Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit (10469 Views)

Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? / Dont Be Deceived In Church Today Brethren. / The 10 Most AWKWARD Moments In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by Anuoluwap(m): 8:03am On Sep 08, 2013
Seriously, it annoys me seeing members of the church going to and fro in order to get their phone charged. Is that the new trend? Is that why you are in church today? Even if you really need your phone on; it shouldn't be when service is ongoing. I wonder how someone will concentrate to the sermon if he's phone couldn't get charged due to power failure. Pls, it's high time we stopped some bad habits in church. Thanks

7 Likes

Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by purpinkx(m): 8:08am On Sep 08, 2013
Why not just remove the sockets ?

9 Likes

Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by Tuntheycr7: 8:14am On Sep 08, 2013
Shout out to all gals who wud be in church today jux to charge dia fones. The Lord is ur power.

17 Likes

Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by Chazzyboy: 8:53am On Sep 08, 2013
Not only youd oh infact i feel ashamed when ever i see these guys charging their mobile phones in the church.
Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by tobechi74: 9:59am On Sep 08, 2013
What is wrong with it?

I have done it, i am doing it and i will still do it

7 Likes

Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:28am On Sep 08, 2013
When are we going to start benefiting from church? What if my bible is an app in the phone and my battery is down? There is nothing wrong with charging phone in church......the electric bill and power supply bill were paid by member and they have right to enjoy their contribution.

Make pastor use prayer to supply light to his church na. Shebi nothing God cant do........by then you can stop people from charging phone in church.

17 Likes

Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by Tolexander: 10:54am On Sep 08, 2013
Attendance in church will reduce o.

Cos this is the sole reason why many guys do attend church in my area, vigil inclusive.

2 Likes

Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by Anuoluwap(m): 11:42am On Sep 08, 2013
FOLYKAZE: When are we going to start benefiting from church? What if my bible is an app in the phone and my battery is down? There is nothing wrong with charging phone in church......the electric bill and power supply bill were paid by member and they have right to enjoy their contribution.

Make pastor use prayer to supply light to his church na. Shebi nothing God cant do........by then you can stop people from charging phone in church.
no point. If you know u make use of d bible on ur phone u ought to have charged it b4 coming along wit it to d church. So you'll be roaming about in d church just 4 u to charge ur phone, Tell me how you'll use dsame phone to view ur bible when service is on?

1 Like

Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by Nobody: 11:48am On Sep 08, 2013
The guy for junction dey charge 70 naira for full bar per battery

I fit lock up 20 box as offering money
And charge my 2 spares inclusive

Abeg which one is more economical ??

Nna you don't know that God is our source of both spiritual and technological power ?

no vex sha
I only walk around when I want to switch batteries

8 Likes

Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by adexsimply(m): 11:48am On Sep 08, 2013
Tell that to #teamBB grin grin cheesy cheesy
They are always charging

3 Likes

Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by Nobody: 11:51am On Sep 08, 2013
tinx time end

10 Likes

Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by jericco1(m): 11:51am On Sep 08, 2013
Yeah it's a shame that some people have turned it to a habit, some will even bring their sockets and charge like 5 phones simultaneously ...we need to expunge such ludicrious and unchristlike attitudinal display from the church....thanks!
Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by DJDOLA(m): 11:53am On Sep 08, 2013
adexsimply: Tell that to #teamBB grin grin cheesy cheesy
They are always charging
and what's wrong wit dat
Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by Nobody: 11:54am On Sep 08, 2013
Lmao!! At least it's better than playing snake game in church gringrin

2 Likes

Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by ayusco85(m): 11:56am On Sep 08, 2013
Blame nepa abi na phcn? But overall sha its the nature of Nigerians. Them ₪☺ get respect for their elders, and also only few have respect for God's house. I guess they dont see God's house as worthy of respecting. Its A̶̲̥̅ bad habit

1 Like

Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by jakeRRAY: 11:57am On Sep 08, 2013
tryin to kil 2 birds wit a stone: hearin d word n chargin ur phn at same tym
Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by mysticgal(f): 11:58am On Sep 08, 2013
abeg op e no possible,the phone na some people means of income,habatically,you never hear wey pastor go say*as you step out of the church,your phone will ring*

7 Likes

Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by Nuzo1(m): 11:59am On Sep 08, 2013
Well, some go to charge their phones in church while others go to steal the phones. Which is worst? grin shocked

But seriously, The way most adult Nigerians are obsessed with their phones especially in church makes me cringe.

