Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,242 members, 7,818,827 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

Are You A Lark, An Owl Or Hummingbird? - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Are You A Lark, An Owl Or Hummingbird? (11102 Views)

"The Owl Who Was God" / Strange Owl Appears In Delta State Govt. House – SEE What Happened Next / Owl Survives Head-on Collision With Pickup Truck (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You A Lark, An Owl Or Hummingbird? by iheneme(m): 2:14pm On Sep 06, 2013
[size=13pt]testing the microphone[/size]
Re: Are You A Lark, An Owl Or Hummingbird? by searay(m): 2:15pm On Sep 06, 2013
Mynd_44:
Huh? I am a hummingbird jorhgrin
I'm Human not a bird
Re: Are You A Lark, An Owl Or Hummingbird? by Hummingbird: 2:41pm On Sep 06, 2013
cheesy team humming bird jare,I sleep late at night and the alarm on my head wakes me up by 5am even if I slip by 4am but am a very deep sleeper,sometimes I dnt even hear when my babies cry @ nyt embarassed
Re: Are You A Lark, An Owl Or Hummingbird? by Abee79(m): 3:02pm On Sep 06, 2013
I am definately an Owl. My brain 'comes alive' at around 8:30pm and is alert till the sun comes up, then it slows down for most of the day, and the circle continues! As a student I read at night and endure the day. Now as a worker,to cope with office work, I wake up early, reach the office at a few minutes past six and furiously attack the most demanding tasks, before the sun comes up... Nice piece!
Re: Are You A Lark, An Owl Or Hummingbird? by Plumkin(f): 3:29pm On Sep 06, 2013
To be very very realistic... I could be any of the three at any point in time. It all depends on my state of mind and the task at hand.

My boss seems to be an 'OWL' though: Lethargic all morning till Lunch time,visibly battles sleep after lunch till some 30 minutes to closing time(5pm) when his brain suddenly lights up and then he starts doing light weight jobs or find faults where there is none.
Re: Are You A Lark, An Owl Or Hummingbird? by Babe2sure(f): 4:43pm On Sep 06, 2013
Plumkin: To be very very realistic... I could be any of the three at any point in time. It all depends on my state of mind and the task at hand.

My boss seems to be an 'OWL' though: Lethargic all morning till Lunch time,visibly battles sleep after lunch till some 30 minutes to closing time(5pm) when his brain suddenly lights up and then he starts doing light weight jobs or find faults where there is none.

My boss is also an 'OWL' He will hardly give you work in the morning or afternoon,it is in the evening time that he will come alive,start giving you work up and down thus, making us past the normal closing hour(6pm)sometimes.
Guess what,after closing hour he will now go to his club(when everyone is yearning to go home and rest).He runs a club at the Island.Stays there with his friends till midnight,he will now start going home at that time(he once ran into robbers at that time on Third mainland bridge) I was like WTF!!! Risking his life because that is his routine.If you need to call him from the office at morning time,you can be sure the sound you will here on the phone,is that of someone in deep sleep.
Re: Are You A Lark, An Owl Or Hummingbird? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 06, 2013
Hummingbird: cheesy team humming bird jare,I sleep late at night and the alarm on my head wakes me up by 5am even if I slip by 4am but am a very deep sleeper,sometimes I dnt even hear when my babies cry @ nyt embarassed

Hahaha. I checked your profile to know when you signed up.

