Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:50 AM

Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs - Jobs/Vacancies (828) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs (2570378 Views)

110, 181 Apply For 2000 Slots In Teaching Service - TESCOM / Vacancy For Those Interested In Teaching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (825) (826) (827) (828) (829) (830) (831) ... (1041) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by jinka(m): 6:07pm On Jun 18, 2018
snowden9:
Someone help a brother out please. Finished serving since April and been at home since. i know there are people that have waited even longer but my own case is peaked with frustration. I really need a job asap. i stay in port Harcourt and I'm a graduate of industrial maths. Even if it's a teaching job, please just quote or mention me. Thanks alot in advance.

visit schools around your area and submit your CV with them, you will surely get a call in no time. to get teaching job is not so difficult.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jun 18, 2018
snowden9:
Someone help a brother out please. Finished serving since April and been at home since. i know there are people that have waited even longer but my own case is peaked with frustration. I really need a job asap. i stay in port Harcourt and I'm a graduate of industrial maths. Even if it's a teaching job, please just quote or mention me. Thanks alot in advance.

"Even if it's a teaching job..."

So, what do you take us teachers for?

undecided

6 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by snowden9(m): 11:28pm On Jun 18, 2018
goodconscience:

"Even if it's a teaching job..."

So, what do you take us teachers for?

undecided
Didn't mean to sound as though I am ridiculing the teaching profession but I'll say the proprietors of some private schools have made it look that way by paying teachers low. imagine a school i know of, paying teachers 15k at the end of the month. Safe to say, teaching is now seen as the last resort.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by CsRockefeller(m): 1:17am On Jun 19, 2018
Mzora:
please I need ideas on a good song for choreography for junior secondary school learners for the forth coming end of the session party..thanks in anticipation.

You raised me up by west life or any good slow and loud song. Michael Jackson songs like heal the world, lost children or Lionel Richie song on let the music play. These are good music for choreography as regards children.

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by SeunBrown: 5:36am On Jun 19, 2018
Anyone that can teach in a tutorial, kindly WhatsApp only 08072826661
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Horlamidei(m): 7:48am On Jun 19, 2018
snowden9:

Didn't mean to sound as though I am ridiculing the teaching profession but I'll say the proprietors of some private schools have made it look that way by paying teachers low. imagine a school i know of, paying teachers 15k at the end of the month. Safe to say, teaching is now seen as the last resort.

15k still try. I know one of 9k or 8k....they keep changing teachers every term cause of the payment....infact, one can go dier now to apply and dey will recruit you immediately..
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Tracypacy(f): 9:28am On Jun 19, 2018
Muheebat Memorial International School, 6, Pastor Akintola street, Unity estate, Omiru Mowe, off ofada road, requires the services of experienced and well qualified teaching staff for KG, nursery and primary in its establishment.

Interested applicants preferably living in this vicinity are to send their resume and application letter to this email: oguntade2013@gmail.com or call 08182464742.
Attractive salaries and conducive working environment await the interested applicants.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Mzora(f): 9:42am On Jun 19, 2018
CsRockefeller:

You raised me up by west life or any good slow and loud song. Michael Jackson songs like heal the world, lost children or Lionel Richie song on let the music play. These are good music for choreography as regards children.
Thank u so much.I truly appreciate.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by CsRockefeller(m): 9:52am On Jun 19, 2018
Mzora:
Thank u so much.I truly appreciate.

you are very welcomed. What subject/subjects do you teach? Better put, what did you study?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Mzora(f): 12:40pm On Jun 19, 2018
CsRockefeller:

you are very welcomed. What subject/subjects do you teach? Better put, what did you study?
I studied
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by udi2111: 1:34pm On Jun 19, 2018
I need to enroll for igsce certification, does anyone knows a reliable Cambridge center I can enroll?

