Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,571 members, 7,837,165 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs - Jobs/Vacancies (139) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs (2585585 Views)

110, 181 Apply For 2000 Slots In Teaching Service - TESCOM / Vacancy For Those Interested In Teaching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (1042) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 10:10pm On Feb 06, 2015
Good evening xtfield.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Toeyean1507(f): 10:18pm On Feb 06, 2015
upload111:

Okay thanks for all the assist u have been rendering..still need more o!! I stay around bariga..I wouldn't mind any good teaching job for secondary school around areas not too far from there and also house-parent/ housemaster jobs anywhere on the island or mainland
i hail o,my hood blood
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 10:22pm On Feb 06, 2015
Chukuma101, have you gotten a place you are managing?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 10:24pm On Feb 06, 2015
Did you go to that school at Pedro? Same here.
Toeyean1507:
i hail o,my hood blood
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by VickyHills(f): 10:50pm On Feb 06, 2015
Givemejoy:
I suppose that should be Illasamaja in Lagos. I quite sympathise with you. In most private schools, they owners careless about staff welfare. I have challenged my principal when he spoke to us aggressively which has never happened in history of the school, the set of teacher they employde that period showed them how a school should be run not ready to take nonesense from them, infact the new teachers where the only ones doing lessons. 28 periods, three subjects and 27k. Madam, the parent did not see the reason for the delay which your proprietor refused to explain to her. I suggest this holiday, you get another school. By the way, where you the one who wrote about boredom in which the doctor advised you take up the job and enrol you child in the school.
Art, what do you mean by scientific teaching? I might be needing it.

Wow! Thanks, Givemejoy. God bless. This school doesn't grow cos there are no innovations and changes; and anyone that comes with anything new, is being frustrated and sent away.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Odunharry(m): 11:02pm On Feb 06, 2015
VickyHills:
I once mentioned that our School's proprietor is a "parents'-ass-licker" which I'm re-emphasising now.
Yesterday, a parent came and insulted me and was just about slapping me when someone stopped her. It all because I delayed the boy from going home until he recites 4times table(which the boy had learnt by the time I was through coaching him o). Today, I was expecting our oga to call the lady to order after hearing the whole issue, just for him to personally go to the lady's house and apologised to her and come back to tell me to stomach every nonsense a parent dishes me and he will rather loose 10 teachers than to loose 1 parent(no matter how hostile they are).
After teaching 50 subjects in a week, writing comprehensive lesson notes, decorating the classroom(the classes aren't painted); parents very hostile attitude etc, the man pays me only 12k.
Pleeeeeeeaaaassseeee! Help. I'm a mother and stays at Ilasa.
that is harsh mhen...d proprietor is really an as* licker.

It is well ma
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 11:19pm On Feb 06, 2015
The principal wants to maximise profit by ensuring customers are satisfied at the expense of the staff. The school I mentioned the owner gave us five seasoning cubes and two detergents for christmas bonus, no P.T.A plus sentiments involved(you are not involved in decision making, decisions are taken before bringing it to the notice of staff). No teacher (young chap) would stay in such a school, many teachers that left the school either left as a result of fustration or conspiracy. It was not a good experience. That the reason we need seasoned teachers such as xtfield, manie and other experience hands.

That is the reason I do not blame some of us strictly looking for just home lesson or better paying job aside teaching. Most schools that pay less that 35k is where you see all these anomalies. There is light at the end of the tunnel.
Odunharry:

that is harsh mhen...d proprietor is really an as* licker.

It is well ma
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Odunharry(m): 11:34pm On Feb 06, 2015
na wah o...All i know all is well

Givemejoy and sunnypar how is work and the family
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sunnypar(m): 11:42pm On Feb 06, 2015
Work is great and family is great. How about our get together now? Nobody seems to be saying anything about it.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sunnypar(m): 11:44pm On Feb 06, 2015
Sunnypar:
A farmer once took an egg from an eagle's nest. He took it and placed it under one his hens and it hatched with a little brood of chickens. The farmer raised the bird with great patience and attempted to tame him. The eagle never really seemed to fit in with the chickens. It always walked alone; it could not seem to relate to or interact with the chickens.