Funny. grin

1 Like

Re: Are You A Lark, An Owl Or Hummingbird? by Jaynec(f): 7:10pm On Sep 06, 2013
Mr Aboki: I am an Ikwi-kwi.. grin
lol
Re: Are You A Lark, An Owl Or Hummingbird? by Tayeni(m): 8:09pm On Sep 06, 2013
resdan: All i knw is £nd time tinx
what's wrong wit you guyz!! Dem send una?!
Re: Are You A Lark, An Owl Or Hummingbird? by Freshprincess(f): 8:53pm On Sep 06, 2013
Funny me, i dn't know mine, but i think my sleeping pattern depends on my mood 4d day.
Re: Are You A Lark, An Owl Or Hummingbird? by Tinyemeka(m): 8:59pm On Sep 06, 2013
Don't know where I fall. sad
Go to bed at 12 - 1 am. Wake up 5am. If I make the mistake of sleeping by 9pm, I may wake up by 1am and won't be able to sleep that morning again. sad
Re: Are You A Lark, An Owl Or Hummingbird? by Hunkyimage(m): 9:09pm On Sep 06, 2013
I think am an effing Eagle and i don't give a flying ffffffk undecided... kiss
Re: Are You A Lark, An Owl Or Hummingbird? by huseinhad(m): 9:46pm On Sep 06, 2013
am birdless but i mine n dat of peacock is similar
Re: Are You A Lark, An Owl Or Hummingbird? by Ninilowo(m): 10:43pm On Sep 06, 2013
Me I be duck cos I no dey sleep at all.
Re: Are You A Lark, An Owl Or Hummingbird? by harsysky(m): 11:11pm On Sep 06, 2013
No better names than those.?... Am not against owing to d fact Op wana make a point but I can't Imagine calling my humble self owl and d rest...Am jst me I sleep around 11 pm and wakes around 8am or 10am, if am not gonna be that busy d nxt day, but if am gonna be, ll sleep early , set my alarm and wake 5am..shikina
Re: Are You A Lark, An Owl Or Hummingbird? by Nobody: 12:01am On Sep 07, 2013
Totally a night owl
Ask my mum
Re: Are You A Lark, An Owl Or Hummingbird? by LordReed(m): 12:51am On Sep 07, 2013
More of an owl. I do try to break the cycle because of work but it just hits me like a sledgehammer.
Re: Are You A Lark, An Owl Or Hummingbird? by Tinyemeka(m): 1:27am On Sep 07, 2013
Honestly, I just can't fall asleep now. No matter how hard I try. angry
Re: Are You A Lark, An Owl Or Hummingbird? by kandiikane(m): 7:04am On Sep 07, 2013
I guess my ex was a lark. For me, it is 7:04am over here and I am just getting myself ready for bed. *3am witch hunting tingz* tongue
Re: Are You A Lark, An Owl Or Hummingbird? by kandiikane(m): 7:06am On Sep 07, 2013
Hunkyimage: I think am an effing Eagle and i don't give a flying ffffffk undecided... kiss
nice
Re: Are You A Lark, An Owl Or Hummingbird? by wjxavier(m): 3:59pm On Sep 07, 2013
Babe2sure: It is called our chronotype ~ It determines our sleep/Alert pattern.There are 3 types:

THE LARK: They are also called(Morning people,Early bird or 'A' people)they sleep early at night at most 1Op.m and wake early in the morning say 6a.m.They are very alert and function better in the morning.They are not at their best in late afternoon or evening simply because they are Lark!!!

THE NIGHT OWL: They are (evening people or 'B' people)they go to bed late(past midnight),feel more energetic before they sleep at night,then wake up late in the morning.They are not at their best in the morning,but they are alert and function better in the evening.Since most companies in Nigeria work time is 8~6p.m,they got no choice but to resume at 8a.m,thus inadequate sleep result and when they do this for several month,they will break down simply because they are Owl!!!They tend to catch up on the lost sleep time at the weekend.Work schedule in Nigeriafavour the larks mostly.

THE HUMMINGBIRD: They have a more flexible sleeping pattern and they are a combination of the above.

I am an extreme lark,I sleep early, no matter how much I try to stay awake and wake up by 5a.m without alarm,(even if I don't have anywhere to go,I must wake at that time)then I would want to do whatever household chores I have pending(because I am most energetic at that time),I hate evening work.

Pals,which sleeping pattern do you fall to?

Without bothering to read, I just gotta say, I love owls.

