Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,809 members, 7,813,665 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:55 PM

LAGBUS Crashes Into Four Cars On Lagos Island - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LAGBUS Crashes Into Four Cars On Lagos Island (13679 Views)

Wike Carted Away Four Cars As Minister / LAGBUS Crushes Soldier To Death In Lagos Yesterday / Okada Riders Damaged 42 Buses – LAGBUS, LAMATA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

LAGBUS Crashes Into Four Cars On Lagos Island by Ping411: 12:03am On Sep 05, 2013
A LAGBUS, with registration number, Lagos XU998-AAA, at about 2:15pm on Wednesday, crashed into four stationary vehicles parked under the Carter Bridge, at Ebute-Ero area of the state.

Eyewitnesses said the bus, which was carrying passengers, was heading towards Leventis, on Lagos Island.

The brakes of the bus, said to be on top speed, failed and skidded off the road, dragging a pedestrian, identified as Francis, under a parked car by the side of the road. The bus then crashed into four other cars as the driver tried to regain control of it.

LAGBUS, with registration number, Lagos XU998-AAA, at about 2:15pm on Wednesday, crashed into four stationary vehicles parked under the Carter Bridge, at Ebute-Ero area of the state.

Eyewitnesses said the bus, which was carrying passengers, was heading towards Leventis, on Lagos Island.

The brakes of the bus, said to be on top speed, failed and skidded off the road, dragging a pedestrian, identified as Francis, under a parked car by the side of the road. The bus then crashed into four other cars as the driver tried to regain control of it.

An eyewitness who identified himself as Samson Momoh, said, “We were standing by our car at the Carter bridge when a LAGBUS lost control and skidded off the road. The driver tried to control the bus but it ramp into a pavement and hit a businessman, Francis, walking on the roadside. Francis was walking towards his car parked under the bridge when the bus hit him and threw him under a car parked under the Carter Bridge. There was commotion and the passengers in the bus screamed to escape but the bus ran into three other vehicles before it came into a halt”.

Telegraph was informed that the driver fled when he saw the damage he had caused.

The vehicles damaged include a Volvo 740, which was crushed beyond repair, two Sienna LE cars and a Hyundai bus.

The owner of the Volvo car, Saka Owoyale, a father of eight, said he was shocked to see the car he drove this morning crushed.

“I have been driving this car for the past four years and I always park my car under the bridge but I was shocked when I was called that a LAGBUS has destroyed my car. I ran to see the damage but it was beyond repair. I will report the incident at the Ebute-Ero police station and I will ensure that the LAGBUS management buy another car for me,” he said.

Olasunkanmi Babalola, who was also affected, said the LAGBUS ran into his DMT mobile toilets and destroyed two of them.

“I am happy that the bus did not kill my customer who was easing himself in one of my four toilets. The bus destroyed two of the toilets. Each toilet costs me about N95,000 when I bought it in 2009. I will need them to be replaced,” he said.

Telegraph was informed that Francis, was rushed to the Island General hospital and he is in critical condition.
Police officers from the Ebute Ero police station, have towed the bus away from the scene to prevent miscreants from setting it ablaze.

An eyewitness who identified himself as Samson Momoh, said, “We were standing by our car at the Carter bridge when a LAGBUS lost control and skidded off the road. The driver tried to control the bus but it ramp into a pavement and hit a businessman, Francis, walking on the roadside. Francis was walking towards his car parked under the bridge when the bus hit him and threw him under a car parked under the Carter Bridge. There was commotion and the passengers in the bus screamed to escape but the bus ran into three other vehicles before it came into a halt”...

More here >>> http://telegraphng.com/2013/09/lagbus-crashes-four-cars-lagos-island/

Re: LAGBUS Crashes Into Four Cars On Lagos Island by DonColz1(m): 12:46am On Sep 05, 2013
Lord have mercy!!!

1 Like

Re: LAGBUS Crashes Into Four Cars On Lagos Island by Biodup: 12:51am On Sep 05, 2013
Thank God is not on the third mainland bridge. Mr saka u must collect another better car cos lag bus management no they hear story when u hit their bus.
Re: LAGBUS Crashes Into Four Cars On Lagos Island by idupaul: 12:58am On Sep 05, 2013
these Lagbus drivers are all sick mentally ..sha I hope LASG will compensate the victims
Re: LAGBUS Crashes Into Four Cars On Lagos Island by deeptesting(m): 1:58am On Sep 05, 2013
1. The Drivers of these Lag buses are very reckless and have no regards for other road users, you hear people saying stewpidly that it is Fashola bus and so fu**cking what?
2.The brakes failed showing that the bus lacks proper maintenance.

I hope all the passengers on board at the time of the accident can sue the Lagos State Govt. for putting their life in harms way......
Re: LAGBUS Crashes Into Four Cars On Lagos Island by Tolexander: 3:28am On Sep 05, 2013
Telegraph was informed that the
driver fled when he saw the
damage he had caused.
he thought he may likely be lynched if he had waited

“I have been driving this car for
the past four years and I always
park my car under the bridge but
I was shocked when I was called
that a LAGBUS has destroyed my
car. I ran to see the damage but
it was beyond repair. I will report
the incident at the Ebute-Ero
police station and I will ensure
that the LAGBUS management
buy another car for me,
” he said.
sharp guy.
Better to see the picture of the car before it was damaged to confirm if the accident hasn't made the case a damaged damaged car.

