Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,452 members, 7,823,062 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Jonathan Too Weak, A Total Disappointment – Asari Dokubo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Too Weak, A Total Disappointment – Asari Dokubo (4203 Views)

Mujahidat, Asari Dokubo's Wife Just Posted This On Facebook... / Buhari Is Too Weak IBB / Jonathan Too Weak To Rule Nigeria, Says Wamakko (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Too Weak, A Total Disappointment – Asari Dokubo by abu12: 7:25am On Sep 05, 2013
[b]The President of the defunct Niger Delta Peoples Volunteer Force, Alhaji Mujahedeen Asari- Dokubo, once again took a swipe at President Goodluck Jonathan, stating that the Nigerian leader is a disappointment to the Ijaw ethnic nationality.
Asari-Dokubo said Jonathan is weak and unassertive as a leader.
The ex-militant commander, who was reacting to the latest crisis in the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, which has led to the factionalisation of the ruling party, lamented that Jonathan could not take bold and courageous steps to tame the dissidents.
Asari-Dokubo, who spoke in a telephone interview with our correspondent, regretted that Jonathan could not act like a typical Ijaw man, who is famous for boldness and exceptional courage.
He asked the President to be guided by an Ijawfamous saying, “Ama Doko Doko Biokpo,” which he interpreted to mean “small, small towns but they are very courageous and keep hope alive.”
Asari-Dokubo said he was unimpressed by “what he called poor response” to the crisis rocking the PDP by the Presidency and advised Jonathan to emulate former President OlusegunObasanjo, who confronted and dealt with the dissidents in the party during his tenure.
He recalled how Obasanjo allegedly wielded power to quench the insurgency led by a former Delta State Governor, Chief James Ibori,within the PDP, against his re-election in 2003.
To this end, he asked Jonathan to stop further peace talks and negotiation with the dissident governors and their collaborators, including Obasanjo and former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar.
He said Jonathan only needed to sit up and demonstrate uncommon courage to subdue his political enemies, adding that the crisis was orchestrated to frustrate his second term ambition.
Asari-Dokubo decried the recent statement credited to Abubakar Gumi that the killings in the North would stop as soon as Jonathan renounced his second term bid, adding that the cleric and his co-travellers were cashing in on the weakness of the President.
He nonetheless expressed the conviction that the plot against Jonathan would fail.
He said: “Jonathan is disgracing the Ijaw people and people of the South-South by negotiating with these dissidents. I am terribly annoyed by the way he is handling this issue, he is a disgrace. If he cannot withstand them he should tell us because there is no basis for negotiation.
“This is the time for Jonathan to act like an Ijaw man and he should stop disgracing us.
“Jonathan should hit them and he should tell usif he cannot hit them so that we can help him to hit them mercilessly. I have the potential to hit them hard. It is on record that I once held Nigeria hostage and Nigeria could not produce oil for 48 hours and my activities forced the prices of crude oil globally to rise by $30 one day. It was unprecedented and I can repeat it.
“The plot against Jonathan will surely fail but the President should be decisive with these people once and for all. Jonathan should assert himself as President and put these people where they should be. Obasanjo, who is leading these people did two terms and he plotted a third term.
“There should be no negotiation with dissidents. It should be total war, no retreat, nosurrender and let us see who will run first. There is time for peace and there is time for war. This is the time to go into war.
“Jonathan should know that this is the time for war and if he cannot sustain the war, we will help him to sustain it. How many governors attempted to frustrate Obasanjo? Ibori and others were united behind Atiku Abubakar to frustrate Obasanjo and they failed because Obasanjo was strong, assertive, decisive and courageous.
“Jonathan should be strong to deal with them but whether he is strong or not, we are ready tosupport and stand by him. It is not a one-man battle but a total war and they must be totally vanquished.”
Besides, Asari-Dokubo asked Jonathan to hand over the Rivers State Governor, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, to the ex-fighters in the Niger Delta for a decisive action.
On Amaechi, he said, “Let the security men step aside and let us see how Amaechi can come to Rivers State. Amaechi should not be protected because he has betrayed the collective interest of the Niger Delta.
“Jonathan should be decisive and look at the other way and allow us to stand on the streets for 24 hours and we will see whether this madness by Amaechi will not end.” [/b]

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=119703

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Too Weak, A Total Disappointment – Asari Dokubo by Kanwulia: 7:27am On Sep 05, 2013
ET TU BRUTUS? shocked

NEXT?

