Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,402 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

How Will The World End? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Will The World End? (4738 Views)

Would The World End This September ? / Why Should The World End? / Jehovahs Witnesses Predict World End At 2014? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Will The World End? by Mynd44: 10:39am On Sep 05, 2013
ayd91:

really matrix stuff. I'll prefer staying back on earth. No time for another planet cheesy. Humans are some else, with big eyes for evil.

Nonso23, staying is Mars isn't quite different. If the sun goes supernova we'll but fall.
Okay oooo. You can stay
Re: How Will The World End? by Nobody: 10:57am On Sep 05, 2013
Re: How Will The World End? by Mynd44: 11:06am On Sep 05, 2013
Nonso23:
I UNDERSTAND MARS IS IN AS MUCH RISK AS EARTH .. I WAS JUST TRYING TO DRAW ATTENTION TO THE LATEST NASA PROJECT OF TRANSFERRING HUMANS TO INHABIT MARS... NOW THAT' S AN ATTEMPT TO SHOW THAT PROBABLY MANKIND IS CONSIDERING A POSSIBLE EVACUATION IF ANYTHING AS MUCH AS THREATENS OUR EXISTENCE...IF WE CAN MOVE TO MARS THEN SOON WE MIGHT BE ABLE TO MOVE OUT OF OUR GALAXY TO ANOTHER PLANET MAYBE...PANSPERMIA
Humans can't move into other galaxies until we have an effective means of transporting ourselves. We can't continue to travel with those rockets that takes years to get anywhere and expect an evacuation.
Re: How Will The World End? by Nobody: 11:12am On Sep 05, 2013
Re: How Will The World End? by ayd91(m): 11:32am On Sep 05, 2013
One thing that I am sure of is, regardless of where we go, self destruction is eminent. If its not Nukes, then Bio weapons justified by ideological differences.
Re: How Will The World End? by Nobody: 11:33am On Sep 05, 2013
Re: How Will The World End? by Shekson(m): 12:05pm On Sep 05, 2013
Wat happens to stars can't be generalized into deducing what happens to the sun. Have yu ever heard of 'suns'? The sun is one wif a different configuration from the stars. While stars die, the sun liveth. Yu dnt use mass and diameter to similarize the stars and the sun. Different configurations!!!
Re: How Will The World End? by Mynd44: 12:32pm On Sep 05, 2013
Shekson: Wat happens to stars can't be generalized into deducing what happens to the sun. Have yu ever heard of 'suns'? The sun is one wif a different configuration from the stars. While stars die, the sun liveth. Yu dnt use mass and diameter to similarize the stars and the sun. Different configurations!!!
The sun is a star bro

1 Like

Re: How Will The World End? by ayd91(m): 5:03pm On Sep 05, 2013
Mynd_44:
The sun is a star bro
on point. cheesy
Re: How Will The World End? by Mynd44: 5:07pm On Sep 05, 2013
ayd91:
on point. cheesy
Always
Re: How Will The World End? by Bella3(f): 6:29pm On Sep 05, 2013
Nice thread.
Re: How Will The World End? by texanomaly(f): 9:04pm On Sep 05, 2013
Interesting stuff. Nice one Mynd. smiley
Re: How Will The World End? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Sep 12, 2013
If you need to know, I can give you a breakdown of the period the world will end but not the exact date cos no one will know that... I will give it to you with proofs.... and its gonna b very convincing.
Re: How Will The World End? by fr3do(m): 6:47am On Sep 18, 2013
Mynd_44: It is somehow easy to predict how other objects(Planets, asteroids stars satellites) in the Multiverse (Okay I will use Universe cos it is more understandable) behaves by looking at other object that are similar right. That's one of t........

nuclear catastrophe is my prime suspect.
The sun isnt going to burn out for like another 2 billion years(not sure)
we have enough nuclear material to annihilate mankind.
Re: How Will The World End? by fr3do(m): 6:50am On Sep 18, 2013
Shekson: Wat happens to stars can't be generalized into deducing what happens to the sun. Have yu ever heard of 'suns'? The sun is one wif a different configuration from the stars. While stars die, the sun liveth. Yu dnt use mass and diameter to similarize the stars and the sun. Different configurations!!!

