Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,244 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:34 AM

5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque (30557 Views)

Is This The Most Beautiful Mosque In Nigeria? / How Can I Stop Sleeping While In The Mosque? / Kano City Mosque Bombing!! 400yrs Old History Broken (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by Awesomeking: 12:55pm On Oct 09, 2014
I just couldnt help but post this,these people freak me out everytime i go to pray..herez 5 types of people you see in a mosque

1.The prayer warrior-this person is always at the mosque atleast 40 mins before prayer time.i dont know why,he probably thinks getting there first would make God to bless him first

2..The tecno android owner-this person is always scrolling this or typing that during the sermon,this person hardly looks up from the phone,until when it is time to go thats when he remembers he is in a mosque

3.The quran king-this one annoys me the most,he always tries to let everyone know that he has indepth knowledge of the quran,whatever surah the imam is reading or preaching about,this person recites it along with the imam,and he doesnt mind being very AUDIBLE

4.The blackberry owner.this person comes to the mosque with charger to charge his blackberry..there was actually a time when a dude walked straight to where the imam was standing and plugged his phone close to the imam when prayer was going on

5.The late comer-this person always comes late every single day and always tries to squeeze himself into an already filled mat..

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by Adeoba10(m): 1:16pm On Oct 09, 2014
You called urself a Muslim, n someone who is an Hafiz is reciting d holy Quran den u r annoyed...

135 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by kazmanbanjoko(m): 1:33pm On Oct 09, 2014
Op, I doubt if you are a muslim bcoz a good muslim will be at the mosque some minutes (anytime) before the prayer started, a good muslim should be able to memorize the quran, a good muslim must make sure that there is no space left in between jamaa when praying (i.e. you must fill the space even if its full at times). So, always be a good and pratical muslim.

105 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by Ahmadjr(m): 2:28pm On Oct 09, 2014
Awesomeking:
I just couldnt help but post this,these people freak me out everytime i go to pray..herez 5 types of people you see in a mosque

1.The prayer warrior-this person is always at the mosque atleast 40 mins before prayer time.i dont know why,he probably thinks getting there first would make God to bless him first.

I think u're just a casual Muslim if u really belittle someone who does this.

85 Likes

Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by Ahmadjr(m): 2:29pm On Oct 09, 2014
Praise be to Allaah.
Hastening to join the congregation and
coming early to the mosque are virtuous
deeds which many people neglect and fall
short in. When the believer tastes the
sweetness of faith and feels delight in
worship, he can hardly wait to hear the call
to prayer and go to the mosque. Indeed you
will see him hastening and rushing, and the
time for prayer does not begin without him
longing for it. The Prophet’s description
applies to him, as one of the seven whom
Allaah will shade with His shade on the Day
when there is no shade but His: he is the
man whose heart is attached to the
mosque.
Undoubtedly coming early to congregational
prayers and being keen to be one of the first
ones there is a sign of respect and
eagerness for this ritual, and it is also
indicative of a person’s righteousness,
religious commitment and piety. Sufyaan al-
Thawri said: Your coming to the prayer
before the iqaamah is a sign of respect for
the prayer. End quote.

94 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by Awesomeking: 4:12pm On Oct 09, 2014
Yeah,i also get to the mosque extra early,but dude..prayer is 2pm and tha nigga is there around 12..dats weird....and theres a big difference btw reciting along and showing off,u can recite silently,bt these people scream out loud

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by Awesomeking: 4:12pm On Oct 09, 2014
Yeah,i also get to the mosque extra early,but dude..prayer is 2pm and tha nigga is there around 12..dats weird....and theres a big difference btw reciting along and showing off,u can recite silently,bt these people scream out loud,4 God sake,they are in a place of worship not a club..

3 Likes

Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by lanrexlan(m): 5:51pm On Oct 09, 2014
Awesomeking:
Yeah,i also get to the mosque extra early,but dude..prayer is 2pm and tha nigga is there around 12..dats weird....and theres a big difference btw reciting along and showing off,u can recite silently,bt these people scream out loud,4 God sake,they are in a place of worship not a club..
First question brother,how did you know he got to the mosque around 12? Are you monitoring him?
Secondly,have you ever caution these people that scream out loud if you think their noise is too much?

41 Likes

Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by Nobody: 8:01pm On Oct 09, 2014
@lanrexlan,pls free this brother,it seems he only wants to catch some fun.This type of topic is trending now.
@op,let me add mine .
those that always rush to join the solat,
those that shake their body when saying Aaamin(after fatiha),
those that mistook your new dunlop slippers for their own esp after fajr prayers(smiling)
those that doze off during khutbah on Fridays.
May Allah forgive our shortcomings.

