Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs - Jobs/Vacancies (106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs (2578891 Views)

110, 181 Apply For 2000 Slots In Teaching Service - TESCOM / Vacancy For Those Interested In Teaching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (1042) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 6:50am On Dec 29, 2014
debolly:

It's close to them all.
give it a shot and remember feedback.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sunnypar(m): 10:05am On Dec 29, 2014
LaurelP:

U don't have to be rude
I only thought you probably forgot to add it
Oga you wey be Oga for this thread they yarn like this.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by LaurelP(m): 10:15am On Dec 29, 2014
Sunnypar:
Oga you wey be Oga for this thread they yarn like this.

I make sure I give every necessary details in my posts; address, email, phone, etc.
She only gave d address and I thought it was an ommision from her. How is it a bad thing dat I reminded her? Couldn't she have simply told me dat there's no email attached to it?

Pls don't quote me again on dis issue. Thanks
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Odunharry(m): 11:49am On Dec 29, 2014
LaurelP:

I make sure I give every necessary details in my posts; address, email, phone, etc.
She only gave d address and I thought it was an ommision from her. How is it a bad thing dat I reminded her? Couldn't she have simply told me dat there's no email attached to it?

Pls don't quote me again on dis issue. Thanks
bro i understand you..take things easy

i believe she never meant to be impolite,it was the tone of givemejoy msg that sound rude
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Odunharry(m): 1:49pm On Dec 29, 2014
Odunharry:
[b]In addition to what ProfGday said earlier

the key component of a lesson note are Behavioral objective,content,presentation,conclusion

A brief description of a lesson note..it is a plan design by a teacher to achieve stated edu obj.

WHY IS IT IMPORTANT?
It important cos it as a guide and other teacher can use it to teach when u are not available

NOW LET GO TO EACH COMPONENT OF A LESSON NOTE
*******behavioral objective is very vital..it a statement of intended action/what you ought to achieve at the end of the lesson..

********CONTENT
it has to do with the lesson itself....evrything you ought to teach the student

*******INSTRUCTIONAL/REFERENCE MATERIAL
Your reference material are mainly ur textbook whch u will use in teachng...
Instructional material are tools/materials that aid teaching.Instructional materials support learning content..examples are charts,textbooks,radio,tv,projector etc
*Instructional materials varies and depend on the content,learners age,class size,subject itself etc...
For a large class,it adviceabl to use instructional materials that appeals to both sight and sound...A projector is suitable in this case..
For a small class,chart place in front of the class is suitable etc

Now let assume u are teaching transportation/money to j.s class..it preferable u get a chart displaying the diffrent mode of transportation/denomination of d naira currency for them to understand the class better.
If you are teaching accounting ,let say Final accounts.it important to get copies of p n l acct/balance sheet of any plc so that the student will know how a pnl or balance sheet looks like..
Finally.instructionl materials make lessons more interesting

****PRESENTATION
This are step u will take during the course of the lesson to achieve ur stated objective.it should be in line with ur behavioral objective
Let assume you are teachng database and in the previous class you taught the class Computer
Your presentation will go thus,
***STEP1: The teacher ask the following question from the previous class
a.what is a computer
b.state 2 use of computer
c.list ten users of computer

***STEP2:the teacher introduce the lesson by defining what a database is

***STEP3: The teacher gives advantage and disadvantage of database

***STEP4: The teacher state the importance of database

***STEP 5:The teacher summarises the whole lesson and welcome questions from student

********EVALUATION
Your evaluation must be in line with ur behavioral objective..if you intend to achieve four objective in the course of ur lesson,ur evaluation must have four questions.
Let assume our behavioral objectives are..
At the end of d lesson,student should be able to
1.Define database
2.State the importance of database
3. State advantage and disadvantages of database..
Your evaluation question to the student will be
1.define database
2.state importance of database
3.state advantage and disadvantage of database
NOTE: Manner in which student respond to ur evaluation question will tell you how far you have been able to achieve ur stated objective[/b]
fubby
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by chrisdenis01: 3:55pm On Dec 29, 2014
Hello.....any Feedback from SRC?pls
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by corkqueen: 11:05pm On Dec 29, 2014
This year, Nigeria updated it economic data base and proclaimed ITSELF as the largest economy in Africa. Nigeria is the 26th largest economy in the world aspires to be among the top 20 economies in the world by the year 2020.

