Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,461 members, 7,954,804 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:47 AM

Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World (56919 Views)

10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. / Top 10 Most Mysterious Planets (known) In The Observable Universe / The Top 10 Most Overrated“geniuses” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by canuck(m): 10:03am On Sep 05, 2013
BOUNTYDOG:
I think you need my digits

dapsondou:
WOW!
I love dogs too and I'm a guy.
u knw? *winkx*

Pets lovers make good lovers. . .Boiz are on the prowl cheesy

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by Nobody: 10:11am On Sep 05, 2013
canuck:

Hahahahaaaa. . .At least we know that "Bingo" is loaded with such native intelligence as:

1) Crossing busy city roads;

2) Fending for itself as owners never chop belle-full reach to feed Bingo;

3) Fathering seeeeeveral puppies in the neighborhood with ANY breed of dog;

4) Avoiding capture and being turned into Pepper Soup by peeps from certain tribes in Nigeria;

5) Barking when spirits are passing. . .

. . .And so on! LOL!

My like made it the 90th like. You got me laughing so hard in the office that I had to cover my mouth before my colleagues will think something else.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by canuck(m): 10:12am On Sep 05, 2013
ichidodo: Why d exclusion? Are you a doggie racist?

Nor vex abeg, I am not being razzizt o.

I can't claim such a list - The intelligence ranking is based on the research work of Professor Stanley Coren of University of British Columbia, Canada.

The research is recognized globally as the benchmark for canine intelligence.

While we all know "Bingo" is smart, I believe it will fall into this category:

Average Working/Obedience Intelligence
• Understanding of New Commands: 25 to 40 repetitions.
• Obey First Command: 50% of the time or better

Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by canuck(m): 10:16am On Sep 05, 2013
koastar:
My like made it the 90th like. You got me laughing so hard in the office that I had to cover my mouth before my colleagues will think something else.

cheesy Heheheheheeee. . .It is funny because na so e be nau. . .Woof! Woof! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by canuck(m): 10:20am On Sep 05, 2013
slap1:
6) Has four eyes.

6) Knows when robbers are a mile away and runs into the bush.

7) Can go back to Owerri if you sell it to someone in Umuahia. Etc.

"Has four eyes" got my rib cracking!!!
Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by Damolux01(m): 10:31am On Sep 05, 2013
Please, how much is a German Shepherd Dog(Alsatian Dog) in Nigeria? Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by canuck(m): 10:41am On Sep 05, 2013
sarutobie: OP I think the jack russel should be somewhere on that list..and isn't the labrador and golden retriever close cousins?..didn't know the roth was intelligent enough to make the list.Enlightening all the same.

Jack Russel is a TERRIER breed, and the most intelligent Terrier, the Yorkshire Terrier, came up on #27 in Prof. Stanley Coren's "Intelligence of Dogs" ranking.

Most other Terriers came up between #47 and #66 out of a total of 79. Thus, most Terriers are in the lower quadrants of canine intelligence.
Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by canuck(m): 10:47am On Sep 05, 2013
50calibre: I've heard stories about that Border Collie dog breed, it's pretty expensive too.

I think greyhound should be in the list, those dogs are fast, competitive and easy to communicate with, they have impeccable sense of smell, some have been known to detect cancer by just smell.

That local dog breed found in Nigeria, should rank among the most foolish dogs, all they know is how to find human faeces to eat.

cheesy Super funny!!! cheesy
Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by canuck(m): 10:56am On Sep 05, 2013
Chanchit:

You gerrit mhen, one dey Orile market, tailor line, his name is basket. Na to fu*k, chop and sleep be her job.

