 7:28am On Sep 07, 2014
So PDP sacrificed Ribadu for Fintiri? Why is it so difficult for PDP to always put their best candidate forward? Anyway, good luck to the people of Adamawa state who will bear the consequences of having another incompetent governor.

9 Likes

Re: Breaking!!! Umaru Fintiri Emerges PDP Flag Bearer. by Nobody: 7:29am On Sep 07, 2014
dtruth3:

i can assure u that Fintiri wiil not run come 2015, contrary to what people think; PDP is more organised now than ever before.

Ribadu for 2015!
Chief when Ribadu was in APC, your Party told him to decamp and be the flagbearer. He decamped, your party is now saying he shd "wait" till 2015... Your party is not known to honor Gentleman agreement. Pls spare us the sermon Sir

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking!!! Umaru Fintiri Emerges PDP Flag Bearer. by stlarry001(m): 7:30am On Sep 07, 2014
PDP always putting the wrong foot at the Right time. Good luck to him all the same

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking!!! Umaru Fintiri Emerges PDP Flag Bearer. by Nobody: 7:32am On Sep 07, 2014
seunmsg: So PDP sacrificed Ribadu for Fintiri? Why is it so difficult for PDP to always put their best candidate forward? Anyway, good luck to the people of Adamawa state who will bear the consequences of having another incompetent governor.
Do you know how much money exchanged hands? As long as you dip your hands into State's funds and give to Party Chieftains you are good to go in the PDP

5 Likes

Re: Breaking!!! Umaru Fintiri Emerges PDP Flag Bearer. by phlemzy: 7:32am On Sep 07, 2014
Politics can be crazy sha..is dis not the same Fintiri dat was initially said not to be eligible for the contest going by what Gulak said is in the constitution.Now it has to bend.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking!!! Umaru Fintiri Emerges PDP Flag Bearer. by Tolexander: 7:33am On Sep 07, 2014
sinceden2: I feel Ribadu has reduced himself to nothing. Where will he go again definitely not back to APC. That guy seem inconsistent
exactly my thought while reading that he stepped down from the bye election.

The duration is just for 6 months and there is going to be an election in 2015. This is still understandable for a reason to back out by Ribadu

The problem now is if Fintiri emerges as the winner of the bye election, won't he defile all means to contest the election in 2015 against the agreement which is to allow him to finish Nyako's tenure. Considering the fact that most Africans won't always want to vacate a position of power after tasting it.

Fintiri was made the acting governor, now he wants to continue.
Obasanjo, after the second term was still lobbying for the third term.
Goodluck Jonathan after 'allegedly' agreeing to serve only a first term still jostiling for the second term with his body language.

All in PDP!

14 Likes

Re: Breaking!!! Umaru Fintiri Emerges PDP Flag Bearer. by Nobody: 7:34am On Sep 07, 2014
Jesusloveyou: Reward for 'playing d bad boy'in d game.marwa would have emerge apc consensus.too bad for marwa,
Marwa paid for being impatient. Ribadu is a typical case of "A bird at hand is worth more than 10 birds in the bush"

1 Like

Re: Breaking!!! Umaru Fintiri Emerges PDP Flag Bearer. by vedd: 7:36am On Sep 07, 2014
He will lose

3 Likes

Re: Breaking!!! Umaru Fintiri Emerges PDP Flag Bearer. by Nobody: 7:38am On Sep 07, 2014
Tolexander: exactly my thought while reading that he stepped down from the bye election.

The duration is just for 6 months and there is going to be an election in 2015.

The problem now is if Fintiri emerges as the winner of the bye election, won't he defile all means to contest the election in 2015 considering the fact that most African's won't always want to vacate a position of power after tasting it.

Fintiri was made the acting governor, now he wants to continue.
Obasanjo, after the second term was still lobbying for the third term.
Goodluck Jonathan after 'allegedly' agreeing to serve only a first term still jostiling for the second term with his body language.