Chief BABANLA "IKEH" CLARK!!!!! grin

I thought HOE-NATHAN WAS AN IGBO MAN CALLED AZIKIWE? tongue
Who are the dissidents?
Did HOE-NATHAN not poke his fingers in AMAECHI'S EYES F'0'RST? angry

Please take a leaf from PA ANENIH. . . YOU BUSSSSSSH TOUT! kiss
Re: Jonathan Too Weak, A Total Disappointment – Asari Dokubo by Nobody: 7:31am On Sep 05, 2013
A good point though but Mr Man, go mind your militant business that you only know how to do. Leave politics for politicians. Who even make you a VIP in Naija that u go dey put mouth anyhow 4 national matter undecided
Re: Jonathan Too Weak, A Total Disappointment – Asari Dokubo by Tolexander: 7:36am On Sep 05, 2013
Either asari dokubo wants a renewal of the chop-make-i-chop contract with GEJ or he has ported!
Re: Jonathan Too Weak, A Total Disappointment – Asari Dokubo by deeptesting(m): 7:41am On Sep 05, 2013
The president is weak and lacks the courage and strength required of a leader who can take us out of our current predicament and this is the more reason why Asari Dukobo should pitch his tent with the G7 to oust him come 2007 rather than calling for violence.
Re: Jonathan Too Weak, A Total Disappointment – Asari Dokubo by Nobody: 7:45am On Sep 05, 2013
Jonathan doesn't need any force to deal with the rebels. The masses are in support of Mr president because no Nigerian can lead us to the promise land except Jonathan. He has his plans mapped out. In GEJ Nigerians Trust. Every sector of the economy is moving forward,the ASUU strike will soon be a thing of the past as Mr president is mapping out a plan to solve all the problems of ASUU once and for all.GEJ 2015 till 2019! A dream turned reality!!!!!! Haters kill yourselves.

10 Likes

Re: Jonathan Too Weak, A Total Disappointment – Asari Dokubo by takedat(m): 7:48am On Sep 05, 2013
What an unusual story. So the President is Ballsless? cool

Dokubo, though a rabble-rouser is not one of the 'I-Totally-Agree-With-You-Sir'!
Re: Jonathan Too Weak, A Total Disappointment – Asari Dokubo by Standing5(m): 7:48am On Sep 05, 2013
"There is a time for peace and there is a time for war. . . Jonathan should know that this is the time for war . . . "

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Too Weak, A Total Disappointment – Asari Dokubo by Nobody: 7:48am On Sep 05, 2013
Jonathan sometimes disappoint, why did he want to stand beside Kwakwanso a bloody governor to take pics? He dey fall hand anyhow, he should be strong in this period I believe he will overcome this problem. I'm APC yet Jonathan deserves some respect cos he's still our President. The way these people are frustrating him is bad just cos he's weak. He may win in 2015 again if these Montulas continue to frustrate and embarass him, people will see them as being desperate for power and out of pity decide to vote for Jonathan again cos I believe he's going to win the PDP ticket whether the Abokis like it or not. The candidate that APC present would decide whether they win or lose, if they present Ayatollah Buhari or any useless candidate they should forget it. We will vote for our APC governors in Southwest and Vote Jonathan again. Bro Jo, be strong and act like a brave you shall overcome.

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Too Weak, A Total Disappointment – Asari Dokubo by Standing5(m): 7:50am On Sep 05, 2013
chidindufrank: Jonathan doesn't need any force to deal with the rebels. The masses are in support of Mr president because no Nigerian can lead us to the promise land except Jonathan. He has his plans mapped out. In GEJ Nigerians Trust. Every sector of the economy is moving forward,the ASUU strike will soon be a thing of the past as Mr president is mapping out a plan to solve all the problems of ASUU once and for all.GEJ 2015 till 2019! A dream turned reality!!!!!! Haters kill yourselves.
Are u of opinion that Gej go for the people - rigging, or he listens to Asari - war?
Re: Jonathan Too Weak, A Total Disappointment – Asari Dokubo by Nobody: 7:51am On Sep 05, 2013
whenever Asari Dokubo makes a statement, it's obvious he is in dire need of something from the government. another sycophant on the loose! grin

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Too Weak, A Total Disappointment – Asari Dokubo by ayusco85(m): 7:53am On Sep 05, 2013
Its not about weakness, its about honouring an agreement he signed to go only one term. The north arent stupid
Re: Jonathan Too Weak, A Total Disappointment – Asari Dokubo by takedat(m): 7:58am On Sep 05, 2013
chidindufrank:

The masses are in support of Mr president because no Nigerian can lead us to the promise land except Jonathan.

