Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,408 members, 7,822,887 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

We Will Begin Process To Impeach President Jonathan - Atiku Abubakar Group. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Will Begin Process To Impeach President Jonathan - Atiku Abubakar Group. (3873 Views)

US 'begins Process' To Lift Arms Embargo On Nigeria / We’ll Follow Due Process To Punish Saraki, Others –APC / Reps Threaten To Impeach President Goodluck Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Will Begin Process To Impeach President Jonathan - Atiku Abubakar Group. by Ugoandy(m): 3:56pm On Sep 06, 2013
Leaders of the Atiku's rebeling Peoples
Democratic Party (PDP) group has come up with
another threat that they will begin a move to
impeach President Goodluck Jonathan if he
refuses step down or declare to them that he
will not contest for the office of the President of
Nigeria in the 2015 Presidential election.
The PDP rebels claimed that they have started to
compile signatures in both House of
Representative and the Senate to move against
the President if he refuses to meet the four
conditions that Atiku Abubakar lead group gave
to the President last week.
“We are demanding that he publicly renounce
any ambition to run a second term or face
impeachment in the National Assembly. The
choice is his”, Atiku group said. They want the
President to take an undertaking that none of
them will be arrested or tried by EFCC for any
corruption charge.
The rebel PDP has 6 Northern Governors and
Amaechi, 20 Senators and 57 PDP members in
the House of representatives as members.
In 2007, Atiku Abubakar left with some state
governors, members of the National assembly
and some bigwigs of the Ruling PDP party to ACN
and he was roundly beaten in the presidential
election.
Atiku abandoned those he left PDP with in 2007
to their own fate and begged to be re-admitted
back to PDP in 2010.
Three weeks ago, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar through
some of his aides registered the PDM as a
Political party with INEC.
Re: We Will Begin Process To Impeach President Jonathan - Atiku Abubakar Group. by Ugoandy(m): 3:58pm On Sep 06, 2013
Jona u see ur life[color=#990000][/color]
Re: We Will Begin Process To Impeach President Jonathan - Atiku Abubakar Group. by gtrust: 4:04pm On Sep 06, 2013
If they could, they would have!!!

These people have been 'seeking' the presidency ever since President Yar'Adua was still alive in hospital.

They have NOT because they CANNOT!

9 Likes

Re: We Will Begin Process To Impeach President Jonathan - Atiku Abubakar Group. by Demdem(m): 4:10pm On Sep 06, 2013
Abegii, where is the link to the source of this news.

1 Like

Re: We Will Begin Process To Impeach President Jonathan - Atiku Abubakar Group. by Samxiulee: 4:13pm On Sep 06, 2013
Jona boys source nau.....Haba....until you bring source no comment
Re: We Will Begin Process To Impeach President Jonathan - Atiku Abubakar Group. by Nobody: 4:34pm On Sep 06, 2013
na dis kind threat i no dey like! If they wanted to impeach him, there's no need making it public. They should go ahead and impeach him and stop barking!! angry

2 Likes

Re: We Will Begin Process To Impeach President Jonathan - Atiku Abubakar Group. by seanet02: 4:34pm On Sep 06, 2013
If this is true, only ASIWAJU BOLA AHMED TINUBU can save Jonathan from the north.
APC senators on my mind.
You will soon see a sitting President mopping the floor of the sitting room of Jagaban at Bourdillion and Banana island.
Re: We Will Begin Process To Impeach President Jonathan - Atiku Abubakar Group. by Symphony007: 4:35pm On Sep 06, 2013
For what reason? In as much as i disagree with most of the president's policies, i have seen nothing unconstitutional he has done that warrants impeachment. I advise atiku and his group to use their new found opposition to articulate alternatives for the nigerian people and not fooling around.