All in PDP!
Fintiri will definitely run in 2015 and will emerge PDP's flagbearer. Let me assure you that PDP Chieftains don't care about someone called Ribadu or Marwa, they are only interested in the Millions Fintiri will be allowing to flow in2 their pockets evry month. PdP do NOT joke with their incumbents and 2015 they will want to use him to win Adamawa(though unsuccessfully)

9 Likes

Re: Breaking!!! Umaru Fintiri Emerges PDP Flag Bearer. by phlemzy: 7:41am On Sep 07, 2014
barcanista: Marwa paid for being impatient. Ribadu is a typical case of "A bird at hand is worth more than 10 birds in the bush"
Going by the info at our disposal,Ribadu,Marwa and others stepped down so dat they can be eligible to contest for a full tenure comes 2015. It is expected dat Fintiri(if he wins) should pack his baggage when dis tenure runs out.

6 Likes

Re: Breaking!!! Umaru Fintiri Emerges PDP Flag Bearer. by Nobody: 7:47am On Sep 07, 2014
I folloe APC because of Ribadu, he realy fall my hand...2015 for fintiri, willl be like 2011 for Jonathan, He will beg for just only one tenure...after that "I didn't tell anyone am not going for 2nd term"

Fintiri till 2023

6 Likes

Re: Breaking!!! Umaru Fintiri Emerges PDP Flag Bearer. by Adindupeter: 7:48am On Sep 07, 2014
Shouldn't you APC rats be more concerned about your party flag bearer?. You think PDP is APC where consensus takes the place of primaries?. Ribadu knows what's best for him so stop crying more than the bereaved.

19 Likes

Re: Breaking!!! Umaru Fintiri Emerges PDP Flag Bearer. by dtruth3(m): 7:53am On Sep 07, 2014
[quote
author=barcanista]Chief when Ribadu was in APC, your Party told him to
decamp and be the flagbearer. He decamped, your party is now saying he
shd "wait" till 2015... Your party is not known to honor Gentleman
agreement. Pls spare us the sermon Sir[/quote]

i would not argue much with u on the issue of honoring a gentleman agreement, but like i said, PDP is more organised now than ever before.

4 Likes

Re: Breaking!!! Umaru Fintiri Emerges PDP Flag Bearer. by seunmsg(m): 8:05am On Sep 07, 2014
phlemzy: Going by the info at our disposal,Ribadu,Marwa and others stepped down so dat they can be eligible to contest for a full tenure comes 2015. It is expected dat Fintiri(if he wins) should pack his baggage when dis tenure runs out.

And you sincerely think Fintiri will go away in 2015 after just 7 months as governor? Let's get serious here, GEJ begged for just a term in 2011 and he promised the Northern governors forum that he won't seek a second term. After over 5 years as president, GEJ is still desperate for another four years. So tell me, why will Fintiri voluntarily leave office after just 7 months? Like GEJ like Fintiri, both will break the promise they made and contest in 2015.

13 Likes

Re: Breaking!!! Umaru Fintiri Emerges PDP Flag Bearer. by Nobody: 8:12am On Sep 07, 2014
APC attack dogs, crying more than the bereaved since 1884. Are you guys more intelligent than Ribadu and Marwa? Playing real politics on ground is very different from sitting behind the laptop and ranting online all day.

Meanwhile, no one knew who would win the PDP primary until the ballot was cast and results was out. That is the BEAUTY of democracy, which is lacking in the Aggrieved People's Congress where the party's candidate for Lagos gubernatorial elections in 2015 has already been anointed by the godfather and chieflooter himself, Jagaban.

19 Likes

Re: Breaking!!! Umaru Fintiri Emerges PDP Flag Bearer. by ndufrank: 8:24am On Sep 07, 2014
barcanista: It's so unfortunate that the PDP is not a party to trust. It is so immoral for a Speaker to oust a Governor and then run for the Governor's seat. The people of Adamawa should reject the acting Gov at the poll otherwise, it will be a case of Sheer incompetency and absolute failure. Whoever assume that Fintiri won't run in 2015 is a big joke(shd he win the byelection).
Seen, you can now go and die. Fintiri till GEJ's relection! Fresh air till 2019 fresh water forever.

11 Likes

Re: Breaking!!! Umaru Fintiri Emerges PDP Flag Bearer. by Desric(m): 8:26am On Sep 07, 2014
dtruth3:

Ribadu for 2015!
In your dreams right? Is it not the same situation that is causing all the political rancour in our country today? My dear in Nigerian politics, there are no gentleman agreements whatsoever.

