Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,778 members, 7,820,719 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

Re-high Tuition Fees On Missionary Universities, - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Re-high Tuition Fees On Missionary Universities, (2760 Views)

High Tuition Fees Of American Colleges? / Missionaries Schools With High Tuition Fees. / How To Study In Europe With Free Tuition Fees For Masters Degree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re-high Tuition Fees On Missionary Universities, by eghosaobas: 4:20pm On Sep 03, 2013
Please I want us to really look into this topic very well. When RCCG was planning to have a university, all the RCCG Parishes were told to appeal to their members to support and contribute towards it. We all contributed, I know of some members that are managing their lives contributed too, believing that their children will get a cheaper university to attend. But to people utmost surprise, when the university was built, we now discovered that its for only the rich children. To the extent those that contributed money and support the cause could not send their kids to the university, please is this fair? Don't forget most of this guys building universities and collecting high tuition fees, they all enjoyed free education during their time. Pls are the missionary universities justified by collecting high tuition fees
Re: Re-high Tuition Fees On Missionary Universities, by nora544: 4:42pm On Sep 03, 2013
eghosaobas: Please I want us to really look into this topic very well. When RCCG was planning to have a university, all the RCCG Parishes were told to appeal to their members to support and contribute towards it. We all contributed, I know of some members that are managing their lives contributed too, believing that their children will get a cheaper university to attend. But to people utmost surprise, when the university was built, we now discovered that its for only the rich children. To the extent those that contributed money and support the cause could not send their kids to the university, please is this fair? Don't forget most of this guys building universities and collecting high tuition fees, they all enjoyed free education during their time. Pls are the missionary universities justified by collecting high tuition fees

I know how RCCG work, i know that many poor nigerians give there money to this church for building the University, and it is not right I can tell you more about RCCG, but I8 know the time will come very soon when all come out, they have nothing to do with a christian organisation.
Re: Re-high Tuition Fees On Missionary Universities, by eghosaobas: 5:02pm On Sep 03, 2013
nora544:

I know how RCCG work, i know that many poor nigerians give there money to this church for building the University, and it is not right I can tell you more about RCCG, but I8 know the time will come very soon when all come out, they have nothing to do with a christian organisation.
please expantiate more on this
Re: Re-high Tuition Fees On Missionary Universities, by nora544: 5:54pm On Sep 03, 2013
What you want to know, listen to the gospel that Daddy go teach and read in the bible, you will see that he preach what fill his pocket with money.

Do you know why his jet is not registered in nigera. Why it is registered in an other country because so no one will see when he travel to an other country with money to bring it out of nigeria.

He put his followers in boxes A, B, C when he want to build this new church, because he know how nigerians feel when they are in the last box so they will try all that they could come in a better box with the money they give.

I read his prophecy for nigeria for the last years and every year he told something that nigerians should pray and fast because if not something happen, but he never told what will happen so why because he don't know it.

That they should pray that in nigeria should not be an earthquake, that will never happen when you know about earth science, nigeria is not and was not a place where this can happpen like in other part of the world.

Why he has his hole family in the churchbusiness, that his son has a hight position in his church.

Why he want to build an University in america when all the universities look that they get students, i know all Universities work with agents that they get students, so why, but this will help him to bring money from nigeria to america to save it.

Why he preach about sow money that you get more, you cannot buy god, you cannot buy miracles, and all what he see is only that he get more money when he pray for the people that what he see will not happen.

