Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,191 members, 7,864,097 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 11:48 AM

Do You Think This Country Should Be Divided For Peace's Sake? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You Think This Country Should Be Divided For Peace's Sake? (1248 Views)

b / Should Nigeria Be Divided Into North And South Separate Countries Like Sudan? / Should Nigeria Be Divided? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Think This Country Should Be Divided For Peace's Sake? by Pinkybush: 12:23am On Sep 05, 2013
The way nigerian politicians are struggling to hijack power by all means, one need to stop and ask-what are they fighting for? The only answer is 'for money'. They don't have the interest of the masses at heart but on their lips by telling and promising heaven and earth. This is seen in one ethnic group who think power is their birth right. However, am beginning to sense something worse than what happened in NGF election and Rivers State and I think this country should be divided for GOAT and SHEEPS to go their different ways.

1 Like

Re: Do You Think This Country Should Be Divided For Peace's Sake? by ifebosco: 1:05am On Sep 05, 2013
into how many parts??across religious tribal or how??
Re: Do You Think This Country Should Be Divided For Peace's Sake? by Kanwulia: 3:22am On Sep 05, 2013
HELL NO!

Let Nigerians KEEP SUFFERING the consequences of their COLLECTIVE AND INDIVIDUAL STOOPIDITY!!! kiss

I am loving it! kiss

Sommmme barry join me in doing 'THE AFRICAN SKANK'! cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZds36pvoQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xvdVCJvDOc
Re: Do You Think This Country Should Be Divided For Peace's Sake? by deeptesting(m): 3:35am On Sep 05, 2013
Division seem to be the easy way but cannot solve our problem....What binds us as a people is greater than the politicians that is dividing us.
Re: Do You Think This Country Should Be Divided For Peace's Sake? by Gayigaskia(m): 3:38am On Sep 05, 2013
Pinkybush sounds too gay angry angry Furthermore the problem of Nigeria is not caused by its diversity,breaking up Nigeria is only going to create small countries like Gabon, Equatorial Guinee, or Gambia. Imagine a guy like Uzor Kalu or James Ibori getting the hold of power in one of these states that you think should comprised this country.
Re: Do You Think This Country Should Be Divided For Peace's Sake? by Nobody: 3:44am On Sep 05, 2013
As long as the north east and north west take the southwest with them,no problem

The rest of the nation SE SS and NC can work out an arrangement that will be mutually acceptable but any division with the SW in it is unacceptable to me
It won't work
Sorry
My opinion

5 Likes

Re: Do You Think This Country Should Be Divided For Peace's Sake? by Afam4eva(m): 5:02am On Sep 05, 2013
Has oil dried up? If it hasn't then the only way Nigeria will be partitioned is through violence cos these greedy politicians will not sit down while their means of livelihood is taken from them.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Think This Country Should Be Divided For Peace's Sake? by Nobody: 5:07am On Sep 05, 2013
Lets break up already. Jeez!!
Re: Do You Think This Country Should Be Divided For Peace's Sake? by psucc(m): 7:23am On Sep 05, 2013
It is not only for peace's sake but also EXPEDIENT!
Re: Do You Think This Country Should Be Divided For Peace's Sake? by Nobody: 7:25am On Sep 05, 2013
babyosisi: As long as the north east and north west take the southwest with them,no problem

The rest of the nation SE SS and NC can work out an arrangement that will be mutually acceptable but any division with the SW in it is unacceptable to me
It won't work
Sorry
My opinion

madam shay you know say NC get kogi, kwara, Niger and nasarawa? Dem go gree join una?

As for me o, i pray for the day the useless entity go break

3 Likes

Re: Do You Think This Country Should Be Divided For Peace's Sake? by Trut(m): 7:36am On Sep 05, 2013
I WILL BE THE HAPPIEST MAN ON EARTH THE NIGERIA WILL DIVIDE

3 Likes

Re: Do You Think This Country Should Be Divided For Peace's Sake? by Nobody: 8:53am On Sep 05, 2013
I think dats d best... I can't live in d same country with ppl who hold grudges against me

1 Like

Re: Do You Think This Country Should Be Divided For Peace's Sake? by IGBOSON1: 9:14am On Sep 05, 2013
ifebosco: into how many parts? across religious tribal or how??

^^^Into as many parts as it would take for peace to reign! And b/4 anyone says that there'd still be acrimony and strife in the emerging nations: the way you argue with your brother or trusted neighbour that you've known and lived in peace with for centuries would be different from the way you argue with someone you're forced to live with; who hates your guts, but is only with you for his own economic benefit!

