Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

Strange Images Appear In Mosque In Ikorodu - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Strange Images Appear In Mosque In Ikorodu (2352 Views)

Is This The Most Beautiful Mosque In Nigeria? / Kano City Mosque Bombing!! 400yrs Old History Broken / 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Strange Images Appear In Mosque In Ikorodu by Maxymilliano(m): 10:54pm On Sep 05, 2013
Barely a year after a child was reportedly born with a copy of the Holy Quran in Lagos and another born with an Islamic rosary, (Tesbah) in Sagamu, Ogun State. Last Tuesday, another amazing event occurred at Owode Onirin, Ikorodu, Lagos; as images of some clerics who died decades ago were believed to have made sudden appearances on the walls of Dawiz Central Mosque in the area.

When Vanguard visited the mosque, thousands of people and passers-by storm the mosque to have a glimpse.

The images were identified as that of late Sheikh Ahmada Tijani, (Algeria) Sheikh Ibraheem Niass, (Senegal) Sheikh Jamiu Bulala. (Nigeria)

Although the images were not clear as at the time Vanguard visited, but those who spoke to Vanguard said the images were clearer on Tuesday when they were first noticed.

•Perceived image of Sheikh Ibrahim Niass (not confirmed by Vanguard)

According to Eye-witness: “The images were noticed on Tuesday September 3, on the walls of the mosque which was constructed a few months ago and owned by Sheikh Musa Alegbeleye.”

It was gathered that four months ago, the image of Sheikh Jamiu Bulala Islamic Cleric, who had died two decades ago appeared first faintly to the consternation of Muslim faithful and they decided never to make it public to creat any doubt.

The strange occurence has turned the serene Owode Onirin area into a Makkah of sorts as people thronged the area not only to see but to also offer some prayers. Right inside the mosque, people were seen holding bottles/satchets of water muttering prayers and shouting Allahu Akbar (God is great). Some were even seen bowing to the image.

•Perceived image of Sheikh Jamiu Bulala outside the mosque (Seen by Vanguard)

Efforts to speak with the founder of the group and leader of the mosque, Sheikh Alegbeleye, was futile, as we were told he was sleeping after observing several vigil prayers.

Speaking on the development and an eye-witness, the President of Islamic society of Nigeria, Lagos State Mukadam Alhaji Samodu Onikoyi confirmed the appearance of the images. “We started noticing a very faint image which came with intermittent brightness on the inside wall of the mosque which were replica of the portrait of Sheikh Ibrahim Niass, Sheikh Jamiu Bulala and Sheikh Ahmaa Tijani engraved on the walls of the building.”

How it Happened: “A member of the mosque Alhaja Idayatu Idera Afolabi first noticed it and she rushed out to inform everybody and when we saw it, we decided to cover it, because we thought if we announce it, people will think it is ruse that one is trying to play on their intelligence.

But when I also saw it, I was greatly terrified, wondering how such thing could have happened”.

People bowing to the obscure image

“My thought was that the image would eventually disappeared but on the second day, it brightened more and started showing on all sides of the building which made us to still cover it untill it became public“.

An eye-witness also disclosed that attempt was made by some individuals to wash off the images but to no avail; adding that the more they try to rub it off, the more the images become clearer.

Non-Muslims’ comment

I don’t believe it — Mrs Oluranti Jonson
For me, that image is not real and it’s an evil imagination. Because the Bible says Jesus will come down with the Holy Saints and Prophet at the last day. And I will advice those clerics to stop deceiving people because I don’t understand what that means and I have not seen such before.

Crowd trying to gain entry into the mosque

It’s a sign of end time — Mr Mike Nwoha

This is unbelievable, although as a Christian, I’m not trying to say this is evil but to them they believe; it’s a sign of end time and some of them said it is stated in the Koran. So, I cannot judge, only God knows the truth about it. All I can say is that we are all serving the living God, there should not be anything like the Muslims are idol worshipers but to me this is a sign of end time. So, people should mend their ways.

