Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,121 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:10 PM

Birdman Vs Modenine - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Birdman Vs Modenine (2381 Views)

Iceprince And Birdman [see The Photo] / Mi Vs Modenine / Lil Wayne & Birdman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Birdman Vs Modenine by misshot: 12:01am On Jun 17, 2008
i just thot about this,to me i think modenine is a better rapper than american rapper birdman,pls lets dont judge on the continent they perform,or on their wealth but on their rap skills
Re: Birdman Vs Modenine by owolomo(m): 12:47am On Jun 17, 2008
and it is a fact modenine is better than birdman, infact i vex u as u compare mode with birdman, nucca cant rap, modenine is a beast on the mic , he is certified
Re: Birdman Vs Modenine by tosinadeda: 2:48am On Jun 17, 2008
who be bird man
birdman ko eleye ni
msssscheeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!! grin
Re: Birdman Vs Modenine by fastmoney(m): 9:49am On Jun 17, 2008
WHF, you modenine stans should listen to the "BIRDMAN NO1 STUNNA "album before you talk bout birdman like dat, i know he kinda rapping bot the same thing alot right now but he kills it when ever he feels like it. Bleep a modenine irritating accent.
Re: Birdman Vs Modenine by javalove(m): 3:30pm On Jun 17, 2008
Not only birdman by broda, modenine is beta than lots of american rappers. lets put sentiments aside and for get that nine is our own, he spits beta dan lots of dem. Birdman ko, "awon iya mi eleye ni".
fastmoney:

WHF, you modenine stans should listen to the "BIRDMAN NO1 STUNNA "album before you talk bout birdman like that, i know he kind of rapping bot the same thing alot right now but he kills it when ever he feels like it. mess a modenine irritating accent.

so because of accent now, e don beta pass, ? Have u eaten smtin?
Re: Birdman Vs Modenine by owolomo(m): 9:09pm On Jun 17, 2008
fast money abi wetin be ur name, look i live here in the states and im from the south, so u knw we bang nothing but the south music, so i knw all about birdman and if u don t knw that bird cant rap then u dont need to be listening to rap music, we also have soul , funk, country, e.t.c,

birdman cant rap and its a fact, U take ur advice and use it, listen good to birdman , HE SUCKS, wtf i cant believe u say he can rap, for where, jor jor, FROM LOUISIANA TO TEXAS WE BOSS HOGGING, commot for road i no get brake, gba were sor nu, can u shout
Re: Birdman Vs Modenine by thegame(m): 1:41am On Jun 18, 2008
Whether the dude birdman can rap or not, he s the number 1 stunna in the whole united states. Dig/
Dude can't ride in a SUV if it ain't stunned out i.e. deep tinted.
I love that dude.

DON'T hate. u only giving mode9 headache cos he will never be birdman
Re: Birdman Vs Modenine by owolomo(m): 2:26am On Jun 18, 2008
@THEGAME
U SHOULD HAVE READ THE NOTE OVER BEFORE U PST IT, NO BODY SAID MODE IS BIRD , OF COURSE HE WILL NEVER BE BIRD HE IS THE SHYT, BIRD GOT BREAD, BUT IF U FROM THE LOUI' U WILL KNW THAT AINT RAP MONEY NUCCA GO DO UR RESEARH, BIRD IN THE MOB HE CAN NEVER GO BROKE, NUCCA MOVE AROUND WITH ALL THAT ISH AND TILL U GET UR FACTS STR8T DONT THINK NOBODY IS TRYIN TO HATE ON HIM, FOR WHAT, MEHN YAN BETTER THING JOR
Re: Birdman Vs Modenine by fastmoney(m): 10:57pm On Jun 18, 2008
the fact that u in tha south dun make u smart or nuffin, if u bois dun know, birdman is a platnum selling artist both as a group and as solo artist, he is alos a grammy nominee for Best Rap Performance By A Duo Or Group, birdman co-owns a record lable that signed a $100.000.000 record deal with universal motown.
Re: Birdman Vs Modenine by TheSly: 11:05pm On Jun 18, 2008
miss hot:

i just thot about this,to me i think modenine is a better rapper than american rapper birdman,please lets don't judge on the continent they perform,or on their wealth but on their rap skills
What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin
U might as well say Obesere is better than Chris Brown. . . cheesy

