Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,808 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:03 AM

Man Jumps Into Well, Demands N100,000 From Yar’adua - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Man Jumps Into Well, Demands N100,000 From Yar’adua (7116 Views)

Man Jumps Into Lagos Canal And Drowns / PDP Chieftain Abandons Agbada, Jumps Fence Evading Arrest / Jonathan Visits Late Yar’Adua’s Family & Emir Of Katsina During Rally (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Jumps Into Well, Demands N100,000 From Yar’adua by Mustay(m): 2:09pm On Jun 14, 2008
I don't know if this should be in CRIME, Jokes or health!
But since Yar'Adua is there, it's quite right here.

The Saturday punch
Man jumps into well, demands N100,000 from Yar’Adua

By Agency Reporter

Published: Saturday, 14 Jun 2008

Residents of Lugbe in the Federal Capital Territory witnessed a mild drama on Friday as a middle age man, Denis Onah, demanded a N100,000 ransom from President Umaru Yar’Adua, before agreeing to come out of a well.

Onah had jumped into the well at 5p.m on Wednesday and lived inside it until today when he was cleverly rescued. Eye witnesses told the News Agency of Nigeria that he had threatened not to come out until Yar’Adua made the payment to him.
[b]
NAN learnt that all entreaties to rescue Onah, also known as Ibu, from the well fell on deaf ears as he insisted on the payment of the ransom. An official of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps at the scene, who preferred anonymity, said the rescue team included the Federal Fire Service and the Nigeria Police.[/b]He said the rescue effort was made more difficult by the fact that the “protesting” man was armed with a knife. He said, “The man threatened to stab anyone who attempted to enter the well to rescue him.”

He said on several occasions, a rope was lowered into the well for the man to climb out, only for him to cut it with his knife. However, shouts of jubilation rented the air, as the man was finally brought out of the well, after a gruelling negotiation session spearheaded by his close friend.

His exit from the well did not come until his friend, Isa Israel, joined him inside the well, to tidy up the negotiation. Israel said, “I went into the well and saw that he had the knife in his pocket. I told him that my new cellphone had fallen into the well. I pleaded with him to help search for the telephone in the water. As he bent down, I took the knife from his pocket.”

Israel, who said he had known Onah for four years as a good carpenter, explained that he never showed any sign of mental sickness.

A Police officer at a Lugbe Police Post, who did not want to be named, said the incident was being investigated.
www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200806141591590
Re: Man Jumps Into Well, Demands N100,000 From Yar’adua by Mustay(m): 2:11pm On Jun 14, 2008
This guy enjoy well well to get Fire |\service and police to RESCUE him.

what an irony!
Re: Man Jumps Into Well, Demands N100,000 From Yar’adua by MethodMan3(m): 2:26pm On Jun 14, 2008
may the guy relax there!

na konga wey go come rescue am!
Re: Man Jumps Into Well, Demands N100,000 From Yar’adua by coolier(f): 1:14am On Jun 15, 2008
Ha ha ha! very funny!!! Denis would certainly be a successful comic.
Re: Man Jumps Into Well, Demands N100,000 From Yar’adua by presido1: 10:15am On Jun 15, 2008
Was the ransom paid?
Re: Man Jumps Into Well, Demands N100,000 From Yar’adua by RedHotChic(f): 6:03pm On Jun 15, 2008
Poverty can help you develop mental problems. He's mentally sick for sure.
Re: Man Jumps Into Well, Demands N100,000 From Yar’adua by favcom(m): 3:57pm On Jun 16, 2008
shocked shocked shocked
LMAOOO!!!!!!!!
cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Man Jumps Into Well, Demands N100,000 From Yar’adua by Ebucca(m): 5:15pm On Jun 16, 2008
the guy case pass idioticracy o! infact he's a kakistocraticmediocrist. grin he's also mentally unbalanced. yar ' ardua is a poor man too. so he cannot save somebody's life for ordinary N100,000? na wa o, anyway, like politicians, like citizens grin
Re: Man Jumps Into Well, Demands N100,000 From Yar’adua by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jun 16, 2008
Lordy lordy mee.
grin
Re: Man Jumps Into Well, Demands N100,000 From Yar’adua by Mustay(m): 5:37pm On Jun 16, 2008
Re: Man Jumps Into Well, Demands N100,000 From Yar’adua by skfa1: 6:03pm On Jun 16, 2008
Buhehehe eeeeeeeeeee grin wonder shall never end.
Re: Man Jumps Into Well, Demands N100,000 From Yar’adua by Godalone(m): 6:07pm On Jun 16, 2008
The man is a comedian and he is mentally derail.
Re: Man Jumps Into Well, Demands N100,000 From Yar’adua by lucyc(f): 6:09pm On Jun 16, 2008
lmao grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Man Jumps Into Well, Demands N100,000 From Yar’adua by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jun 16, 2008
That guy is suffering from home trouble :d
Re: Man Jumps Into Well, Demands N100,000 From Yar’adua by otokx(m): 6:28pm On Jun 16, 2008
The observation of darkness aka NEPA is enough to make one go crazy.
Re: Man Jumps Into Well, Demands N100,000 From Yar’adua by ifyalways(f): 6:39pm On Jun 16, 2008
lol
made in 9ja only cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Man Jumps Into Well, Demands N100,000 From Yar’adua by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jun 16, 2008
Why is it hard for everybody to see that this man is just an average Nigerian that doesn't know where else to hang on in a failed system.
The man is neither mad nor comical. It is the reality of what a failed existence initiated by a failed system can do to a sane mind.
If it is in other countries, average Nigerian should visit shrinks for abused, denied and traumatic people.
I weep at how we have taken our subjected existence as who and what we are. We have to rise or forever become doomed. This is my message to you for the sake of the generation to come after us.
Let us rise, country men let us rise.
We the people of Nigeria, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this intellectual uprising for our dear country.
Re: Man Jumps Into Well, Demands N100,000 From Yar’adua by junell(f): 7:43pm On Jun 16, 2008
grin  grin  grin     I am positive that Yar'adua will pay him the money if he jumps into six more wells to make it seven.
Re: Man Jumps Into Well, Demands N100,000 From Yar’adua by ima1(f): 8:00pm On Jun 16, 2008
junell:

grin grin grin I am positive that Yar'adua will pay him the money if he jumps into six more wells to make it seven.

cheesy seven is a lucky number
Re: Man Jumps Into Well, Demands N100,000 From Yar’adua by freshmoney(m): 8:22pm On Jun 16, 2008
Na pit them dey call that one, no be well . The man for no survive am if to sey na real well him jump into. Moreover, na complete fool. If to sey na me, I go demand from the president, 2million; Each governor, 400,000-all in Nigerian currency. Eh be like sey na the new way of survival be that. Fellow Nigerians wetin u advise me sey make I do now grin grin
Re: Man Jumps Into Well, Demands N100,000 From Yar’adua by freshmoney(m): 8:31pm On Jun 16, 2008
Ebucca:

the guy case pass idioticracy o! infact he's a kakistocraticmediocrist. grin he's also mentally unbalanced. yar ' ardua is a poor man too. so he cannot save somebody's life for ordinary N100,000? na wa o, anyway, like politicians, like citizens grin

Chei! Ebucca!!! For Where u take see that English/medical jargons? Make u kuku join the league of that mad man. Like old saying, too much grammar; too much madness.

Dr Sege
Re: Man Jumps Into Well, Demands N100,000 From Yar’adua by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jun 16, 2008
Apparently, the well was dry.

They should have poured in enough water to drown him. Then he wouldn't cut the rope again.
Re: Man Jumps Into Well, Demands N100,000 From Yar’adua by MethodMan3(m): 9:13pm On Jun 16, 2008
Pshychotic retard!
Re: Man Jumps Into Well, Demands N100,000 From Yar’adua by naijababe2(f): 9:47pm On Jun 16, 2008
Why didn't the man not jump into river Niger? grin
Re: Man Jumps Into Well, Demands N100,000 From Yar’adua by niles(m): 10:00pm On Jun 16, 2008
Omor, the guy jump inside the well abi im take tym go down? Why e no go front of aso rock with acid?
Re: Man Jumps Into Well, Demands N100,000 From Yar’adua by niles(m): 10:04pm On Jun 16, 2008
wot else can i say? people have various ways of getting what they want, no be so 1 girl want jump from FOUR storey building for one guy wey everybody sabi im chick,
Re: Man Jumps Into Well, Demands N100,000 From Yar’adua by PHGrenade: 10:08pm On Jun 16, 2008
I wonder if this subject is worthy of a debate. The story is clear enough. The man in question is a mentally sick guy. No sane human being would threaten to kill self if the President doesn't give him money. Let's discuss other issues PLEASE.
Re: Man Jumps Into Well, Demands N100,000 From Yar’adua by zionking(m): 10:20pm On Jun 16, 2008
Well said nobilia. I think the man in question is completely sane. At times, if the future appears bleak and insecure, you would be frustrated. When you feel frustrated u act in irrational and unprincipled ways. Cheei, Poor man
Re: Man Jumps Into Well, Demands N100,000 From Yar’adua by niles(m): 10:44pm On Jun 16, 2008
Mr C4, Grenade or whatever yorname's, Would you go somewhere else, [color=#000099]big boys[/color] are discussing national issues,
Re: Man Jumps Into Well, Demands N100,000 From Yar’adua by popsonj(m): 11:31pm On Jun 16, 2008
Rescue team in Nigeria, just to make the news i think,  See fire service for well
when fire disaster dey them go disappear, them bin quench fire for well. Nigerian
police sef carry uniform go there.

A mad man gathering mad attention.
wonnders shall never end
Re: Man Jumps Into Well, Demands N100,000 From Yar’adua by alex406(m): 2:05am On Jun 17, 2008
Lord have mercy,poverty is becoming something else in Nigeria.
Re: Man Jumps Into Well, Demands N100,000 From Yar’adua by Jeovy(m): 7:08am On Jun 17, 2008
, And he is now known

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Coups In Nigeria •ibb’s Adc, Uk Bello, Pretended To Be With Us And Was Killed / Ghana In Darkness As Energy Crises Worsen / BUHARI'S Sickly Look Might Be Connected With Sickle Cell Disease (see Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.