Nigeria's economic growth of 7% per annum remains the highest around the world. With oil, ICT, telecommunications e.t.c the robust untapped market in Nigeria is valued about 35-40 billion dollars annually.

What keep confusing and surprising me is the counter productive nature of economic development in Nigeria. As the economy is developing, more people are becoming unemployed, poverty is beating harder on the masses ( a friend was said, if you eat three a square meal in Nigeria of today, you are rich). Economics policies are de-activating the economy. Is it really true that the economy is developing? Why is it that the economy is not impacting well on the lives of Nigerians? These and many more questions are crossing my mind. Later after remembering the missing billion dollars reported by the then CBN governor, I then see how the economic development is impacting - the looters. Those government officials that make the country bankrupt, those with multiple accounts in Nigeria and abroad, those useless compatriots.

We, the masses, are not aware of any significant economic development. Education is not free, housing is not free, good health is expensive, provision of water and light is done by Nigerians and not the government . The over 500,000 graduates coming from the tertiary institutions on Nigeria are very much aware and perhaps in agreement with me. Not up to one fifth get out of the labour market. Then where is economic development.
Written by Abdulbaqi Jari in the Editorial of The Guardian, Thursday, October 23, 2014.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by LaurelP(m): 6:24am On Dec 30, 2014
Tips for Maintaining a Quiet Classroom

For those who might be having problems with controlling students/pupils in the classroom, I decided to share these tips which will go a long way if applied judiciously. Classroom mgt is as important as teaching itself, therefore its pertinent that a teacher shud know how to control noise level in his/her class in order to get the best result.

ENTERING THE CLASSROOM

1. As you bring your students to the door of
your classroom, stop just before entry. You
or an assigned student should move down the line, using touch and finger to the lips to convey to talkers that it is time to be quiet.

You have previously talked about and practiced the entry routine... walk with lips closed directly to one's desk, and place materials on the desk that are needed for the next class. (or similar procedure, depending on the nature of the upcoming class session)

2. If students enter individually, be at the
door to greet them. Allow well-behaved, quiet
voiced students to enter. Send loud and
boisterous students back to a point about 10
yards/meters away. Make them approach you
showing correct behavior and voice volume.

3. Each and every time that students enter
your room, have a "Do Now" activity written
on the board, projected onto the screen, or
placed on each student's desk. You have
practiced and promoted this "Do Now"
activity. Upon entry to the room, students
immediately engage in the task presented.
That task is a review of what was taught
previously (to bring your charges back up to
speed, cognitively speaking), or something that will prepare them for the upcoming material that will be taught.
(My favorite of the ones that I've seen: "Work with your partner to list words that rhyme with orange, purple and silver."... There are no English language words that rhyme with these! This will keep them busy for awhile.
Hey... how about "door hinge" as a sound-alike for "orange"?)

IN THE CLASSROOM

1. Talk about noise levels during the first day
(s) of the year. Make students practice
different volume levels as they read
something on the wall or repeat what you
say. Give compliments for effort and progress.

2. Help your students better understand the
level of "quiet" that you desire for a
particular activity. Operationalize what you
mean by identifying the distance that their
voices should travel...For example: "With your partner,use your hand length voices.", "Use your arm's length voices please.", "Use your table voices for this activity.", "You may use your outside voice until we line up in 20 minutes to re-enter the building.", "As soon as your foot touches the school building floor, your lips are closed until you are back in your seat in the classroom."