He learn from this fake pastors in america, and he know his people very good so he know it will work much better in nigeria because he brainwash his followers, he is the angel of the light, you know who ths is, and very soon people in nigeria will see this, but they will see this in the next years.
Re: Re-high Tuition Fees On Missionary Universities, by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:21pm On Sep 03, 2013
Pastorpreneur in the making
Re: Re-high Tuition Fees On Missionary Universities, by eghosaobas: 8:51pm On Sep 03, 2013
Hmmmm my brother you are in the spirit. I am a RCCG Member but I was made to understand that the Tithes collected from all the RCCG Parishes, 70% of it goes to him in Lagos, I mean from all the RCCG PARISHES worldwide, so you can see that, that man is bastardly rich, but deceiving us with his bow tie and simplicity.
Re: Re-high Tuition Fees On Missionary Universities, by UyiIredia(m): 9:07pm On Sep 03, 2013
Yes ! This is an issue that I will talk about and it has added some years to the time I was meant to graduate_this year. The missionary universities have specific advantages relative to their federal counterparts: paucity (at most) or total absence of strikes, relative freedom from cults and attendant better security and better learning facilities. Let's ignore their downsides for now. Now one thing is sure: the university cannot beg members to continue paying their staff: so its either the university's founding church has a business that buffers the university's cost whilst running at a lower price or the price is commensurate to the payment of staffs and critical needs of the institution. I think the latter explains the high price but it isn't unlikely egunje and corruption has a hand there, I don't see sufficient reasons to advocate it yet but I have heard a couple from my side in CU which is cause for worry if true.
Another thing is that they might be increasing it given how our goverment has helped raise the cost of living no thanks to GEJ via the subsidy ish.

That said, I should state my take: anyone giving with the hope of getting subsidized fees shouldn't expect such UNLESS there is signed agreement by the donee that he would provide such. To the best of my knowledge, the pastors of such churches who asked for donations to build universities did not promise subsidized fees, so the members in the OP are mistaken. In any case, it's probable they took it for gra ted that their contribition will be returned in the form of lesser fees, this was how the likes of Havard and Cornell were built, as institutions collectively built by a community which served them at first before, over time, they became acclaimed and got the global appeal they now have.

This brings to mind an interesting debate I had here: https://www.nairaland.com/844726/privatize-public-schools-distribute-shares/1

Maybe these universities should be made LLC's (limited liabi . . .) cheesy
Re: Re-high Tuition Fees On Missionary Universities, by nora544: 9:18pm On Sep 03, 2013
eghosaobas: Hmmmm my brother you are in the spirit. I am a RCCG Member but I was made to understand that the Tithes collected from all the RCCG Parishes, 70% of it goes to him in Lagos, I mean from all the RCCG PARISHES worldwide, so you can see that, that man is bastardly rich, but deceiving us with his bow tie and simplicity.

I know this, and i have also a very good connection to some members of this church but they are so brainwash from Daddy Go that they don't see it.

I know a student he makes his PhD at the moment, he has a master degree in religion and a master degree in journalism and he write at the moment his thesis about the new churches and there influence to the society and the economic situation and why this churches could grow so fast and also the influence to corruption and which people run to this churches.
In america to the RCCG church most of the members are poor the belong to the lowest income class in america and i know it is the same in nigeria.

I don't hear something like that from the old churches like anglican or catholic or the lutheran church.

I know also that "god" told Daddy Go that the people should pay tithe as much as the can and because when they didnot make this the could not make it to heaven.

And a real christian will never say that there a 3 different groups of christian this you will finde not in the bible.
Re: Re-high Tuition Fees On Missionary Universities, by eghosaobas: 9:54pm On Sep 03, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Yes ! This is an issue that I will talk about and it has added some years to the time I was meant to graduate_this year. The missionary universities have specific advantages relative to their federal counterparts: paucity (at most) or total absence of strikes, relative freedom from cults and attendant better security and better learning facilities. Let's ignore their downsides for now. Now one thing is sure: the university cannot beg members to continue paying their staff: so its either the university's founding church has a business that buffers the university's cost whilst running at a lower price or the price is commensurate to the payment of staffs and critical needs of the institution. I think the latter explains the high price but it isn't unlikely egunje and corruption has a hand there, I don't see sufficient reasons to advocate it yet but I have heard a couple from my side in CU which is cause for worry if true.
Another thing is that they might be increasing it given how our goverment has helped raise the cost of living no thanks to GEJ via the subsidy ish.

