Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,318 members, 7,815,608 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

What Does God Hate - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does God Hate (579 Views)

What Christianity Teaches! God Hate Religion. / The Uttermost Sin God Hate Most. / Why Does The Abrahamic God Hate Merriment? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Does God Hate by Nobody: 2:31pm On Sep 05, 2013
One of the very few cases where God openly expressed hate is in revelation. Many other forms of malaise between God and man existed, but hate is unique. Hate is a Calculated and/or intentional intense dislike; an intensified and elevated level of anger; an unnatural emotion (Urban Dictionary). Rev 2:6-15 tells us one thing that God Hates the Nicolaitans. I found this about Nicolaitans and it seems quite instructive of many moder church movement.

Please note that the writeup is old, and I cant pinpoint the source.

Nicolaitan is composed of two words Nicao which means Victor or Conqueror and Laos (which the word “Laity” comes from, meaning the people). A Nicolaitan is one who rules over the common people. Today we have Nicolaitans, meaning those having authority to rule over others. This is a two-class system in which a certain person or group is given greater prominence over other believers. They rule over them in an unbiblical manner, sometimes it is done against peoples will, other times willingly. The Catholics have their priesthood and now many of the Charismatics have their apostles/ prophets. Many look for an impartation of the spirit or a revelation from an anointed preacher. Nicolaitans teach that we need to come to them for a blessing. The original Nicolaitans were a sect of the Gnostics. This source is significant in understanding what is happening to the Church today.

The apostles' leadership was true shepherding, not dictating what people were to do but through being personally involved in their lives showing what they themselves did. When people tried to follow or uplift a certain apostle they were rebuked (1Cor.1:11-12), yet today many popular teachers make disciples after their own selves, claiming to have God’s approval of this. Shepherding has always been identified as the control that is exercised in the cults. Today we can even find this in some Christian Church's that hold to the fundamentals of the faith. This happens when individuals who become an Island to themselves and start to rule over the sheep beyond biblical guidelines. We all have the same standing before God. We all have the same Holy Spirit and mediator. Anyone can receive from Jesus, who is the one we all should be seeking; no person can do what He can. So to pursue an anointing or an impartation from someone other than Jesus is unbiblical. Teaching, instruction, and wisdom yes- The Holy Spirit: no.

The true Church seeks and depends on God’s counsel. David writes Ps 119:103-105: “How sweet are Your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth! Through Your precepts I get understanding; therefore I hate every false way. Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.” As Jesus said we live by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God. We don’t chase after his presence or miracles we feed on his word and His spirit moves us to service. We have rest and comfort in His spirit, love, joy, peace are all ours as we abide in Him.

The true Church is not wise in its own eyes but has humility, having the mind of Christ. They do not puff themselves up or boast of their works to others. Should we thrive on the opinions of others to have the approval of people? Prov. 25:27: “It is not good to eat much honey; so to seek one's own glory is not glory.” Prov. 25:16: “Have you found honey? Eat only as much as you need, lest you be filled with it and vomit.” To eat only the sweet things of God and neglect the harder truths that will make you grow will make you sick. The word is to affect us and it can be hard to live it out. This is why the body of Christ has found herself in spiritual ill health; we have pursued honey like a hungry bears. We have thrived on hearing the sweet things and neglected the applications. We want immediate results and have abandoned perseverance.
Many find themselves on the side of accepting all things because of peer pressure or it is the fashion to be spiritually correct.

Are you a Nicolaitan
Re: What Does God Hate by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:57pm On Sep 05, 2013
God hate knowledge.

God hate awakeness and self-discovery (that make us God too so he hate other Gods)

God hate esau.

God hate those that emancipate themselves from mental slavery

God hate discovering, scientific competitiveness and serial debunking

(1) (Reply)

Monday Morning Meditation: A Corpse In My Wardrobe! / it's evil;stop nw! / Deleted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.