As the eagle grew, he realised something seemed to be wrong deep inside of him. Even though if had never known my other existence but life in the chicken yard, it just did not feel like home to him. He wanted to leave the chicken yard and take to the skies. He even tried to do so, and the farmer finally had to clip his wings to keep him from flying away.

Since the eagle could not fly, he just sat in the chicken yard looking up at the sky. One day a storm began to brew, the sky grew dark, and all the barnyard animal scurried around for cover; the chickens were terribly frightened, as chickens are prone to be. The eagle sat watching the scene in front of him, realising the storm did not frighten him in the least.

At the moment, he could not help but stretch out his wings, and as he did, he noticed that the farmer had failed to keep them clipped. Suddenly, his eyes caught sight of a great eagle riding the wind above him, his wings outstretched in majestic form.

The eagle that was raised as a chicken looked again at the chickens scurrying around frantically, them returned his gaze to the eagle soaring peacefully above him, them looked backed at the chickens and then ve at the eagle again. He heard the eagle let out an awesome, piercing cry. In that instant, he knew he had to get out of that chicken yard! A mighty gush of wind swept beneath his outstretched wings and lifted him into the air. With a shrill scream of victory and freedom, he left the barnyard forever. Adapted from
Joyce Meyer's book Never Give Up!

I started out as a cleaner in 2011. Nobody knew I was a cleaner. I dressed corporately to work, one would have thought I worked in a big company. I did the job as if my life depended on it, I was paid a paltry 12k. If I am not mistaken, I submitted more than a thousand copies of cv's I even finished eighty leaves higher education exercise book. The truth is, it is strangers than would help you!
I was frustrated, I no get chick, no cash and no swagg. I opted out for a security job. One fateful day, the boss had issues with meeting a deadline for an assignment, he gave me part of the job to do, I did it well with his pc, he was amazed. I got a raise to 35k. Along the line, his friend wanted a computer teacher for his 10 year old child, I was able to teach him to the best of my abilities, earning 55k plus my security work. Hustle is real. To be continued.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by upload111: 7:42am On Feb 07, 2015
Toeyean1507:
i hail o,my hood blood

Na me hail pass!! Send me pm
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by upload111: 7:51am On Feb 07, 2015
Sunnypar:
Work is great and family is great. How about our get together now? Nobody seems to be saying anything about it.

I second the opinion of the get together..how is it going to be?.. I tink we should talk about it.. If yall up to it,,Pm me so I can get evryone's email n thereby we can commune on the organising and arrangement tinz....
@sunnypar
@givemejoy
@omawunmie/@peejaywunmi
@artistically
@goldendr
@odunharry
@Sexzy99
@mamaDD n co.
@all of una wey dey this thread
(MOD I hope say I no talk pass my mouth o! Abeg make una no ban me o! ..inform me if I do something wrong o.)
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by upload111: 7:54am On Feb 07, 2015
chrisdenis01:
Any update on Benford Int sch?