That said, I should state my take: anyone giving with the hope of getting subsidized fees shouldn't expect such UNLESS there is signed agreement by the donee that he would provide such. To the best of my knowledge, the pastors of such churches who asked for donations to build universities did not promise subsidized fees, so the members in the OP are mistaken. In any case, it's probable they took it for gra ted that their contribition will be returned in the form of lesser fees, this was how the likes of Havard and Cornell were built, as institutions collectively built by a community which served them at first before, over time, they became acclaimed and got the global appeal they now have.

This brings to mind an interesting debate I had here: https://www.nairaland.com/844726/privatize-public-schools-distribute-shares/1

Maybe these universities should be made LLC's (limited liabi . . .) cheesy
when members were told to contribute towards the building of the university, they gave the members the idea that the university will be subsidised. Why did they request for assistance from the members when they know the school will only be for the rich.
Re: Re-high Tuition Fees On Missionary Universities, by pstbolanta: 7:20am On Sep 04, 2013
this is another interesting one, i am also personaly comfused about the way this churches arr collecting high tuition fees in their schools.most of this guys had free education to university level.
Re: Re-high Tuition Fees On Missionary Universities, by Nobody: 8:44am On Sep 04, 2013
eghosaobas: when members were told to contribute towards the building of the university, they gave the members the idea that the university will be subsidised. Why did they request for assistance from the members when they know the school will only be for the rich.

The person hinting subsidy is right. as we speak many Missionaries have their children on full scholarship to these schools. and I suspect some pastors will get discounts too. The challenge however is to know if the free tuition is genuinely balanced by the crazy fees. Also note that many members are employed in these institutions who will otherwise be unemployed.

This crisis is symptomatic of church leadership confusing church projects and charities. While the schools could do with some charities they are projects and should have been clarified as such. However I continue to opine that these universities could have been run as pure charities to the glory of God.
Re: Re-high Tuition Fees On Missionary Universities, by emandman: 8:54am On Sep 04, 2013
They are privates universities not missionary universities!
Re: Re-high Tuition Fees On Missionary Universities, by nora544: 8:55am On Sep 04, 2013
eghosaobas: when members were told to contribute towards the building of the university, they gave the members the idea that the university will be subsidised. Why did they request for assistance from the members when they know the school will only be for the rich.

I can remember that i read about how much pastor Adeboye give to charity it was about 433.000 Million naira but he forget to tell that in on month he make with his church in lagos much more.

When there are 1.000.000 Members at the service and every member give out 1.000 Naira do you know how much he get
it is 1.000.000.000 Naira and you know he have this big service 12 time a year, that is notall of the money what he gets from the churches, because i know that every pastor must bring money to Daddy Go, if not he will have big problem with Daddy go.

But i know the time is not right to say something against this so great man of the angel of the light.

That is one of this so called great man of god but all work in the same way.

I work together with a non profit organisation and we have a school in Kenja for the poor. We build the school with money from my country and parents who have no money to send there kids to school will get help, that means that a person in my country pay the school fees for one child or more, but not only this also that this child could eat two times in the school.

Last year a pastor from a penecostal church (a nigerian) come to this village because he hears that this people have a good life because we help woman to build a small business, so he feel that he could preach how they will get more money when they sow seed before and when they please god when they give out the money the get when they sell there fruits on the market. The head of this church hear from this so called pastor and he told us this, and we told the head of the school that he should bring the people of this village to the school and we speak to them and show them, that this pastor is a liar because all he want is the money of this hard working people. He told them also that he can heal HIV and that they don't need to take there medicin, for this a doctor from doctors without border come to the village to speak with the people and the best is after 6 month this fake pastor left this village because he didnot get the money he hope and we are happy that this people know what real christian life is.

