Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,899 members, 7,817,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

Automatic Gear Box For 2008 Volkswagen Passat Fsi Needed !! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Automatic Gear Box For 2008 Volkswagen Passat Fsi Needed !! (3819 Views)

Preventive Maintance Tips : Automatic Gear Box / Best Everyday Automobile For Lagos: Nominations For 2008 / Function Of 1, 2, And D In Automatic Gear. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Automatic Gear Box For 2008 Volkswagen Passat Fsi Needed !! by batista73: 10:37am On Sep 07, 2013
Please. Anybody knows where I can et a good automatic gearbox for my 08 passat fsi. Thanks. Can contact me by mail chukwuanugo73@yahoo.com
Re: Automatic Gear Box For 2008 Volkswagen Passat Fsi Needed !! by Nobody: 10:42am On Sep 07, 2013
What's wrong with the current transmission? What symptoms are you getting? Because I doubt the whole transmission is shot.
Re: Automatic Gear Box For 2008 Volkswagen Passat Fsi Needed !! by batista73: 10:48am On Sep 07, 2013
Siena: What's wrong with the current transmission? What symptoms are you getting? Because I doubt the whole transmission is shot.
@siena
My mechanic confirmed valve body as bad and it has affected the fibres and some components. Advices a complete change of transmission. Hesitates and slams in gears 1 gng to 2, and 5 gng to 6 and does the same when slowing down. Need to get a verygood transmission that can replace this.
Re: Automatic Gear Box For 2008 Volkswagen Passat Fsi Needed !! by Nobody: 11:47am On Sep 07, 2013
Your mechanic isn't being straight with you.

The N97 solenoid valve is what controls the shift pressure, and it's not available as a seperate item. You need the complete valve body. The rest of your transmission will be fine, a faulty N97 solenoid does not "affect the fibres."

"Some components"? I bet your mechanic doesn't know what those other components are, hence his vague reference!

You could very well buy a complete transmission (the correct one for your car) but there are no guarantees it'll be in good shape. You can't test it till it's been fitted to the car, and even then, you can only see it's working at the time it was fitted. Not how long it'll last. The valve body is the major component, the core unit of your transmission. It is also the major part really prone to failure. The rest of the transmission is pretty robust.

My advice would be to replace the valve body with a new (not used) unit. You'll be saving yourself a bundle in the long run. And while it's all apart, have a new (not used) filter fitted, and then the transmission filled with genuine Volkswagen transmission fluid. It won't tolerate the regular red Dexron ATF or ABRO stuff, and is one of the principal causes of transmission failure - running the wrong fluid.
Re: Automatic Gear Box For 2008 Volkswagen Passat Fsi Needed !! by batista73: 12:36pm On Sep 07, 2013
Siena: Your mechanic isn't being straight with you.

The N97 solenoid valve is what controls the shift pressure, and it's not available as a seperate item. You need the complete valve body. The rest of your transmission will be fine, a faulty N97 solenoid does not "affect the fibres."

"Some components"? I bet your mechanic doesn't know what those other components are, hence his vague reference!

You could very well buy a complete transmission (the correct one for your car) but there are no guarantees it'll be in good shape. You can't test it till it's been fitted to the car, and even then, you can only see it's working at the time it was fitted. Not how long it'll last. The valve body is the major component, the core unit of your transmission. It is also the major part really prone to failure. The rest of the transmission is pretty robust.

My advice would be to replace the valve body with a new (not used) unit. You'll be saving yourself a bundle in the long run. And while it's all apart, have a new (not used) filter fitted, and then the transmission filled with genuine Volkswagen transmission fluid. It won't tolerate the regular red Dexron ATF or ABRO stuff, and is one of the principal causes of transmission failure - running the wrong fluid.
Thanks a lot @siena
Can you help with a new valve body..how much it would cost to get to me and if you have a reliable mechanic I can use. The problem is I live in portharcourt and not many experienced mechanics for the car. I would appreciate your help.
Re: Automatic Gear Box For 2008 Volkswagen Passat Fsi Needed !! by Nobody: 1:14pm On Sep 07, 2013
I can certainly supply a brand new valve body from Volkswagen.

As for a reliable mechanic, I supplied a Nairalander with a valve body for her 2006 Jetta 2.5 which was fitted by her mechanic. The car is running great, I'll contact her for details of her mechanic, who seems well versed in Audi and Volkswagen.
Re: Automatic Gear Box For 2008 Volkswagen Passat Fsi Needed !! by batista73: 2:32pm On Sep 07, 2013
Siena: I can certainly supply a brand new valve body from Volkswagen.

As for a reliable mechanic, I supplied a Nairalander with a valve body for her 2006 Jetta 2.5 which was fitted by her mechanic. The car is running great, I'll contact her for details of her mechanic, who seems well versed in Audi and Volkswagen.
Thanks pls forward me details of cost and contact by mail. Thanks a lot @siena
Re: Automatic Gear Box For 2008 Volkswagen Passat Fsi Needed !! by Nobody: 4:05pm On Sep 07, 2013
batista73:
Thanks pls forward me details of cost and contact by mail. Thanks a lot @siena

No worries. Please email me all vehicle details - especially the VIN. My email address is siena_@hotmail.co.uk
Re: Automatic Gear Box For 2008 Volkswagen Passat Fsi Needed !! by batista73: 6:48pm On Sep 07, 2013
Siena:

No worries. Please email me all vehicle details - especially the VIN. My email address is siena_@hotmail.co.uk
@ siena
Done. Pls check your inbox.
Re: Automatic Gear Box For 2008 Volkswagen Passat Fsi Needed !! by deleone: 2:31pm On Nov 04, 2013
@siena kindly send me the cost of a comple throttle body for passat 2006 fsi, email is adebolaidowu@gmail.com.thanks
Re: Automatic Gear Box For 2008 Volkswagen Passat Fsi Needed !! by Nobody: 7:04pm On Dec 28, 2013
Email sent.
Re: Automatic Gear Box For 2008 Volkswagen Passat Fsi Needed !! by Nobody: 11:42pm On Dec 28, 2013
Kai........mr sienna,ur indeed a gud man.ur manner of helping odas is apreciated..God bless u

1 Like

Re: Automatic Gear Box For 2008 Volkswagen Passat Fsi Needed !! by emmywale(m): 2:48am On Dec 27, 2016
Good day, my vw is 1997 model i live at Mowe and i need a gear expert to work on my Passat .i bought an ATF sea gold to my gear and my stopped moving. Also can get the idea of rebuilding my gear and the Price of a new valve body. Asap emmy mowe
Re: Automatic Gear Box For 2008 Volkswagen Passat Fsi Needed !! by LivingTree: 8:11am On Apr 13, 2018
I can certainly supply a brand new valve body from Volkswagen.

Please, I need the Valve body also. It’s for Passat 2008 fsi. Please let me know. Akintoye_odanye@yahoo.com
Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Infinity Fx35 Error Code -B1134 / Adeboy Motors / Toyota Sienna Or Camry, Which One To Go For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.