Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,830 members, 7,817,427 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs - Jobs/Vacancies (249) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs (2575606 Views)

110, 181 Apply For 2000 Slots In Teaching Service - TESCOM / Vacancy For Those Interested In Teaching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) ... (1041) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 5:42am On Aug 03, 2015
A reputable school in Benin City, Edo State had announced vacancies for Qualified Teachers in the following subject areas:

Chemistry
Mathematics
Agric Science
Biology

Requirements

1. Must be a Godly Christian (With all due regard to other religions - This is a Christian Mission School).

2. ND, HND, B.Sc or M.Sc in any of the subjects or a related subject -

PS: Any other reputable qualifications/certifications above the WASSCE are welcome.

3. Must have a Committed heart, Teachable spirit & Diligent attitude to work -

PS: We employ for ATTITUDE and train for skill so if the TEACHING profession is not your calling or you may want the job JUST for the money, do not bother to apply; you may not last in the organization even as you may be taking up the space of more interested parties.

4. Must live and reside in Benin city, Edo State.

Please not that previous experience is NOT necessary (come with an open, teachable mind).

For more information, please call the Director on: 08095775197 or 07051411581.

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 5:44am On Aug 03, 2015
A secondary school in Ota, Ogun State needs teachers for Literature and Technical Drawing. Salaries are competitive and successful candidates will need to start immediately. The ideal candidate should be a WAEC/NECO marker and teach school certificate classes, and should have been teaching for 2 or more years.

Academic Requirements For Literature Teacher: Degree in English Theatre, Performing Arts, Literature, Linguistics & Communication Arts, or other related courses.

Academic Requirements For Technical Drawing Teacher: Degree in Building Technology Or Relevant Engineering Courses with bias for drawing and interpretation of drawings. Wanted Urgently.

Interested candidates should submit their CV and application letters at the Ambassadors Schools, 2, Ambassadors Close, Opposite New Ota Market, Behind Total Petrol Station, Idi-Iroko Road, Ota. Candidates who live far away should call the Chairman at 08055103318 or Mr. Shehu at 07042964401 in advance to schedule an interview.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 5:47am On Aug 03, 2015
The Hillside School, a Highly reputable school in Abuja metropolis requires the services of experienced teachers for its secondary section in Liberal Arts and Sciences. All candidates must posses a degree in Education, and must be proficient in their area of specialization and computer application packages. (Microsoft Office Suites)

Required Experience: 5 - 8 years

If you meet any of the requirement above:
Send your CV to jobs@visitgwarinpa.org
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 5:48am On Aug 03, 2015
Good morning,
Remember that planning is a fundamental key to success. Have a very good day.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Yem0350: 7:21am On Aug 03, 2015
Jydego:
Please save a graduate of mathematics in ikorodu without a job
Send me a DM ASAP
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 7:21am On Aug 03, 2015
igweooo4:
@artisticallyart the boss I hail you o.......why is it that kings college don't send sms for test invite directly to the applicants mail
They do. The above was to inform members of this thread to try the school.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 7:26am On Aug 03, 2015
Feedback oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Debeloved87(m): 7:28am On Aug 03, 2015
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 7:38am On Aug 03, 2015
What is this suppose to mean?
Debeloved87:
Vv
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Debeloved87(m): 7:41am On Aug 03, 2015
PeyButtons:
Vacancies exist for the post of a class teacher and an assistant class teacher at Cornesther School :british/nigeria curriculum..creche..playgroup..nursery..primary..after school...at 66 Oshola street,off Oyemekun - College road, Ogba Lagos.
*I don't have any idea about the salary. Good Luck.
Hello can you help get the range of their salary structure.... I will like to apply to the school.. Although it's a bit far from my place..
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by PeyButtons(f): 9:53am On Aug 03, 2015
Debeloved87:
Hello can you help get the range of their salary structure.... I will like to apply to the school.. Although it's a bit far from my place..
Honestly speaking i dont know but i'm sure they cant pay more than 50k. whr is ur area?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by jeffoe(m): 10:07am On Aug 03, 2015
please is there any teaching job available in Benin city, thanks for your kind response.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by toluls(m): 10:14am On Aug 03, 2015
artisticallyart:
you just disappeared.