LOL! Enjoyment and survival intelligence only!!! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by Orikinla(m): 11:43am On Sep 05, 2013
You forgot the Akwa Ibom dog. grin

Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by Ishilove: 11:44am On Sep 05, 2013
canuck:

LOL! Enjoyment and survival intelligence only!!! cheesy

Lmao!! Yes o. No time for stress. Survive, and enjoy while at it. There's no dog like our Naija Bingo wink
Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by deesquarediddy(m): 11:45am On Sep 05, 2013
BOUNTYDOG:
It is not proper care but the bloodline of the dog has been touched,most local dogs owners are always wishing for their dogs to be mated with higher breeds,gosh imagine the adulterated rotts! Chaiii!!!

adulterated or not...na you sabi, its an invention if you don't know,,,,lol

And you just said its not proper care?...raise a local dog to be like this and u'll know it not beans.
Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by whytnblack: 11:57am On Sep 05, 2013
slap1: 6)
7) Can go back to Owerri if you sell it to someone in Umuahia. Etc.
yeah! True.

Laugh wan kill me die
Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by deesquarediddy(m): 11:59am On Sep 05, 2013
50calibre:

I'm sorry that dog looks nothing like a Rottweiler, don't be decieved by the black colour, even from a distance, you can tell that dog is a proper Nigerian bingo, the type that can detect human faeces from 10 miles away.

are u high on drugs?....does it look like your bingo?

Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by arthgideon: 12:12pm On Sep 05, 2013
Dogs are cool
Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by hardbody: 1:17pm On Sep 05, 2013
canuck: Does this ranking match your experience with any of the breeds on the list?

Do you have a breed that you think belongs in the top 10?

Yes, my BINGO

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by Hunkyimage(m): 1:57pm On Sep 05, 2013
Orikinla: You forgot the Akwa Ibom dog. grin

Wia u get my late dog pix of blessed memory 4rm?
Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by Hunkyimage(m): 2:05pm On Sep 05, 2013
Raddie: grin grin grin grin

D content of dis tray na Horror film
Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by canuck(m): 2:11pm On Sep 05, 2013
femora007: Wat is the name of the best dog for hunting?

According to the American Kennel Club (AKC), the registry of purebred dog pedigrees in the United States, the Labrador Retriever and the Golden Retriever are consistently ranked as the best breeds for hunting.

The Labrador Retriever's top ranking in hunting is due to their

* Moisure-repellent coat (they are the world's best known water dogs);

* Weblike feet that propel them easily through water to fetch prey;

* Acute sense of smell and ability to detect scent;

* "Soft mouth" in order to bring your kill/prey back to you in proper condition;

* Calm and unflustered response to gunshots;

* High level of intelligence and good temperament, which make them ideal for training; and

* High energy (Not lazy dogs that give you the "Go get it yourself - Nor be you kill am" look! cheesy)

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by canuck(m): 2:15pm On Sep 05, 2013
Yungwizzzy:

wow interesting to know that some dogs are more intelligent than most Nairalanders

Chei!!! That is an insult to some dogs o!!! grin grin grin
Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by canuck(m): 2:22pm On Sep 05, 2013
optimus-prime1:
I'm Surprised the Cocker Spaniel is not on your list...
Spaniel breeds in general are intelligent and no Spaniel graces your list.
And I'd have thought a Greyhound would be there too, they have that uncanny confidence for showbiz and Racetracks.

According to Prof Coren's "Intelligence of Dogs" ranking (nor be me o!!!), the Spaniel does rank high, but is not in the Top 10.

The English Cocker Spaniel is in the 2nd highest category called "Excellent Working Dogs" and ranks #18 globally.

So, you are correct that Spaniels are very intelligent - They are in the Top 20.

The Greyhound is a different story sha - Ranks #46 and is in the "Average Working/Obedience Intelligence" category. E sabi run oooo!
Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by canuck(m): 2:27pm On Sep 05, 2013
sanb: @Op; nice one; you learn something new everyday...the German Shepherd, remains my favorite.... cool

You are welcome, sanb smiley
Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by Ishilove: 2:35pm On Sep 05, 2013
deesquare-diddy:

adulterated or not...na you sabi, its an invention if you don't know,,,,lol

And you just said its not proper care?...raise a local dog to be like this and u'll know it not beans.
Yes I agree with the bolded. It's not beans ALONE. Yam, eba, fufu, buns, grass, rice, maize etc all contribute to the health and freshness of the dog. My darling Innocent before he died early this year, was an epitome of freshness and a testament to how a diet of eba morning, afternoon and evening can contribute to the sharpness, good health and high intelligence of the canine species.

tongue grin

Like, seriously cheesy
Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by canuck(m): 2:38pm On Sep 05, 2013
uj_sizzle: Hey where's the Chihuahua on that list

Aaah, Chihuahua! The smallest breed of dogs in the world!

