Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,825 members, 7,956,120 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:27 AM

Android 4.4 To Be Called Kit Kat - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android 4.4 To Be Called Kit Kat (1013 Views)

Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. / Review On Cheap Elephone P6i Running Android 4.4.2 Kit Kat / How To Upgrade Tecno Phantom F7 (A+) To Kit-kat. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Android 4.4 To Be Called Kit Kat by NewBooksToday: 8:33pm On Sep 03, 2013
Well this is a suprise, reports had previously stated that the new Android version would be called LIME PIE, but it was announced that Android 4.4 would infact be given the code name KIT KAT.

The decision to brand the software with the name of Nestle's chocolate bar is likely to be seen as a marketing coup for the Swiss food and beverage maker,well this isn't the case, according to Google neither side will be paying the other

"This is not a money-changing-hands kind of deal," John Lagerling, director of Android global partnerships, told the BBC.Instead, he said, the idea was to do something "fun and unexpected".
However, one branding expert warned there were potential pitfalls to such a deal.
"If your brand is hooked up with another, you inevitably become associated with that other brand, for good or ill," said Simon Myers, a partner at the consultancy Prophet.
"If that brand or business has some reputational issues that emerge, it would be naive to think as a brand owner that your good name, your brand equity, would not be affected."
Nestle on the other hand have said they plan to sell more than 50 million chocolate bars featuring the Android mascot

source:[url][http://www.newsbookstoday.com/2013/09/android-44-to-be-called-kit-kat.html]

drop by my blog @[url][www.newsbookstoday.com]thanks!!

Re: Android 4.4 To Be Called Kit Kat by Francheezy(m): 9:34pm On Sep 03, 2013
Cool.. Hope dis is true
Re: Android 4.4 To Be Called Kit Kat by Ositainklord(m): 12:35am On Sep 04, 2013
Francheezy: Cool.. Hope dis is true
Really! I'll eat kit Kat every time I hold my Android...
But wait, should we expect l to be lemon plus? And m to be Milo?... Kerri lime pie wasn't so bad.
Re: Android 4.4 To Be Called Kit Kat by Nobody: 1:51am On Sep 04, 2013
Kati kati
Re: Android 4.4 To Be Called Kit Kat by cahnellven: 4:28am On Sep 04, 2013
the name key lime pie hasnt been abandoned . . .android 5.0 will be called KLP
Re: Android 4.4 To Be Called Kit Kat by istudiong: 7:46pm On Sep 07, 2013
the guru pls, how can i upgrade my android 4.1 to the new 4.4? thanks

(1) (Reply)

Galaxy Note 2 Or Galaxy S3? / Durable Battery Life.. Samsung Or Nokia? / Nokia 3310 Made To Windows Phone, Ericsson T28 - Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.