I have nothing against GEJ, but my problem is with this small-clique of compliantly grateful, usually well-schooled diminished minds who exude bellows of choking smoke around Jonathan; plastering on him a veneer of Christ-like 'infallibility and indispensibility'. A Nation of 170million with lots of highly educated elite and resourceful intelligentsia, "What do you mean by 'no Nigerian' can lead us to the promise land except Jonathan"? Only misfits and dunces engage in hyperbolic sycophancy.

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Too Weak, A Total Disappointment – Asari Dokubo by Caleboha(m): 8:00am On Sep 05, 2013
ayusco85: Its not about weakness, its about honouring an agreement he signed to go only one term. The north arent stupid
Did you see the document he signed? Religious bigot! Ok, we agree power will go to the north in 2015 but David Mark will be the man in Aso rock. Are you happy? I guess not. Isn't he a northerner? Of course, its just that he's not a Muslim and as such unfit for the seat. We all know what you mean, when you insist power must move to the north. Mind you I have nothing against muslims and I'm not GEJ's fan but I hate bigotry with a passion!

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Too Weak, A Total Disappointment – Asari Dokubo by Nobody: 8:01am On Sep 05, 2013
Standing5: Are u of opinion that Gej go for the people - rigging, or he listens to Asari - war?
You're just deceiving yourself,call for an election today and make Obama inec chairman,your own family would still vote for Jonathan because he is the best in Nigeria for now. Maybe by 2019 others might have learnt from him and qualify for the post.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Too Weak, A Total Disappointment – Asari Dokubo by Rhino5dm: 8:05am On Sep 05, 2013
Jonathan should appoint people like Hamza Al Mustapha as the head of EFCC and watch how everything, I mean everything will fall into place. Though, I don't like PDP but I've to call a spade a spade.

@Topic

I agree with what Asari said 100% cos that's exactly what I will do. All the so-called dissidents are bunch of corrupt, useless, good for nothing, power thirsty fools.

#IHateAtiku

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Too Weak, A Total Disappointment – Asari Dokubo by dridowu: 8:11am On Sep 05, 2013
[/quote] i have the potential to hit them hard. It is on record that i once held Nigeria hostage and Nigeria could not produce oil for 48hours and my activities forced the prices of crude oil globally to rise by $30 one day. It was unprecedented and i can repeat it [/quote].
This guy is drunk, yet one blingbling man will not see this man as a bad man, if others talk, that is when they will say that they are threatening d entire nation
Re: Jonathan Too Weak, A Total Disappointment – Asari Dokubo by egift(m): 8:13am On Sep 05, 2013
Jonathan is weak. All he can do is beg.

For Asari, he can be beaten black and blue and nothing will happen.
Re: Jonathan Too Weak, A Total Disappointment – Asari Dokubo by Jorussia(m): 8:18am On Sep 05, 2013
every sane person should nt encourage this kind of remarks,no matter d part of d country its coming 4rm.we dont need war, go and luk at what is going on in syria.asari should nt b wishing amaechi death publicly,if it was advanced country he would ave been arrested.we should learn 4rm germany where hitler wanted a world power thru war,bt he failed woefully.bt today germany is world power,thru education,robust economy and massive and efficient industrialisation.
Re: Jonathan Too Weak, A Total Disappointment – Asari Dokubo by carzola(m): 8:21am On Sep 05, 2013
To dokubo to carry stone in the forest dosent make you strong,.it makes you a potential bodyguard.. To Gej keep your calm we are strongly behind you.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Too Weak, A Total Disappointment – Asari Dokubo by Nobody: 8:23am On Sep 05, 2013
No uniformity in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Too Weak, A Total Disappointment – Asari Dokubo by abu12: 8:26am On Sep 05, 2013
No comment!
Re: Jonathan Too Weak, A Total Disappointment – Asari Dokubo by slap1(m): 8:28am On Sep 05, 2013
GEJ literally gave him the mouth to speak and even made him a "youngerstates man". Let him speak. Brainless militant speaking to his shoeless benefactor.

