Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,577 members, 7,770,512 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:17 AM

Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs - Jobs/Vacancies (834) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs (2549106 Views)

110, 181 Apply For 2000 Slots In Teaching Service - TESCOM / Vacancy For Those Interested In Teaching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (831) (832) (833) (834) (835) (836) (837) ... (1041) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by babajeje123(m): 5:44pm On Jul 16, 2018
Xtfield:
MY RECRUITMENT EXPERIENCE SO FAR (YOU CAN GAIN FROM IT)

I recently placed an advert here for various categories of teaxchers and workers and I received quite a number of responses. I wish to point out some errors I observed in some of the applications to help such applicants and others in case of futire applications:

1. Some applicants did not nseem to have gone through the advert. So they did not follow the instructions. The advert specifically asked applicants to send a CV and a cover latter. Most applicants just sent in a CV without a cover latter while some sent in letters without a CV. A cover letter should have helped applicants to state what position/subject they are applying for. Always take time to read the deatails of an advert and respond accordingly.

2. A particular applicant used a dark colour background for the Personal details part of his CV which made it difficult to pick out the phone number. Sometimes, employers want to get to you immediately to chat with you on phone before fixing an interview. If your prospective employer cannot easily retrieve you phone number, he can discard you application

3. Many applicants were more concerned with the pay giving the impression that they are money driven. Do not misunderstand me. Money is very important and a good salary should be very desirable. But it is always good to wait to the interview date. Asking your prospective employer what he will pay on phone when you have not attended an interview can put him off. Some said, I want to know so I don't waste my time and resources attending the interview. Who says attending interview is a waste of time? And who says you can not dazzle an interview panel and get a better deal than the current employees are earning. So many years ago, I attended an interview in a school. The Vice Principal was on a salary of 16k per month then. I ended up with a negotiated salary of 18k per month as a subject teacher because of my performance in the interview. And I travelled all the way from Ondo to Lagos for the interview without an idea of what the school pays. No standard school will discuss salary with you on phone prior to an interview. Sometimes too, you need to get to the location of the school to form an opinion.

4. Please understand that it is not the responsibility of your employer to provide you with accommodation. That in fact os why some adverts will insist that only those living in the area where the school is located should apply. Employers do not want to be burdened by your accommodation problems.

5. Do not reject any offer outright. For instance, if you applied ton teach in then secondary and you are offered a place in the primary section, take it. There is not much difference between the two especially if you are to teach the upper primary classes Primary 3 - 6. It can be a lot of fun. Besides, when there is an opening in the secondary section, you will be considered ahead of outsiders.

This is all I can put down for now. Maybe later. Happy job hunting.
Well done Xtfield. I think school owners should be considerate when inviting prospective teachers for interview. You can only catch a fish if you have a bait. You can't attract best hands if you will invite them to a school that is far from their residence without provision for accommodation and transport. A school in Bayelsa invited me for interview in 2nd term. I told them I can't come without them giving me transport fare and a place where I would pass the night. They agreed and then I asked for their salary range! It doesn't worth it risking my life from Lagos to Yenagoa to interview for a 100k job. So, they asked for the amount I was willing to take and I told them. The principal transferred the transport fare, gave me a befitting apartment when I got there. The following day after the interview, he took me to a restaurant after which he drove me round the whole of Yenagoa. Why did he do all of that? He valued the guy he wanted to employ. It's high time school owners start placing values on teachers!

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by babajeje123(m): 6:06pm On Jul 16, 2018
My advice to school owners. If there's a need to invite a candidate from outside your location for interview, you may start with phone interview. A 5 minute conversation on phone will enable to know if the person you're considering has good communication skills. You can also do Skype interview too. You will see in real time your candidate, ask them various questions which they will answer in real time too. A candidate that passes these two processes can now be invited for subject-based assessment and teaching practice. And when you're doing this, subsidize their transport fare if you can't pay their transport in full. You are only enhancing the image of your school if you do this. And with this, you will be able to attract and retain best hands. Shalom!