1 Like

Re: LAGBUS Crashes Into Four Cars On Lagos Island by 3ace(m): 7:35am On Sep 05, 2013
Although LAGBUS currently lacks good maintenance culture, that might not be the reason for the brake failure. Sudden brake
failure in well maintained cars is possible too. The only blame I may apportion to the driver is that he probably must have been feeling the symptoms but still decided to take the risk although there may not be warning signs in some cases. Brakes operate on a hydraulic system; for the system to work effectively there must be fluid in the hydraulic pipes. If the fluid
starts to leak from the system the brake
pedal will feel 'softer' and will often travel
further when pressed. Only God knows whether there were initial signs in this case or it just happened suddenly.

1 Like

Re: LAGBUS Crashes Into Four Cars On Lagos Island by crystalballs: 12:36pm On Sep 05, 2013
Lagbus yesterday,Today and .....
Re: LAGBUS Crashes Into Four Cars On Lagos Island by Codedrock(m): 12:36pm On Sep 05, 2013
EKO O NI BAJE...
Re: LAGBUS Crashes Into Four Cars On Lagos Island by Sijo01(f): 12:38pm On Sep 05, 2013
May the souls of the vehicles rest in peace!

1 Like

Re: LAGBUS Crashes Into Four Cars On Lagos Island by Aromas: 12:40pm On Sep 05, 2013
Sijo01: May the souls of the vehicles rest in peace!

M'ba Amin
Re: LAGBUS Crashes Into Four Cars On Lagos Island by dridowu: 12:40pm On Sep 05, 2013
Ds accident look like wound on rooney head, it looks horror
Re: LAGBUS Crashes Into Four Cars On Lagos Island by Nobody: 12:41pm On Sep 05, 2013
cry
Re: LAGBUS Crashes Into Four Cars On Lagos Island by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:41pm On Sep 05, 2013
Tragic!
I pray 4 d Francis guy 2 survive d accident.
Last Bullet:
The Op is a learner!
There's too much repeated sentences in the story.

5 Likes

Re: LAGBUS Crashes Into Four Cars On Lagos Island by Slizbeat(m): 12:42pm On Sep 05, 2013
LAG bus drivers are always reckless. They tend to forget they ought to lead by example. I wish it was military vehicles it crashed into...... Other people will tell stories that touches on his(the driver) behalf.
Re: LAGBUS Crashes Into Four Cars On Lagos Island by Nobody: 12:43pm On Sep 05, 2013
ΘЌ
Re: LAGBUS Crashes Into Four Cars On Lagos Island by Nobody: 12:44pm On Sep 05, 2013
Gawd moi lawd! I'm a diehard lagbus commuter! shocked
Re: LAGBUS Crashes Into Four Cars On Lagos Island by extremelygolden: 12:50pm On Sep 05, 2013
Thank God no life was lost. As for Francis, I wish him quick recovery. And for the damaged cars, no shaking - eko oni baje! We are equal to the task noni.
Re: LAGBUS Crashes Into Four Cars On Lagos Island by arthgideon: 12:50pm On Sep 05, 2013
All these bus drivers are terrible drivers. Putting them together with poorly maintained vehicles is just putting everyone at risk
Re: LAGBUS Crashes Into Four Cars On Lagos Island by teeawaii(f): 12:50pm On Sep 05, 2013
Its a good thing no life was lost,am hopin d Francis guy wont die...
Re: LAGBUS Crashes Into Four Cars On Lagos Island by adicious(m): 12:54pm On Sep 05, 2013
The Bus crushed My Sony Xperia Z Phone And I Bought It N200,000 last month... i need a new one.

1 Like

Re: LAGBUS Crashes Into Four Cars On Lagos Island by Arysexy(m): 12:55pm On Sep 05, 2013
The owner of the Volvo car, Saka Owoyale, a father of eight, said he was shocked to see the car he drove this morning crushed.

“I have been driving this car for the past four years and I always park my car under the bridge but I was shocked when I was called that a LAGBUS has destroyed my car. I ran to see the damage but it was beyond repair. I will report the incident at the Ebute-Ero police station and I will ensure that the LAGBUS management buy another car for me,” he said

Poor man mentality! D tuketuke u hav bn driving for d past 4yrs want turn to new one bc of accident. Wot if u died in d accident. Good for fashola's reckless LAGbus nd BRT drivers.
Re: LAGBUS Crashes Into Four Cars On Lagos Island by soccer3: 12:56pm On Sep 05, 2013
Kai . Thank God no life's lost . Eko onibaje ekotijegbese
Re: LAGBUS Crashes Into Four Cars On Lagos Island by 80million1: 12:58pm On Sep 05, 2013
Chineke!
Re: LAGBUS Crashes Into Four Cars On Lagos Island by nerodenero: 12:58pm On Sep 05, 2013
Gbese ni yi o fun awa'ko cry cry cry. I pray Francis survives this accident,amen

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jega’s Ill Health: Reps Cancel Scheduled Meeting With INEC / Speaker Dogara Absent As APC NEC Commences / APC Crisis: Mai Mala Buni May Step Down As Caretaker Committee Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.