Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,796 members, 7,817,301 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs - Jobs/Vacancies (248) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs (2575526 Views)

110, 181 Apply For 2000 Slots In Teaching Service - TESCOM / Vacancy For Those Interested In Teaching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (1041) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by IdeeyN(m): 7:15pm On Aug 02, 2015
I live in Asaba. Am new, looking for a good school around. Anyone with useful info?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 7:18pm On Aug 02, 2015
IdeeyN:
I live in Asaba. Am new, looking for a good school around. Anyone with useful info?
Are you new in Asaba? Where in Asaba?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by IdeeyN(m): 7:39pm On Aug 02, 2015
artisticallyart:
Are you new in Asaba? Where in Asaba?
Bonsaac
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 7:43pm On Aug 02, 2015
manie:

Please get in touch with me.
Manie helping us since 1800
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 7:44pm On Aug 02, 2015
manie:

You need to ask him what he currently earns, before advising him on the minimum pay to expect from his new employer. He may be earning above 70k or below 50k. But most schools have their salary structures, it is better to have an idea of the salary structure of schools in an area.
sir with the current economic conditions and prevailing factors.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 8:02pm On Aug 02, 2015
It is not our circumstances that make us negative but our attitude to those circumstances. Do not start your day in neutral but set your mind to have a positive attitude. Pay attention to what you think as you cannot think negative thoughts and live a positive life. Here is my challenge to you---Control the door way to your mind. Enlarge your vision and set your mind for victory. Welcome to our month of positive altitude. Happy new month.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 8:15pm On Aug 02, 2015
chinksy7:

Lekki - Ajah
Have you done the needful?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 8:16pm On Aug 02, 2015
IdeeyN:
try schools in your neighborhood.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 8:59pm On Aug 02, 2015
Discipline :any social science discipline
The I.T student must be living around Ogba , Agege or Iju area.
Interested candidates shud forward there CV to germaneng@yahoo.com or contact 08020771053 for details
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by lacum: 9:02pm On Aug 02, 2015
i studied bsc economics and i currently live in mgbidi imo state. i have a pgde but my result is not yet out. i need a good school around imo, anambra n asaba. i hv don d needfull by submiting my cv to schools like Rayjacobs, Grundtvig n Tansian uni twice but no reply yet. pls u can help me if u know of oda good schools around this area dat are recruiting
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by xwallace(m): 9:58pm On Aug 02, 2015
Please someone help me out, I am graduate of Electrical Engineering (B.Eng). I need teaching Job around Ketu/Owode, Lagos. Help me out my 08086716420.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 10:05pm On Aug 02, 2015
Class Teachers Needed At Doves College
JOB SUMMARY:
To plan, organize and implement an appropriate instructional program in an elementary or secondary learning environment that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic potential. Work is performed under the supervision of the principal.

Essential functions of the job may include but are not limited to the following:
• Plan, prepare and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active learning.
• Develops schemes of work, lesson plans and tests that are in accordance with established procedures.
• Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment.
• Use relevant technology to support and differentiate instruction.
• Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures.
• Maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of the school.
• Provide appropriate feedback on work.
• Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students and use information to adjust teaching strategies.
• Maintain accurate and complete records of students' progress and development.
• Update all necessary records accurately and completely as required by laws, district policies and school regulations.
• Prepare required reports on students and activities.
• Participate in department, school, district and parent meetings.
• Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues and parents regarding student progress and student needs.
• Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
• Prepare classroom for class activities.
• Provide a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities.
• Observe and evaluate student's performance and development.
• Assign and grade class work, homework, tests and assignments.

Other functions of the job include but are not limited to the following
• Demonstrate preparation and skill in working with students from diverse cultural, economic and ability backgrounds.
• Encourage parent and community involvement, obtain information for parents when requested, promptly return phone calls and answer emails.
• Participate in appropriate professional activities.
• Participate in extracurricular activities such as social activities, sporting activities, clubs and student organizations as directed.
• Other duties as assigned.

Knowledge Skills and Ability Required:
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• B.A/B.S degree in teaching from an accredited institution or related field teaching
• Minnesota State certification in teaching in appropriate subject area.
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
• Must have the ability and proven ability to report to work on a regular and punctual basis.
• Perform all other related work delegated or required to accomplish the objectives of the total school program.
• Knowledge and implementation of relevant technology.
• Meet professional teacher education requirements of school, district and state.