3. Notice times when the students are displaying the correct attentive behavior
and/or voice levels. Use specific praise that
identifies the action that you appreciate.
("The red group is doing a wonderful job of
using their table voices."wink

4. Develop a signal system. When you want
quiet and student attention directed toward
you, show the signal (hand raise, finger to
closed lips, etc.). Students acknowledge you by
showing the same signal. Of course, this system needs to be practiced, and students
need to be positively recognized for having
followed your lead.

5. Develop a classroom chant that the students repeat when they hear you say it. They then close their lips and attend to you. For example: "One, two, three. Eyes on me." at which time the students reply, "One, two.
Eyes on you."

6. Teach the students to repeat your clapping
sequence. When you need their undivided
attention, clap a rhythm. Students repeat that cadence. Then clap again using a different "tune". At that point students attend to you.

7. Count down from 5 to 1. At one, students
should be silent and attentive to you. (Again,
practice, practice, practice... and praise, praise,
praise.)

8. Rather than getting louder to try to talk
over noise, reduce the volume of your voice
so that the students have to lower their volume to hear you.

9. Repeatedly set a twist-the-dial timer. Sometimes it will take 10 minutes before a bell sounds. Other times it will take 2 minutes. (Hide the dial from sight of the students Evaluate whether the class was using the correct voice level at the time of the
sounding bell. Give one point (toward the 25
or 50 that are needed for the group to earn a
privilege/prize/reward) if the class was using
the correct volume level. You will find that
students remind their peers to "quiet down"
in an attempt to earn the points more quickly.

10. DO NOT penalize the entire class for the loud behavior of one or two students. Recognize the efforts of the majority, and set up separate systems for the persistent offenders.

11. Give warnings about being "too loud" in a
non-verbal manner (so that you don't yell
louder than the volume of your students). Say a student's name quickly (or otherwise gain
his/her attention), and hold up one finger
(symbolizing "first warning"wink. Hold up two
fingers for the second warning. Wave the student to you for the third consequence
(whatever you have decided upon and
discussed previously with the students).

12. When the classroom is noisy, look for students who are using the correct voice levels. Recognize them positively.

13. Model the voice level that you wish them
to show.

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 10:26am On Dec 30, 2014
JOB VACANCY
We are seeking innovative, qualified and experienced teachers to join our leading co-educational school in the Abuja to fill various vacant teaching positions.

Applicants must be hardworking and enthusiastic about the teaching profession with excellent subject knowledge and a sound understanding of Nigerian secondary school curriculum.

Applicants must also be motivated individuals with a keen interest in encouraging and inspiring students to love learning and excel in their subject area.

Vacancies exist for the following;

1. ICT Teacher
2. Hausa Language Teacher
3. Fine Arts Teacher
4. Music Teacher
5. Physical and Health Education (PHE) Teacher
6. Biology Teacher
7. Basic Technology Teacher
8. Business Education Teacher
9. Physics Teacher

Interested candidates with suitable qualification and experience (Minimum of 2.2 in a relevant Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 2 years suitable teaching experience) are invited to apply.

Having a PGCE [Post Graduate Certificate in Education] will be an added advantage

Remuneration : Attractive , but negotiable.

To apply, kindly send your RESUME/CV to career@lordswillacademy.org

Application closes 2 weeks from date of publication (19th December, 2014)

NB: THE SUBJECT OF YOUR EMAIL APPLICATION MUST BEAR THE TITLE OF THE SUBJECT YOU ARE APPLYING FOR
E.g if you are applying to teach Biology, the subject of your email should be “BIOLOGY TEACHER” in capital letters.
Any application not submitted in this format will not be processed

POTENTIAL VACANCIES
You can also send in your CV If you are qualified to teach any of the 33 subjects listed below and we will store your Resume in our database. Please note, for any other future recruitment, preference will be given to the resumes already in our database.