Hello. Not familiar with this moniker but I want to believe it's who I think it is. I didn't disappear really, I've been working online and offline to promote my biz plus working on repackaging that program. Trying to make it bigger and more attractive. I hope you've been good. What's happening?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 10:15am On Aug 03, 2015
jeffoe:
please is there any teaching job available in Benin city, thanks for your kind response.
Yes, they are teaching vacancies in Benin. What have efforts have you made? Please check previous page to see a job in Benin.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 10:16am On Aug 03, 2015
toluls:

Hello. Not familiar with this moniker but I want to believe it's who I think it is. I didn't disappear really, I've been working online and offline to promote my biz plus working on repackaging that program. Trying to make it bigger and more attractive. I hope you've been good. What's happening?
You abandoned us. You could give Manie, xtfield and Fxman65 to look at it.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by manie(m): 10:17am On Aug 03, 2015
naturalmi:

Thanks so much! I understand the principle. But I earn more than 70k

Is your new job far from where you reside? Do you trust the knowledge and experience of your new employer? Are you sure of the ability of the new school to exist as a going concern?

Considering all these, I think 85k to 90k should be the minimum you should settle for.

3 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by jeffoe(m): 10:40am On Aug 03, 2015
artisticallyart:
Yes, they are teaching vacancies in Benin. What have efforts have you made? Please check previous page to see a job in Benin.
i actually saw a vancancy on a previous page i called both numbers on the advert they weren't reachable thanks for your reply.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 10:55am On Aug 03, 2015
manie:

Is your new job far from where you reside? Do you trust the knowledge and experience of your new employer? Are sure of the ability of the new school to exist as a going concer>

Considering all these, I think 85k to 90k should be the minimum you should settle for.
Going concern undecided. Words from our Elders.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 10:56am On Aug 03, 2015
jeffoe:
i actually saw a vancancy on a previous page i called both numbers on the advert they weren't reachable thanks for your reply.

Get on the street and drop you resume asap.

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by manie(m): 11:06am On Aug 03, 2015
artisticallyart:
Going concern undecided. Words from our Elders.

That is the ability of the company to continue running as a profiatble enterprise. A friend left First Bank in 2007 to work at the defunct Intercontinental bank. I adviced him not to leave Intercontinental, because I doubted the continous ability of the company to pay him his new salary.

He was earning 125k per month as an assistant manager at First bank, whereas Intercontinental offered him 750k per month. My friend earned his pay at Intercontinental for just 5 months before he was suspended for his inability to meet targets. After 6 months suspension he lost his job, the guy is still jobless since 2008.

When I was still job hunting after the would-be employer must have interviewed me, I made sure I also interviewed the employer to have an idea of the ability of his organisation to exist as a going concern and the pedigree of the employer.

3 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nlevel(m): 11:12am On Aug 03, 2015
i need a teaching job in chemistry,mathematics around APAPA,FESTAC,SURULERE,YABA,AMUWO ODOFIN with at least 40-50k Salary range.BSc. Industrial Chemistry.Any info will be highly appreciated.Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by teevyne01: 11:18am On Aug 03, 2015
manie:

nice quote.. really nice quote.. but really (I would deeply like to know), how did and do you interview an interviewer? I don't think I have that ability at all and im looking to developing it.

That is the ability of the company to continue running as a profiatble enterprise. A friend left First Bank in 2007 to work at the defunct Intercontinental bank. I adviced him not to leave Intercontinental, because I doubted the continous ability of the company to pay him his new salary.

He was earning 125k per month as an assistant manager at First bank, whereas Intercontinental offered him 750k per month. My friend earned his pay at Intercontinental for just 5 months before he was suspended for his inability to meet targets. After 6 months suspension he lost his job, the guy is still jobless since 2008.

When I was still job hunting after the would-be employer must have interviewed me, I made sure I also interviewed the employer to have an idea of the ability of his organisation to exist as a going concern and the pedigree of the employer.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by teevyne01: 11:19am On Aug 03, 2015
nice quote.. really nice quote.. but really (I would deeply like to know), how did and do you interview an interviewer? I don't think I have that ability at all and im looking to developing it.

manie:

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 11:24am On Aug 03, 2015
Please help a brother out with teaching job in ogun state..am a graduate of finance with a 2:1. My email is olafulhouse1@gmail.com
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nlevel(m): 11:36am On Aug 03, 2015
artisticallyart:
Teaching Job Is Now Hot Cake In Nigeria(My Experience). by akubudejud(m): 3:33pm On Nov 14, 2013
PLEASE..! If you are reading this post deliberately or by chance,I will beg you to be very objective and learn from this rather than criticizing or condemning how the presentation is made ,this is my personal experiences and may not apply to every body, follow the thread and learn, this post is not intending to showcase my writing skills or to down-grade any career or advertise any establishment, however it is meant to encourage the minds of many intelligent unemployed graduate out there through my own past experience..Thank you.