4 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Xtfield(m): 10:03pm On Jul 16, 2018
goodconscience:

You sure have a lot of experience.

shocked

Did you take the 19k job? No VP will be happy having a teacher under him earn more than him!
I did. The school had two VPs. One didn't feel bad, but the other was aggrieved. I spent just two months there before I got another offer from another school, this time as VP with a slightly better pay 23.5k.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by kehnton(m): 10:24pm On Jul 16, 2018
Xtfield:
MY RECRUITMENT EXPERIENCE SO FAR (YOU CAN GAIN FROM IT)

I recently placed an advert here for various categories of teaxchers and workers and I received quite a number of responses. I wish to point out some errors I observed in some of the applications to help such applicants and others in case of futire applications:

1. Some applicants did not nseem to have gone through the advert. So they did not follow the instructions. The advert specifically asked applicants to send a CV and a cover latter. Most applicants just sent in a CV without a cover latter while some sent in letters without a CV. A cover letter should have helped applicants to state what position/subject they are applying for. Always take time to read the deatails of an advert and respond accordingly.

2. A particular applicant used a dark colour background for the Personal details part of his CV which made it difficult to pick out the phone number. Sometimes, employers want to get to you immediately to chat with you on phone before fixing an interview. If your prospective employer cannot easily retrieve you phone number, he can discard you application

3. Many applicants were more concerned with the pay giving the impression that they are money driven. Do not misunderstand me. Money is very important and a good salary should be very desirable. But it is always good to wait to the interview date. Asking your prospective employer what he will pay on phone when you have not attended an interview can put him off. Some said, I want to know so I don't waste my time and resources attending the interview. Who says attending interview is a waste of time? And who says you can not dazzle an interview panel and get a better deal than the current employees are earning. So many years ago, I attended an interview in a school. The Vice Principal was on a salary of 16k per month then. I ended up with a negotiated salary of 18k per month as a subject teacher because of my performance in the interview. And I travelled all the way from Ondo to Lagos for the interview without an idea of what the school pays. No standard school will discuss salary with you on phone prior to an interview. Sometimes too, you need to get to the location of the school to form an opinion.

4. Please understand that it is not the responsibility of your employer to provide you with accommodation. That in fact os why some adverts will insist that only those living in the area where the school is located should apply. Employers do not want to be burdened by your accommodation problems.

5. Do not reject any offer outright. For instance, if you applied ton teach in then secondary and you are offered a place in the primary section, take it. There is not much difference between the two especially if you are to teach the upper primary classes Primary 3 - 6. It can be a lot of fun. Besides, when there is an opening in the secondary section, you will be considered ahead of outsiders.

This is all I can put down for now. Maybe later. Happy job hunting.

I hope i didn't fall in any of the category stated above because I am yet to get a positive feedback of interview invitation. Shalom!
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Xtfield(m): 10:28pm On Jul 16, 2018
babajeje123:
My advice to school owners. If there's a need to invite a candidate from outside your location for interview, you may start with phone interview. A 5 minute conversation on phone will enable to know if the person you're considering has good communication skills. You can also do Skype interview too. You will see in real time your candidate, ask them various questions which they will answer in real time too. A candidate that passes these two processes can now be invited for subject-based assessment and teaching practice. And when you're doing this, subsidize their transport fare if you can't pay their transport in full. You are only enhancing the image of your school if you do this. And with this, you will be able to attract and retain best hands. Shalom!
My dear, you are right. I do some of these things. I did employ a teacher from Abuja over the phone. I sometimes pay for accommodation after employment and we now deduct monthly as agreed with the teacher etc. But do you know why I'm doing that, it is because my school is young, in the outskirts of the town, and my salary is still low as far as I'm concerned although I rank amongst the highest paying around here. If my environment opens up and I have tons of applications being dropped at my reception, I won't have to advertise if I need a teacher, I'll simply Consult the application bank and send a mail to qualified applicants. I pointed all these out because applicants desire good pay and good working conditions. Schools with good pay will not lack potential applicants. People struggle to get in and so they had no time to pet you. I once attended an interview scheduled for 10am at Ikorodu. I was coming from Ondo State. I took off a day before and spent the night in a hotel it cost me 4k but u got to the venue in time. At another time I had an interview at Moniya,Ibadan.. Again I came in a day before in my car and spent a night in a hotel along Iwo Road. Again I was at the venue on time. I was successful at the two interviews. There are hotels everywhere. Do not wait for your prospective employer to accommodate you when you go for interview. Do not be afraid to spend money to attend interviews. It is an investment. If you have a job and you send in your application in response to an advert, it is evidence of your not being satisfied with your current position. So the choice is yours. Stay where you are or spend to improve your lot. Mine is just an advice.
P

5 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Xtfield(m): 10:31pm On Jul 16, 2018
kehnton:

I hope i didn't fall in any of the category stated above because I am yet to get a positive feedback of interview invitation. Shalom!
Submission of application closed yesterday. We are on election break. We'll reopen tomorrow and sorting will start in earnest. You should hear from us before the week runs out.

