Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,802 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Why Did The Bantu's Migrate From Eastern Nigeria To Central And Southern Africa? - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Did The Bantu's Migrate From Eastern Nigeria To Central And Southern Africa? (31481 Views)

The Bantu people descended from the Igbos of Nigeria: / Origin Of The Bantu Peoples: Eastern Nigeria/Western Cameroun? / Town Or Clan Whose Original Dialect Is Closer To Central Igbo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did The Bantu's Migrate From Eastern Nigeria To Central And Southern Africa? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Oct 02, 2013
You don't jump into a debate by labelling someone a coon. And where did I say, "Igbo's aren't Bantu's" in my posts? It shows you don't pay attention to details, you just jump everywhere like a kangaroo. Get a life! undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Did The Bantu's Migrate From Eastern Nigeria To Central And Southern Africa? by morpheus24: 9:41pm On Oct 02, 2013
shymexx: You don't jump into a debate by labelling someone a coon. And where did I say, "Igbo's aren't Bantu's" in my posts? It shows you don't pay attention to details, you just jump everywhere like a kangaroo. Get a life! undecided

1st Clarification......"coon" as in carlton coon..so called 18th century scientist who categorizes people based on looks and less on genetic similarity.

2nd clarification..... I believe I was actually the first or second responder to this post stating how your initial premise was incorrect on reasons for migration patterns of bantu

3rd clarification.....you stated several groups in Nigeria including Ijaw, ibibio and igbo were Bantu because you simply couldn't use just linguistics to seperate the two groups but added that genetic similarities drew that conclusion in association with similar "looks. You were pointed to the fact that a variety of NON bantu groups extending all the way to senegal carry similar Ydna and are different in looks from identified bantu groups.

Where are you drawing the correlation from then?
Re: Why Did The Bantu's Migrate From Eastern Nigeria To Central And Southern Africa? by Nobody: 10:50pm On Oct 02, 2013
Fulaman198:

Well as aforementioned I view all West African languages as having a common ancestor. It would not surprise me that we were once all the same. Also, I do not let Westerners brainwash me with the inferiority/superiority complex. If anything, whenever I speak to a Westerner about Africa, when they talk about North Africa and Ancient Egypt, I put them in their place. The French especially are the most racist when it comes to who ancient Egyptians were.

Did you see the sculpture they made?

what sculpture
Re: Why Did The Bantu's Migrate From Eastern Nigeria To Central And Southern Africa? by Nobody: 11:50pm On Oct 02, 2013
Black Kenichi:
My mistake! There's a few Igbo in Eq Guinea only. They have such an influence that Igbo is an official language in Eq Guinea. Also I never mentioned anything about The Igbo and Fang being related!
igbo is not an official language in equatorial guinea, stop peddling lies, igbo is not an official language in Nigeria and u think it will b the case in another country, where they ain't even indigenous?
Re: Why Did The Bantu's Migrate From Eastern Nigeria To Central And Southern Africa? by BlackKenichi(m): 12:04am On Oct 03, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: igbo is not an official language in equatorial guinea, stop peddling lies, igbo is not an official language in Nigeria and u think it will b the case in another country, where they ain't even indigenous?
My mistake. Still, the Igbo aren't bantu. There will never be any type of bantu nationalism or unity!
Re: Why Did The Bantu's Migrate From Eastern Nigeria To Central And Southern Africa? by Nobody: 12:28am On Oct 03, 2013
Black Kenichi:
My mistake. Still, the Igbo aren't bantu. There will never be any type of bantu nationalism or unity!
what does it have to do with my Post?
Re: Why Did The Bantu's Migrate From Eastern Nigeria To Central And Southern Africa? by Nobody: 12:31am On Oct 03, 2013
Anyway .tomorrow it is the east African confederation, next time it will b the south African confederation, then central. wink the Ekang people are more than United. cool

2 Likes

Re: Why Did The Bantu's Migrate From Eastern Nigeria To Central And Southern Africa? by onila(f): 12:38am On Oct 03, 2013
Black Kenichi:
cool cool
Re: Why Did The Bantu's Migrate From Eastern Nigeria To Central And Southern Africa? by alanmwene: 12:52am On Oct 03, 2013
Black Kenichi:
Why should igbos be bantus?This thread isn't about igbos,its about bantus expansion!When it comes to Africa`s history,igbos are totally irrelevant.Lets focus on a great race and not on some local champs!

