Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,863 members, 7,810,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:52 AM

The First Game You Played? - Gaming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / The First Game You Played? (8769 Views)

Young NL Programmer Creates His First Game / Have You Played These Psp Games? / What's The Worst Game You Ever Played? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The First Game You Played? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Sep 13, 2013
I do only Computer Games

Dave very 1st
Solitaire
Freecell
Re: The First Game You Played? by kevd4all(m): 2:14pm On Sep 13, 2013
It was paperboy on atari...then slowly graduated to NES (Mario) then SNES (streetfighter, yoshi's island, ISS Deluxe, killer instinct) then Sega (ballz, sonic the hedgedog, MK), Playstation (winning eleven, Mission impossible, 007, WWE smackdown, Tekken, Syphon filter) PS 2 (PES, Winning 11, Metal Gear Solid) PS3(Fifa 2013 onlysmiley

1 Like

Re: The First Game You Played? by Sicozone(m): 2:14pm On Sep 13, 2013
Brick game of course.... smiley
Re: The First Game You Played? by flolancracker: 2:14pm On Sep 13, 2013
+
Re: The First Game You Played? by 50calibre(m): 2:15pm On Sep 13, 2013
The first game I played with full awareness ( minus any I may have played when I was a kid and couldn't remember or know ) was a

-- Playstation 1

Then Nintendo something (can't remember),

Then PC games like dangerous dave, bow and arrow, France 98 (soccer)

then Game boy (the bricks type that has overhead lights),

then Nintendo game boy colour

Then Playstation 2

Then Nintendo DS ( handheld )

Then PSP 1000 ( 1st version )

Then Playstation 3.

At one point, I had all those games at home at the same time (except PS3)
Re: The First Game You Played? by Hackersking(m): 2:15pm On Sep 13, 2013
water game
Re: The First Game You Played? by moscobabs(m): 2:16pm On Sep 13, 2013
moscobabs: Ayo Olopon....1987
we did dig ground to make the holes and use small stones to make the game sometime if my daddy seize the wooden game from us.I play draft as well.
Re: The First Game You Played? by MrAboki: 2:16pm On Sep 13, 2013
My First Handheld I ever played but never owned - Called Left & Right. Looked like this ;

1 Like

Re: The First Game You Played? by MrAboki: 2:18pm On Sep 13, 2013
Then Next was the brick game

Re: The First Game You Played? by snowhill(m): 2:20pm On Sep 13, 2013
Canta ball!!!....it was fun den using cigar wraper to wrap d cantas nd taking off d button of ur shirt just 2 use as ball.

1 Like

Re: The First Game You Played? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Sep 13, 2013
Black Peni5: cool

thats Atari. It was the first game I ever played in life.it was at my cuzo's place then in ikoyi.way back in 92 or so...my mother made sure
Re: The First Game You Played? by mcevans1(m): 2:23pm On Sep 13, 2013
I played soccer with bottle corks and shirt buttons. smiley
Re: The First Game You Played? by MrAboki: 2:23pm On Sep 13, 2013
Then my first VIDEO GAME was an Atari

And below is my favorite game on it..

[img]http://biobreak.files./2010/07/atari2.png[/img][/b]

2 Likes

Re: The First Game You Played? by lexyman(m): 2:23pm On Sep 13, 2013
Farapack: First Game I ever played was a Binatone game console (before the birth of modern games), it had tennis, squash and I think soccer and they were all lines (short lines for the players, the longer lines to determine the pitch or court and finally the ball was a tiny square). Last but not least, the controller was a single dial (turn left to move the player down turn right to move the player up).

This is the first game I played too , before I upgraded to to one boxing game , I can"t remember the name again ! It "s been a while ... Finally we rock the gameboy, Nintendo family computer, to Sega game gear , sega dream cast ,sega mega drive .. The list is so long ... I can keep mentioning them
Re: The First Game You Played? by OmolodMilkman93(m): 2:31pm On Sep 13, 2013
dat soccer in Contra 8-bit,... Chi-gi-dim soccer,

1 Like

Re: The First Game You Played? by sammy329(m): 2:31pm On Sep 13, 2013
Space impact
Re: The First Game You Played? by edlion57(m): 2:34pm On Sep 13, 2013
hide and seek....rubber..kite....war..start......mario...etc
Re: The First Game You Played? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Sep 13, 2013
Re: The First Game You Played? by Abujabir24: 2:38pm On Sep 13, 2013
sniperwolf: The first matured games I played was in their order are:

International Super Star Soccer.
Ultimate Mortal Kombat.

All in Sega.

Soccer.
Metal Gear Solid.
In Cold Blood.
Final Fantasy (Can't remember the part).
Dino Crisis.
Soul Reaver.