1. Mathematics
2. English Studies
3. Social Studies
4. Civic Education
5. Religious Studies
6. French
7. Business Education
8. Home Economics
9. Cultural and Creative Arts
10. Agriculture
11. Nigerian Languages (Igbo and Hausa)
12. Physical and Health Education
13. Food and Nutrition
14. Physics
15. Biology
16. Chemistry
17. Technical Drawing
18. Accounting
19. Commerce
20. Economics
21. Government
22. Literature in English
23. Geography
24. Further Mathematic
25. Basic Science
26. Basic Technology
27. Social Studies
28. Religious Studies
29. Music
30. Fine Arts
31. Physical and Health Education
32. Quantitative Reasoning
33. Verbal Reasoning

Send your CV to database@lordswillacademy.org

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 10:29am On Dec 30, 2014
please be informed that You are invited 2 Newland Elementary School,on 13 Olayinka Adenubi str.Aviation Est.Mafuluku for a chat by 10am.08084482107- Gate crash.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 12:34pm On Dec 30, 2014
If you are interested in studying in Europe without paying tuition fees. Send a mail to begainfulstudy@gmail.com
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 4:47pm On Dec 30, 2014
Givemejoy:
The following subject teachers are needed
English language
Technical drawing
Physics
Geography and Yoruba
Requirements
2-3yrs experience
B. SC, B.A also HND with PGDE
School Address :87, Oladoje Street, Oko-Oba, Agege
Note: Applicants leaving or residing in Abule-egba, Agege, Ogba, Agbado, Ijaiye, Iyana-Ipaja, Mieran, Super and environs should apply.
Deadline: 30th December, 2014.
i applied today for the post of a physics teacher. Hope it works out
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by oluemmakay(m): 5:27pm On Dec 30, 2014
You are hereby invited for an oral and written tests tomorrow, 31/12/2014 at Laureates college, 3-5 Olayinka Adenubi street, aviation estate, off airport road, lagos. Time: 9.00 am prompt. Please come with writing materials and your credentials.
I recieved this invite today. Who else recieved thesame message??
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Slickbishop(m): 5:32pm On Dec 30, 2014
I did received that also. who knows how the test and interview looks like?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 5:58pm On Dec 30, 2014
Congratulations!!!! Dr. Said it, peeps are going to get a job before the year end.

Well, I would not know the type of test. I will assume that you are new to the teaching life, then expect Mathematics, English language and general questions such as who is the flag bearer of APC, current OPEC chairman, but you have been teaching, then take a look at the waec/GCE questions in the subject you applied.
Note: it could be different from the above assumptions. All the best.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 6:02pm On Dec 30, 2014
maltina:
i applied today for the post of a physics teacher. Hope it works out
Thank you for making us know the address exist. It will work out.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by LaurelP(m): 6:04pm On Dec 30, 2014
oluemmakay:
You are hereby invited for an oral and written tests tomorrow, 31/12/2014 at Laureates college, 3-5 Olayinka Adenubi street, aviation estate, off airport road, lagos. Time: 9.00 am prompt. Please come with writing materials and your credentials.
Slickbishop:
I did received that also. who knows how the test and interview looks like?

Don't forget feedback

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 6:08pm On Dec 30, 2014
Toluwani, Kenny, Alex and LaurelP you are sighted.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by LaurelP(m): 6:11pm On Dec 30, 2014
artisticallyart:
Toluwani, Kenny, Alex and LaurelP you are sighted.

I sight u too
Compliments of d season
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 7:27pm On Dec 30, 2014
oluemmakay:
they wont employ young guys and the pay na around 70k
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by manie(m): 8:12pm On Dec 30, 2014
maltina:

Between 45k and 55k.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Maczeelly(m): 8:56pm On Dec 30, 2014
I got the message also
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by utchvikky(f): 9:50pm On Dec 30, 2014
manie:

Between 45k and 55k.
that's true
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by oluemmakay(m): 8:53am On Dec 31, 2014
maltina:
According to you... If they wont employ young guys...why should they invite us for an interview?? Besides, when i called the contact on the message, the man who picked the call is a young man from the sound of his voice.