3 Likes

Re: Why Did The Bantu's Migrate From Eastern Nigeria To Central And Southern Africa? by onila(f): 12:59am On Oct 03, 2013
alanmwene:
Why should igbos be bantus?This thread isn't about igbos,its about bantus expansion!When it comes to Africa`s history,igbos are totally irrelevant.Lets focus on a great race and not on some local champs!

igbos are the most successful ethnic group in Africa

best believe that

1 Like

Re: Why Did The Bantu's Migrate From Eastern Nigeria To Central And Southern Africa? by BlackKenichi(m): 1:02am On Oct 03, 2013
alanmwene:
Tell that to the OP and CAMEROONPRIDE. They are the ones that think Igbo are bantu.
Re: Why Did The Bantu's Migrate From Eastern Nigeria To Central And Southern Africa? by Nobody: 1:05am On Oct 03, 2013
onila:

best believe that
ah ah ah rolling on the floor..people who weren't even able to leave their enclave prior the white man ? Where else do u find indigenous igbo if not Se Nigeria?
Re: Why Did The Bantu's Migrate From Eastern Nigeria To Central And Southern Africa? by Nobody: 1:05am On Oct 03, 2013
Black Kenichi:
Tell that to the OP and CAMEROONPRIDE. They are the ones that think Igbo are bantu.
lol I do that to piss igbo esp Onila.
Re: Why Did The Bantu's Migrate From Eastern Nigeria To Central And Southern Africa? by BlackKenichi(m): 1:10am On Oct 03, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: ah ah ah rolling on the floor..people who weren't even able to leave their enclave prior the white man ? Where else do u find indigenous igbo if not Se Nigeria?
The same can be said about most bantu ethnic groups.
Re: Why Did The Bantu's Migrate From Eastern Nigeria To Central And Southern Africa? by onila(f): 1:11am On Oct 03, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: ah ah ah rolling on the floor..people who weren't even able to leave their enclave prior the white man ? Where else do u find indigenous igbo if not Se Nigeria?

the father of the internet is an igbo man
the father of African literature is an igbo man
Re: Why Did The Bantu's Migrate From Eastern Nigeria To Central And Southern Africa? by Nobody: 1:13am On Oct 03, 2013
onila:

the father of the internet is an igbo man
the father of African literature is an igbo man
ah ah u got jokes .
Re: Why Did The Bantu's Migrate From Eastern Nigeria To Central And Southern Africa? by onila(f): 1:15am On Oct 03, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: ah ah u got jokes .
yea jokes

how ironic! coming from a guy that comes from an insignificant unknown ethnic group in Africa

know yr level, every shoe get size
Re: Why Did The Bantu's Migrate From Eastern Nigeria To Central And Southern Africa? by Nobody: 1:17am On Oct 03, 2013
Black Kenichi:
The same can be said about most bantu ethnic groups.
U ain't making sense here , Bantu is not an ethnic group but a group of ethnicity.

How come the powerful Igbo couldn't extend their territory? grin grin comparing the Bantu race with igbo is laughable there's no match and it is not even far .
Re: Why Did The Bantu's Migrate From Eastern Nigeria To Central And Southern Africa? by onila(f): 1:20am On Oct 03, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:
U ain't making sense here , Bantu is not an ethnic group but a group of ethnicity.

How come the powerful Igbo couldn't extend their territory? grin grin comparing the Bantu race with igbo is laughable there's no match and it is not even far .

