Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,657 members, 7,809,482 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:24 AM

Man Jumps Into Lagos Canal And Drowns - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Man Jumps Into Lagos Canal And Drowns (52505 Views)

Wooden Bridge Collapses As School Children On It Falls And Drowns / Soldier Jumps Through Window As Young Shall Grow Motor Burns To Ashes (pics) / Man Mentions Buhari, Jumps In River In Lagos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Jumps Into Lagos Canal And Drowns by Reportmusic(f): 1:57pm On Apr 07, 2016
A 25-year-old man identified as Ajayi Kehinde did the unthinkable on Monday evening when he drove his SUV close to a canal, parked and jumped into the canal and drowned.
The incident happened at a canal at Oke Afa in Isolo area in Lagos State, western Nigeria.
He parked his SUV at Pako bus stop opposite the canal before committing suicide.
The incident drew the attention of people who were returning from various work places.
The police later confirmed that Kehinde drowned in the canal and that his body was yet to be recovered.
An eye witnesses said the incident happened at 5.30 p.m. and that onlookers could not rescue him.
The address of the victim is not yet known. His name was known through his identity card found in his car.
What might have caused the victim to commit suicide in such manner was not yet known as the police said they would conduct investigation when they get details about him.
As at the time of filing this report, the body had not been recovered as it seemed the police do not have the necessary equipment to do so.
The Lagos State Police Command Public Relations Officer, PPRO, SP Dolapo Badmos confirmed the incident.
She said the police were making efforts to recover his body and that necessary steps would be taken to unmask the circumstance that led to such extreme decision by the victim.
P.M. NEWS gathered that his SUV has been recovered and parked at the police station.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2016/04/07/man-parks-his-suv-jumps-into-canal-and-drowns/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Man Jumps Into Lagos Canal And Drowns by homeboy205: 1:58pm On Apr 07, 2016
Wow
Re: Man Jumps Into Lagos Canal And Drowns by knightsTempler: 2:01pm On Apr 07, 2016
undecided
Re: Man Jumps Into Lagos Canal And Drowns by GudluckIBB(m): 2:04pm On Apr 07, 2016
Suicide is not the answer.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Jumps Into Lagos Canal And Drowns by Beremx(f): 2:05pm On Apr 07, 2016
the guy don tire for life.

smh

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Jumps Into Lagos Canal And Drowns by Thylord(m): 2:13pm On Apr 07, 2016
Na fuel wahala

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Jumps Into Lagos Canal And Drowns by NgeneUkwenu(f): 2:17pm On Apr 07, 2016
He Should Have Committed Suicide, Instead Of Jumping Into The Canal

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Jumps Into Lagos Canal And Drowns by modath(f): 2:31pm On Apr 07, 2016
Beremx:
the guy don tire for life.

smh

Taya? Why e nor carry the SUV go owode onirin...Na people wey strong pass am "encourage" am.. grin

How ya dey? efrii efri nko? wink

14 Likes

Re: Man Jumps Into Lagos Canal And Drowns by Beremx(f): 2:39pm On Apr 07, 2016
modath:

Taya? Why e nor carry the SUV go owode onirin...Na people wey strong pass am "encourage" am.. grin

How ya dey? efrii efri nko? wink
lol! or maybe im village people dey pursue am. grin

I dey jare. eku fuel scarcity

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Jumps Into Lagos Canal And Drowns by emmalexabl(m): 3:02pm On Apr 07, 2016
Buharis govt is really driving Nigerians mad these days..!!#!!

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Jumps Into Lagos Canal And Drowns by modath(f): 3:08pm On Apr 07, 2016
Beremx:
lol! or maybe im village people dey pursue am. grin

I dey jare. eku fuel scarcity

Ha ha ha, You Lagos people ehn!! grin grin

People don grill me & complain taya, I won't lie, Bubu is fortunate that "time" dey to arrest Naija issues , if this were to be 2018, no be wetin we dey talk so.. lipsrsealed

6 Likes

Re: Man Jumps Into Lagos Canal And Drowns by jaybee3(m): 3:10pm On Apr 07, 2016
modath:

People don grill me & complain taya, I won't lie, Bubu is fortunate that "time" dey to arrest Naija issues , if this were to be 2018, no be wetin we dey talk so.. lipsrsealed

Wetin for happen for 2018? No be the same people that has almost certainly accepted poverty/suffering as a normal way of life

They've never known better and will fight till kingdom come along ethnic/religion line

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Jumps Into Lagos Canal And Drowns by Xonology: 3:15pm On Apr 07, 2016
That's the result of yahoo+ .. If you wan do yahoo, do clean one. Don't do blood ritual and be deceiving yourself that you are doing yahoo. When the devil is tired of drinking goat and cow blood, one day he will demand human blood and if you are not able to provide it, he will drink your own blood by force. A word is enough for the wise!