God is no money printing machine like all this penecostal pastors preach.
Re: Re-high Tuition Fees On Missionary Universities, by UyiIredia(m): 9:17am On Sep 04, 2013
e mandman: They are privates universities not missionary universities!

I surmise they are missionary universities. In Covenant University handbook it is descibed as a Christian mission institution. Missionary universities are usually private and not all private unoversities are missionary.
Re: Re-high Tuition Fees On Missionary Universities, by pstbolanta: 9:45am On Sep 04, 2013
e mandman: They are privates universities not missionary universities!
what do you mean that its a private university not missionary, it would have been ENOUCH ADEBOYE UNIVERSITY not REDEEMERS UNIVERSITY Or DAVID OYEDEPO UNIVERSITY NOT COVENANT OR LANDMARK UNIVERSITY.
Re: Re-high Tuition Fees On Missionary Universities, by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 04, 2013
Even though I can say I dont know how others work, I still know about Samuel Adegboyega University of The Apostolic Church, where I am a church member. The school is the cheapest and even to meet up with the payment of lecturers, we pay special offerings during sunday services nationwide.

Other schools want to build more, make profit and also raise brows...

LiveSchoolNews:
The Vice-Chancellor, Professor Benard Eronmosele Agbokhan,has again said that the fees paid in Samuel Adegboyega University is the cheapest in Nigeria. He made this known in a forum recently.

According to the Vice-Chancellor, Samuel Adegboyega University was established to bridge the gap, by allowing the children of the poor and wealthy haveequal access to education with good moral values. To this end, SAU is one of the least-paying tuition Universities in Nigeria today.

The VC said the tuition hovers around N340, 000 – 380,000 per session, depending on the course of study of the student, in the three colleges of the University. Accommodation fee of N80, 000 per session is included in this. He said another exceptional aspect of the University he emphasized was the fact that each student of the University will graduate with three certificates – award of an academic degree of the University, certificate on entrepreneurship, as well as professional certificate whilein school. He emphasized that while cultism would not be 100% eradicated in private Universities, he nonetheless emphatically boasted that SAU is above board when it comes to students’ hooliganism.

In his words, “in SAU, we have no students involved in cultism and if we see any trace in any of our students, he or she will be rusticated.

We do not tolerate any offence as trivial. If two students fight, both of them will be suspended or rusticated, except further investigation proves contrary. That is the level we view our disciplinary status in our University”

Source: http://www.liveschoolnews.com/tag/our-fee-is-the-cheapest-samuel-adegboyega-university-vc/
Re: Re-high Tuition Fees On Missionary Universities, by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:16am On Sep 04, 2013

It very simple....when a pastor needs funding for building the church and it afflicted properties....they seek from the church members and general public.

When the church members and general public want something for theirself or afflicted social development, the church direct them to God.

It high time people start thinking.....or we turn penniless among this holy-thieves

2 Likes

Re: Re-high Tuition Fees On Missionary Universities, by nora544: 10:21am On Sep 04, 2013
The Universities from the churches are private University.

Missionary is only to bring the gospel to the people if it is christian or the islam and it say nothing if you have to pay schoolfees or not.

what do you mean that its a private university not missionary, it would have been ENOUCH ADEBOYE UNIVERSITY not REDEEMERS UNIVERSITY Or DAVID OYEDEPO UNIVERSITY NOT COVENANT OR LANDMARK UNIVERSITY.

No this is not right because the business Adeboye run is RCCG that is the name of his business so he give the University the name of business and with the other University it is the same, because it is only that this University has the name of the business company. But he ask his followers for the money that he can make this University and that is the problem.

In america the followers of RCCG are the one with the lowest income, and what is the hope of this people to get rich, so it is very easy to brainwash this people, and I know it is the same in Nigeria.