You get the impression that with certain issues in Nigeria of today, there are certain lines that can't be crossed and certain issues that can't be discussed, and this shouldn't be the case!.....every issue should be placed on the table for discussion, as it's these issues that are causing bloodshed, corruption, economic stagnation, laziness, a wrong sense of entitlement, jealousy leading to bring-him-down syndrome, and strife!

Though b/4 talk of separation, there should be a sovereign national conference to see if there's anything we can salvage from the present situation. Only if the following are enthroned can Nigeria work: true fiscal federalism; resource control (at least 50% in the first instance); a central/federal gov't with less powers......ceding more powers to the regions, so nobody feels that Nigeria is holding him back from reaching his full potential! If we can't agree on these then it should be a case of to your tents oh Isreal!

1 Like

Re: Do You Think This Country Should Be Divided For Peace's Sake? by thoth: 9:27am On Sep 05, 2013
Future Impossible Tense....that's the tense we need to use for this.
Re: Do You Think This Country Should Be Divided For Peace's Sake? by Pinkybush: 7:07am On Sep 30, 2013
ifebosco: into how many parts??across religious tribal or how??
Two part. That is northern nigeria and southern nigeria, just like sudan, korea etc
Re: Do You Think This Country Should Be Divided For Peace's Sake? by Pinkybush: 7:10am On Sep 30, 2013
deeptesting: Division seem to be the easy way but cannot solve our problem....What binds us as a people is greater than the politicians that is dividing us.
I bet you if dis country is divided, all dis fight will stop.
Re: Do You Think This Country Should Be Divided For Peace's Sake? by hopilo: 7:11am On Sep 30, 2013
Even when we divide, it just same people,same attitude, same thinking but separate ways and no change. Let change our attitude because it always going the corrupt way.
Re: Do You Think This Country Should Be Divided For Peace's Sake? by DerideGull(m): 7:15am On Sep 30, 2013
Nigeria should be divided for peace’s or war’s sake.
Re: Do You Think This Country Should Be Divided For Peace's Sake? by Pinkybush: 5:16am On Oct 12, 2013
Gayigaskia: Pinkybush sounds too gay angry angry Furthermore the problem of Nigeria is not caused by its diversity,breaking up Nigeria is only going to create small countries like Gabon, Equatorial Guinee, or Gambia. Imagine a guy like Uzor Kalu or James Ibori getting the hold of power in one of these states that you think should comprised this country.
if divided all dis fight at the centre will stop
Re: Do You Think This Country Should Be Divided For Peace's Sake? by cashkid18(m): 7:12am On Oct 12, 2013
peace can only reign if paul is seperated frm barnabas cool cool
Re: Do You Think This Country Should Be Divided For Peace's Sake? by Sunymoore(m): 7:55am On Oct 12, 2013
Blah blah blah whatever
Re: Do You Think This Country Should Be Divided For Peace's Sake? by Nobody: 8:01am On Oct 12, 2013
I pray that we should stay together 'cos the christians in the north will be targeted more, the north will be islamised please for the sake of christianity lets stay together
Re: Do You Think This Country Should Be Divided For Peace's Sake? by jmoore(m): 8:26am On Oct 12, 2013
Nigeria cannot divide. Division will not solve the corruption and security issues we have in this country.

With more than 300 tribes in Nigeria, a single division will lead to thousands of countries later. Even your own village will be come a sovereign nation.
Re: Do You Think This Country Should Be Divided For Peace's Sake? by Dereformer(m): 9:23am On Oct 12, 2013
jmoore: Nigeria cannot divide. Division will not solve the corruption and security issues we have in this country.

With more than 300 tribes in Nigeria, a single division will lead to thousands of countries later. Even your own village will be come a sovereign nation.

Is it not better that way than living with islamic terrorists?
Re: Do You Think This Country Should Be Divided For Peace's Sake? by jmoore(m): 9:34am On Oct 12, 2013
Dereformer:

Is it not better that way than living with islamic terrorists?

Thousands of countries, huh? And you think all northerners are moslems? smh
Re: Do You Think This Country Should Be Divided For Peace's Sake? by juman(m): 9:50am On Oct 12, 2013
One nigeria is the root of all nigeria's problems.

nigeria should be divided and will be divided.

(1) (Reply)

Survivors Of Maiduguri Attacks Telltales Of Horror / Amaechi Goes Ballistic On Jonathan,denies Impregnating Soyinka’s Daughter / GEJ’s Re-election Rallies To Continue While Govt Orders School to stay closed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.