Funny they used to call me a name in fgc idoani back then.
It was....
Lanre Òwìwí. grin.
Re: Are You A Lark, An Owl Or Hummingbird? by Babe2sure(f): 6:38pm On Sep 07, 2013
wjxavier:

Without bothering to read, I just gotta say, I love owls.

Funny they used to call me a name in fgc idoani back then.
It was....
Lanre Òwìwí. grin.

Like seriously You love owls?Each to his own.That's cool.You are probably an extrovert.
Re: Are You A Lark, An Owl Or Hummingbird? by Mattex001(m): 10:59pm On Sep 07, 2013
Well all my ex's re hummingbird they sleep by 1am after bouncing on me and 5pm they wake up and go to their moms house... Dey are more energetic at midnight ;DWell all my ex's re hummingbird they sleep by 1am after bouncing on me and 5pm they wake up and go to their moms house... Dey are more energetic at midnight
Re: Are You A Lark, An Owl Or Hummingbird? by NiRfreak(m): 11:41pm On Sep 07, 2013
Kaxmytex: My cartegory no even dey dere.....
I fit use 22hrs slip 4 a day nd sumtymz,i fit open mah eyez 4 24hrs without dozing,....

Which cartegory i kum belong nw,i guess say na humminglarkowl
i swear u nid a doctor to check u.. cox uar either insomniac or a sommnolence patient
Re: Are You A Lark, An Owl Or Hummingbird? by donwhizle(m): 8:27am On Sep 08, 2013
Prof Olowu's work....
Re: Are You A Lark, An Owl Or Hummingbird? by Sike(m): 9:47am On Sep 08, 2013
I'll go for.... LARK. cheesy
Re: Are You A Lark, An Owl Or Hummingbird? by Babe2sure(f): 12:54pm On Sep 08, 2013
Sike: I'll go for.... LARK. cheesy

How do you mean? You are a lark or you wish to be a lark?

cheesy grin
Re: Are You A Lark, An Owl Or Hummingbird? by EfemenaXY: 8:30am On Sep 09, 2013
El Guapo:

Talk of NL peers who're in that category - I know of a certain Br3nd4, Xynerise, Oahray, Efemena and Nitlad cheesy

Ah! But you're soooo wrong there!

I'm an early morning lark. Early mo-mo person jare. cheesy
Re: Are You A Lark, An Owl Or Hummingbird? by Nobody: 11:21am On Sep 09, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Ah! But you're soooo wrong there!

I'm an early morning lark. Early mo-mo person jare. cheesy

Hehe

I could hit the archives and unearth your latenite converso with the drunks at those Offtopics! cheesy

2010 till date - Not coincidence tongue
Re: Are You A Lark, An Owl Or Hummingbird? by EfemenaXY: 8:28pm On Sep 12, 2013
El Guapo:

Hehe

I could hit the archives and unearth your latenite converso with the drunks at those Offtopics! cheesy

2010 till date - Not coincidence tongue

Ah! You see, that's the keyword there - drunk.

Blame it all on Jackie & 007's bar serving endless shots of Bloody Mary and Devils on horsback... tongue

I don change now o! It's early mo-mo for moi and I only drink Goldsport and Miranda grin
Re: Are You A Lark, An Owl Or Hummingbird? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Sep 12, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Ah! You see, that's the keyword there - drunk.

Blame it all on Jackie & 007's bar serving endless shots of Bloody Mary and Devils on horsback... tongue

I don change now o! It's early mo-mo for moi and I only drink Goldsport and Miranda grin

Halleluyah - Someone finally gave up on shekpe grin
Re: Are You A Lark, An Owl Or Hummingbird? by EfemenaXY: 8:41pm On Sep 12, 2013
Na so now. Rehab works wonders cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Real Is This Interview Invitation Please. / My Open Letter To IKEDC (NEPA @ Ikeja) / Lagosians Use Canoes As Floods Hit Lagos (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.