Multi level marketing come from america, and they tell you how much money you will get when you make this but the bitter truth is that only the person at the top or the second row can earn this big money but they are so good what they are teaching and the same is with this modern churches, they work with the slogan you have to sow first that you can get rich.
Re: Re-high Tuition Fees On Missionary Universities, by nora544: 10:33am On Sep 04, 2013
The VC said the tuition hovers around N340, 000 – 380,000 per session, depending on the course of study of the student, in the three colleges of the University. Accommodation fee of N80, 000 per session is included in this. He said another exceptional aspect of the University he emphasized was the fact that each student of the University will graduate with three certificates – award of an academic degree of the University, certificate on entrepreneurship, as well as professional certificate whilein school. He emphasized that while cultism would not be 100% eradicated in private Universities, he nonetheless emphatically boasted that SAU is above board when it comes to students’ hooliganism.

In my country every body can go to the University and you have to pay Naira 78.000 two time a year. That is when the parents have the income that they can pay it. If the parents didnot have the income or the student work before and his income is to low than he get back this money so he pay nothing that he can study. When parents didnot have the income that they can send there child to the University than the goverment will pay this student money that he can study, how much he get belong to the income of his parent and it goes from 100 Euro to 500 Euro per month.

In my country everybody can go to the University if he is rich or not.

In nigeria every Penecostal church must have there own University and every penecostal pastor has his own jet and the poor followers cannot give there kids a good education because they didnot have the money to send there kids to the University because they have to tithe and sow seed and give first fruit because if they don't make this the are not real followers of god.

In Nigeria you are only a good christian when you can pay a big amount in the pocket of this so called great man of god.
Re: Re-high Tuition Fees On Missionary Universities, by pstbolanta: 10:38am On Sep 04, 2013
eghosaobas: Hmmmm my brother you are in the spirit. I am a RCCG Member but I was made to understand that the Tithes collected from all the RCCG Parishes, 70% of it goes to him in Lagos, I mean from all the RCCG PARISHES worldwide, so you can see that, that man is bastardly rich, but deceiving us with his bow tie and simplicity.
if this submission is true then Baba E. A ADEBOYE may just be close to the world richest pastor.
Re: Re-high Tuition Fees On Missionary Universities, by nora544: 10:45am On Sep 04, 2013
pstbolanta: if this submission is true then Baba E. A ADEBOYE may just be close to the world richest pastor.

I know that this is tru and he is very clever when you put some money to your wife and your kids it comes not out that you belong to the richest pastors in the world.

That is the difference between him and the other so called great man of god who are also very rich but don't share it with the hole family so it belong to one member.
Re: Re-high Tuition Fees On Missionary Universities, by pstbolanta: 12:04pm On Sep 04, 2013
Na wah oo
Re: Re-high Tuition Fees On Missionary Universities, by onlyme07(m): 12:59pm On Sep 04, 2013
ledafaze: Even though I can say I dont know how others work, I still know about Samuel Adegboyega University of The Apostolic Church, where I am a church member. The school is the cheapest and even to meet up with the payment of lecturers, we pay special offerings during sunday services nationwide.

Re: Re-high Tuition Fees On Missionary Universities, by onlyme07(m): 1:00pm On Sep 04, 2013
ledafaze: Even though I can say I dont know how others work, I still know about Samuel Adegboyega University of The Apostolic Church, where I am a church member. The school is the cheapest and even to meet up with the payment of lecturers, we pay special offerings during sunday services nationwide.

I bet to disagree. Oduduwa University Ipetumodu is the cheapest and most liberal in terms of payment of all private universities in Nigeria. We pay 178k per semester (except mass com and computer science +30k) & hostel accomodation. It is not a missionary UNI either.
Re: Re-high Tuition Fees On Missionary Universities, by Nobody: 1:40pm On Sep 04, 2013
onlyme07:

I bet to disagree. Oduduwa University Ipetumodu is the cheapest and most liberal in terms of payment of all private universities in Nigeria. We pay 178k per semester (except mass com and computer science +30k) & hostel accomodation. It is not a missionary UNI either.