9 Likes

Re: We Will Begin Process To Impeach President Jonathan - Atiku Abubakar Group. by seanet02: 4:37pm On Sep 06, 2013
Symphony007: For what reason? In as much as i disagree with most of the president's policies, i have seen nothing unconstitutional he has done that warrants impeachment. I advise atiku and his group to use their new found opposition to articulate alternatives for the nigerian people and not fooling around.
There are so many things jonathan have done that can be used to impeach him.

1 Like

Re: We Will Begin Process To Impeach President Jonathan - Atiku Abubakar Group. by Nobody: 4:39pm On Sep 06, 2013
CALL ME A prophet, you won't be entirely wrong, any wrong move and this dude is toast
www.nairaland.com/1423356/gej-dancing-impeachment
Re: We Will Begin Process To Impeach President Jonathan - Atiku Abubakar Group. by Nobody: 4:40pm On Sep 06, 2013
seanet02: There are so many things jonathan have done that can be used to impeach him.
that one na true you talk. you're correct.
Re: We Will Begin Process To Impeach President Jonathan - Atiku Abubakar Group. by talktimi(m): 4:41pm On Sep 06, 2013
Lets assume this threat is really from the nPDP. Are they gathering signatures to impeach the president for flouting the constitution or because Atiku wants to contest the 2015 presidential elections ? If your hands are "clean" as a Nigerian politician, would you be afraid of the EFCC ? Its plausible but some levels of blackmail are just too cheap for the personalities involved but then again, this is Nigerian politics & our actors never fail to surprsise. P.S Amaechi might be a rogue but he has conquered Ada George road in ph that had continually defeated other administrations & for that i will give him kudos grin
Re: We Will Begin Process To Impeach President Jonathan - Atiku Abubakar Group. by brixton: 4:43pm On Sep 06, 2013
seanet02: There are so many things jonathan have done that can be used to impeach him.

Kindly enlighten us on some of these things... Thank u in advance
Re: We Will Begin Process To Impeach President Jonathan - Atiku Abubakar Group. by slimghost(m): 4:43pm On Sep 06, 2013
Symphony007: For what reason? In as much as i disagree with most of the president's policies, i have seen nothing unconstitutional he has done that warrants impeachment. I advise atiku and his group to use their new found opposition to articulate alternatives for the nigerian people and not fooling around.

They only want power and nothing good for the masses. This is the more reason we all should support GEJ!
Re: We Will Begin Process To Impeach President Jonathan - Atiku Abubakar Group. by dinggle: 4:47pm On Sep 06, 2013
GEJ you are on your own, you impoverished the people that would have backed you, plunged the people in darkness, increased fuel prices and refused to act on time when Boko haram was killing everyone but your family. Now you will fight your fight with the moneybags you sided with alone. Atiku & co carry go!

6 Likes

Re: We Will Begin Process To Impeach President Jonathan - Atiku Abubakar Group. by Beaf1: 5:00pm On Sep 06, 2013
@Op

Where is the source sauce of this news?

1 Like

Re: We Will Begin Process To Impeach President Jonathan - Atiku Abubakar Group. by seanet02: 5:08pm On Sep 06, 2013
brixton:

spending more money on oil subsidy than the amount budgeted for without recourse to the national assembly is a clear contravention of the constitution. So many more. I am a lazy typist.
Re: We Will Begin Process To Impeach President Jonathan - Atiku Abubakar Group. by Nobody: 5:18pm On Sep 06, 2013
seanet02: spending more money on oil subsidy than the amount budgeted for without recourse to the national assembly is a clear contravention of the constitution. So many more. I am a lazy typist.
excess crude oil funds depletion, inability to protect our shoreline from pirates, boko haram strike again and they hold him for incompetence