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Mechanics96(m): 8:25am On Jun 20, 2018
[quote author=SeunBrown post=68615539]Anyone that can teach in a tutorial, kindly WhatsApp only 08072826661[/quote
Location, pls
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Pojomojo: 9:48am On Jun 20, 2018
A newly established Nigerian-British School in Ijegun-Ikotun area of Lagos, is currently in need of qualified candidates to fill the below:

Job Title: Nursery and Primary Teacher

Requirement
Candidates with Nigerian British curriculum experience.
Application Closing Date
26th June, 2018.

Interview Date
10am, Monday 2nd July, 2018.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should kindly send their CV's to: jobs4schools2018@yahoo.com

Note

Come with copies of your credentials and CV.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by nawebco(m): 1:27pm On Jun 20, 2018
Mordiyah College, a full Muslim school that graduates students for junior and senior WASC as well as Ibtidai and Idaadiy (Islamic & Arabic) based in Aboru area of Iyana-Ipaja
requires the following staff members in areas of

1. Science
2. Commercial
3. Art
as well as
English and Maths teacher.

School assistance is also needed (SSCE or OND, must be computer literate)

All applicants must be residents of Aboru, Agbelekale, Meiran, Abesan Estates, Iyana-ipaja and environments.

Kindly send your name, qualification, location and subject to handle to:
All qualified will be called for interview

All qualified to resume by August 2018.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Popomu: 1:30pm On Jun 20, 2018
Please house, who knows the salary structure and welfare package of Shoms international school surulere?

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by sekzy99(m): 9:18pm On Jun 20, 2018
nawebco:
Mordiyah College, a full Muslim school that graduates students for junior and senior WASC as well as Ibtidai and Idaadiy (Islamic & Arabic) based in Aboru area of Iyana-Ipaja
requires the following staff members in areas of

1. Science
2. Commercial
3. Art
as well as
English and Maths teacher.

School assistance is also needed (SSCE or OND, must be computer literate)

All applicants must be residents of Aboru, Agbelekale, Meiran, Abesan Estates, Iyana-ipaja and environments.

Kindly send your name, qualification, location and subject to handle to:
All qualified will be called for interview

All qualified to resume by August 2018.
can Christians apply? What's the pay range?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Popomu: 9:30am On Jun 21, 2018
Popomu:
Please house, who knows the salary structure and welfare package of Shoms international school surulere?
I need response ,please....

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Pojomojo: 10:23am On Jun 21, 2018
Are you are a corper that resides on the Island and in need of a PPA?

Kindly send your CV to applications@sellafiedenergy.com

Email Subject should be : Application for a Resourcer.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Pojomojo: 5:04pm On Jun 21, 2018
Divine Pillar Academy Abuja, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:

Job Title: Head teacher

*JOB REQUIREMENTS*

REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
7years

MINIMUM QUALIFICATION:
Bachelor’s Degree/HND

QUALIFICATIONS
• A good First Degree (B.Ed/ B.AEd/B.Sc Ed) or Higher National Diploma in Education from a recognized Institution, and a minimum of 7years relevant post-qualification experience.
• At least 5 years experience in a similar position

OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
• He/She must be computer literate, as well as possess demonstrable disposition for academic excellence, quality leadership and teamwork.
• Experience in leadership position is a must.
• Interested candidates should understand how to implement quality assurance for the school while raising standards of all educational services
• Candidate should have excellent written and oral communication skills
• The candidate should not be older than 50 years of age by July 1st, 2018

Salary:
Negotiable

How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae to Divinepillaracademy@gmail.com

Application Deadline: 29th June, 2018
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Googledrive12: 6:24pm On Jun 21, 2018
SeunBrown:
Anyone that can teach in a tutorial, kindly WhatsApp only 08072826661

Location please
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by johnime: 10:02am On Jun 22, 2018
An International School in, Lagos State needs a qualified Hostel Mistress (Matron) and a Hostel Master (Patron) for immediate employment.

Qualification
B.Sc in Guidance & Counselling, Psychology or any other relevant subjects. Possession of Master’s degree will be an added advantage.