If Fintiri is not allowed to run by 2015, then, the PDP would have shown in a very clear term that they are the main problem that we have as a Nation because they know the right thing to do but usually chooses to do otherwise; otherwise all the call, outcry and clamour for GEJ to run again is just wickedness and sheer hypocrisy on the part of whom ever is making it, knowing fully well that there was a gentleman agreement he entered into which brought him to power, and as a gentleman, an agreement should be an agreement and should be honoured also as such.

Nevertheless, I suspect that Fintiri will contest come 2015 and maybe will also ask his then opposition likewise to show him evidence of the agreement and also where it is constitutionally wrong as a matter of fact for him to exercise his constitutional right because by then, morals will be thrown to the wind and what will matter most will be as usual to grab power by any means possible no matter whose ox will be goad. " A snake will always reproduce it's type, like father like son" as it is the stock in trade for the PDP; as they say, show me thy friend and I'll tell you who you are, in this case, show me your political party and I'll tell you what to expect. Goodluck to them anyway.

1 Like

Re: Breaking!!! Umaru Fintiri Emerges PDP Flag Bearer. by Chubhie: 8:57am On Sep 07, 2014
sinceden2: I feel Ribadu has reduced himself to nothing. Where will he go again definitely not back to APC. That guy seem inconsistent
He may well be offered some juicy portfolios. PDP is one big happy family and there seems more than enough to go round save you are greedy and not contented with a piece of the pie but want the whole cake just like the men in APC.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking!!! Umaru Fintiri Emerges PDP Flag Bearer. by Desric(m): 8:57am On Sep 07, 2014
Sincere9gerian: APC attack dogs, crying more than the bereaved since 1884. Are you guys more intelligent than Ribadu and Marwa? Playing real politics on ground is very different from sitting behind the laptop and ranting online all day.

[b]Meanwhile, no one knew who would win the PDP primary until the ballot was cast and results was out. That is the BEAUTY of democracy, [/b]which is lacking in the Aggrieved People's Congress where the party's candidate for Lagos gubernatorial elections in 2015 has already been anointed by the godfather and chieflooter himself, Jagaban.
With this, it's very obvious to conclude that:
1. You are not a politician
2. You don't know a thing about party politics in Nigeria and or
3. You are not an ardent follower of Nigerian politics or you are not being smart enough to follow the trend in our political history or you are simply a hypocrite; Otherwise, you GEJ followers usually brag that it is difficult if not almost impossible for an incumbent to lose in the primary election of his party so what are you surprised about or is it not the same horse that your Oga at the top rode on her back to get to his present status today? so why are you sounding very naive and ignorant about the whole process please wake up and embrace patriotism for you are the picture of the world you intend to see. Be wise!

10 Likes

Re: Breaking!!! Umaru Fintiri Emerges PDP Flag Bearer. by manmade(m): 9:03am On Sep 07, 2014
barcanista: Chief when Ribadu was in APC, your Party told him to decamp and be the flagbearer. He decamped, your party is now saying he shd "wait" till 2015... Your party is not known to honor Gentleman agreement. Pls spare us the sermon Sir
is ribadu complaining ?,don't take drugs for someone else ailment.

1 Like

Re: Breaking!!! Umaru Fintiri Emerges PDP Flag Bearer. by phlemzy: 9:05am On Sep 07, 2014
seunmsg:
And you sincerely think Fintiri will go away in 2015 after just 7 months as governor? Like GEJ like Fintiri
Re: Breaking!!! Umaru Fintiri Emerges PDP Flag Bearer. by Desric(m): 9:05am On Sep 07, 2014
Chubhie: He may well be offered some juicy portfolios. PDP is one big happy family and there seems more than enough to go round save you are greedy and not contented with a piece of the pie but want the whole cake just like the men in APC.
Read yourself again and tell yourself that you've made any sense; will you be proud to tell your kids that this is what their beloved father wrote and preach and support and expect them to be proud of you? So if it's merry go round as you claim, which year and what millennium will it get to you? No wonder Nigerians keep get the dividends of their democracy only in the media. May God help us "Suffering and Smiling".

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obasanjo To Buhari: Banditry Is Happening At Your Backyard / APC May Lose Due To Tinubu’s Bloopers On Quran & Buhari’s Indifference - Jaafar / See The Restriction Of Movement Issued By The Police On The Election Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.