Also, one Mrs Idayatu Afolabi said: “When we saw that the image, it was a strange thing, I told my husband to inform those that know better than us, it was then we called on the Imam who told us not to announce it until now that the images decided to brighten up on the wall of the mosque building “.

The shout of “Allahu Akbar” (God is Great) rented the air as hundreds of people continue to find their ways to the the Mosque in Owode Onirin to have a glimpse.

Further reading at:
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/09/pandemonium-in-ikorodu-as-strange-images-appear-in-mosque/
Re: Strange Images Appear In Mosque In Ikorodu by Nobody: 11:00pm On Sep 05, 2013
Orisirisi! Why things like this always happen in Nigeria?
Re: Strange Images Appear In Mosque In Ikorodu by Nobody: 11:01pm On Sep 05, 2013
Poor things!

2 Likes

Re: Strange Images Appear In Mosque In Ikorodu by luvola(m): 11:02pm On Sep 05, 2013
gullible Nigerian will believe this..smh

1 Like

Re: Strange Images Appear In Mosque In Ikorodu by Nobody: 11:05pm On Sep 05, 2013
Ignorance + Poverty + Religion dogmatism = MUMUISM

1 Like

Re: Strange Images Appear In Mosque In Ikorodu by badmeat(m): 11:06pm On Sep 05, 2013
Some people r already bowing down to the images!when I was a little boy!I always think angel gabriel is smiling down on me from our stained ceiling!undecided

2 Likes

Re: Strange Images Appear In Mosque In Ikorodu by Maxymilliano(m): 11:07pm On Sep 05, 2013
Portrait picture of Sheikh Ibraheem Niass
[img]http://24.196.234.19/images/baye.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: Strange Images Appear In Mosque In Ikorodu by Nobody: 11:13pm On Sep 05, 2013
Because of this lie,I'v decided to join the End time Train. Make una wake me up if the signs begin turn into money.

1 Like

Re: Strange Images Appear In Mosque In Ikorodu by solopumpy227: 11:15pm On Sep 05, 2013
If education is expensive try ignorance...

1 Like

Re: Strange Images Appear In Mosque In Ikorodu by Tuntheycr7: 11:19pm On Sep 05, 2013
Na only in naija. Nobody has been born wt rosary or quaran 4rm d holy mecca..
Perhapz i dnt wana say d popular nairaland em em' END T......

1 Like

Re: Strange Images Appear In Mosque In Ikorodu by goist(m): 11:24pm On Sep 05, 2013
grin grin i laugh in taiwain...but still end time tins
Re: Strange Images Appear In Mosque In Ikorodu by Nobody: 11:29pm On Sep 05, 2013
Things like this are friethening. which brings me to my outlined question and one conclsion.
1. What is the natural n physical principle behind d pics?

2. Could it be an artist came around or an angel did d sketch?

3. Is our brain being washed by some fanatics?

My possible answer is a sentence of three words, its a pity it is provocating here in NL but pls seun n co permit me to say this is obviously a sign of the End time things.

Thnks 4 understanding if this post remains.
Re: Strange Images Appear In Mosque In Ikorodu by Haywhymido(m): 12:03am On Sep 06, 2013
Dose mumu pipo bowin down 4 images in d mosque must b sick.Islamically,dat is wrong.

5 Likes

Re: Strange Images Appear In Mosque In Ikorodu by Hadone(m): 12:07am On Sep 06, 2013
Bowing down to an image? God forbid. All this cinema's which they use mordern technology gadgets to dubiously project at the walls of mosques cannot help Islam in any way. Islam is a TRUE religion of God and therefore dont need such manipulations to prosper.