Now,let me start from my school days,..Many years ago in the University my aims and objectives like any other undergraduate is to struggle hard to graduate with good grade, 2:1 grade at least, leave the school get a wonderful job that can fetch me good money to start life possibly getting another degree or starting a family,this is always our dreams back at school.But personally I was wrong, life in the campus is quite different from the outside life.Please, at this juncture,I am talking to those of us that are from an average family and not those whose parent had already starched money into their bank account or reserve a position for in a big conglomerate.

Now, I left school for my NYSC like many of us did, I was too much in a hurry to finish my NYSC because I believe my certificate is a straight ticket to work in Shell ,NNPC,GLO, MTN, NLG, GTBANK, HALLIBURTON,CHEVRON just name them,these establishments are very good places to work no doubt,I was known in all test venue all over the country writing one test or the other and after a lot of frustrated attempt, I remember the Federal government jobs in all the Ministries including state ministries,tried the Nigerian police, Army ,Navy ,Air force,Road safety and so on and so forth..No Godfather No Job..Even after a successful Aptitude Test and interviews no Job, I AM getting older, my age is disappointing me to get certain good Job that I desired, earlier however, along the line, during my Youth service, I was introduced to teaching but I ended up quarreling with my adviser even though I enjoyed teaching during the time I served as a youth corper.

Now, am jobless but intelligent, the flashes of my NYSC days when I was posted to a secondary school as a teacher kept coming in..TEACHER!! God forbid Who want to be a TEACHER ,after all David Osho was my course mate in school He is presently with Chevron..I am a graduate of Geophysics too so why would you wish me such a thing that was always my reaction...I remain jobless while so many job vacancies were been advertised every day from old and new schools looking for qualify and intelligent teachers all over Nigeria.

After many years of roaming about the street of Lagos ,Abuja, Portharcourt, Ibadan etc. I settled down for a private school where I was completely used up every day for a pay as low as N 7,000.00 PER month incredible..!(not exaggerating here) very small to start with you may say.

But hear this, after a while I began to study the system gather money to develop myself in the field and fortunately things started changing in the educational sector in Nigeria, Teachers started earning respect from people. Thank God and the NTI-(National Teacher's Institute) and TRCN (Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria) as they Started standardizing the profession.

Through hard work however,I learnt the rudiment of teaching and I started having different views and understanding about some schools in Nigeria running both Nigerian and British curriculum in education, I then apply to one of the International school around after my PGDip Ed. and sincerely speaking ,I never thought I could enjoy teaching not only by the act but by what one could learn and gain from this type of high caliber secondary schools and other government schools in Nigeria.

So now,if you are in the line of education already I congratulate you. Imagine the multitude of NYSC graduates passing out and other intelligent graduates from Higher Institutions roaming the street claiming to be graduate of Universities and polytechnics wasting away looking for job that is NOT even available.

When moving around Lagos one day I remember with great pity how many like me refusing to start something small...Please, let us re-think and plan for ourselves you can pursue your dream but don't relegate any profession it could be your saving grace..WE ALL CAN NOT BE TEACHERS BUT YOU CAN AS WELL APPRECIATE THIS NOBLE PROFESSION.

NOW APART FROM THE CONVENTIONAL SECONDARY SCHOOLS LIKE THE ONE YOU AND I ATTENDED WHICH IS ACTUALLY BETTER NOW IN NIGERIA TO START A CAREER IN TEACHING,...WE NOW HAVE INTERNATIONAL SCHOOLS IN NIGERIA OPERATING ON A DIFFERENT LEVEL AND PEOPLE DON'T EVEN KNOW THAT THEY PAY VERY WELL.

Schools Like....