Physical Requirements
• Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, operate a computer, hand-held learning devices and other office equipment.

any interested applicant should forward their c.v's to hrmichel696@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Engrcharlesid(m): 10:08pm On Aug 02, 2015
xwallace:
Please someone help me out, I am graduate of Electrical Engineering (B.Eng). I need teaching Job around Ketu/Owode, Lagos. Help me out my 08086716420.
were do u stay precisely
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by xwallace(m): 10:21pm On Aug 02, 2015
Engrcharlesid:
were do u stay precisely
I stay in Omo Disu Close, Off Adebakin Str., Ikosi-Ketu
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Engrcharlesid(m): 10:27pm On Aug 02, 2015
xwallace:

I stay in Omo Disu Close, Off Adebakin Str., Ikosi-Ketu
are u currently teaching somewhere ........i was thinking u are in owode ajegunle ....
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by nitane25(f): 10:37pm On Aug 02, 2015
artisticallyart:
Teaching Job Is Now Hot Cake In Nigeria(My Experience). by akubudejud(m): 3:33pm On Nov 14, 2013
PLEASE..! If you are reading this post deliberately or by chance,I will beg you to be very objective and learn from this rather than criticizing or condemning how the presentation is made ,this is my personal experiences and may not apply to every body, follow the thread and learn, this post is not intending to showcase my writing skills or to down-grade any career or advertise any establishment, however it is meant to encourage the minds of many intelligent unemployed graduate out there through my own past experience..Thank you.

Now,let me start from my school days,..Many years ago in the University my aims and objectives like any other undergraduate is to struggle hard to graduate with good grade, 2:1 grade at least, leave the school get a wonderful job that can fetch me good money to start life possibly getting another degree or starting a family,this is always our dreams back at school.But personally I was wrong, life in the campus is quite different from the outside life.Please, at this juncture,I am talking to those of us that are from an average family and not those whose parent had already starched money into their bank account or reserve a position for in a big conglomerate.

Now, I left school for my NYSC like many of us did, I was too much in a hurry to finish my NYSC because I believe my certificate is a straight ticket to work in Shell ,NNPC,GLO, MTN, NLG, GTBANK, HALLIBURTON,CHEVRON just name them,these establishments are very good places to work no doubt,I was known in all test venue all over the country writing one test or the other and after a lot of frustrated attempt, I remember the Federal government jobs in all the Ministries including state ministries,tried the Nigerian police, Army ,Navy ,Air force,Road safety and so on and so forth..No Godfather No Job..Even after a successful Aptitude Test and interviews no Job, I AM getting older, my age is disappointing me to get certain good Job that I desired, earlier however, along the line, during my Youth service, I was introduced to teaching but I ended up quarreling with my adviser even though I enjoyed teaching during the time I served as a youth corper.

Now, am jobless but intelligent, the flashes of my NYSC days when I was posted to a secondary school as a teacher kept coming in..TEACHER!! God forbid Who want to be a TEACHER ,after all David Osho was my course mate in school He is presently with Chevron..I am a graduate of Geophysics too so why would you wish me such a thing that was always my reaction...I remain jobless while so many job vacancies were been advertised every day from old and new schools looking for qualify and intelligent teachers all over Nigeria.

After many years of roaming about the street of Lagos ,Abuja, Portharcourt, Ibadan etc. I settled down for a private school where I was completely used up every day for a pay as low as N 7,000.00 PER month incredible..!(not exaggerating here) very small to start with you may say.

But hear this, after a while I began to study the system gather money to develop myself in the field and fortunately things started changing in the educational sector in Nigeria, Teachers started earning respect from people. Thank God and the NTI-(National Teacher's Institute) and TRCN (Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria) as they Started standardizing the profession.

Through hard work however,I learnt the rudiment of teaching and I started having different views and understanding about some schools in Nigeria running both Nigerian and British curriculum in education, I then apply to one of the International school around after my PGDip Ed. and sincerely speaking ,I never thought I could enjoy teaching not only by the act but by what one could learn and gain from this type of high caliber secondary schools and other government schools in Nigeria.

So now,if you are in the line of education already I congratulate you. Imagine the multitude of NYSC graduates passing out and other intelligent graduates from Higher Institutions roaming the street claiming to be graduate of Universities and polytechnics wasting away looking for job that is NOT even available.