Those of you that applied to benford school pls respond to this
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 8:08am On Feb 07, 2015
I am in for the get-together.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 9:06am On Feb 07, 2015
Global Profilers is a Recruitment
& HR Services firm specialized in
recruitment in Africa; we are
currently looking for a Classroom
Teacher KS1 and KS2 for our
client who is into Education
Sector.
RESPONSIBILITIES:
Teaching inspiring, engaging
lessons
Ensuring every child makes
progress in their learning in
every lesson
Planning and preparing high
quality, differentiated lessons
that provide both support and
challenge as needed
Establishing a safe, happy
classroom environment that
assists learning (including quality
displays and sound behaviour
management strategies)
Marking work, assessing and
providing high quality feedback
to children to help them to
achieve; target setting
Reporting regularly and in detail
to parents
Developing students moral, social
and personal development
Providing pastoral care
Engaging in professional
development as an individual,
with colleagues from within
school and as part of the wider
global community
QUALIFICATION AND
EXPERIENCE:
Essential Qualifications and
Experience:
Qualified to degree level or above
Qualified Teacher Status
At least two years successful
teaching experience in the
classroom
UK experience teaching the
English National Curriculum
A global outlook
Desirable Experience and Skills:
Experience of teaching students
with English as an Additional
Language
Experience of using a range of
formative and summative
assessment techniques to track
achievement and progress
Experience of using assessment
data to set targets for children
and to inform planning
Experience of planning exciting,
purposeful lessons that meet the
needs of all learners
A working knowledge of the
new English National Curriculum
framework and an
understanding of how this might
be adapted for use in an
international school setting
The ability to forge outstanding
relationships with the individual
pupils in the class
An understanding of the needs
of parents, particularly in an
international setting
Desirable Personal Attributes:
Passionate, enthusiastic educator
Motivated self-starter; an
innovative mind set
An effective communicator
Ability to be a team player, a
collaborator – a trusted colleague
Ability to see alternative
perspectives
Ability to lead – and to follow
Flexibility and adaptability
Good sense of humour
Calm demeanour and grace
under pressure
Global outlook
Willingness to engage with CPD
Attention to detail
Organisational and time
management skills
Ability to adhere to deadlines
OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Candidates should hold a current
Enhanced Criminal Records
Bureau Disclosure or the
equivalent for countries lived in
outside the UK.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 9:10am On Feb 07, 2015
The services of Accountants
are needed urgently at a
reputable Catering Company.
Accountants
Job Type Full Time
Qualification BA/BSc/HND
Location Rivers
Job Field Finance /
Accounting / Audit
Requirements
A minimum of HND/B.Sc in
Accountancy is required and
the applicant must be
resident in Port harcourt.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably
qualified candidates should
forward their applications
with detaild CVs to
careers@thepromisenig.com
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Toeyean1507(f): 9:48am On Feb 07, 2015
Givemejoy:
Did you go to that school at Pedro? Same here.
No,i did not. I later discovered dat my result has not been processed in sch due to d fact dat Nysc batch A wont be dis feb again. I'm presently teaching maths and further maths on a part time basis in sch but d money is so meagre.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Engrcharlesid(m): 10:46am On Feb 07, 2015
Greetings peez
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by lenmafon: 10:50am On Feb 07, 2015
@op, pls can u send me list of some good schools in Akure and environs cos am trying to relocate from gombe to that place but i need to be sure i can get something doing. i ve 5 years teaching experience in computer studies. am a hnd graduate and has just completed my pdge. thanks
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by upload111: 12:51pm On Feb 07, 2015
GoldenDr:
I am in for the get-together.

Pm me ur number or email for d get together..
@sunnypar @givemejoy @artiscally etc... How far with yall u down wif it?? Send pm me ur numbers so we can plan it together
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Kowor(f): 2:59pm On Feb 07, 2015
Vacancy! Vacancy!
Fountain of love daycare, nursery and primary school is in need of qualified teachers. Interested applicants should submit their CVS at No 6, Wilkey street alamutu. Mushin.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by upload111: 3:27pm On Feb 07, 2015
@toyean I got ur pm n I'v replied
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by gentlekaycy: 4:53pm On Feb 07, 2015
An engish female teacher is needed at badagry. Free accommodation. 08062670847
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by LilyLuvSrk(f): 7:29pm On Feb 07, 2015
gentlekaycy:
An engish female teacher is needed at badagry. Free accommodation. 08062670847
I am an english female teacher. I teach currently. I'm interested in the job. I want to know what's the name of the school & what's the pay?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by LilyLuvSrk(f): 7:29pm On Feb 07, 2015
I'm a home tutor residing in Lagos. I
teach & help nursery, primary &
secondary school children. I teach the
following subjects Literacy(English),
Literature, Numeracy(Maths), social
studies, home econs, design & tech for primary level. For secondary level, i
teach English, literature, Government,
commerce. I assist & prepare students on what to
face during common entrance, junior &
senior waec. You can contact me through this
number: 07080398015
or
Email me: lilyzgirl2010@gmail.com
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 1:19am On Feb 08, 2015
upload111:

Pm me ur number or email for d get together..
@sunnypar @givemejoy @artiscally etc... How far with yall u don wif it?? Send pm me ur numbers so we can plan it together
esrherfunmilayo@gmail.com
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 1:21am On Feb 08, 2015
You did not state your qualification, location and years of experience
LilyLuvSrk:
I'm a home tutor residing in Lagos. I
teach & help nursery, primary &
secondary school children. I teach the
following subjects Literacy(English),
Literature, Numeracy(Maths), social
studies, home econs, design & tech for primary level. For secondary level, i
teach English, literature, Government,
commerce. I assist & prepare students on what to
face during common entrance, junior &
senior waec. You can contact me through this
number: 07080398015
or
Email me: lilyzgirl2010@gmail.com
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 1:35am On Feb 08, 2015
Odunharry:
[b]For those who need guide on
preparation of a lesson note

The key component of a lesson
note are Behavioral
objective,content,presentation,conclusion

A brief description of a lesson
note..it is a plan design by a
teacher to achieve stated edu
obj.

WHY IS IT IMPORTANT?
It important cos it as a guide and
other teacher can use it to teach
when u are not available

NOW LET GO TO EACH COMPONENT OF A LESSON NOTE
*******behavioral objective is
very vital..it a statement of
intended action/what you ought
to achieve at the end of the lesson..

********CONTENT
it has to do with the lesson
itself....evrything you ought to
teach the student

*******INSTRUCTIONAL/
REFERENCE MATERIAL
Your reference material are
mainly ur textbook whch u will
use in teachng...
Instructional material are tools/ materials that aid teaching.Instructional materials support learning content..examples are
charts,textbooks,radio,tv,projector
etc
note: Instructional materials varies
and depend on the content,learners age,class size,subject itself etc...
For a large class,it adviceabl to
use instructional materials that appeals to both sight and
sound...A projector is suitable in
this case..
For a small class,chart place in
front of the class is suitable etc Now Let assume u are teaching
transportation/money to j.s
class..it preferable u get a chart
displaying the diffrent mode of
transportation/denomination of
d naira currency for them to understand the class better.

If you are teaching accounting ,let say Final accounts.it important to get
copies of p n l acct/balance sheet
of any plc so that the student will know how a pnl or balance
sheet looks like..
Finally.instructionl materials
make lessons more interesting

****PRESENTATION
This are step u will take during
the course of the lesson to
achieve ur stated objective.it
should be in line with ur
behavioral objective Let assume you are teachng database and in the previous class you taught the class
Computer Your presentation will go thus,
***STEP1: The teacher ask the following question from the
previous class
a.what is a computer
b.state 2 use of computer
c.list ten users of computer ***STEP2:the teacher introduce
the lesson by defining what a
database is
***STEP3: The teacher gives
advantage and disadvantage of
database
***STEP4: The teacher state the
importance of database
***STEP 5:The teacher summarises the whole lesson and welcome questions from student

********EVALUATION
Your evaluation must be in line
with ur behavioral objective..if
you intend to achieve four
objective in the course of ur
lesson,ur evaluation must have four questions.
Let assume our behavioral
objectives are..
At the end of d lesson,student
should be able to
1.Define database
2.State the importance of
database
3. State advantage and
disadvantages of database..
Your evaluation question to the
student will be
1.define database
2.state importance of database
3.state advantage and
disadvantage of database

NOTE: Manner in which student
respond to ur evaluation question will tell you how far you have been able to achieve ur stated objective[/b]
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 1:40am On Feb 08, 2015
Now let me say one or two things about
Interviews
The interview and test processes for
teaching jobs is a bit different from
normal office job interviews. In teaching
interviews, more emphasis is placed on
your ability to do the job, that is to
know whether you can actually teach. So
the questions are likely going to focus
on the processes of teaching.
Different schools have different
methods of conducting their tests and
interviews and also different kinds of
questions. But most of them will test ur
Maths skills, ur subject knowledge skills,
English Language and Reasoning ability.
So a person going for an interview in a
school shud try and know basic Maths
questions like Mean, median and mode,
word problems, simple interest etc.
Also try and know how to write Essays
(very important) and how to answer
comprehension questions.
Another very important thing which I
expect every teacher or prospective
teacher to know very well is how to
prepare a Lesson Plan.
About 70% of d tests I've sat for
contained this question-preparing
lesson plan. Lesson plan is actually very
simple to prepare if you take a look @ it,
and its also very important to a teacher.
Infact it is to a teacher what the Bible is
to a Pastor!
Next very essential thing is how to do
Micro-teaching. Actually, most schools
don't have time for tests and long
interviews, they will just ask you to
do a 10 minutes micro-teaching and
from there they decide whether to hire
u or not. So its important to polish your
teaching skills. Have at least 2 or 3 topics
you can teach very well in your chosen
subject and learn it very well.
#To be continued#