They are always busy checking up on their phones every 3 munites for a call or text. Are they expecting calls from their bosses from the offices?

Even Japanese teenagers are not as obsessed as our ladies are with their phones here.
Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by bukason: 12:00pm On Sep 08, 2013
SMH!!! To what we nigerians are capable of doing. Nigeria!!! A land where everything is possible. You want it pure, undiluted and fresh from the oven, then its Nigeria all the way.
Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by free2ryhme: 12:00pm On Sep 08, 2013
Anuoluwap: Seriously, it annoys me seeing members of the church going to and fro in order to get their phone charged. Is that the new trend? Is that why you are in church today? Even if you really need your phone on; it shouldn't be when service is ongoing. I wonder how someone will concentrate to the sermon if he's phone couldn't get charged due to power failure. Pls, it's high time we stopped some bad habits in church. Thanks

na wetin u go do for church be dis abi wey you for concentrate for the preaching we pastor dey preach .. i sure say na back seat you dey sitdown for church
Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by Enkaynwa(f): 12:02pm On Sep 08, 2013
Wow! I'v done dat for like 3 or 4 tyms. But i'l stop from now

1 Like

Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by ChristKid1: 12:07pm On Sep 08, 2013
Considering that my offering and tithe money pays the power bill and fuels the generator, it would be selfish for the church not to allow charge my phone there.

Anyways I don't charge my phone, I just play Temple Run inside the Temple when service gets boring. grin

1 Like

Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by nnanyereugo(m): 12:07pm On Sep 08, 2013
Its a pity dat som pple go 2 church wit lots of burdens & stil carry dia problems bak hom instead of leavn dem dia 4 GOD. Its obvios dat doz hu go 2 church solely 2 charge dia fone or distract demselvs wit fone chargn yl d servc in goin on do nt rcv any blessn in d church @ all. Dey r indeed alwaz manipulatd by d devil nt 2 b blessd. Hmmm... END TYM TINZ!!!

3 Likes

Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by sanandreas(m): 12:08pm On Sep 08, 2013
I dnt do it. I feel ashamed. Na galz wen get BB dey do am pass.

1 Like

Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by adexsimply(m): 12:09pm On Sep 08, 2013
DJDOLA: and what's wrong wit dat
nothing..but why are you guys always charging? grin
Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by nnanyereugo(m): 12:11pm On Sep 08, 2013
free2ryhme:

na wetin u go do for church be dis abi wey you for concentrate for the preaching we pastor dey preach .. i sure say na back seat you dey sitdown for church

dont u kno dat d devil uses doz hu walk around in d church 2 charge dia fone 2 distrac doz hu go 2 recv somtn 4rm GOD? Once u r nt an Usher in d church, n u walk around 4 fone chargn, bliv m, u ve subjctd ursef 2 b a tool in d hands of d devil against d real christians. END TYM TINZ... BEWARE!!!

5 Likes

Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by aieromon(m): 12:11pm On Sep 08, 2013
What type of churches do you guys attend?

2 Likes

Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by edgideon(m): 12:11pm On Sep 08, 2013
stop taking your chargers out it's not suppose to be mobile maybe they should make chargers gigantic so it will be solved
I REST MY CASE ON A SOFTENED PILLOW
™﹋o﹋︶︿︶
Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by Nobody: 12:12pm On Sep 08, 2013
Babiloko: r
You're my potential wife but i hats to say you're a goat for posting that.

1 Like

Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by Tuntheycr7: 12:13pm On Sep 08, 2013
Baybe: Lmao!! At least it's better than playing snake game in church gringrin
Baby i knw it dat u love snake games,...
Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by okooloyun1(m): 12:13pm On Sep 08, 2013
Op, if u dey live for my area where electricity is a miracle when you see it u go enter mosque to worship with them to charge ur phone.

5 Likes

Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by Boll2010: 12:14pm On Sep 08, 2013
aieromon: What type of churches do you guys attend?
church of satan

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Black Race And White Race Secret / Decoding The Visions In The Book Of Daniel (Islam in the Bible) / Help! I Need A Genuine Prophet's Contact

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.