I was referring to yr tribe not some senseless bantu group or whatever
Re: Why Did The Bantu's Migrate From Eastern Nigeria To Central And Southern Africa? by BlackKenichi(m): 1:21am On Oct 03, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

Please re-read what I wrote. I said Bantu ethnic groups. Emphasis on the "s" at the end of the word "groups".
The bantu are only unified by related languages.
Re: Why Did The Bantu's Migrate From Eastern Nigeria To Central And Southern Africa? by Nobody: 1:21am On Oct 03, 2013
onila: yea jokes

how ironic! coming from a guy that comes from an insignificant unknown ethnic group in Africa

know yr level, every shoe get size
My friend take a chill pill .and tell me more about how Igbo are the most successful tribe in Africa ah ah still on the floor. Well igbo are known because of two things
1) they constantly go in people land, they can stay home, maybe u can tell me why.
2) size .u can't compare an ethnicity of les than 10M. people with one of more than 30M dumb azz

Will b waiting for ur next idiotic comment

1 Like

Re: Why Did The Bantu's Migrate From Eastern Nigeria To Central And Southern Africa? by Nobody: 1:23am On Oct 03, 2013
Black Kenichi:

Please re-read what I wrote. I said Bantu ethnic groups. Emphasis on the "s" at the end of the word "groups".
The bantu are only unified by related languages.
still doesnt make most as in ? Bantu are over 400.000.000 today distributed in more than 2000 ethnicity so the ones that are less powerful , successful or couldn't leave their enclave is because of size or where overshadowed by others Bantu groups
Re: Why Did The Bantu's Migrate From Eastern Nigeria To Central And Southern Africa? by alanmwene: 1:25am On Oct 03, 2013
onila:

best believe that
Hehehe!So what did they achieved in their history?Stop believing your own hype!Dyu know the saying "empty bins are always......."?
Re: Why Did The Bantu's Migrate From Eastern Nigeria To Central And Southern Africa? by Nobody: 1:26am On Oct 03, 2013
onila:

I was referring to yr tribe not some senseless bantu group or whatever

my tribe is doing more than fine where we are , we ain't marginalized in our countries and are not getting killed at every corner of the world. Igbos are actually leading African in death penalty .very successful I tell u . cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Why Did The Bantu's Migrate From Eastern Nigeria To Central And Southern Africa? by onila(f): 1:29am On Oct 03, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: my tribe is doing more than fine where we are , we ain't marginalized in our countries and are not getting killed at every corner of the world. Igbos are actually leading African in death penalty .very successful I tell u . cheesy grin

Igbos are the most Achivers in Africa.

The inventor of the internet, Phillip Emeagwali,
Ndi Igbo have:

Produced Nigeria's first president (Zik)

Produced some of Africa's best literature ever (Things Fall Apart) that is world famous

Were the first in all of Sub-saharan Africa to perfect bronze metalworking (Igbo-Ukwu)

Have a unique form of democracy in the region that is only shared by the Ewe of Ghana

Are considered the "brains" of Nigeria

Lead the way in the movie department (Nollywood)

Are by far Nigeria's best and brightest business people

Fought valiantly against the oppressive and genocidal forces of Nigeria and were only subdued due to foreign intervention

Produced one of the main candidates for the position of the Pope (Francis Cardinal Arinze)

Were the first to provide a firsthand account of the trans-Atlantic slave trade (Equiano)

Produced the first female fianance minister of Nigeria (Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala)

Produced some of Africa's best football players (Kanu, Okocha, etc).
Alex Ifeanyichukwu Ekwueme, Second Republic Vice President of Nigeria
Emeka Ojukwu, The President of the defunct Republic of Biafra
P.N. Okeke-Ojiudu, Nigerian Politician and Businessman
Cardinal Francis Arinze, Roman Catholic Cardinal
Re: Why Did The Bantu's Migrate From Eastern Nigeria To Central And Southern Africa? by onila(f): 1:29am On Oct 03, 2013
Cyprian Michael Iwene Tansi, Priest and Beatified Christian Monk
Dr. Pius Okigbo, Distinguished economist
Philip Njoku Emeagwali, Computer scientist
Dr Chuba Okadigbo, Former Senate President of Nigeria
Christopher Okigbo, Poet
Charles C.Soludo, CBN Governor .
Pats Acholonu - Supreme Court Justice
Sir C. Chukwu - first Nigerian airplane pilot
Donatus Ibeakwadalam Nwoga - philosopher
Patrick Ibeakamma Acholonu Igwe X of Orlu - senator and Eze of Orlu
Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala - first female Finance Minister; Foreign Minister; former Vice President of the World Bank
Damian Anyanwu - inventor and diplomat
Sam Mbakwe - former governor
Christina Anyanwu - journalist and senator
Obianuju Catherine Acholonu - writer
Michael Echeruo - poet and scholar
Adiele E. Afigbo - history professor
Chikezie V. Uchendu - classical anthropologist
Onyeka Onwenu - singer, journalist, actress, humanist
Felicia Ekejiuba - academic
Sylvester Ugoh - Governor of the Bank of Biafra; Former Minister of Science and Technology
Augustine Njoku-Obi - developer of cholera vaccine
Genevieve Nnaji - Nollywood actress
Ezekiel Izuogu - scientist and inventor of the first automobile of indigenous all-African technology, the Z-600
Chika Sylva-Olejeme - President of the International Peace Institute
Collins E. Ijoma - First African and youngest person to obtain position of Trial Court Administrator in the USA.
Francis Arthur Nzeribe - senator and businessman
Re: Why Did The Bantu's Migrate From Eastern Nigeria To Central And Southern Africa? by onila(f): 1:31am On Oct 03, 2013
known to be entrepreneurs of Africa
Re: Why Did The Bantu's Migrate From Eastern Nigeria To Central And Southern Africa? by Nobody: 1:32am On Oct 03, 2013
Is that all all I see here is Nigeria Nigeria