When moving around Lagos one day I remember with great pity how many like me refusing to start something small...Please, let us re-think and plan for ourselves you can pursue your dream but don't relegate any profession it could be your saving grace..WE ALL CAN NOT BE TEACHERS BUT YOU CAN AS WELL APPRECIATE THIS NOBLE PROFESSION.

NOW APART FROM THE CONVENTIONAL SECONDARY SCHOOLS LIKE THE ONE YOU AND I ATTENDED WHICH IS ACTUALLY BETTER NOW IN NIGERIA TO START A CAREER IN TEACHING,...WE NOW HAVE INTERNATIONAL SCHOOLS IN NIGERIA OPERATING ON A DIFFERENT LEVEL AND PEOPLE DON'T EVEN KNOW THAT THEY PAY VERY WELL.

Schools Like....

Grange school Lagos.
Day waterman college ASU Ogun State.
Dowen College Lagos.
Olashore International School(OIS) Osun State.
Atlantic Hall lagos.
British International School.(BIS)
Redeemers International school Lagos.
Bloombred International secondary school Portharcourt.
Temple school Lagos.
Corona School.
Meadow Hall School.
Pampers School and
so many others too numerous to mention.

These are AISEN Schools,(Association of International Schools Educators of Nigeria (AISEN ).However,not all schools using the word 'International' belong to AISEN...check this site(http://www.aisenconference.com/)They operate different salary structures for their staff and provides training for them both local and international some of these schools start from as low as N 100,000.00. The method of teaching is technologically based with the use of ICT and modern facilities, Recently a friend of mine got a job as a Mathematics teacher and they started with N 250,000.00 per month excluding accommodation and other benefits, please I am not exaggerating here to amuse any body also not trying to advertise the schools my point is that if you are intelligent teaching is one career that is very lucrative now in Nigeria and will expose you positively.

What you need is to be qualify as a professional in the field, do one or two courses in education and if you already had one, good luck.!

I work in one of the Schools listed above and my orientations about teaching had so far changed,I have my PGDip. Ed and also doing my M.Ed. Internal training from the school helped me with some International recognize certification in education now. I felt I should let you know this little secret, which is not for everybody though!

Please, Joblessness could lead to frustration..Until you start to teach you wouldn't know you are a good teacher,make a move now and as you start small you will soon become large..! God bless you.
I LIKE DIS PERSON! VrY NICE MY DEAr
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 10:37pm On Aug 02, 2015
An experienced and a professional DICTION/PHONICS TEACHER IS URGENTLY NEEDED AT A MONTESSORI NURSERY/PRIMARY SCHOOL IN IBEJU LEKKI AREA OF LAGOS STATE.

INTERESTED CANDIDATES SHOULD CONTACT;

08090790333 OR EMAIL: yflorish245@yahoo.com
MamaDDD.... Longest time.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by xwallace(m): 10:40pm On Aug 02, 2015
Engrcharlesid:
are u currently teaching somewhere ........i was thinking u are in owode ajegunle ....
not currently teaching as of now
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Engrcharlesid(m): 11:00pm On Aug 02, 2015
xwallace:

not currently teaching as of now
as of last week ...a small school in owode ajegunle was looking for a physics teacher ...

noodles college .....along ikorodu road ....

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 11:24pm On Aug 02, 2015
GoldenDr:
University
Demonstration
Secondary School,
Address: Inside The
University Of Port-
harcourt, Port
Harcourt, Rivers,
Nigeria

Norwegian
International School
Address: 121/123
Woji Road, Port
Harcourt, Rivers,
Nigeria

Graceland
International School
Address: 25/27,
Liberation Stadium
Road, Port Harcourt,
Rivers, Nigeria

Bereton Montessori
School
Address: 8 Ernest
Ikoli Street, Old Gra,
Port Harcourt, Rivers,

Bereton Montessori
School
Address: Plot 270,
Liberation Stadium
Road, Port Harcourt,
Lagos, Nigeria
Graceland
International School
Address: 25/27,
Liberation Stadium
Road, Port Harcourt,
Rivers, Nigeria

BGL
Address: 59 King
Perekule Street, Port
Harcourt, River

Caverton Helicopters
Address: Aba Road,
Port Harcourt, Rivers,
Nigeria
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 11:26pm On Aug 02, 2015
Porthacourt and Osun State peeps should check page 148-150.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 11:27pm On Aug 02, 2015
Send your C.V’S to P.O.BOX 13022, Ikeja, Lagos or email to hygienefacilities@gmail.com
– A reputable organization urgently required the services of
1. Administrative Officer.
2.Receptionist/Secretary.
3. Drivers. Requirement- A minimum of two years experienced needed.