57 Likes

Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by Awesomeking: 9:47pm On Oct 09, 2014
zeezzy:
@lanrexlan,pls free this brother,it seems he only wants to catch some fun.This type of topic is trending now.
@op,let me add mine .
those that always rush to join the solat,
those that shake their body when saying Aaamin(after fatiha),
those that mistook your new dunlop slippers for their own esp after fajr prayers(smiling)
those that doze off during khutbah on Fridays.
May Allah forgive our shortcomings.
yeah,i hate it when people wear ma shoe and start walking away like they dont feel the difference

22 Likes

Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by Awesomeking: 9:50pm On Oct 09, 2014
lanrexlan:
First question brother,how did you know he got to the mosque around 12? Are you monitoring him?
Secondly,have you ever caution these people that scream out loud if you think their noise is too much?
i dont need to monitor em,after prayer,they always like-mehn,prayer late 2day oh,na since around 12 i cum,they say it audibly so everyone would hear

if i dont caution em then i wont be doing my job as a muslim brother,i caution a lot,bt i cant possibly caution everyone,am not a magician

12 Likes

Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by Nobody: 2:05am On Oct 10, 2014
phantonce:
R
phantonce:
B
Me and you na the same thing.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by Nobody: 2:09am On Oct 10, 2014
R
Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by Nobody: 2:09am On Oct 10, 2014
B

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by Nobody: 2:12am On Oct 10, 2014
Seems like its 5 types of so so so that is reigning now.On a more serious note Op did u go to mosque to worship or to look at other people.

5 Likes

Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by Nobody: 2:12am On Oct 10, 2014
Adeoba10:
You called urself a Muslim, n someone who is an Hafiz is reciting d holy Quran den u r annoyed...

3 Likes

Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by msmon(m): 2:17am On Oct 10, 2014
Wait a minute!

Modified:

After I read your post carefully @OP, I have my reservation for you. If you are a muslim, I say As salam aleykum.

You thread has actually made me realise the religion especially Islam board has a moderator, so I want to challenge the mod to move this topic 'www.nairaland.com/1888631/etiquette-salat-al-jumuah-friday-prayer'to FP, "The Etiquette For Salat Al-jumuah
(Friday Prayer)" for the sake of Allah. Afterall today is friday and most important day to muslim, mod do the needful.

Thanks

In addition: I won't be surprise if I see another thread later with the topic "7 type of people you find in the church". Seun is only after the traffic not the meaningful impact NL is making anymore.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by Saheed9: 2:21am On Oct 10, 2014
Op just want 2 catch fun.
Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by Nobody: 2:30am On Oct 10, 2014
Salam to my Muslim Ummah. Barka Jum'at.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by Claroo(m): 2:31am On Oct 10, 2014
Dis is gettn borin. Still expectn;
10 types of people u might find in Hell
10 types of people u might find in Heaven
10 types of people u might find at d public toilet
Mtchew

5 Likes

Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by Nobody: 2:34am On Oct 10, 2014
Are You A Muslim?
"I believe that there no god/God but Allah."
"I believe that Muhammad is God's Holy Prophet."
"I believe that Islam is the Only True Religion."
"lā ʾilāha ʾillā-llāh, muhammadun rasūlu-llāh."

(The above declaration will be posted on your profile if you click "yes"wink

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by opeyemisteph: 2:35am On Oct 10, 2014
Useless thread

33 Likes

Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by msmon(m): 2:38am On Oct 10, 2014
monsuru560:
Are You A Muslim?
"I believe that there no god/God but Allah."
"I believe that Muhammad is God's Holy Prophet."
"I believe that Islam is the Only True Religion."
"lā ʾilāha ʾillā-llāh, muhammadun rasūlu-llāh."

(The above declaration will be posted on your profile if you click "yes"wink

You are right, I took a look at my profile now and the above statement was boldly written underneath it. But why do they have to do that? No harm though.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by Nobody: 2:41am On Oct 10, 2014
msmon:

You are right, I took a look at my profile now and the above statement was boldly written underneath it. But why do they have to do that? No harm though.
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by bashorunbazok: 3:43am On Oct 10, 2014
OP, is this supposed to be funny or what? Most of what you wrote are attributes of a good muslim. I really don't know what point you wanna make by this.

5 Likes

Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by makzeze: 4:06am On Oct 10, 2014
Awesomeking:

1.The prayer warrior-this person is always at the mosque atleast 40 mins before prayer time.i dont know why,he probably thinks getting there first would make God to bless him first

2..The tecno android owner-this person is always scrolling this or typing that during the sermon,this person hardly looks up from the phone,until when it is time to go thats when he remembers he is in a mosque

3.The quran king-this one annoys me the most,he always tries to let everyone know that he has indepth knowledge of the quran,whatever surah the imam is reading or preaching about,this person recites it along with the imam,and he doesnt mind being very AUDIBLE..
@OP, are u sure u are a good Muslim?
Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by DVMtuppence(m): 4:14am On Oct 10, 2014
op, smh 4u oooo
Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by DVMtuppence(m): 4:16am On Oct 10, 2014
makzeze:
@OP, are u sure u are a good Muslim?
meself dey tink am
Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by Entchidodo: 4:34am On Oct 10, 2014
'the above declaration will be posted on your profile' yeah like i'm an iidiot and will fall willingly for that load of crap on this bogus monicker....**back to topic** Op your perspective on muslims is quite refreshing,unlike some extremist we see here on NL everyday..

24 Likes

Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by markjac01: 4:36am On Oct 10, 2014
tins we do to make fp. i ad 2 axept dat am a Muslim

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sheikh Ajah On Persecution Of Igbo Muslims: We Are Igbos Before Becoming Muslims / Persecuted At Home, Igbo Muslims Troop To North For Succour / Lágbájá, Hijab controversy and how Environment Influences Muslim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.