Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,262 members, 7,818,891 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

Another Christian Fallacy. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Another Christian Fallacy. (3901 Views)

Surprise! Another Christian Terrorist / Yet Another Christian Leader Has Allegations Of Adultery Amidst Marital Problems / The Fallacy Of "Free Will" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another Christian Fallacy. by RayMcBlue(m): 5:30pm On Sep 06, 2013
idnoble135:
wharefa!
Enjoy yourself. And revel in your ignorance
*unfollows thread*

Cheerio!wink grin

3 Likes

Re: Another Christian Fallacy. by vickyO(f): 5:40pm On Sep 06, 2013

1 Like

Re: Another Christian Fallacy. by Nobody: 5:42pm On Sep 06, 2013
Which god are we taking about here?
Re: Another Christian Fallacy. by RayMcBlue(m): 5:52pm On Sep 06, 2013
ifeness: Which god are we taking about here?

The Christian God...duh.
Re: Another Christian Fallacy. by RayMcBlue(m): 6:00pm On Sep 06, 2013
vickyO: http://hubblerevealscreation.com/genesis/
check it out

With all due respect, the above link proves nothing.

For the benefit of lazy readers, why don't you summarize the content of the link, thanks.

5 Likes

Re: Another Christian Fallacy. by vickyO(f): 7:01pm On Sep 06, 2013
Ray McBlue:

With all due respect, the above link proves nothing.

For the benefit of lazy readers, why don't you summarize the content of the link, thanks.
I am not ready to give answers... though I tried by providing that link and if you think it proves nothing then so be it (and I doubt if you read it fully)... As for the lazy readers, sorry, I can't summarize, if you can't read, don't open the link or you can ask Roy Mcblue to summarize it for you (he's read it), I've got better things to do.

1 Like

Re: Another Christian Fallacy. by RayMcBlue(m): 7:24pm On Sep 06, 2013
vickyO:
I am not ready to give answers... though I tried by providing that link and if you think it proves nothing then so be it (and I doubt if you read it fully)... As for the lazy readers, sorry, I can't summarize, if you can't read, don't open the link or you can ask Roy Mcblue to summarize it for you (he's read it), I've got better things to do.

One moment you had your doubts that I read it in full, the next, I read it all...make up ya mind lassie!

Anyhoo, you shouldn't have bothered posting the link in the first place, if you are intellectually incapable of explaining yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Another Christian Fallacy. by vickyO(f): 7:36pm On Sep 06, 2013
Ray McBlue:

First of all, the name's Ray, Ray McBlue. Secondly, I'm not doing this for myself only, but for everyone out there who might have been either consciously or sub-consciously contemplating the same thing.

Personally, I wouldn't mind clicking the link, which I did btw, but not everyone has the mb or the patience to read through all that riot.

Which is why it's only fair that you should summarize the high points of the link for the benefit of the general audiences.

Ray, Roy they're almost alike, whatever.
ok, Ray, I don' have the patience to read it too.
It's like you didn't get the part where I stated that I won't stress myself reading all of that.
If you and your fellows find it long and rioting, Google more answers. ok? I've tried (by posting the link).
Easy answer: when you die ask God for clarification.
Re: Another Christian Fallacy. by Heathen(m): 7:39pm On Sep 06, 2013

Genesis 2:1 And the earth was without form and void, and the darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters
Ahem, christians, how exactly does an omnipresent being move? how exactly does your God move to a position in space he already occupies?

2 Likes

Re: Another Christian Fallacy. by RayMcBlue(m): 7:49pm On Sep 06, 2013
vickyO:
I make up my mind: you had a glance.
I told ya I didn't want to answer you but you insisted so I googled it and posted a link I liked.
And I won't stress myself reading all of that and explaining it to the "lazy reader" (Roy Mcblue), why? Cause I am not in need of answers, you are, so when a link was provided, you should read it through and if you finally aren't satisfied ask someone else or look it up on Google like me.

First of all, the name's Ray, Ray McBlue. Secondly, I'm not doing this for myself only, but for everyone out there who might have been either consciously or sub-consciously contemplating the same thing.

Personally, I wouldn't mind clicking the link, which I did btw, but not everyone has the mb or the patience to read through all that riot.

Which is why it's only fair that you should summarize the high points of the link for the benefit of the general audiences.

5 Likes

Re: Another Christian Fallacy. by RayMcBlue(m): 7:52pm On Sep 06, 2013
Heathen: Ahem, christians, how exactly does an omnipresent being move? how exactly does your God move to a position in space he already occupies?

You seem to be missing the point.

Go back to the beginning, patiently read every post that is visible to your nàked eyes, then think about it for a moment then proceed with the posting of whatever that caught your attention. Thanks.
Re: Another Christian Fallacy. by Heathen(m): 7:57pm On Sep 06, 2013
vickyO: http://hubblerevealscreation.com/genesis/
check it out
How exactly does this support the biblical account of creation?