Fair Working/Obedience Intelligence
• Understanding of New Commands: 40 to 80 repetitions.
• Obey First Command: 30% of the time or better

Chihuahua falls into the above - Category 4 out of 5 - E nor dey quick hear word.

It ranks #67 in intelligence. Not the sharpest knife in the drawer cheesy

(Of course, there are better pics of the Chihuahua. . .This one makes me laugh wink)

Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by canuck(m): 2:42pm On Sep 05, 2013
Ishilove:
Yes I agree with the bolded. It's not beans ALONE. Yam, eba, fufu, buns, grass, rice, maize etc all contribute to the health and freshness of the dog. My darling Innocent before he died early this year, was an epitome of freshness and a testament to how a diet of eba morning, afternoon and evening can contribute to the sharpness, good health and high intelligence of the canine species.

May be na too much Garri kill Innocent ooo! cool

Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by canuck(m): 2:50pm On Sep 05, 2013
Amefrica: :/ Where's Great Dane and Bull Mastiff

The Great Dane. . .One of the tallest dogs in the world. Below is the Great Dane's category:

Average Working/Obedience Intelligence
• Understanding of New Commands: 25 to 40 repetitions.
• Obey First Command: 50% of the time or better

The breed ranks a distant #48. . .Better than the Bullmastiff though - Great Dane just likes to cuddle with humans - If na Smooching Intelligence, e for dey Top 5! cheesy

Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by simplydayo123(m): 2:54pm On Sep 05, 2013
our Bingo aint Mongrel,but actually a breed of dog called BASENJI.
Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by Ishilove: 2:56pm On Sep 05, 2013
canuck:

May be na too much Garri kill Innocent ooo! cool

My brother ehn, no be so. Na congenital liver problem o. The tin still dey pain me up till now sad

This is a picture of him a few weeks to his death. He was very sick here.

O my poor darling... cry sad

Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by canuck(m): 2:56pm On Sep 05, 2013
Amefrica: :/ Where's Great Dane and Bull Mastiff

The Bullmastiff. . .The solid build, strong, and very quiet dog that rarely barks.

Below is the intelligence classification of the Bullmastiff:

The Bullmastiff ranks #69 on the "Intelligence of Dogs" list.

Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by Ishilove: 2:59pm On Sep 05, 2013
canuck:

Aaah, Chihuahua! The smallest breed of dogs in the world!

Chihuahua falls into the above - Category 4 out of 5 - E nor dey quick hear word.

It ranks #67 in intelligence. Not the sharpest knife in the drawer cheesy

(Of course, there are better pics of the Chihuahua. . .This one makes me laugh wink)

Lol. See as the chichi resemble you. tongue tongue

grin

#jes kiddin'#
Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by canuck(m): 3:09pm On Sep 05, 2013
simplydayo123: our Bingo aint Mongrel,but actually a breed of dog called BASENJI.

LOL! OK nau!

A few people on this thread have made the claim that they have a Basenji, not a Mongrel. No wahala. Here is how to know the difference:

Due to a weird shaped larynx, the Basenji is unable to bark, hence, its nickname "The Barkless Dog".

So, if your Bingo barks, omo, forget, na Mongrel. If it yodels instead, it's a Basenji.

Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by canuck(m): 3:10pm On Sep 05, 2013
Ishilove:
Lol. See as the chichi resemble you. tongue tongue

grin

#jes kiddin'#

grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Massive Crocodile Ripped Off A Boy’s Head & Swallowed Him In Costa Rica / Lion Fights Back While Rivals Eat Him Alive / Hundreds Of 'Evil-Eyed' Fish 'Deadlier Than Cyanide' Found On Beach In Cape Town

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.