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Funpeter: 10:55pm On Jul 16, 2018
My question is how can one send a cover letter and a cv together?

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by MNaira: 11:07pm On Jul 16, 2018
You'd need to attach them in your email.
Funpeter:
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Xtfield(m): 12:03am On Jul 17, 2018
Funpeter:
Type your cover letter and save it.
Type your CV and save it.
Attach both files to your email.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Ritzy3(f): 9:29am On Jul 17, 2018
babajeje123:

Well done Xtfield. I think school owners should be considerate when inviting prospective teachers for interview. You can only catch a fish if you have a bait. You can't attract best hands if you will invite them to a school that is far from their residence without provision for accommodation and transport. A school in Bayelsa invited me for interview in 2nd term. I told them I can't come without them giving me transport fare and a place where I would pass the night. They agreed and then I asked for their salary range! It doesn't worth it risking my life from Lagos to Yenagoa to interview for a 100k job. So, they asked for the amount I was willing to take and I told them. The principal transferred the transport fare, gave me a befitting apartment when I got there. The following day after the interview, he took me to a restaurant after which he drove me round the whole of Yenagoa. Why did he do all of that? He valued the guy he wanted to employ. It's high time school owners start placing values on teachers!
My dear pls I would love to teach in dat school too. Am an Education English and Literary studies graduate and can teach English Language or Literature proficiently.i served in Bayelsa so am conversant with d environment and can easily adapt to changes.
Tanks as I await a positive reply from you.

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by ProfBlessed(m): 9:30am On Jul 17, 2018
[quote author=Xtfield post=69446213] Submission of application closed yesterday. We are on election break. We'll reopen tomorrow and sorting will start in earnest. You should hear from us before the week runs out. [/quote[color=#006600][/color] Where's your school located, please. I didn't follow you from the beginning.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Saintabdul(m): 9:36am On Jul 17, 2018
I need a good teaching job in Abuja
I can teach the following subjects
Civic Education
Government
Geography
Photography
History.

Thanks.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Tracypacy(f): 9:56am On Jul 17, 2018
goodconscience:

You sure have a lot of experience.

shocked

Did you take the 19k job? No VP will be happy having a teacher under him earn more than him!
The bolded, my thoughts excatly, I wonder how he coped?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Xtfield(m): 11:43am On Jul 17, 2018
Tracypacy:
The bolded, my thoughts excatly, I wonder how he coped?
That was in 2000, eighteen years ago. It was big money then.

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Saintabdul(m): 12:01pm On Jul 17, 2018
*Vacancy! Vacancy! Vacancy!*

*Capable, competent, qualified and well-experienced hands* that can handle the following areas with *first degree as a minimum academic qualification* are needed:

1.Mathematics
2. Physics
3. Biochemistry
4. Economics
5. Geography
6. Biology
7. Arabic and Islamic Studies
8. Computer science/education
9. Hostel management
10.Cultural and Creative Arts *(NCE holder* might be considered!).

*Also, the services of experienced gatekeeper and driver are needed.*

Interested candidates should send their *applications stating the subject (s) of interest and updated CVs* addressed to:

The Management, Reflective International College (RIC), Arulogun Road, Ajobo, Ojoo, Ibadan to email: info@reflectivecollege.org while copying principal@reflectivecollege.org

*Note: Education qualifications such as B.Ed., PGDE and registration with TRCN will be added values.*

*Deadline for Entry is Thursday, the 26th of July, 2018.*
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by funshyboi(m): 1:17pm On Jul 17, 2018
Need a teaching job around Ilorin, kwara state.

Will appreciate anybody with a correct link and Info
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Olasum(f): 2:34pm On Jul 17, 2018
Any vacancy around Ilorin pls I'm interested

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by creamylicious(f): 2:35pm On Jul 17, 2018
Rbae:
I have a diploma in Montessori edu, B. sc and I have over 14years teaching experience. Please, help a sister.
saddiploma in Montessori edu, mama how did you go about it please?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Rbae: 9:16pm On Jul 17, 2018
creamylicious:
saddiploma in Montessori edu, mama how did you go about it please?