Experience
The candidate must possess a minimum of 2 years working experience. The candidate must have the love of children at heart

Mode of application
Interested candidates should send their curriculum vitae to midipreconsult@gmail.com stating on the subject "Hostel Matron - Lagos" or "Hostel Patron - Lagos"
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:38am On Jun 22, 2018
After spending some much time in this section, I have observed that most graduate are sitting at home and they are looking for jobs they could do pending when the JOB surface.

Many of you that had the opportunity to serve our fatherland say 2011- to date taught in private school, state and government owned schools. Why sit at home when you have a 1 year teaching experience?

If you reside in Akute, Alagbole and Ajuwon this is for your.
There are schools at the aforementioned places that are in fire need of subject teachers, for example, Bolarinwa, Isolog and Success college at Alagbole are looking for YOU. Reallane international school just concluded their recruitment on Tuesday. Agro-Tropic, Kingdale, Excel and Hortative needs teachers. Although NCE holders are given priority but there is no harm in trying.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:49am On Jun 22, 2018
[quote author=Mechanics96 post=68647739][/quote]
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by ODUBEZE: 10:51am On Jun 22, 2018
After spending some much time in this section, I have observed that most graduate are sitting at home and they are looking for jobs they could do pending when the JOB surface.

Many of you that had the opportunity to serve our fatherland say 2011- to date taught in private school, state and government owned schools. Why sit at home when you have a 1 year teaching experience?

If you reside in Akute, Alagbole and Ajuwon this is for your.
There are schools at the aforementioned places that are in fire need of subject teachers, for example, Bolarinwa, Isolog and Success college at Alagbole are looking for YOU. Reallane international school just concluded their recruitment on Tuesday. Agro-Tropic, Kingdale, Excel and Hortative needs teachers. Although NCE holders are given priority but there is no harm in trying.
I am very much interested
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by ODUBEZE: 12:19pm On Jun 22, 2018
Mechanics96:
Pls, if you know of any secondary school around Sango Ota, Ogun State that needs the service of a sound mathematics teacher, do well by contacting on 09036273619. Thanks in anticipation!
Please contact me too. I teach computer Science stays in Agbado Ijaiye
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by ODUBEZE: 12:47pm On Jun 22, 2018
sandammy:
Good morning house, I need help setting up general paper questions for primary 6 pupils. Please if you have a link where I can get some questions, or a PDF file or questions in word format I would be very grateful. Thanks
Get Ugo c. Ugo past questions
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by omolakaka(m): 1:11pm On Jun 22, 2018
Intrested in teaching job,have a bsc (ed) geography and live around sango ota Ogun state.my email mondayaghado2015@gmail
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jun 22, 2018
Teaching in a secondary school as a youth corper (NYSC) could after all be a stepping stone to becoming a professional teacher!

Sometimes last year I wrote on how teaching job is fast becoming lucrative in Nigeria here on Nairaland platform though some folks disagreed with me not believing the reality of the positive changes in the teaching profession but am glad that numerous Nigerian graduate saw the write-up as an eye opener about this noble profession. However after that write up I realize that many still ask the question 'HOW CAN ONE GO ABOUT IT?' despite the various teaching jobs openings everyday, this information will however, support their interest and quest for a better teaching job placement.

Meanwhile,to comprehend this write-up you may first need to read https://www.nairaland.com/1517304/teaching-job-now-hot-cake .

Like I will always emphasize, that this write up is not to advertise any establishment or an avenue to showcase my writing skill but to give a helping hand to those that possess the burning desire to teach and impact knowledge in a reputable school especially in an international school in Nigeria that pays well. I did not claim to know everything here but with my little knowledge in the field I believe someone life will be touched for good.
Now let me start by letting you know that I studied Geophysics and not pure education initially but I realized my potentials during my youth service year and I decided to develop myself in the teaching and mentoring profession moving on to acquire educational and professional qualifications including a PGDip Ed and M.Ed and other National and international recognized teaching certification and really today I am glad and happy for my decision even do it was almost late before the decision was made.

CLARIFICATION BETWEEN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOLS AND OTHER SCHOOLS.