medieval astronomy!
the sun is just like any other star only that its close.
Re: How Will The World End? by Mynd44: 10:40am On Sep 18, 2013
fr3do:

nuclear catastrophe is my prime suspect.
The sun isnt going to burn out for like another 2 billion years(not sure)
we have enough nuclear material to annihilate mankind.
I am referring to the the earth itself not its inhabitants
Re: How Will The World End? by fr3do(m): 12:12pm On Sep 18, 2013
Mynd_44:
I am referring to the the earth itself not its inhabitants

for that one
an asteroid is the candidate
Re: How Will The World End? by Mynd44: 12:27pm On Sep 18, 2013
fr3do:

for that one
an asteroid is the candidate
An asteroid can only destroy the inhabitant
Re: How Will The World End? by fr3do(m): 1:46pm On Sep 18, 2013
Mynd_44:
An asteroid can only destroy the inhabitant

an asteroid big enough can shatter the earth or knock it out of orbit.
Re: How Will The World End? by Mynd44: 1:52pm On Sep 18, 2013
fr3do:

an asteroid big enough can shatter the earth or knock it out of orbit.
You are gonna give people nightmares grin
Re: How Will The World End? by fr3do(m): 6:43pm On Sep 18, 2013
Mynd_44:
You are gonna give people nightmares grin

cheesy
chances are slim
thats a consolation
Re: How Will The World End? by Mynd44: 7:41pm On Sep 18, 2013
fr3do:

cheesy
chances are slim
thats a consolation
I prefer they have nightmares
Re: How Will The World End? by Dibangoking(m): 8:17pm On Sep 25, 2013
Mynd_44:
I prefer they have nightmares
Not all humans give a hoot about going into extinction...btw...nice thread though 'ad send in my view{opinion} when it's "ripe"
Re: How Will The World End? by MrTroll(m): 8:41pm On Sep 25, 2013
I'm no bible believer so i'll make my post simple. . . We will kill ourselves and most if not all of earths living things. As for the earth itself, it will gradually degenerate when our star, the sun begins to die.

Time frames: Self annihilation is not too far off. Earths inevitable destruction is still very far off but definitely no life will actually witness it. If by some miracle we don't kill ourselves, the gradual change in the earths atmosphere over time will do the job although it might take longer than if we had just annihilated ourselves cheesy
Re: How Will The World End? by moyes5757(m): 11:42pm On Jul 11, 2016
Shekson:
Wat happens to stars can't be generalized into deducing what happens to the sun. Have yu ever heard of 'suns'? The sun is one wif a different configuration from the stars. While stars die, the sun liveth. Yu dnt use mass and diameter to similarize the stars and the sun. Different configurations!!!
This is by the funniest post i!ve read here.what do u think the sun is; a planet.
Mynd44:

The sun is a star bro
grin
Re: How Will The World End? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:23am On Jul 13, 2021
Good morning Mynd44, the title of your post really interests me and i'll like to participate in the discussion though it dated long over 8 years now but i believe it's not too late.

My name is Maximus i'm one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES would you like me to join in the discussion? smiley

Mynd44:
It is somehow easy to predict how other objects(Planets, asteroids stars satellites) in the Multiverse (Okay I will use Universe cos it is more understandable) behaves by looking at other object that are similar right. That's one of the proofs that the earth is round and not flat cos the earth was compared with other planets which ae spherical.

Now if you study the stars, you will notice that all stars are basically the same and from the life of the stars that has been studied, it is obvious that no star will be insistence forever as at some point, they will lose the fuel they need for combustion and they will decompose.

A star has three stages: The early stage, youth and old. When it gets old, it burns out its fuel and becomes either of the three: A Dwarf, A supanova or a Black hole. Depending on the size of course. The smallest stars become become supanovas and then dwarfs and the huge ones, well they become the infamous blackholes.

Our sun is not large enough to become a blackhole thank God (whichever one you serve) but at some point in it's live, it will run out of fuel(don't wanna bore you with the details of that) and it will explode as a supanova before settling down to become a dwarf (might be white, red or whatever). The worrying part of this is that the exploding of the sun when it goes supanova is actually going to destroy the earth. If you study other stars of the same size as our star (the sun), you will see it there.

Now my question is that there is every evidence that the earth is going to be destroyed either an asteroid finally hits us (won't destroy it but oh well) or the sun grows old and "die" so that which gives us life here will still take it. How does this fit into the book of Revelations in the Bible? The Bible talks of a lot of things at end time and wars and natural disasters but how does the bible explain this cataclysmic event that is surely coming in the far away future?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin? / 5 Strange Things About The Church Called COZA / Examples Of Apostle Paul conviniently ignored By preachers/pastors today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.