122 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Man Jumps Into Lagos Canal And Drowns by Beremx(f): 3:15pm On Apr 07, 2016
modath:

I can't wait for 2019 to come

2 Likes

Re: Man Jumps Into Lagos Canal And Drowns by Inception(m): 3:17pm On Apr 07, 2016
chei!

mental health and wellbeing is becoming an issue these days!

1 Like

Re: Man Jumps Into Lagos Canal And Drowns by ikubch(m): 3:18pm On Apr 07, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
He Should Have Committed Suicide, Inside Of Jumping Into The Canal
**** So, jumping into the canal in itself is not suicide?

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Jumps Into Lagos Canal And Drowns by Nobody: 3:22pm On Apr 07, 2016
But where is lalasticlala sef cry

2 Likes

Re: Man Jumps Into Lagos Canal And Drowns by jaybee3(m): 3:30pm On Apr 07, 2016
Beremx:
I can't wait for 2019 to come

You wan contest?
tongue tongue

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Jumps Into Lagos Canal And Drowns by 100Cents: 3:31pm On Apr 07, 2016
Buarri is working. Oba Lagoon is working.

Oba said, if APC doesn't win, some people will be forced into the lagoon.

Now APC has won, people are willingly entering lagoon.

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Man Jumps Into Lagos Canal And Drowns by 100Cents: 3:32pm On Apr 07, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

Smh..

11 Likes

Re: Man Jumps Into Lagos Canal And Drowns by Beremx(f): 3:33pm On Apr 07, 2016
jaybee3:

You wan contest? tongue tongue
nope! to vote out APC. I dey vex seriously!

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Jumps Into Lagos Canal And Drowns by Harryjohnson353: 3:35pm On Apr 07, 2016
It's a pity o
Re: Man Jumps Into Lagos Canal And Drowns by sunkoye: 3:40pm On Apr 07, 2016
Motivations from village.

1 Like

Re: Man Jumps Into Lagos Canal And Drowns by Nobody: 3:46pm On Apr 07, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
^^^Zombeism can easily turn one from being Prof Soyinka to being Mama P1ss. Smh

Meanwhile Rip bro if you can.

23 Likes

Re: Man Jumps Into Lagos Canal And Drowns by Nobody: 3:50pm On Apr 07, 2016
Beremx:
nope! to vote out APC.
I dey vex seriously!
Ehm ehm bia nne, I have personally acknowledged the receipt of selling y0u to the ofemmanus by virtue of m@rriage so, sorry you can't be 5% again. Enjoy y0ur chain sorry chanji with mayor of umuanumanu.angry

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Jumps Into Lagos Canal And Drowns by NobleAngell(f): 3:53pm On Apr 07, 2016
Just like that? Maybe the weather was too hot and he decided to take a swim.

5 Likes

Re: Man Jumps Into Lagos Canal And Drowns by jaybee3(m): 3:54pm On Apr 07, 2016
Beremx:
nope! to vote out APC.
I dey vex seriously!

Why you dey Vex, scarcity of fuel or the wanton dissipation of your Oga's energy due to the excessive heat which has somewhat affected his bedmatics?

Oya talk to me let's see what we can do besides the probable bedmatics issue tongue

5 Likes

Re: Man Jumps Into Lagos Canal And Drowns by Nobody: 3:55pm On Apr 07, 2016
Beremx:
nope! to vote out APC.
I dey vex seriously!
choi. This suffering don really reach your door mat

5 Likes

Re: Man Jumps Into Lagos Canal And Drowns by jaybee3(m): 3:55pm On Apr 07, 2016
NobleAngell:
Just like that? Maybe the weather was too hot and he decided to take a swim.

Hmmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Jumps Into Lagos Canal And Drowns by Nobody: 3:57pm On Apr 07, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
Who is giving Ogbonna Ubani headache. This fuel wahala don cause too much kolomental

4 Likes

Re: Man Jumps Into Lagos Canal And Drowns by mightyhazel: 3:59pm On Apr 07, 2016
Too bad!

Perhaps the state of things in the country drove him 2 suicide.

Things are really really bad now!

I commiserate with nigerians!

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Meet Aishah Ahmad, The CBN Deputy Governor / IPOB Invades Shops Of Those Who Disobeyed Sit-At-Home Order, Scatters Goods / Photos Of Boko Haram Member Disguised As Woman Who Was Arrested In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.