Before I proceed however, I will like to make it clear that it is not all the school using the word ‘International’ as part of their nomenclature are indeed international in the real sense of it many of them are not (AISEN) Association of International School Educators of Nigeria, although they are very good schools good enough to start your teaching career any time, we have hundreds of them all over Nigeria . But I will want to talk about the AISEN schools.

The AISEN schools runs Nigeria, British and America curricula, some of these schools run just British or America curriculum alone and they are all over Nigeria, they operate different salary structures for their staff and provide training for them both locally and international wise exposing them to the dynamic world of 21st century education. The method of teaching is computer based with the use of ICT and modern instructional facilities, to the best of my knowledge the salary ranges between N100,000 - N350,000 sometimes excluding accommodations and other benefits which may vary from one school to the other for subject teachers and even more for the position of Academics Coordinators, various departmental heads, Academic Directors ,Pastoral directors/Head, Vice principal , Principal etc, I must also quick to mention here that teaching job is not the only opening in these schools there are positions like Laboratory technologist/technicians, Pastoral jobs for House or Hostel parents ,sport coaches, Students counselors, Nurses/Matrons etc. apart from the medical jobs mentioned, all others must first and foremost be a qualified and certified teacher too.

Some of these schools include:

Nigerian – Turkish International College
Capital Science Academy (CSA)
Grange School lagos
Corona Secondary School – Agbara
St. Gregory”s College
Olashore International School (OIS)
Lumen Christi International High School – Uromi,
Vivian Fowler Memorial College for Girls
Loyola Jesuit College
Day waterman college ASU Ogun State.
Dowen College Lagos.
Atlantic Hall Epe Lagos
British International School.(BIS)
Redeemers International school Lagos.
Bloombred International secondary school Portharcourt.
Temple school Lagos.
Meadow Hall School.
Pampers School
Greensprings school
Lekki British International High School, Lekki Phase One

………….And many more... http://titithedynamite.

WHAT YOU MAY NEED TO QUALIFY TO TEACH IN THESE SCHOOLS?

It is important to note that each of these schools has their own recruitment policies which is personal and specific to them, but I will base the general qualities you need on the following:

1. BE QUALIFIED AS A PROFESSIONAL: It is a known fact that we live in a dynamic world where things changes every day and teaching profession is not excluded, to work in these schools require some educational qualifications and professionalism and if your first degree is not in education then you need to upgrade by acquiring one, for example get your PGDip.Ed in addition to your Bsc /HND /B.Tech /B.Agric, BA etc. except you are a graduate of NCE, Adv.Dip.Ed , BSc (Ed) or B.Ed.

The additional certification can be obtain in our various Nigeria universities, colleges of Education or better still the National Teachers Institute (NTI) and the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) the last two mentioned seems to be faster, cheaper and well recognized. Through the NTI you may be registered automatically as certified/registered teacher with the Teacher Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN).

Other international certification like the International Baccalaureate (IB), International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE), Cambridge International Examination (CIE) SAT, TOEFL etc. Will be an added advantage for your quest; although, many schools provides training for their staff in order for them to acquire these certifications so never border yourself much on this except if you can afford it.

2. BE READY TO RELOCATE: [/b]You must be ready to relocate any time to any part of the country when the opportunities avails itself, as many of these schools are scattered all over Nigeria though we can find many of them around Lagos, Abuja, Abeokuta, Portharcourt, Ibadan, Offa, Enugu, Akure etc.

[b]3. BE A CERTIFIED/REGISTERED TEACHER: Endeavour to be registered with a teaching professional body in Nigeria e.g TRCN and other relevant bodies.

4. PACKAGE YOUR CV WELL: [/b]So many of us miss it here because your CV is the first to represent you and when it is wrongly done even if you are academically qualified the job still remain far from you. These schools showcases good and well trained Human Resources personnel to scrutinized CV. Let it always be known to them through your CV that you are passionate to help the children to develop their potentials and the various positive changes you will bring to the school when you are employed.