Modenine is a Yankee Wannabe. . .
The only original Rapper Nigeria has is Ruggedman. . . . . .No all that bla bla bla Yankee wannabe bunkums.
At least Birdman is doing it his own way without imitating nobody. . .
Let Modenine rap without crusting his black mouth then we can compare . .
Re: Birdman Vs Modenine by eldee(m): 11:21pm On Jun 18, 2008
First Ini Edo Vs Christiana Milan, now Birdman Vs Modenine

What happened to all the Modenine Vs Saucekid threads?

Bout Birdman
He's prolly has the biggest indirect influence on hiphop since Tupac
As in, he started the bling culture that strong rappers like Nas can't still pull down till today
He single handedly changed hiphop, even as controversial as it turned out to be. . .

He, with his crew turned the world's attention from the Immortal Techs, the Kwelis to the south
We should at least give him credit for that

I don't even know if Modenine has had that kind of influence on the Naija scene, but don't let's push his limits
Re: Birdman Vs Modenine by hommie47: 11:46pm On Jun 18, 2008
The Sly:

You might as well say Obesere is better than Chris Brown. . . cheesy

The only original Rapper Nigeria has is Ruggedman. . . . . .No all that bla bla bla Yankee wannabe bunkums.

anyone is allowed to rap however he likes. he keeps it real if it is based on HIS inspiration and influences and HIS own style. Mode was born in the UK. mode is in love with old school hiphop classics.
I cant shout
if u like people boasting about riches u may never even smell one quarter of one quarter of, no matter how ignorant it is, fine.
if u like people gettin in boothes to give you a feel of real skill they believe in, finer.
my point
even mode knows he may never be as rich as birdman
theres no point being a silly hater
the english colonised us
thats why u type in english
so if he's talkin to those that want to listen, not those that want songs to dance to irrespective of what's being said, cool.
dont call mode a copycat
cos infact he is one of the most copied mcs in the country.
dats all
Re: Birdman Vs Modenine by owolomo(m): 12:02am On Jun 19, 2008
CORRECT ONE, NOTHING DO U, LYRICS WISE BIRDMAN IS BETTER,,,RAP WISE MODE IS, AND ALL U PEEPS TALKING LIKE UNA SABI BIRDMAN WELL , WELL DO U KNW THAT ALL THOSE STUFF ELDEE IS OVER THERE YANNING IF IT WAS NOT FOR B.G AND JUVEE, TURK, CASH MONEY FOR NEVA GET THAT MAD ATTENTION, GO AND LISTEN TO THERE OLD SHYT THEY(B.G,TURK, JUVE) HELD IT DOWN, LIKE I SAID DO UR RESEARCH AND COME BACK AT ME,
Re: Birdman Vs Modenine by TheSly: 12:20am On Jun 19, 2008
hommie47:

anyone is allowed to rap however he likes. he keeps it real if it is based on HIS inspiration and influences and HIS own style. Mode was born in the UK. mode is in love with old school hiphop classics.
I can't shout
if u like people boasting about riches u may never even smell one quarter of one quarter of, no matter how ignorant it is, fine.
if u like people gettin in boothes to give you a feel of real skill they believe in, finer.
my point
even mode knows he may never be as rich as birdman
theres no point being a silly hater
the english colonised us
thats why u type in english
so if he's talkin to those that want to listen, not those that want songs to dance to irrespective of what's being said, cool.
don't call mode a copycat
because infact he is one of the most copied mcs in the country.
that is all
Refrain from using such words in bold in the future as i knew what i would have said if i had decided to take it seriously.
Lookie. . . . This is the main reason why Nigerians music industry will NEVER be as it's suppose to be.
When it comes to ORIGINALITY. . .Most Naija artiste aint got it. . Most of 'em artist are always tryin to imitate
I'ma drop it from here because i see no reason for arguing. . .Modenine should be compared with the likes of Soulja boy.
Comparing him with Birdman is way too much. . .It's like comparing a Horse to a goat.
Re: Birdman Vs Modenine by owolomo(m): 12:48am On Jun 19, 2008
DISAGREE:::: SAUCE KID SHOULD BE COMPARE TO SOULJA BOI, NOT MODE, ANAYWAYS
CHHKK THIS OUT , I BET THEY DONT SOUND LIKE NOBODY AS A MATTER OF FACT THEY ARE THE NU REVOLUTION OF NAIJA ENTERTAINMENT,
www.myspace.com/theafricankings www.theafricakings.com THEY WILL TAKE NAIJA TO THE LEVEL WE ARE WAITING FOR, MEHN THEY ARE FIYAHHH REAL TALK, I GUARRANTEE U WILL LOVE THE SHYT U HERE
Re: Birdman Vs Modenine by Fadajasi(m): 10:59am On Jun 23, 2008
Ruggedman!
Re: Birdman Vs Modenine by sunnykiss(m): 3:32pm On Jun 23, 2008
@hommie
[quote][/quote]What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You might as well say Obesere is better than Chris Brown. . .

[sub][/sub] cry
@POSTER
IT SEEMS YOU DONT KNOW REAL HIP HOP OK
MODENINE GO KILLBIRD MAN, BIRDMAN IS NOT A RAP LEGEND, HE IS A BLING BLING RAPPER SO AS MOST SOUTH BOYS, OK

AS FOR RUGGEDMAN HE IS OK BUT, MODE IS DA ILLESTTT
Re: Birdman Vs Modenine by 2makeit(m): 4:23pm On Jun 23, 2008
How dare u compare Mode and Birdman. Don't u know that yankee have whack rappers Mode 9 is better than some of thoes yankee people. For example:

Soulja boy
Birdman
Paul Wall
these are the ones are remember for now. In fact i feel Mode 9 than Lil Wayne (Though he has some cool punchline).

Mode 9 will kill most of that so called yankee rappers lyrically.
Re: Birdman Vs Modenine by baslone: 4:58pm On Jun 23, 2008
Dem don start again,na small small he dey start! shocked

I bet you by next week he should be better than Obie trice or Mos Def!

I no fit shout abeg!
Re: Birdman Vs Modenine by sunnykiss(m): 6:13pm On Jun 23, 2008
cry lipsrsealed embarassed shocked, MODE9 , go kill someofall those wack, yankee rappers, no even mention souljah boy, sef, dat one na smallpikin, dat one nofit drop punch lines, not totalk about knowledge of hiphop i think allthese south boys shouldlearn rap lessions and culture from KRS one, Nas, Canibus , etc, and the forefathers of hiphop
Re: Birdman Vs Modenine by javalove(m): 2:14pm On Jun 24, 2008
The Sly:

You might as well say Obesere is better than Chris Brown. . . cheesy

what de hell is d meaning of yankee wannabe? Is it accent that is decieving you? How is RAP majorly done in yankee? Does he pierce ears, tatoo all over, bling bling and all that shit? Saucekid is the yankee wanabee abeg. A yankee wannabe would always want to do it as he/she sees them in videos. Girls, alcohol and all that shit. Modenine is no where near a yankee wanabee at all, He does his things traditionally and if u hear d guy well,

bling bling, bubble gum rap, i don't feel that from spazmodic
without the half naked dancers, i blow any spot from germs

his bob is original abeg!!! He would murder lots of them gbabe!!!!
Re: Birdman Vs Modenine by TheSly: 2:21pm On Jun 24, 2008
IT SEEMS YOU DONT KNOW REAL HIP HOP OK
MODENINE GO KILLBIRD MAN, BIRDMAN IS NOT A RAP LEGEND, HE IS A BLING BLING RAPPER SO AS MOST SOUTH BOYS, OK

