Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,078 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

LAGBUS Crashes Into Four Cars On Lagos Island - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LAGBUS Crashes Into Four Cars On Lagos Island (13687 Views)

Wike Carted Away Four Cars As Minister / LAGBUS Crushes Soldier To Death In Lagos Yesterday / Okada Riders Damaged 42 Buses – LAGBUS, LAMATA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LAGBUS Crashes Into Four Cars On Lagos Island by eluquenson(m): 12:59pm On Sep 05, 2013
I saw the vehicle yesterday while coming from ebute ero, the Lagbus driver needs to be prosecuted cos he's driving on a high speed, after all they have the backings of our so called leader.
Hmmm...Eko oni baje o
Re: LAGBUS Crashes Into Four Cars On Lagos Island by andyanders: 1:09pm On Sep 05, 2013
arthgideon: All these bus drivers are terrible drivers. Putting them together with poorly maintained vehicles is just putting everyone at risk

Is LAGBUS same as BRT Buses? I do not know them or their names as I do not enter any of them. What I have witnessed is at the speed these drivers ply on our roads. The BRT buses run at a speed that I fear to even look at cus it's like one heading for suicide.

I wonder why no one cautions these animals on wheel. Lagos state government do not even care or warn them. The way they speed on that their lane is like one assigned to die at all cost. Why I get confused sometimes is, the commuters themselves, do they even complain to these drivers the way the drive?

1 Like

Re: LAGBUS Crashes Into Four Cars On Lagos Island by meee1: 1:11pm On Sep 05, 2013
Wonders shall never end
Re: LAGBUS Crashes Into Four Cars On Lagos Island by bizfirst: 1:13pm On Sep 05, 2013
Sometimes, I feel some of this mess can be avoided with a little after thought: 'what if the brakes fail...?' This is a machine people...but will some crazy driver believe?
Re: LAGBUS Crashes Into Four Cars On Lagos Island by gulfer: 1:21pm On Sep 05, 2013
Technically, were the buses parked in LASG approved parking places. They may be unable to claim any damages due to this and I see it happening.
Re: LAGBUS Crashes Into Four Cars On Lagos Island by 25omega(m): 1:33pm On Sep 05, 2013
I hope they all have insurance because those cars are totaled
Re: LAGBUS Crashes Into Four Cars On Lagos Island by Aadeyinka(m): 1:39pm On Sep 05, 2013
nerodenero: Gbese ni yi o fun awa'ko cry cry cry. I pray Francis survives this accident,amen
Trust Fashola / LAGBUS mgt, they will definitely arrange for another replacement for the man, just relax your own don better.
Re: LAGBUS Crashes Into Four Cars On Lagos Island by deor03(m): 1:58pm On Sep 05, 2013
The owner of the Volvo car, Saka Owoyale, a father of eight, said he was shocked to see the car he drove this morning crushed.

“I have been driving this car for the past four years and I always park my car under the bridge but I was shocked when I was called that a LAGBUS has destroyed my car. I ran to see the damage but it was beyond repair. I will report the incident at the Ebute-Ero police station and I will ensure that the LAGBUS management buy another car for me,” he said

I hope the car is insured.

I also hope and pray that Francis survives
Re: LAGBUS Crashes Into Four Cars On Lagos Island by Momodulovelyne(f): 1:59pm On Sep 05, 2013
All I can say is .....ETT (end time tinz) sad sad
Re: LAGBUS Crashes Into Four Cars On Lagos Island by katunj: 2:05pm On Sep 05, 2013
Download Tijanja Radio for Blackberry and listen to your favorite naija online radio stations
Download Link: http://nexva.com/30681

Re: LAGBUS Crashes Into Four Cars On Lagos Island by Lordskenn(m): 2:06pm On Sep 05, 2013
I don't knw wot wrong wit those LAGBUS drivers. They ar so rough just lyk Molue drives
Re: LAGBUS Crashes Into Four Cars On Lagos Island by ochukoccna: 2:47pm On Sep 05, 2013
I passed by this accident yesterday
While I was not there when it happened, I'm sure it was caused by the driver's recklessness going by how this LAMATA/LAGBUS drivers navigate Lagos roads
Re: LAGBUS Crashes Into Four Cars On Lagos Island by j4sure(m): 2:49pm On Sep 05, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]this is not d best time 2 start apportioning blame, as no sensible drive will want 2 kil or destroy is boss vechicle.am not trying 2 side d driver but we should just thank GOD no life was lost.as 4 d damages insurance shd step in
Re: LAGBUS Crashes Into Four Cars On Lagos Island by agitator: 3:22pm On Sep 05, 2013
Francis? hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Some people no dey hear word. Them go systematically, accidentally, mistakenly, wipe una from that town. cool cool cool
Re: LAGBUS Crashes Into Four Cars On Lagos Island by slimfit1(m): 3:37pm On Sep 05, 2013
Fashola are you using the mot services to collect money for tinubu or what because if your own state buses are not MOTEd then you are not doing your job very well sir enough respect.
Re: LAGBUS Crashes Into Four Cars On Lagos Island by Exponental(m): 3:46pm On Sep 05, 2013
deeptesting: 1. The Drivers of these Lag buses are very reckless and have no regards for other road users, you hear people saying stewpidly that it is Fashola bus and so fu**cking what?
2.The brakes failed showing that the bus lacks proper maintenance.