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by kendraloops(f): 11:27pm On Aug 02, 2015
Anyone in Owode, Akure, a new school is looking for an NCE graduate that can handle little kids well. Like I said, school's just starting and so cannot offer a jumbo salary. Call 07033382484.

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 11:28pm On Aug 02, 2015
House Mistresses, Hotel Supervisors, Nurse, Teachers. Qualifications: BSc or B.ED in English,
Mathematics, Basic Tech, Arabic, Business Studies, Home Economics, with good Teaching
experience

How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their detailed CV to : nticlagos@gmail.com, or 4A, Agbaoku St,
off Opebi, Ikeja, Lagos. Tel: 01-7749545,01-7400915, 08146862641, 07045360794

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by igweooo4: 12:15am On Aug 03, 2015
@artisticallyart the boss I hail you o.......why is it that kings college don't send sms for test invite directly to the applicants mail
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by naturalmi: 1:15am On Aug 03, 2015
manie:

You need to ask him what he currently earns, before advising him on the minimum pay to expect from his new employer. He may be earning above 70k or below 50k. But most schools have their salary structures, it is better to have an idea of the salary structure of schools in an area.

Thanks so much! I understand the principle. But I earn more than 70k
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Todugbo(m): 2:03am On Aug 03, 2015
Hi room, I am a graduate of Microbiology, (2.1), currently in search of a teaching job around Ipaja area of Lagos and its environments. Anyone with helpful link should contact me on thomsonodugbo@yahoo.com. Subjects interested include; Biology, Basic sciences, Agricultural science.

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 5:38am On Aug 03, 2015
Solid Academy International Montessori Schools
14, Adeyemi Street, Ibukun Estate, Lamode Ijoko, Ogun State.

The services of Qualified Nursery and Primary Teachers are required.

Responsibilities:
Inculcate model behavior and mannerisms by self-example.
Ready to adjust teaching styles to meet the needs of the students
Prepare long-term teaching programs and daily lessons in accordance with the guidelines of the school's education system.
Understand the diverse background students come from, their strengths, weaknesses and areas of interest.
Plan, set and evaluate grade test, exams and assignments.
Supervise student conduct during class, lunchtime and other breaks.
Provide activities and materials that engage and challenge the students intellectually.
Understand and implement the use of information technology in lesson preparation and teaching.
Research on its own and make contributions into the system.

Qualifications and Requirements:
Must have a NCE/HND/Degree in Education. Masters in subjects related will be an advantage.
Have previous experience, coupled with outstanding classroom practice.
Have strong IT skills.
Knowledge of the Montessori method of teaching is an advantage.
Little or no experience is not a barrier.

Method of application
Send CV to solidacademyschools@gmail . com

Test and interview will be conducted at the above address
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 5:40am On Aug 03, 2015
VACANCY
A Reputable Private Schools (Nursery ,Primary & Secondary) located in Warri,–Delta State seeks Interested, passionate, proactive, result -oriented and qualified candidates to fill the following

A. Subject Areas/Vacant Positions:
• English Language/Literature
• Chemistry
• Physics/Mathematics
• Home Economics/Civic Education
• Other relevant teaching subject areas.

B. Class Teachers for Primary School

Requirement:
Interested candidates must have at least 6 months - one (1) year experience in the relevant post.

Qualification:
NCE & Degree Holders.

Mode:

Curriculum Vitae/Resume should be
Forwarded within two (2) weeks of this
Publication to this e-mail address: royalschools@outlook.com

Please state your expected monthly Remuneration in the body of your email.

Thank you.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 5:40am On Aug 03, 2015
A reputable secondary school in ljoko, Ota, Ogun State needs teachers in the following disciplines:

* Maths/Further Maths.
*English Lang./Literature
*Physics
*Chemistry
*Biology
*French
*Tech. Drawing/Basic Tech.
*Home Econs

NCE, OND holders and above can apply by sending CV to eccolabschools@gmail.com
Call 08188360168 for more info.
NB: Accommodation is not available for staff.

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (1041) (Reply)

Updated-New Job Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job / Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.