1 Like

Re: We Will Begin Process To Impeach President Jonathan - Atiku Abubakar Group. by kokoA(m): 5:21pm On Sep 06, 2013
While I doubt the authenticity of this story, I want GEJ to see what his politics of religion and ethnicity is bringing upon him. Few months ago his kinsmen were all over the place beating drums of war and telling nigerians that they will burn down the country if he is not giving a second term, Anini even went to the extent of calling south-southners who oppose him "mad". Now GEJ should learn from this that being the president of Nigeria means being the president of hausas, ibos, yorubas, idomas, etc and therefore he must carry all along. If the northerners feel cheated, he must listen to them and look for a diplomatic way of resolving things not putting up an "oga at the top" posture like he was trying to do, likewise if any region feel cheated. Infact, he should have cautioned the likes of oga Clark, Dokubo and co. He didn't do that. Now the northern bigwigs want to show him that he can't win with his ijaw votes alone.

6 Likes

Re: We Will Begin Process To Impeach President Jonathan - Atiku Abubakar Group. by Nobody: 5:25pm On Sep 06, 2013
PDP is Hausa party after all. Awusa no go take sh1t from Jona boy o! Na dem own PDP. Why Igbos no fit fight for Jona boy now? Where is the chest beating? Hausas are not smiling o!

We dey laugh o!
Re: We Will Begin Process To Impeach President Jonathan - Atiku Abubakar Group. by Toktee(m): 5:25pm On Sep 06, 2013
brixton:

I don't know how old are you but i think you have a problem with telling the truth,,,,let me give u some reason y Jonathan deserved impeachment
1.for ameachi to have remove subsidy without due consultation with nigerians xpecially the house of reps,iz enough reason to remove the dumbo,
2,his inability to perform despite the huge money accruing from oil production,
3.sharing of the subsidy founds with the oil rebel,
4.wasting nigerians money on his obessed wife pet project
5.hix inability to handle internal crisis in the country
6.his inability to call his wife to order from dizturbing an elected governor of a state and wasting mollions of money on food in aso rock,these and more are enough reason for dundi to have resign since and cover his face in shame.

1 Like

Re: We Will Begin Process To Impeach President Jonathan - Atiku Abubakar Group. by Belexy95: 5:29pm On Sep 06, 2013
talktimi: Lets assume this threat is really from the nPDP. Are they gathering signatures to impeach the president for flouting the constitution or because Atiku wants to contest the 2015 presidential elections ? If your hands are "clean" as a Nigerian politician, would you be afraid of the EFCC ? Its plausible but some levels of blackmail are just too cheap for the personalities involved but then again, this is Nigerian politics & our actors never fail to surprsise. P.S Amaechi might be a rogue but he has conquered Ada George road in ph that had continually defeated other administrations & for that i will give him kudos grin
I bet u kw little about Phc. Name one state governor within this administration that has performed 2/3 of what Amaechi has done in Rivers state. U cant possibly call such person a rogue.
Re: We Will Begin Process To Impeach President Jonathan - Atiku Abubakar Group. by Nobody: 5:30pm On Sep 06, 2013
slimghost:

They only want power and nothing good for the masses. This is the more reason we all should support GEJ!

It is you and your fellow chest beating Ibos that need to go and fight Hausa people in order to free Jona boy from this impeachment threat. We told you PDP is Hausa party but you all disagree. If you recall, I once had a thread about how PDP is owned by Hausas. Igbos have a lot to lose if Jonathan doesn't run in 2015 or impeached.

1 Like

Re: We Will Begin Process To Impeach President Jonathan - Atiku Abubakar Group. by Sec5(m): 5:32pm On Sep 06, 2013
seanet02: spending more money on oil subsidy than the amount budgeted for without recourse to the national assembly is a clear contravention of the constitution. So many more. I am a lazy typist.

Is that ''GROSS''
Re: We Will Begin Process To Impeach President Jonathan - Atiku Abubakar Group. by Nobody: 5:36pm On Sep 06, 2013
seanet02: If this is true, only ASIWAJU BOLA AHMED TINUBU can save Jonathan from the north.
APC senators on my mind.
You will soon see a sitting President mopping the floor of the sitting room of Jagaban at Bourdillion and Banana island.