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Aystarz: 5:57am On Feb 08, 2015
Hello! my erudite teachers of nairaland. I greet you all.
I am an experienced teacher and a home tutor itching for a new job for quite some time now. I have dropped my cvs in virtually every school in my area (Amuwo-odofin, ijegun, alakija environs) but up till this moment, I am yet to get a call for an interview from any of them. I can teach primary schools to grade 6 level and I could handle all subjects at junior high school level (even though I have a banking and finance degree)
Please if there's a job opening (schools, home lessons etc) in ijegun, alakija, masamasa environs, do let me know....
The reason I am yet to be called is the fact that most schools in those areas outlined aren't recruiting at the moment. It's Infact a bad time to get a teaching job in the country as most schools are already in their 5th week of the second term.
Pls nairalanders, help a brother who's got mouths to feed, but not the means to do so. Thanks. Email is Mykestunts@gmail.com
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Odunharry(m): 8:51am On Feb 08, 2015
Givemejoy nice input..

Happy sunday 2 u
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by upload111: 12:33pm On Feb 08, 2015
Saw dis advert somewhere ..it may profit someone....

Global Profilers is a Recruitment & HR Services firm
specialized in recruitment in Africa; we are currently
recruiting for our client who is in the Education
Sector to fill the below position:
Job Title: Classroom Teacher KS1 and KS2
Responsibilities
Teaching inspiring, engaging lessons
Ensuring every child makes progress in their learning
in every lesson
Planning and preparing high quality, differentiated
lessons that provide both support and challenge as
needed
Establishing a safe, happy classroom environment
that assists learning (including quality displays and
sound behaviour management strategies)
Marking work, assessing and providing high quality
feedback to children to help them to achieve; target
setting
Reporting regularly and in detail to parents
Developing students moral, social and personal
development
Providing pastoral care
Engaging in professional development as an
individual, with colleagues from within school and as
part of the wider global community
Qualification and Experience
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
Qualified to degree level or above
Qualified Teacher Status
At least two years successful teaching experience in
the classroom
UK experience teaching the English National
Curriculum
A global outlook
Desirable Experience and Skills:
Experience of teaching students with English as an
Additional Language
Experience of using a range of formative and
summative assessment techniques to track
achievement and progress
Experience of using assessment data to set targets
for children and to inform planning
Experience of planning exciting, purposeful lessons
that meet the needs of all learners
A working knowledge of the new English National
Curriculum framework and an understanding of how
this might be adapted for use in an international
school setting
The ability to forge outstanding relationships with
the individual pupils in the class
An understanding of the needs of parents,
particularly in an international setting
Desirable Personal Attributes:
Passionate, enthusiastic educator
Motivated self-starter; an innovative mind set
An effective communicator
Ability to be a team player, a collaborator - a trusted
colleague
Ability to see alternative perspectives
Ability to lead - and to follow
Flexibility and adaptability
Good sense of humour
Calm demeanour and grace under pressure
Global outlook
Willingness to engage with CPD
Attention to detail
Organisational and time management skills
Ability to adhere to deadlines
Other Requirements:
Candidates should hold a current Enhanced Criminal
Records Bureau Disclosure or the equivalent for
countries lived in outside the UK.
Application Closing Date
Not Stated
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Follow this link below to apply online

globalprofilers.com/job-details.php?job_id=438

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (1042) (Reply)

Updated-New Job Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job / Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.