Grange school Lagos.
Day waterman college ASU Ogun State.
Dowen College Lagos.
Olashore International School(OIS) Osun State.
Atlantic Hall lagos.
British International School.(BIS)
Redeemers International school Lagos.
Bloombred International secondary school Portharcourt.
Temple school Lagos.
Corona School.
Meadow Hall School.
Pampers School and
so many others too numerous to mention.

These are AISEN Schools,(Association of International Schools Educators of Nigeria (AISEN ).However,not all schools using the word 'International' belong to AISEN...check this site(http://www.aisenconference.com/)They operate different salary structures for their staff and provides training for them both local and international some of these schools start from as low as N 100,000.00. The method of teaching is technologically based with the use of ICT and modern facilities, Recently a friend of mine got a job as a Mathematics teacher and they started with N 250,000.00 per month excluding accommodation and other benefits, please I am not exaggerating here to amuse any body also not trying to advertise the schools my point is that if you are intelligent teaching is one career that is very lucrative now in Nigeria and will expose you positively.

What you need is to be qualify as a professional in the field, do one or two courses in education and if you already had one, good luck.!

I work in one of the Schools listed above and my orientations about teaching had so far changed,I have my PGDip. Ed and also doing my M.Ed. Internal training from the school helped me with some International recognize certification in education now. I felt I should let you know this little secret, which is not for everybody though!

Please, Joblessness could lead to frustration..Until you start to teach you wouldn't know you are a good teacher,make a move now and as you start small you will soon become large..! God bless you.

A great write up i must confess.Help me with more info abt the PGDip. Ed,how and where to obtain the degree,how long it takes and the cost.Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by manie(m): 11:39am On Aug 03, 2015
teevyne01:

You will definitely have the ability, if you are not desperate for a job and you are currently engaged in something worthwhile.

Some of my question for the would-be employers are,

1. How long have you started this business?
2. What are the challeneges you faced when you started and how were you able to surmount the problems?
3. Sir/Ma, can you just tell me your professional background, educational qualification and work experience?
4. In the course of asking question 2, I found out that some of the employer were former bankers, engineers, accountants, lawyers etc.
5. What motivated you into dabbling into education or school business, because from what you told me you trained as a lawyer
6. Where do you want your school to be in the next five years?
7. How comfortable are you employing or working with people who appear more knowledgeable than you in the education industry?

These are just some of the questions, do not make it appear like an interview but a discussion or a dialogue.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Debeloved87(m): 1:06pm On Aug 03, 2015
PeyButtons:

Honestly speaking i dont know but i'm sure they cant pay more than 50k. whr is ur area?
i stay at Obawole, Iju-Ishaga... If they will pay 50k for primary at least I can still go for it... Can you reply my pm
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 1:19pm On Aug 03, 2015
manie:

He was earning 125k per month as an assistant manager at First bank, whereas Intercontinental offered him 750k per month. My friend earned his pay at Intercontinental for just 5 months before he was suspended for his inability to meet targets. After 6 months suspension he lost his job, the guy is jobless since 2008.

the bolded is scary.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 1:33pm On Aug 03, 2015
We are an Educational Services and Consultancy Organization www.keducare.com with value enriching services across the country. In view of openings for Private Tutors, we are therefore recruiting for competent and disciplined tutors that will meet our clients request.
Home Tutors can find part-time or full-time employment that allows you to achieve working with as many students as you can comfortably fit into, while earning the salary you desire and continuous flow of extra income.
If you have passion for teaching and competent in hot demand subjects and skills,

click www./forms/eTxhe9qF2g
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Southboy(m): 1:52pm On Aug 03, 2015
artisticallyart:
We are an Educational Services and Consultancy Organization www.keducare.com with value enriching services across the country. In view of openings for Private Tutors, we are therefore recruiting for competent and disciplined tutors that will meet our clients request.
Home Tutors can find part-time or full-time employment that allows you to achieve working with as many students as you can comfortably fit into, while earning the salary you desire and continuous flow of extra income.
If you have passion for teaching and competent in hot demand subjects and skills,

click www./forms/eTxhe9qF2g
The link is bad
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 1:52pm On Aug 03, 2015
A young Ghanian graduate teacher to drive common entrance projects at a Lagos mainland Montessori School. Forward CV to: wassonprojects@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) ... (1041) (Reply)

Updated-New Job Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job / Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.