Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,832 members, 7,851,822 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:43 AM

Anambra 2014: Two Candidates Emerge In APGA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra 2014: Two Candidates Emerge In APGA (684 Views)

Just In Apga Win Gwagwalada Area Council Chairman / Two Igbo Candidates Emerge In Lagos PDP House of Reps Primaries / Two PDP Candidates Emerge For Anambra Guber Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra 2014: Two Candidates Emerge In APGA by funshint(m): 8:07am On Sep 03, 2013
The Maxi Okwu-led faction of the All Progressives
Grand Alliance has selected Dr. Chike Obidigbo to
fly the party's flag in the November 16 Anambra
State governorship election.
He emerged on Monday, at a special congress of the
Okwu faction of APGA in Awka.
Okwu told our correspondent in Enugu that 450
delegates participated in the exercise that produced
Obidigbo in a contest where he was the sole
candidate.
The emergence of Obidigbo came one week after
Chief Wiilie Obiano was selected on August 26 as
the party's flag bearer by the Chief Victor Umeh led-
faction of the party.
Obiano served as an Executive Director of Business
Banking at Fidelity Bank.
Reacting to Obidigbo's emergence, the Chairman of
the Screening Committee, Chief Chris Eze, said that
the party had come out with a most qualified and
well known candidate.
Chief Sunday Obasaha, Officer in-charge of the
exercise, had called for nomination, and Mr. Victor
Ndu from Ward 11 Onitsha North nominated
Obidigbo and was seconded by Mr. Joseph Umeze
from Ward 1 Umunya in Oyi Local Government Area
of the state.
Obidigbo was returned unopposed with 450 votes
and was also handed the party's flag by Okwu, who
commended the delegates for the large turnout.
Okwu said that Obidigbo had been elected its flag
bearer and also expressed the confidence that he
(Obidigbo) would win the governorship election on
November 16.
He said, "Obidigbo will take over the mantle from
Governor Peter Obi. It is my honour to present the
flag to you to fly it high."
On arrival in Enugu, Obidigbo said that APGA was
one indivisible political party, and commended Obi
for the good job he had done to lift the state to
enviable height.
He urged the party members from various wards,
who turned out to select him, to go home and work
harder to deliver the party at the election.
"I will not disappoint the electorates if voted to take
over from Obi from March 2014," Obidigbo stated.
mobile.punchng.com/output.php?link=http://www.punchng.com/news/anambra-2014-two-candidates-emerge-in-apga/
Re: Anambra 2014: Two Candidates Emerge In APGA by Nobody: 8:13am On Sep 03, 2013
Too many cooks always spoils the broot. I hate Nigeria politics. Nobody wants to be a follower and all aspirants are power intoxicated and re always concerned about what they'll get instead of being selfless.
Re: Anambra 2014: Two Candidates Emerge In APGA by ik4life: 8:25am On Sep 03, 2013
It is funny what is about to happen in apga I wish both candidate good luck meanwhile ifeanyi uba is still the man
Re: Anambra 2014: Two Candidates Emerge In APGA by Plshavmercyamen: 9:07am On Sep 03, 2013
This is indeed the newest most crooked but winning political strategy in town. Which is a party fielding two candidates for same position in an election to give them undue advantage. If in doubt of this analysis read abt Andy Uba vs Nicholas Ukachukwu during the last senatorial election in Anambra State. I wil advice Ngige and APC to start shouting and going to Court to stop this NOW before campaign proper IF he is to stand a chance in winning the election. Because APGA have taken a clue from PDP. And believe u me, they hav a game plan.
Re: Anambra 2014: Two Candidates Emerge In APGA by dridowu: 9:16am On Sep 03, 2013
Pdp = 2 candidates
apga = 2 candidates
Lp= 1 candiadate
apc= 1 candidate
pdm= 1 candidate
may b d Gov is within apc, lp and pdm.
Anyway u pple shd vote for the right candidate that will lead anambra to greatness.

(1) (Reply)

Passengers Sweat, Groan At Lagos Airport due to power outage / Funaab Aka Unaab Acceptance Fee Does Not Correspond With The Assigned Banks Fee / News Breaking!! Over 355 Apga Members Decamp To Pdp In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.