1 Like

Re: Strange Images Appear In Mosque In Ikorodu by clemmonce(m): 12:12am On Sep 06, 2013
if i talk wetin dey my mınd na ban be dat. my flesh is telling me to talk but my spirit is sayin dont talk. wetin i go do

1 Like

Re: Strange Images Appear In Mosque In Ikorodu by Nobody: 12:48am On Sep 06, 2013
I wonder what yoruba muslems are always trying to prove with all these lies? Is it a way of converting yoruba christians to islam or what? Or is it one of the strategies being used to continually subjugate yoruba christians politically and rule over them?Or are the yoruba muslims trying to prove to the northern muslims that they are true muslims?
They came up with story of a baby born with a koran which northern muslims didn't buy or accept as true,now this.all these ridiculous islamic stories keep coming from yoruba mosques and yoruba muslems.what do yoruba moslems want?
Re: Strange Images Appear In Mosque In Ikorodu by pendusky(m): 4:54am On Sep 06, 2013
chai ETT dudes hav a host to feed on!! waiting for them
Re: Strange Images Appear In Mosque In Ikorodu by BabaEleko(m): 4:59am On Sep 06, 2013
ALLAHU AKBAR!!!!
Re: Strange Images Appear In Mosque In Ikorodu by Deen4me(m): 5:37am On Sep 06, 2013
@ OP

I don't understand Man's incessant need to associate Divinity to anything and everything.

The Basic message of all Abrahamic religion is worship God and God Alone !!!!

Everyone will follow what you used to worship on the day of Judgement be it the Sun,Jesus,Muhammad(PBUT),Rock etc

Ascribing divinity to Idols,the Sun or Moon,water or thunder or even Man is absolute Shirk.

Men that have passed away and are in their graves, awaiting Allah's judgement

There has been people who are better and more righteous that have come and gone.

Muhammad is not but a messenger. [Other] messengers have passed on before him.
So if he was to die or be killed, would you turn back on your heels [to unbelief]?
And he who turns back on his heels will never harm Allah at all; but Allah will reward the grateful.
Q3:144

May Allah keep us on the straight path
Re: Strange Images Appear In Mosque In Ikorodu by sammy329(m): 5:41am On Sep 06, 2013
ETT
Re: Strange Images Appear In Mosque In Ikorodu by 3ace(m): 5:43am On Sep 06, 2013
If it is not an attempt to deceive the public then it is hallucination.
Re: Strange Images Appear In Mosque In Ikorodu by Nobody: 5:58am On Sep 06, 2013
If strange things don't happen in Catholic church, they will always happen in Islam. IMO, the reason simply is IDOL WORSHIPPING fullstop undecided
Re: Strange Images Appear In Mosque In Ikorodu by Danhumprey: 6:33am On Sep 06, 2013
The people depicted in those images,probably have a message for the muslim faithfuls! lipsrsealed
Re: Strange Images Appear In Mosque In Ikorodu by ednut1(m): 6:54am On Sep 06, 2013
Rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Strange Images Appear In Mosque In Ikorodu by dridowu: 8:20am On Sep 06, 2013
Allah is Great
Re: Strange Images Appear In Mosque In Ikorodu by Sissie(f): 11:36am On Sep 06, 2013
They are bowing to the image!!!!!!!!!! SHIRK
Seriously, that could have been done by an artist or jinn.

1 Like

Re: Strange Images Appear In Mosque In Ikorodu by Rilwayne001: 12:17pm On Sep 06, 2013
Dis is notin bt Lie.. ai am a muslim, bt i dnt believe in diz shit, dis is d work of devilish Jinn...Mat Allah 4gv us nd shoW us d ryt way
Re: Strange Images Appear In Mosque In Ikorodu by deols(f): 2:21pm On Sep 06, 2013
astaghfirullah.

This is totally wrong.

But why do people believe this rubbish?
Re: Strange Images Appear In Mosque In Ikorodu by deols(f): 4:01pm On Sep 06, 2013

(1)

The Meaning Of Surat Al-fathia / Is Quran A True Word Of God / 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.