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Odunharry(m): 11:08am On Dec 31, 2014
A happy new year to you all...it
been a nice 2014 with you
guys....love you all
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 11:49am On Dec 31, 2014
A private home tutor is urgently needed for maths and pure science subjects for IGSCE at Ogba

Applicant must have B.ed/B.sc/HND with minimum of 3 years teaching experience.
Applicant must be ready to work 3 times in a week at an average of 2 hours each.
Applicant must already be working as a teacher in reputable secondary school, tutorial college or as a home tutor.

Salary: 20-27k

Interested candidate should send CV to adhazor@gmail.com
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by dyomo(m): 12:58pm On Dec 31, 2014
maltina:
Between 45-60k.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by dyomo(m): 1:00pm On Dec 31, 2014
oluemmakay:
What did you apply for?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Pweezy(m): 1:05pm On Dec 31, 2014
Feedback frm dose who were @ laurettes college ooo

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by manie(m): 2:36pm On Dec 31, 2014
maltina:

Young but experienced guys may be employed, but MUST have verifiable records of post graduation achievements in the educational industry.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 4:45pm On Dec 31, 2014
MidaxPhoenix:
An educational consult located at lekki- Ajah require for immediate employment the services of part time tutors.

HONEST,

HAVE MANAGEMENT QUALITIES such as communication skills, inter-personal skills, motivational skills etc.

HAVE good grasps of any of the following subject area

PHYSICS/FURTHER MATHEMATICS/MATHEMATICS

BIOLOGY/CHEMISTRY

Accommodation available for distant applicants

call 08037845851 or send your CV to olayinka@ebtutors.com
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by ravensckar(m): 6:05pm On Dec 31, 2014
My humble feedback from laurets college...

The interview started at about 9:30am, first, we were given a form that contains questions which are aimed at evaluating one's teaching experiences. because, the questions are centred on Teacher-student relation, Teacher-parents relation, Teacher-taecher relation, Classroom management amongst others. However, it's noteworthy to mention dt doz questions are to be answered directly inside that same booklet containing the questions.

The second part, we were given that are specific to the posts we're applying for. For example, if you're applying for Biology, you'll be given Biology questions to answer. These questions are standard SSCE questions. It's a theoretical question, consisting of 4 main questions which are further divided into other sub-questions. e.g Question no1 may have 1(a) which may also contain 1(a) i-iii, 1(b)i-iii,1(c)i-iii,1(d)i-iii, To question no 4. The questions ain't really difficult because they are purely S.S. 3 questions or even a WAEC past question. Speaking with respect to the Biology questions which I answered o.

The third aspect is the critical reasoning aspect. You wana think it's something difficult? Not at all! It was based on d story of a fisherman who caught a hand-glove instead of fish. Here, we were asked to write an essay in a view to critically analyse the situation and to point out the morals of the story.

Next was the oral interview. This oral interview method varies for different applicants; some were asked to do a micro-teaching after which they were asked questions based on wat they taught. For others, it was purely a question & answer segment. You can guess what mine would be. Lol!
In my own case, the principal of the school particularly took delight in throwing questions at me. These, I answered in my usual convincing manner. From his questions, I could sense that he's a science inclined person hence his ability to arm-twist my answers to beget subsequent questions.

In conclusion, it was also another unforgettable interview experience. I must confess, that I'm more than impressed with their organisational ingenuity. It's really a big school that is situated in a serene environment.

Worthy of acknowledgement are the many nairalanders whom we met there. Some, I can't remember their username. You guys displayed an unrivalled spirit of brotherhood. May Heavens answer our prayers in ds coming new year.

Lest I 4get,many heartily thanks to the OP of this wonderful thread. The poster of different jobs here, the various esteemed contributors. And to those silent followers, who only log in to claim any available job posted without giving feedbacks, Una case dey court o. Lol!

And to my wonderful friend evathyst(Bisola) who couldn't attend because she doesn't want to compete with me. Lol! U did miss a lot of adventure.

One love everybody!

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (1042) (Reply)

Updated-New Job Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job / Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.