COnfirmed....

http://www.oduduwauniversity.edu.ng/Finance/fees.php

TABLE OF FEES PER SEMESTER

Pay School Fees to First Bank A/C Number 2013854487 or Zenith Bank A/C 1012183291
or EcoBank A/C Number 2092001632 or GTBank A/C 0117709602
Hostel A/C : Pay to First Bank A/C 2013809841
(Take Customer's Copy of Teller to College Cashier/Teller Confirmer for Confirmation)

S/N

Fees

2010/2011
(Old Students)

2011/2012
(Old Students)

2012/2013
(Old Students)

2013/2014
(New Students)

Tuition

N145,000

N146,000

N147,000

N148,000

Library

N1,000

N1,000

N1,000

N1,000

Books

N5,000

N5,000

N5,000

N5,000

4a

Practical Type 1

Applicable to BSc Computer & B.Sc Mass Comm Students N30,000 per Semester

4b

Practical Type 2

Applicable to other Science Courses in the CMAS, CEDM, CTEC N5,000 per semester

4c

Entreprenuer
Training

Applicable to all 200 level students immediately after their 2nd Semester Examination @ N25,000 per semester.

Hostel Exception Fee is
N13000

Type 1
Type 2
Type 3

N18000 For University Hostel Outside (Four Students per Room)
N26000 For University Hostel Inside (Four Students per Room)
N75000 Per Semester for Special Hostel Inside University (One
Student per Self Contained Hostel like Accommodation)

Hospital Registration

Fee is Compulsory, fee is N5000. Please pay to the Account above.

Total

Sample A (B.Sc Com./Mass Comm
N207,000 with Hostel Type 1 OR
N199,000 without Hostel

Sample A (Com./Mass Comm
N208,000 with Hostel Type 1
OR
N200,000 with Hostel

Sample A (Com./Mass Comm
N209,000 with Hostel Type 1
OR
N201,000 without Hostel

Sample A (Com./Mass Comm)
N210,000 with Hostel
Type 1 OR
N202,000 with Hostel

Sample B(Sciences)
N182,000 with Hostel Type 1 OR N174,000 without Hostel

Sample B(Sciences)
N183,000 with Hostel Type 1 OR N175,000 without Hostel

Sample B(Sciences)
N184,000 with Hostel Type 1 OR N176,000 without Hostel

Sample B(Sciences)
N185,000 with Hostel Type 1 OR N177,000 without Hostel

Sample C(Others)
N177,000 with Hostel Type 1 OR N169,000 without Hostel

Sample C(Others)
N178,000 with Hostel Type 1 OR N170,000 without Hostel

Sample C(Others)
N179,000 with Hostel Type 1 OR N171,000 without Hostel

Sample C(Others)
N180,000 with Hostel Type 1 OR N172,000 without Hostel

Note 1:
Canteens are available and food ranges b/w 100 and 200 per plate (You have a choice)
Cooking in the Hostels not allowed.

Note 2:
FS (Nov, Jan, Feb) FSH (Mar, Apr, May, June) SS (Mar, Apr, May, June)

Note 3:
Payment can be made per session just multiply the fee by 2

Note 4:
Avoid paying through anybody, pay directly to the Bank. If your parents are paying for you: Your name must be written on teller not parent's name.
Re: Re-high Tuition Fees On Missionary Universities, by pstbolanta: 2:41pm On Sep 04, 2013
But what I am saying is that, most of the owners of these so called private universities all had free education to university level.
Re: Re-high Tuition Fees On Missionary Universities, by obazuwa: 9:25am On Sep 07, 2013
All the so called G. Os are feeding fat on their members, in fact they use their members as ladder to climb to their dreams. With the type of money that Oyedepo and ADEBOYE have, their universities are one of the highest tuition fees collected, all of us will one day stand before God.

(1) (Reply)

See How To Be Best Friends With Females In Campuses / Eko Atlantic City 2022 -new Buildings / New Rice Out In Nigeria With Peter Obi Face And PDP Logo..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.