Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,332 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

World War 3; Three Countries Offer Military Assets For U.S. Attack On Syria. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / World War 3; Three Countries Offer Military Assets For U.S. Attack On Syria. (860 Views)

Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate / Orji Uzor Kalu Many Woes... Putting Up Assets For Sale / Orji Uzor Kalu Many Woes... Putting Up Assets For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

World War 3; Three Countries Offer Military Assets For U.S. Attack On Syria. by halmeyd(m): 9:56am On Sep 03, 2013
Three Middle Eastern nations have offered the United States use of their military assets for action against Syria, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said Monday.
Turkey, Saudi Arabia, and United Arab Emirates are the first to do so, and other countries are expected to as well, Kerry said in a phone call to Democratic lawmakers, according to two people who were on the call.
The prospect of military strikes has resulted in about 100 defections from the Syrian military, he said on the call, according to the sources.
A total of 127 Democrats from the House of Representatives were on the call, a Democratic aide told CNN.
But the tough sell for action was clear in the call. When Gen. Martin Dempsey, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said collateral damage from a strike is expected to be low, some lawmakers questioned how officials could know that.
Two senior Arab diplomats said talks with Saudi Arabia and theUAE are preliminary, and no details have been discussed. But two leading Republican senators who met with President Barack Obama on Monday said the administration signaled increased support for Syria's opposition in a bid to shift the balance of power in Syria's 2 1/2-year-old civil war.
"There seems to be emerging from this administration a pretty solid plan to upgrade the opposition," said Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-South Carolina, a member of the Senate Armed Services Committee.
And Sen. John McCain, the ranking Republican on the Senate Armed Services Committee, said he was more supportive of a limited U.S. strike after the meeting, partlybecause of the prospect of that increased support. But both senators said they needed more detailed assurances that the U.S. strategy would be sufficiently strong and sustainable before they could endorse it to their colleagues.
Administration officials will be conducting classified briefings on Syria for Congress nearly every day this week. Obama willmeet Tuesday morning with House Speaker John Boehner and Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, congressional aides said, and he'd already planned talks with the leaders of the key national security committees in the House and Senate.
One of those, House Armed Services Chairman Buck McKeon, told CNN the administration will have to overcome "a lot of distrust among the American people" about the intelligence that fingers Syria's government in a poison gas attack outside Damascus in late August
Re: World War 3; Three Countries Offer Military Assets For U.S. Attack On Syria. by Emmanuel602(m): 10:00am On Sep 03, 2013
I dont like this post but i just have to post it. END TIME TINZ!!!
Re: World War 3; Three Countries Offer Military Assets For U.S. Attack On Syria. by Mubby4luv(m): 10:17am On Sep 03, 2013
Emmanuel602: I dont like this post but i just have to post it. END TIME TINZ!!!
U shuld ve just left instead ov makin this childish comment. angry angry angry angry
Re: World War 3; Three Countries Offer Military Assets For U.S. Attack On Syria. by Nobody: 10:45am On Sep 03, 2013
Emmanuel602: I dont like this post but i just have to post it. END TIME TINZ!!!
at your age...smh.
Re: World War 3; Three Countries Offer Military Assets For U.S. Attack On Syria. by Mynd44: 10:45am On Sep 03, 2013
I smell another Iraq

1 Like

Re: World War 3; Three Countries Offer Military Assets For U.S. Attack On Syria. by Eobiabo(m): 11:00am On Sep 03, 2013
things time end...
i sorry sorry o, i sorry for syria o, i sorry sorry o o, i sooorrryy for america,# world war 3
Re: World War 3; Three Countries Offer Military Assets For U.S. Attack On Syria. by Samxiulee: 11:13am On Sep 03, 2013
Mynd_44: I smell another Iraq
this wouldn't be another Iraq,the Russians won't allow it to happen,Obama is just playing politics cos he knows that he won't get the approval from the congress.

1 Like

Re: World War 3; Three Countries Offer Military Assets For U.S. Attack On Syria. by Mynd44: 11:20am On Sep 03, 2013
Sam xiu lee: this wouldn't be another Iraq,the Russians won't allow it to happen,Obama is just playing politics cos he knows that he won't get the approval from the congress.
Actually, the Russians don't mind if the USA attacks Syria as an individual country. They won't agree to a coalition cos it might mean bad business for their weapons selling business.

As long as Russia is still able to sell guns to Assad, let the party continue
Re: World War 3; Three Countries Offer Military Assets For U.S. Attack On Syria. by Nobody: 11:25am On Sep 03, 2013
Eobiabo: things time end...
i sorry sorry o, i sorry for syria o, i sorry sorry o o, i sooorrryy for america,# world war 3
If your Children come across this Post,what will you say? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Say A Prayer For Nigeria / Would You Vote Engr Musiwa For President? / Twitter Fight Between Reno Omokri (GEJ) And Mallam Bashir Yusuf (atiku Aides)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.