I worked in a school then and the mgt paid for d training.

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Adevictor206(m): 2:24pm On Jul 18, 2018
pls do anybody know about cherryfield college abuja and their pay. i was called for an interview

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Tracypacy(f): 2:39pm On Jul 18, 2018
A reputable private Educational Institution located in Lagos requires qualified Teaching Staff for immediate employment into the vacant position below:

Job Title: Subject Teacher

Job Description
We are looking for the services of Subject Teachers in the following fields: Mathematics, Yoruba, French, English Language, Core Science, Other Arts and Vocational Subjects.
Requisite Experience
All intending applicants must possess relevant qualifications in their various disciplines.
The applicants for the teaching job must be 40 years and below.
Application Closing Date
31st July, 2018.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV's to: aicpartners@yahoo.com

Note: Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Tracypacy(f): 2:40pm On Jul 18, 2018
We are recruiting to fill the position below:

Job Title: Head Teacher

Job Description
You will need a clear understanding of how young children learn, lots of creative ideas and the ability to work closely with parents, teachers and other professionals.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced head teacher who has an excellent knowledge and experience of working with children under 10 years old in a nursery/primary school setting.
Qualification and Requirements
Must have a minimum of 5 years teaching and school management experience,
Must have good interpersonal skills.
Must have the the ability to work effectively and communicate clearly with children.
Must have an extremely good command of both spoken and written English Language.
Must live in Ibadan or willing to relocate.
Must be patient, expressive, resourceful, responsible artistic, adaptable, humorous, and above all must love and enjoy working with young children.
The preferred candidate should have minimum of B.Sc, BA, PGDE in education. Master's degree in education will be an added advantage.
Must be computer literate.
Knowledge and experience of British Cuririculum will be highly desirable.
Application Closing Date
31st July, 2018.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV’s to: careers@britishpreparatoryschool.com
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jul 18, 2018
Laurels Foundation School, is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:

Job Title: Male & Female Teacher

Loaction: Lagos

Job Description
Male & Female Teachers to Teach in a Nur/Pry School
Qualification
B.Ed, or B.A/BSc, B.Tech with NCE or PGDE.
Application Closing Date
31st July, 2018.

Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV's to:
The Proprietress,
Laurels Foundation School,
Palace Road, Ogunfayo Estate,
Near Mayfair Garden, Eputu,
Lekki-Epe Expressway,
Lagos State.

For enquiries, contact - Call: 08033045454, 08053679043
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jul 18, 2018
Adevictor206:
pls do anybody know about cherryfield college abuja and their pay. i was called for an interview
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jul 18, 2018
Sure. Just wait. some one will respond.
Olasum:
Any vacancy around Ilorin pls
I'm interested
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jul 18, 2018
Hold on a minute.
funshyboi:
Need a teaching job around Ilorin, kwara state.

Will appreciate anybody with a correct link and Info
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by wemimo88(m): 3:00pm On Jul 18, 2018
pcjuvy:
Laurels Foundation School, is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:

Job Title: Male & Female Teacher

Loaction: Lagos

Job Description
Male & Female Teachers to Teach in a Nur/Pry School
Qualification
B.Ed, or B.A/BSc, B.Tech with NCE or PGDE.
Application Closing Date
31st July, 2018.

Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV's to:
The Proprietress,
Laurels Foundation School,
Palace Road, Ogunfayo Estate,
Near Mayfair Garden, Eputu,
Lekki-Epe Expressway,
Lagos State.

For enquiries, contact - Call: 08033045454, 08053679043

I called the numbers there and she said that which of the positions will I be interested in but I could not answer cos u didn't state the positions needed here. Pls do state the positions needed in your school. Thanks
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jul 18, 2018
Next time, before you call read properly before you call or make any decision.
wemimo88:

I called the numbers there and she said that which of the positions will I be interested in but I could not answer cos u didn't state the positions needed here. Pls do state the positions needed in your school. Thanks
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jul 18, 2018
National Examinations Council (NECO) - Candidates intending to register for the 2018 November/December Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE) are hereby informed that registration will be strictly on-line using the NECO registration website: www.mynecoexams.com Registration can be done on the website at any time within the stipulated registration period. Passport Photograph will be required during on-line registration. The candidate's passport photograph should NOT be more than SIX MONTHS old and must be of white background.