In the Pope's voice *Who am I to judge them?*
Re: Jonathan Too Weak, A Total Disappointment – Asari Dokubo by alaoeri: 8:29am On Sep 05, 2013
Guess august allowee never enter due to the brouhaha that's why Asari is ranting.
Re: Jonathan Too Weak, A Total Disappointment – Asari Dokubo by Nobody: 8:30am On Sep 05, 2013
I like Asari's guts but terming our president 'weak' and 'dissapointment' is disrespectful.
As for Uncle GEJ,he will triumph come 2015.Victory is written all over him.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Too Weak, A Total Disappointment – Asari Dokubo by sasview: 8:31am On Sep 05, 2013
Confuse man blaming jonathan for being weak castigating Amechi for being courageous and exhibiting genuine Ijaw's demeanour.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Too Weak, A Total Disappointment – Asari Dokubo by femoint007(m): 8:32am On Sep 05, 2013
chidindufrank: Jonathan doesn't need any force to deal with the rebels. The masses are in support of Mr president because no Nigerian can lead us to the promise land except Jonathan. He has his plans mapped out. In GEJ Nigerians Trust. Every sector of the economy is moving forward,the ASUU strike will soon be a thing of the past as Mr president is mapping out a plan to solve all the problems of ASUU once and for all.GEJ 2015 till 2019! A dream turned reality!!!!!! Haters kill yourselves.
,how many masses?
Re: Jonathan Too Weak, A Total Disappointment – Asari Dokubo by Built2last: 8:34am On Sep 05, 2013
Teeth too plenty for this guy mouth
Re: Jonathan Too Weak, A Total Disappointment – Asari Dokubo by gerald09(m): 8:35am On Sep 05, 2013
I don't fink GEJ has a problem, cos check out the messenger, a glorified tout, well when GEJ leave power n the North takes over watch an see how u will be returned back to d slums u belong.
Re: Jonathan Too Weak, A Total Disappointment – Asari Dokubo by Nobody: 8:38am On Sep 05, 2013
take dat: I have nothing against GEJ, but my problem is with this small-clique of compliantly grateful, usually well-schooled diminished minds who exude bellows of choking smoke around Jonathan; plastering on him a veneer of Christ-like 'infallibility and indispensibility'. "What do you mean by no Nigerian can lead us to the promise land except Jonathan", in a nation of highly educated elite. Only misfits and dunces engage in hyperbolic sycophancy.
Bros, are you in anyway related to Hon Patrick Obaighon? Just asking grin
Re: Jonathan Too Weak, A Total Disappointment – Asari Dokubo by iphy42: 8:39am On Sep 05, 2013
chidindufrank: You're just deceiving yourself,call for an election today and make Obama inec chairman,your own family would still vote for Jonathan because he is the best in Nigeria for now. Maybe by 2019 others might have learnt from him and qualify for the post.

In what area is he best. How can you make GEJ appear infallible after about 4 years of looting and impunity in ALL sectors of the economy right under his nose?
Please answer these very few questions and you will totally buy me over.
Why is kerosene being subsidized for 50 naira selling for
130 naira?
Why has the FG not agreed to honour it's agreement with ASUU? There's no money you might say but there is money to lavish on centenary city for a few.
Despite all the borrowings, why are basic infrastructures worse than before?
Why has GEJ refused to declare for 2015 even when his body language is craving for 2015 thereby causing unnecessary pressure on the polity?
What about the refineries he promised to revamp more than a year ago, are they performing optimally now?
The subsidy thieves unveiled more than a year ago, has any been prosecuted or have the cases been swept under the carpets as usual?
Why did the FG sign to increase the tariff of electricity yearly when power is "heavily" epileptic?
I can go on and on to show you and those like you that the president is indeed human and not a god or super hero as you paint him. I don't stand by Atiku et al either but the president is yet to earn the peoples trust

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Too Weak, A Total Disappointment – Asari Dokubo by Nobody: 8:40am On Sep 05, 2013
femoint007: ,how many masses?
150milion

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

SSS Burst Camp Of APC Militia, Recover Arms, Cash, And Arrest Former SSS Member / Picture Of Ondo That Got Rid Of Local Government / Buhari Has Deep Hatred For Igbo – Ohanaeze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.