1 Like

Re: Another Christian Fallacy. by vickyO(f): 7:59pm On Sep 06, 2013
Heathen: How exactly does this support the biblical account of creation?
I don't know, I haven't read it...
Re: Another Christian Fallacy. by Heathen(m): 8:00pm On Sep 06, 2013
vickyO:
............Lol.

1 Like

Re: Another Christian Fallacy. by RayMcBlue(m): 8:01pm On Sep 06, 2013
---
Re: Another Christian Fallacy. by vickyO(f): 8:01pm On Sep 06, 2013
Ray McBlue:

they're almost the same. Sorry anyways
I haven't read it and as I stated before I wont stress my self reading all of that.
I don't need answers you do, I provided a link, If you aren't ok, Google it.
Re: Another Christian Fallacy. by RayMcBlue(m): 8:01pm On Sep 06, 2013
vickyO:

And yet you posted it.

What's your agenda?
Re: Another Christian Fallacy. by vickyO(f): 8:04pm On Sep 06, 2013
Ray McBlue:

And yet you posted it.

What's your motive?
I was only trying to help. I thought you'd find answers there.
My motive is pure.
lemme Google it again, read it and summarize it since you and 'Roy' McBlue want answers from me.
Re: Another Christian Fallacy. by RayMcBlue(m): 8:04pm On Sep 06, 2013
vickyO:

Ray, Roy they're almost alike, whatever.
ok, Ray, I don' have the patience to read it too.
It's like you didn't get the part where I stated that I won't stress myself reading all of that.
If you and your fellows find it long and rioting, Google more answers. ok? I've tried (by posting the link).
Easy answer: when you die ask God for clarification.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Another Christian Fallacy. by Nobody: 8:05pm On Sep 06, 2013
vickyO:
they're almost the same. Sorry anyways
I haven't read it and as I stated before I wont stress my self reading all of that.
I don't need answers you do, I provided a link, If you aren't ok, Google it.
Take your rest. Its not worth the hassle.
idnoble135:
The thread was not open because you wanted to learn. You opened it with the intention of mockery.
Re: Another Christian Fallacy. by RayMcBlue(m): 8:07pm On Sep 06, 2013
idnoble135:
Take your rest. Its not worth the hassle.

I thought this one already bade his farewell, what then are you doing pôke-nosing where you are not wanted?

3 Likes

Re: Another Christian Fallacy. by Nobody: 8:13pm On Sep 06, 2013
Take no pride in yourself yet. Scrolled through the trending list and saw this on the third page.
And dont grow happy that cos you can have the thread to yourself.
Cheers!
Re: Another Christian Fallacy. by RayMcBlue(m): 8:15pm On Sep 06, 2013
Once again, Cheerio!

Don't come back.

3 Likes

Re: Another Christian Fallacy. by vickyO(f): 8:19pm On Sep 06, 2013
I couldn't read it jare, it's too long.
To be candid, If you aren't a Christians, lots of questions would bug you (when I was a kid I asked who God was, how he was created and blah, blah, blah) and most times, these questions don't have human based logically answers. the Bible in Gen 1:16 which is the account of the sun moon and stars came after He created the Earth, I am not disputing that fact, it's there but I don't have answers to why one was created before another. (and I didn't study theology)...
I am a Christian till I die but it isn't every time I have answers to some questions.
But note this, His ways are not our ways... He can do things that isn't naturally or scientifically possible e.g. parting the red sea, the rainbow, the earth opening up to swallow, hail stones and many more.... I end on this note. 'Roy' McBlue and Heathen.... But I would love you guys to give Christ a chance in your lives.... Even in life you don't find answers to everything..
Re: Another Christian Fallacy. by RayMcBlue(m): 9:09pm On Sep 06, 2013
vickyO: I couldn't read it jare, it's too long.
To be candid, If you aren't a Christians, lots of questions would bug you (when I was a kid I asked who God was, how he was created and blah, blah, blah) and most times, these questions don't have human based logically answers. the Bible in Gen 1:16 which is the account of the sun moon and stars came after He created the Earth, I am not disputing that fact, it's there but I don't have answers to why one was created before another. (and I didn't study theology)...
I am a Christian till I die but it isn't every time I have answers to some questions.

Finally, some honesty.

Good!

vickyO: But note this, His ways are not our ways... He can do things that isn't naturally or scientifically possible e.g. parting the red sea, the rainbow, the earth opening up to swallow, hail stones and many more.... I end on this note. 'Roy' McBlue and Heathen.... But I would love you guys to give Christ a chance in your lives.... Even in life you don't find answers to everything..

There is nothing under the yellow Sun that couldn't be scientifically proven, lassie!

An especially strong tsunami can part a sea, hail stones known as 'hail storm' occurs occasionally in Europe, in fact, I have had the pressure of experiencing three events. A rainbow has a scientific explanation, the earth opening up to swallow is an earthquake, which happens all the time in China and North America.

All this natural occurrence all have scientific connotations and are very natural indeed.

(The second part of your post is quite irrelevant).