Besides Philip emegwal is a fraud.
onila:

Igbos are the most Achivers in Africa.

The inventor of the internet, Phillip Emeagwali,
Ndi Igbo have:

Produced Nigeria's first president (Zik)

Produced some of Africa's best literature ever (Things Fall Apart) that is world famous

Were the first in all of Sub-saharan Africa to perfect bronze metalworking (Igbo-Ukwu)

Have a unique form of democracy in the region that is only shared by the Ewe of Ghana

Are considered the "brains" of Nigeria

Lead the way in the movie department (Nollywood)

Are by far Nigeria's best and brightest business people

Fought valiantly against the oppressive and genocidal forces of Nigeria and were only subdued due to foreign intervention

Produced one of the main candidates for the position of the Pope (Francis Cardinal Arinze)

Were the first to provide a firsthand account of the trans-Atlantic slave trade (Equiano)

Produced the first female fianance minister of Nigeria (Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala)

Produced some of Africa's best football players (Kanu, Okocha, etc).
Alex Ifeanyichukwu Ekwueme, Second Republic Vice President of Nigeria
Emeka Ojukwu, The President of the defunct Republic of Biafra
P.N. Okeke-Ojiudu, Nigerian Politician and Businessman
Cardinal Francis Arinze, Roman Catholic Cardinal
Useless

3 Likes

Re: Why Did The Bantu's Migrate From Eastern Nigeria To Central And Southern Africa? by Nobody: 1:33am On Oct 03, 2013
U are funny I swear ..so igbo are the only poet? Governor? Etc ah ah
onila: Cyprian Michael Iwene Tansi, Priest and Beatified Christian Monk
Christopher Okigbo, Poet
Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala - first female Finance Minister; Foreign Minister; former Vice President of the World Bank
Sylvester Ugoh - Governor of the Bank of Biafra; Former Minister of Science and Technology
Ezekiel Izuogu - scientist and inventor of the first automobile of indigenous all-African technology, the Z-600
Collins E. Ijoma - First African and youngest person to obtain position of Trial Court Administrator in the USA.

1 Like

Re: Why Did The Bantu's Migrate From Eastern Nigeria To Central And Southern Africa? by onila(f): 1:34am On Oct 03, 2013
igbo girls, the best black women ever

hard-working, very strong n beautiful
Re: Why Did The Bantu's Migrate From Eastern Nigeria To Central And Southern Africa? by Nobody: 1:34am On Oct 03, 2013
onila: known to be entrepreneurs of Africa
known. By who?
I will give that to Hausa , and Senegalese( don't know the tribe)
Re: Why Did The Bantu's Migrate From Eastern Nigeria To Central And Southern Africa? by alanmwene: 1:35am On Oct 03, 2013
onila: Cyprian Michael Iwene Tansi, Priest and Beatified Christian Monk
Christopher Okigbo, Poet
Who are these people?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King / Muslims And Egungun Masquerade Clash In Osogbo (Video) / Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.