Dem go need the Almighty Jagaban Tinubu APC to save Jona boy from impeachment.

Re: We Will Begin Process To Impeach President Jonathan - Atiku Abubakar Group. by slimghost(m): 5:38pm On Sep 06, 2013
payless:

It is you and your fellow chest beating Ibos that need to go and fight Hausa people in order to free Jona boy from this impeachment threat. We told you PDP is Hausa party but you all disagree. If you recall, I once had a thread about how PDP is owned by Hausas. Igbos have a lot to lose if Jonathan doesn't run in 2015 or impeached.

I will ignore you because i have always known how low your IQ is.
Re: We Will Begin Process To Impeach President Jonathan - Atiku Abubakar Group. by kingbang: 5:39pm On Sep 06, 2013
payless:

Such a crap! How old are you son?
Re: We Will Begin Process To Impeach President Jonathan - Atiku Abubakar Group. by Nobody: 5:43pm On Sep 06, 2013
slimghost:

I will ignore you because i have always known how low your IQ is.

You don't need to ignore me. Hausa party is about to throw your lord savior into oblivion. I thought he was to hand over to you in 2019. It is you and your fellow chest beaters that need to buy yourselves some cutlasses and head to Abuja to fight for Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: We Will Begin Process To Impeach President Jonathan - Atiku Abubakar Group. by slimghost(m): 5:45pm On Sep 06, 2013
payless:

You don't need to ignore me. Hausa party is aboout to throw your lord savior into oblivion. I thought he was to hand over to you in 2019. It is you and your fellow chest beaters that need to buy yourselves some cutlasses and head to Abuja and fight for Jonathan.

If this news excites you, then you are obviously politically naive! Do you think impeaching a sitting Nigerian president is as easy as eating amala? Grow up son! GEJ would still be your president till 2019!

7 Likes

Re: We Will Begin Process To Impeach President Jonathan - Atiku Abubakar Group. by Sec5(m): 5:48pm On Sep 06, 2013
Toktee: I don't know how old are you but i think you have a problem with telling the truth,,,,let me give u some reason y Jonathan deserved impeachment
1.for ameachi to have remove subsidy without due consultation with nigerians xpecially the house of reps,iz enough reason to remove the dumbo,
2,his inability to perform despite the huge money accruing from oil production,
3.sharing of the subsidy founds with the oil rebel,
4.wasting nigerians money on his obessed wife pet project
5.hix inability to handle internal crisis in the country
6.his inability to call his wife to order from dizturbing an elected governor of a state and wasting mollions of money on food in aso rock,these and more are enough reason for dundi to have resign since and cover his face in shame.

Enlighten us on what the constitution said about those family issues u just raised

1 Like

Re: We Will Begin Process To Impeach President Jonathan - Atiku Abubakar Group. by Symphony007: 5:57pm On Sep 06, 2013
You all raised valid points, but it all boils down to the fact that the national assembly nor the supreme court has held him accountable for these actions. They are all complacent in it and if public hearings are held or special panels instituted, it will be proven that their hands too were in the cookie jar. Atiku's group attempt to impeach mr. Jonathan is not for the constitutional breaches but political differences and supporting such is tragic, if we truely want democracy in nigeria.
Re: We Will Begin Process To Impeach President Jonathan - Atiku Abubakar Group. by Kingspin(m): 5:58pm On Sep 06, 2013
dinggle: GEJ you are on your own, you impoverished the people that would have backed you, plunged the people in darkness, increased fuel prices and refused to act on time when Boko haram was killing everyone but your family. Now you will fight your fight with the moneybags you sided with alone. Atiku & co carry go!
And you think by now you will be flexing your back of yam..Even by 2015 you may be celebrated your own independent hahahahahah. E-goliath.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Deep Web Enterprise / Jega Should Relocate To The South East/south South Before Things Go Awry! / Obasanjo Not Jonathan Responsible For Boko Haram- Gen Gumi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.