2018 November/December Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE) Registration of Candidates
Biometric fingerprints will be captured during the registration of each candidate.
Candidates should ensure that their finger prints are captured correctly during registration.
Candidates with mismatched fingerprints at the point of verification will not be allowed to sit for the examination.
Registration Fee/Mode of Payment
To register, interested candidates should purchase registration PIN on the NECO website through NECO Treasury Single Account (TSA) SSCE (E) at the rate of "Eleven Thousand Three Hundred and Fifty Naira (N11,350)" only excluding N50 Stamp Duty.

Attestation/Photo Cards and Examination Time-Table
On completion of the registration process, each candidate must obtain the following from the internet cafe:
Time-Table for the Examination; and
One (1) clear copy of the NECO Attestation/Photo card; which should be presented during the Examination. (Candidates should note that Photo cards that are not clear will NOT be accepted at the Examination Hall).
The Referee's Attestation section of the Photo card should be SIGNED AND STAMPED by any of the following:
The Principal of a recognized Senior Secondary School:
An Ordained Clergyman.
A Commissioned Officer of the Nigerian Armed Forces or the Police not below the rank of Captain or its equivalent.
A Senior Civil Servant not below GL. 14.
A Legal Practitioner of not less than ten years experience.
Candidates are no longer required to Stamp or Submit their Attestation/Photo cards in NECO State Officers.

Blind Candidates
Blind candidates are to register like everyone. However, the NECO State Officer of the State where they intend to write the examination should be notified of their physical status immediately after registration.

Examination Centres
The towns where the Examination will be held have been grouped into examination towns/neighbourhoods. Candidates should select a town/neighbourhood within the State where they intend to sit for the Examination.

Available Subjects for the Examination
Subjects available are:
Agricultural Science
Arabic Language
Biology
Chemistry
Civic Education
Christian Religious Studies
Commerce
Economics
English Language
Financial Accounting
French
Further Mathematics
Geography
Government
Hausa
Health Education
History
Igbo
Islamic Studies
Literature-in-English
Mathematics
Marketing
Physical Education
Physics
Salesmanship
Stenography
Store Keeping
Yoruba
Note: Candidates should note that Nigerian Languages (Hausa, Igbo & Yoruba) include the Literature component.

Registration Period
The registration period begins on 16th July, and ends on 9th October, 2018 at 12.00 midnight.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
http://www.mynecoexams.com

General Information
The Registration fee, once paid, is not refundable.
The use of reputable cyber cafes is highly recommended as the Council will not be liable for registration errors committed by candidates. (List of suggested Cyber cafes Nationwide where candidates can register is available on the NECO website - www.mynecoexams.com and also on display on the notice boards of the NECO State Offices)
Candidates should carefully follow the on-line instructions before registration.
Candidates should study the Regulations and Syllabuses before the Examination.
Candidates should note that their uploaded photograph during the registration will be embossed on their Certificates.
Candidates should check the viability of their centres before the date of the examination online.
Smoking, cellular phones and other electronic communication devices are not allowed in the Examination Hall.
Candidates should dress in mufti and no one will be allowed entry into the examination hall with arms.
Multiple entries are not allowed. Candidates who register more than once will have their entire results cancelled.
Candidates who lose their PIN before registration will have to purchase another PIN.
Please note that No candidate shall be allowed into the Examination Hall after the Examination has commenced.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by wemimo88(m): 3:36pm On Jul 18, 2018
pcjuvy:
Next time, before you call read properly before you call or make any decision.

Was there any position stated there other than teaching? That's what I was telling you.... The woman said which of the positions am I applying for and all i saw was a teaching position which I stated but she said that there were many positions on the advert, pls kindly help me check where I haven't checked on the advert pls.

3 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jul 18, 2018
Mention your filed, e.g Agric Teacher
wemimo88:

Was there any position stated there other than teaching? That's what I was telling you.... The woman said which of the positions am I applying for and all i saw was a teaching position which I stated but she said that there were many positions on the advert, pls kindly help me check where I haven't checked on the advert pls.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by odohoche(m): 5:37pm On Jul 18, 2018
Any teaching job in ABUJA ?
Please I reside in Abuja, am looking for a teaching job, anyone with information should pls respond, am an NCE holder,

(1) (2) (3) ... (831) (832) (833) (834) (835) (836) (837) ... (1041) (Reply)

Updated-New Job Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job / Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.