4 Likes

Re: Another Christian Fallacy. by Nobody: 9:20pm On Sep 06, 2013
Ray McBlue:

Wow...

So God invented electricity even before man officially discovered it in the 18 century?

Or maybe God created a giant pyre of bonfire that somehow illuminated the whole planet?

Mate, stop embarrassing yourself, cuz you are not making much sense.

Dude, that idnoble guy is actually making far more sense than u.
It could easily have been that the light created was the concept of light or the concept of illumination. And then God later created the different sources of light one of them being the sun which He placed in the firmament.

@bolded. What kind of words are this I read? Didnt God create everything before they discovered by man? For anything to be discovered, it must have existed in nature obeying the natural laws of physics. Ergo it was created by God. U are d one who should stop embarassing himself.

1 Like

Re: Another Christian Fallacy. by RayMcBlue(m): 9:36pm On Sep 06, 2013
PhenomenonVFX:

Dude, that idnoble guy is actually making far more sense than u.
It could easily have been that the light created was the concept of light or the concept of illumination. And then God later created the different sources of light one of them being the sun which He placed in the firmament.

There he goes again with their customary silly excuses...

It's now a concept of light? Why create an artificial Sun when the creation of the original is much more convenient?

And where in the bible did God said he created fake light?

And what is this nonsense about Sun being one of the different sources of light?

Sorry mate, you are even worse than idnoble.

PhenomenonVFX: @bolded. What kind of words are this I read? Didnt God create everything before they discovered by man? For anything to be discovered, it must have existed in nature obeying the natural laws of physics. Ergo it was created by God. U are d one who should stop embarassing himself.

Going by your hare-brained logic, electricity was already a non-issue(exists) at the early days(?) Apparently, Adam and Eve and their ancestors enjoyed some serious voltage, prior to the birth of Jesus. Maybe they rode Lambos and Beemers as well...lol!

Mate, stop tripping, it's bad for your public image.

3 Likes

Re: Another Christian Fallacy. by Nobody: 9:39pm On Sep 06, 2013
Personally, if tradition holds that God created the universe, then I see no problem in him creating the sun before the earth or the earth before the sun. If the Creative Source created the laws of physics itself, why should we expect him to be bound to those laws? God can create the idea of light, then create planets before going on to create the different sources of light. Or He could do the foregoing in any particular order He wants. Anybody arguing which should be is simply silly.
I know this OP must have opened this thread to enjoy some form derision of the christian tradition but this only impugns on his intelligence and casts severe doubts on his capability for rational thought. I just pray u are neither a deist nor an atheist because as a deist, I would hate to be associated with u and I am sure atheists would not want to be counted in the league of men with weak mental capacity.

1 Like

Re: Another Christian Fallacy. by RayMcBlue(m): 9:46pm On Sep 06, 2013
People like you are blinded with ignorance and unproven sentiments that restricts you from actually stringing together a comprehensible thought or two.

I pity you.

4 Likes

Re: Another Christian Fallacy. by RayMcBlue(m): 9:48pm On Sep 06, 2013
Please if you have nothing useful to contribute, just kindly make yourself scarce. I don't want this thread to be filled with hidden posts that only Scums like you can cause.

6 Likes

Re: Another Christian Fallacy. by Nobody: 9:57pm On Sep 06, 2013
Ray McBlue:

There he goes again with their customary silly excuses...

It's now a concept of light? Why create an artificial Sun when the creation of the original is much more convenient?

And where in the bible did God said he created fake light?

Sorry mate, you are even worse than idnoble.

Going by your hare-brained logic, electricity was already a non-issue at the early days(?) Apparently, Adam and Eve and their ancestors enjoyed some serious artificial light, even before Jesus was born. Maybe they rode Lambos and Beemers as well...lol!

Mate, stop tripping, it's bad for your public image.

What in the name of Einstein is this? This is like talking to an ape. Oh Gawd, another nincompoop. sad Ok let me slow down for u.

According to Christian tradion, the world was created by a supernatural God. And from that I inferred the following:
1. I didnt say god created arificial sun. I said he created the concept of illumination or light. That is why a fire can illuminate, the sun can illuminate and the firefly and glowworm can do too.
2. Then God went on to create the different sources of illumination. One of them being the sun.
3. God created electricity because electricity always existed in nature until man discovered it. Because it wasnt being used by Adam and Eve doesnt mean it wasnt there. Just like there were many islands and lands that werent discovered until man could build a ship.
4. Tradition holds that God is supernatural. Why constrain him to physical laws in ur arguement.

By the way, I do not believe in the christian narrative of creation but this ur thread provides no sensible counter argument against it.
I hope u get it now. Because if u still dont then I hope u are impotent. That way we can be sure the stupidity in ur gene doesnt spread around.

2 Likes

Re: Another Christian Fallacy. by RayMcBlue(m): 10:00pm On Sep 06, 2013
Ignored.

Please move on. It's obvious you are out of touch with reality.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. / Coronavirus Solution Revealed By Pastor Amos Evomobor / The Women Of Allah's Paradise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.