I hope all the passengers on board at the time of the accident can sue the Lagos State Govt. for putting their life in harms way......
break failure means wat?
Wat a shallow thinker!
Re: LAGBUS Crashes Into Four Cars On Lagos Island by badesco(m): 3:59pm On Sep 05, 2013
Most of those drivers of lagbus are very reckless, rough and gave no regard to state traffic laws. Most of them are probably drawn from NURTW, i mean agbero union.
Re: LAGBUS Crashes Into Four Cars On Lagos Island by KriTic24A: 7:54pm On Sep 05, 2013
3ace: Although LAGBUS currently lacks good maintenance culture, that might not be the reason for the brake failure. Sudden brake
failure in well maintained cars is possible too. The only blame I may apportion to the driver is that he probably must have been feeling the symptoms but still decided to take the risk although there may not be warning signs in some cases. Brakes operate on a hydraulic system; for the system to work effectively there must be fluid in the hydraulic pipes. If the fluid
starts to leak from the system the brake
pedal will feel 'softer' and will often travel
further when pressed. Only God knows whether there were initial signs in this case or it just happened suddenly.

That is why i don't fully agree with proponents of compulsory and physical presense in data capturing introduced by the Lagos State Government as a way of reducing accidents on our road. They advocates that accidents happens too frequently as a result of no genuine driving training. You rightly mention mechanical failure. What about our road condition? Fatigue, IMPATIENCE and the grandfather and great grandmother of all errors and of course accidents: Human Frailty?
these are major causes of accidents.
Or do we take it that the driver in question does not possess the ORIGINAL Driver's Licence and the Proof of Institute compulsorily introduced by Lagos State?

I think in this wise, the driver might have negotiated that bend slightly on a high speed. That could have been the reason he struggled with the Bus before it eventually crashed.
Thank GOD no life was involved.
Re: LAGBUS Crashes Into Four Cars On Lagos Island by boboye03: 8:50pm On Sep 05, 2013
I think there is a need for power holding should be privatize
Re: LAGBUS Crashes Into Four Cars On Lagos Island by protocol(m): 9:06pm On Sep 05, 2013
Breaks in such big buses dont operate on a hydrulic whatever. it operates on air system. Now, if the compressor of the bus begins to malfunction, then their could be a problem with the break. You talk about hydrulic when you want to talk about clutch system in some heavy duty vehicle
3ace: Although LAGBUS currently lacks good maintenance culture, that might not be the reason for the brake failure. Sudden brake
failure in well maintained cars is possible too. The only blame I may apportion to the driver is that he probably must have been feeling the symptoms but still decided to take the risk although there may not be warning signs in some cases. Brakes operate on a hydraulic system; for the system to work effectively there must be fluid in the hydraulic pipes. If the fluid
starts to leak from the system the brake
pedal will feel 'softer' and will often travel
further when pressed. Only God knows whether there were initial signs in this case or it just happened suddenly.
Re: LAGBUS Crashes Into Four Cars On Lagos Island by deebrain(m): 2:40am On Sep 06, 2013
may d lord bring back the days when we were in lag buses and our hearts were all relaxed cos of their safety.

Sometimes we prayed that the journey lasted more hours because in our hearts, we blessed the drivers who seemed to have been messiahs of some sorts and a relief from the madness associated with public transport.

Now we cant wait to leave the buses. While a given journey becomes longer in time, we plead the blood whenever the drivers steps on the gas. We confess our sins when the drivers match the brakes. Those in that bus involved in that accident must have thought it was rapture when that unfortunate thing happened. Pathetic! angry
Re: LAGBUS Crashes Into Four Cars On Lagos Island by Afritop(m): 10:35am On Sep 06, 2013
The driver don buy market. It was better he took took to his heels immediately. THE LAGBUS COULD ALSO BE FAULTY AT THAT TIME
Re: LAGBUS Crashes Into Four Cars On Lagos Island by nestaAK(m): 11:42am On Sep 06, 2013
#Driver... They always flee

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kidnapped Victim Rescued In King's Palace In Delta State ! / Muslim And Christian Girls Stand-against Violence In Jos / Aisha Buhari Attends Babatunde Osotimehin Memorial Lecture In London(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.