[b]5. BE CONFIDENT: [/b]Be sure of your self don’t pretend you know everything but be confident that you will impact positive changes to the life of the young ones, when you are interviewed never allow your take home or salary be the main focus but don’t appear too cheap.Before going for any interview, do some personal or internet findings about the school to get some basics information.

[b]6. GATHER EXPERIENCE: Little, little experiences will take you there, not very many graduate get the job without any teaching experiences, some schools may recruit fresh graduate for training and empowering them for the teaching job but you don’t need to wait for that so gather the experience even starting with your NYSC year if you are fortunate to serve in a school, even then get some experience.

7. BE READY TO START SMALL: Be ready to start small, even in that Mushrooms or small schools you felt is nothing could actually be the stepping stone to a better placement what you need is to gather the experience from teaching and use the period to develop yourself academically as these will go a long way to prepare you for any interview with the International schools it doesn't really matter how much you are paid at the moment.

8. BE COMPUTER LITERATE AND INTERNET FRIENDLY : We are in the computer age and things are fast done through the internet nowadays because 95% of the international schools do their businesses through the internet, this include job opening adverts, application processing and even aptitude test. Subscribe to educational job alert as this will keep you abreast of the numerous job openings. I must let you know that there are numerous job opening for teachers every month more especially in July-August every year.

Finally, I will like to end here by saying that Joblessness could lead to frustration...Until you start to teach you wouldn't know you are a good teacher, make a move now and as you start small you will soon become large..! God bless you.

5 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jun 22, 2018
By ProfGday:

THINGS U NEED TO KNOW WHILE PREPARING FOR INTERVIEW IN SEC SHL.

> Prepare wt d last WAEC,GCE,NECO or NABTEB,IJMB questn papers etc relatd to ur discipline.
> Make sure u av hard copies of ur creditials wt u while going.
>Prepare a Lesson note.Choose a very simple topic u can handle efficiently. because u wil askd to prepare a lessn note after d writtn exam.or lssn plan.
> Classroom managemt matters. B bold cos they wud bombard u wt questnz dat u did nt expect.
> Durin oral interview- u wud b askd to introduce urself(b brief,cut d epistle)
-where ar u workn presently
-why u want to leav ur present job
-ur previous salary(b careful,cos ur interviewer is already thnkin of wht u worth)
-u w b askd to name ur price.(hw much can w offer u? As if dm gt d money.mtchew)
- Luk smart,I wud rather advice u to dress expensively.Cos u(salary) wud b judge bz ds too. Dnt expct to b gvn a wage meant 4 Principal while u dressed lik a gateman.
- Do u have any questn for us? "That's ur interviewer speakin wt his/her broken voice due to over-excessive classm teachings. I beg make sure u ask qustns ooo.e.g
-do u pay ur staff's salary during holiday? Cos som dnt pay oo
-Do u share d money realised during after-schl lessns amng ur teachers or not?
-Whn ar u resumin work in d a.m & schl closin time?
-Do u organiz on-d-job-training for ur academic staffs?(dz kain qustn is meant 4 big internatnal scus')
- Hope u guys ar nt goin to deduct tax frm my salary? Lol
-How many periods do I av in a week? By d time u gt d answer u'll somersault.
-Do u pay salary durin maternity leave?for women.
My hand dey pain me......

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by FunnyDude(m): 6:35pm On Jun 22, 2018
All these weyrey teaching jobs sef

Yeye job

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Mjsod: 9:34am On Jun 23, 2018
Reputable schools in Lagos are in need of
1) Teachers
2) Eloquent Arabic and Quranic personnels
3) Care givers
Requirement:
Must be creative and passionate about children. Interested candidates should forward their CV to emjayinitiative@gmail.com.com Living around Ketu, shangisha, ogudu, Alapere,Ojota OR Ilupeju, Onipanu,Fadeyi,Palmgroove is an added advantage.

(1) (2) (3) ... (825) (826) (827) (828) (829) (830) (831) ... (1041) (Reply)

Updated-New Job Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job / Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.