All in PS 1 platform

I love those games u mention. I finished metal gear solid, Dino crises both on ps1. soul reader is really tight.
Re: The First Game You Played? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Sep 13, 2013
Water game bro! grin grin cheesy

Water game to brick game, I wanted a jaguar then didn't get one. grin

1 Like

Re: The First Game You Played? by flolancracker: 2:42pm On Sep 13, 2013
moscobabs: Ayo Olopon....Late 90s

^
Re: The First Game You Played? by ichidodo: 2:43pm On Sep 13, 2013
Family com. The type that looks just like PS one.
Re: The First Game You Played? by maxisfield(f): 2:46pm On Sep 13, 2013
Super mario cheesy
Re: The First Game You Played? by bigiyaro(m): 2:56pm On Sep 13, 2013
sniperwolf:

I'm bad with Scorpion. My younger brother is 'badder' with Kabal
mehn, kabal is the baddest of them all. My frnds used to pay me just to watch me mess up another player with, a complete kabal combo. I really miss Sega n MK3.
Re: The First Game You Played? by Ameborolofofo: 3:10pm On Sep 13, 2013
Tinko, suwe and 10, 10 cheesy
Re: The First Game You Played? by spade: 3:11pm On Sep 13, 2013
The first game I ever handled was "brick game" as a kid. I remember it had in-built games like "Crossing the road" and "car race" as well as "tank" and of course, the world famous Tetris. These games were depressing though cuz the only way you could end it was by "dying" - No such thing as completing the shhit. It just ends when you LOSE.

Eventually, I progressed to Nintendo which we got as a gift for finishing at the top of our respective classes. I was in primary two at the time. And I remember the games I played then were Super Mario, Donkey Kong and this game called "Contra Force".

Primary 4 was when I advanced to Sega Mega Drive 2 grin. The games I played then were Mortal Kombat 3 (most especially), ISS (International Superstar Soccer), one super-difficult game like that called "Sunset Riders", and Street Fighter. Me and my elder brother dey steadily exchange blows over who go handle game controller back then grin - Infact, at a point, my mom seized the game and kept it locked in her dressing drawer until we learned to share.

In my Primary 5, Popsie brought one of the computers he was using in his office (since he had replaced them with more advanced ones) to our house. It was a Windows 95 Computer, running on IBM, and that was when we started playing games like Doom 95, Duke Nukem, Commander Keen, Wolfenstein 3D, Cosmo's Cosmic Adventures, Prince of Persia (DOS version ooo!), Billy The Kid, and my favourite, Hocus Pocus grin

JSS 1 was when I moved to PlayStation grin - Games like Super Mario Brothers, Resident Evil, Tekken, Star Wars and FIFA 01 and Gran Turismo na regular games I dey play then.

PS 2 and the rest na just advancements over the years.

I was recently opportuned to visit a site galled Dosgames.com where I could download old DosGames and play them in my computer, and it's amazing to see the stark difference between then and now.
Comparing my favorite DOS Game Hocus Pocus (which is just at 992 Kilobytes) and games I have now like Grand Theft Auto IV (7 Gigabytes!) - Meeeeehn! We've really come a long way.

I still enjoy playing my old DOS Games on my computer every now and then sha... Nostalgia tinz grin

2 Likes

Re: The First Game You Played? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Sep 13, 2013

Super Mario!!!!
I think I was still in junior primary school then... I played it on my Nintendo console. Goog times!
Re: The First Game You Played? by spade: 3:18pm On Sep 13, 2013
Emmyk: I use Reptile often. wink

For Mortal Kombat? I used Noob Saibot wink
Re: The First Game You Played? by NoContract(m): 3:28pm On Sep 13, 2013
In no particular order.

Mummy and daddy (under bed sheets)
VCD with over 300games nd 2 pads
Super mario (very good for gambling)
Mortal Kombat - on Nintendo 64 (my all time favorite)
self-service!ng, self-service!ng and self-service!ng!
Re: The First Game You Played? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Sep 13, 2013
O gosh !! So many memories grin

I used to play frogger like mad.

[img]http://z.about.com/d/mobilegames/1/0/X/1/-/-/pFroggerPad.PNG[/img]
Re: The First Game You Played? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Sep 13, 2013
Sorry for the big pic lipsrsealed
Re: The First Game You Played? by omodapson(m): 3:38pm On Sep 13, 2013
Reminds me of International Superstar Soccer Deluxe! Then the dog that barks after doing some abracadabra on the game pad grin. That was Nintendo before the advent of PS. Other games played on the console are Mortal Kombat (still love the game thought), Street Fighter, Mario etc. But before then, handheld games were super cool. cI an't remember them all, but gameboy was prominent, then tetris, etc.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Want To Copy Video To My Psp, How Will I Do It? / FIFA 15 Vs. PES 2015: The Definitive Comparison / Recommend A Good Gaming Laptop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.