AS FOR RUGGEDMAN HE IS OK BUT, MODE IS DA ILLESTTT
With this kraut u spewed. . .i truly believe u know nothing about MUSIC. .Not just raps
What is a bling bling rapper?. . Stooping meself so low to argue with your likes is like filling a basket with water!
Re: Birdman Vs Modenine by TheSly: 2:39pm On Jun 24, 2008
javalove:

what de hell is d meaning of yankee wannabe? Is it accent that is decieving you? How is RAP majorly done in yankee? Does he pierce ears, tatoo all over, bling bling and all that shit? Saucekid is the yankee wanabee abeg. A yankee wannabe would always want to do it as he/she sees them in videos. Girls, alcohol and all that shit. Modenine is no where near a yankee wanabee at all, He does his things traditionally and if u hear d guy well,

bling bling, bubble gum rap, i don't feel that from spazmodic

his bob is original abeg!!! He would murder lots of them gbabe!!!!
Really. . .There are lots of things that are better left unsaid.
The endless streams of bunkums u just spewed is an evidence of your understanding of what Rap is all about.
Rap Music originated from the State (Bronx NY) in the early 1970s by African Americans.
Its never a Nigerian type of Music hence my Yankee Wannabe statement.
Comparing birdman and modetwo together is really a pathetic thing to do as i have said earlier,
Its like comparing a horse to a goat. . the difference is astronomical.
I won't reply you further and i consider replying you lot as a disgrace to ma intelligence.
Re: Birdman Vs Modenine by javalove(m): 2:45pm On Jun 24, 2008
The Sly:

Really. . .There are lots of things that are better left unsaid.
The endless streams of bunkums u just spewed is an evidence of your understanding of what Rap is all about.
Rap Music originated from the State (Bronx NY) in the early 1970s by African Americans.
Its never a Nigerian type of Music hence my Yankee Wannabe statement.
Comparing birdman and modetwo together is really a pathetic thing to do as i have said earlier,
Its like comparing a horse to a goat. . the difference is astronomical.
I won't reply you further and i consider replying you lot as a disgrace to ma intelligence.

i have not stopped laffin. intelligence my feet. Is it in only naija dat rap is done and how is it done in other places outside yankee. Abeg u dont know anything about it the game. No be Birdman wey all of us know, MODENINE go kill am, gbabe, abi u know birdman personally or u know things we dont know about him, pls tell us.

As for u saying u r intelligent, pls U ARE NOT at ll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cos of what u just said now. dont bother replying cos i know wat to expect ,
Re: Birdman Vs Modenine by TheSly: 2:58pm On Jun 24, 2008
javalove:

i have not stopped laffin. intelligence my feet. Is it in only naija that rap is done and how is it done in other places outside yankee. Abeg u don't know anything about it the game. No be Birdman wey all of us know, MODENINE go kill am, gbabe, abi u know birdman personally or u know things we don't know about him, please tell us.

As for u saying you're intelligent, please You ARE NOT at ll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! because of what u just said now. don't bother replying because i know what to expect
Its evident, If the excessive stupidity bestowed in you could be harnessed and converted to cash. . .
You would be forbes no 1 richest person on earth!!!!!!!!!! embarassed

Even i wont compare soulja boy or Sunny to Modetwo. . .Let alone a legend like Birdman sad
Its like Comparing an elephant to an ant!. . .dammit! sad
What are you on about?? do u really understand yourself?
As the saying goes. . . . Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.
Enjoy your life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Birdman Vs Modenine by javalove(m): 3:03pm On Jun 24, 2008
lol, welli know i m not a fool sha and i wont do any wahala in making u understand that. U have not given reasons why birdman is better and yet u say i be fool. Na wa for u oooo, e don dey pain u already, take am easy by broda. No idiot can walk in ere, drop and opinion and thnik we wud swallow it hook, line and sinker. State good points why mode is nt better than birdman.
Re: Birdman Vs Modenine by eldee(m): 3:27pm On Jun 24, 2008
I think there are some things we need to correct here

hommie47:

I'm not saying he's crap or sumn, actually I feel he's the best Naija lyricist, but he doesn't rap like any UK rapper so they apparently didn't influence him.
Ruggedman once said he was influenced by Shady. . .but the difference is his own originality, his distinct nigerian feel

hommie: the english colonised us
The english colonised the South Africans too, and the Angolans. . .go listen to them rap

owolomo: LYRICS WISE BIRDMAN IS BETTER,,,RAP WISE MODE IS
Are you bleeping kidding me?
A three-time grammy nominated rapper
Just like I said bout JayZ and Nas, Modenine is sensible enough not to come out and say he's better than the King of Bling

WELL DO You KNW THAT ALL THOSE STUFF ELDEE IS OVER THERE YANNING IF IT WAS NOT FOR B.G AND JUVEE, TURK, CASH MONEY FOR NEVA GET THAT MAD ATTENTION, GO AND LISTEN TO THERE OLD SHYT THEY(B.G,TURK, JUVE) HELD IT DOWN, LIKE I SAID DO UR RESEARCH AND COME BACK AT ME,
When Quan blasted 'Just A Moment' who got the cred?
I said it clearly, Birdman has had the biggest influence on modern rap
Go listen to the Big Tymers and get back at me
He started this thing way before he set up Cashmoney

2makeit: Soulja boy
Birdman
Paul Wall
these are the ones are remember for now. In fact i feel Mode 9 than Lil Wayne (Though he has some cool punchline).
Please respect yourself. . .don't put Soulja Boy in the same sentence with one of the pioneer of Modern Hiphop

javalove: bling bling, bubble gum rap, i don't feel that from spazmodic
You need to understand that hiphop is not all about punchlines
Then Ludacris/Cassidy will prolly be Hiphop's best rappers

javalove: State good points why mode is nt better than birdman
You've not stated any point yourself undecided
Re: Birdman Vs Modenine by creamofluv: 12:04pm On Jun 25, 2008
I cant beleive someone is just gonna wake up one day and start a thread comparing mode 9 and birdman, ever since have been listening to nigerian rap and R n b, the beat sucks, it's just like them bois no wan leave the fucking old qubase they using, listen to Eldee song and his bois, listen to the beat, abeg u go know say na correct producer or beat maker produce dem track, so if u wan con compare mode9 to birdman, is just like comparing Lagbaja and Stevie wonder.
Re: Birdman Vs Modenine by baslone: 6:45pm On Jun 25, 2008
I tire oh!!!!!!!
Re: Birdman Vs Modenine by Fadajasi(m): 7:53am On Jun 26, 2008
am tired o
Re: Birdman Vs Modenine by javalove(m): 1:14pm On Jun 27, 2008
eldee don almost finish dis thread , cheesy

i feel modenine because of the way his lyrics are intelligently crafted. He's unique too and most of his lyrics are intelligently nigerian. Some of his lyrics would in a thousand years to come never be spat by birdman . Example is the "its a goal track". Another example is the whole Pentium IX track.  But the "its a goal" track i bet in a thousand years to come ever be done by an american,

dont crucify me oooo jejely prove me wrong :d
Re: Birdman Vs Modenine by Bamsyle(m): 5:55pm On Jun 27, 2008
Javalove, now I know why you love this 9 guy like crazy; it's your IT profession (you're a programmer). No wonder you love Pentium IX et al. Soory o embarassed I like 9 too, forgot to mention - my best of his tracks is Contradiction; dude spat volumes there.

Well, me I won't contribute to this topic o; I leave it to common sense.

Tomorrow now, someone would start comparing Modenine with Tupac. I'm outta here runs out of nairaland quickly before some mischievous fellow posts that ish.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jjc Wan Kill Person With This Single / The Top 10 Songs In Africa From January To June 2013 / Dj Mellowshe Mashup: Olamide Ft Dagrin_omo To Shan Deejay Mellowshe Remix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.