Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,162 members, 7,838,962 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit (10481 Views)

Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? / Dont Be Deceived In Church Today Brethren. / The 10 Most AWKWARD Moments In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by dhtml(m): 2:01pm On Sep 08, 2013
IF WE GO TO THE MOSQUE TO SHARGE OUR PHONE NOW, THEM GO TALK!
Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by seunlayi(m): 2:01pm On Sep 08, 2013
it is a very bad and distravtive treatment d in some churches nowadays
Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by ChiSun27(m): 2:05pm On Sep 08, 2013
Richy.:
what if bible was downloaded on their phone and they are making use of it in the church in the process got a low battary

Bro na common sense things na...mek sure ur fone or rada (bible fon) is well charged bfor going to church. Don't ova use d fon snc u knw dat u will b makn use of d bible app in d church.

1 Like

Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by ceejay80s(m): 2:08pm On Sep 08, 2013
Dats why i lìke catholic, the only people allowed to bring phone to Mass are doctors & phones must be on vibratìon and their calls are answered outsíde the church and no charging in church.
Why doctors?
Becos dem fit call them
4 emergency patient.
Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by Nobody: 2:27pm On Sep 08, 2013
Lool Op I did it for the first time today. At first I was shy but when I remembered when last I saw light I bone face. I even borrowed biro from the usher to use on the socket. Typing this with a fully charged battery #NoTime

1 Like

Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by Richy4(m): 2:27pm On Sep 08, 2013
ChiSun27:

Bro na common sense things na...mek sure ur fone or rada (bible fon) is well charged bfor going to church. Don't ova use d fon snc u knw dat u will b makn use of d bible app in d church.

I do understand your point but u should know that most batteries this days are very weak.no matter how long u charge them. Minor things like charging phones should not irritate people. Technology has come to stay all over the world. so people should try and accommodate those little annoying things that came with it.
Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by jessep1(m): 2:50pm On Sep 08, 2013
Anuoluwap: Seriously, it annoys me seeing members of the church going to and fro in order to get their phone charged. Is that the new trend? Is that why you are in church today? Even if you really need your phone on; it shouldn't be when service is ongoing. I wonder how someone will concentrate to the sermon if he's phone couldn't get charged due to power failure. Pls, it's high time we stopped some bad habits in church. Thanks
na phcn cos am
Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by Nobody: 3:08pm On Sep 08, 2013
Anuoluwap: Seriously, it annoys me seeing members of the church going to and fro in order to get their phone charged. Is that the new trend? Is that why you are in church today? Even if you really need your phone on; it shouldn't be when service is ongoing. I wonder how someone will concentrate to the sermon if he's phone couldn't get charged due to power failure. Pls, it's high time we stopped some bad habits in church. Thanks
WHAT IF ITS THRU THE PHONE I WANT TO TRANSFER FUNDS TO THE CHURCH COFFERS
JUST ASKING
Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by zig2ryme04: 3:15pm On Sep 08, 2013
I am in charge of the Multimedia department in my church, and its becoming so annoying every sunday when i see people rushing to me in the morning that they need to charge their phones. there was a Sunday i had to hide the extension cable but still, they came and begged me.
Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by soundtruth(m): 3:51pm On Sep 08, 2013
if electricity supply has improved as sincere 9gerian said they will not be any need for this.
Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by suogal(f): 4:10pm On Sep 08, 2013
Anuoluwap:
no point. If you know u make use of d bible on ur phone u ought to have charged it b4 coming along wit it to d church. So you'll be roaming about in d church just 4 u to charge ur phone, Tell me how you'll use dsame phone to view ur bible when service is on?
you are talking like you aint used to power failure in nigeria.when my ba3 is down,u expect me to leave the phone when i know that there will be opportunity to charge it?no way
Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by Nobody: 4:39pm On Sep 08, 2013
sammieguze: I dnt see anytin wrng in charging my fone in church. As long s i can remember... The bible says cast all ur burden unto the lord coz he cares. My only prob is d greed @ which pple do dese. Ve seen sumone going to church solely to charge his fones...wit an extension box. Haba....na awooof go kill sum pple[b][/b]
i do that grin:p quite often,i take 2 extention boxes in case i dont get to church on time and the sockets are all used.ill just simply plug the extention box,charge my phone and transfer others own there.its not a sin and i dont see anything bad there.anyone that came to listen to the word of God will not be distracted.as a matter of fact,i still did that today.nigerians sha.we like turning everything into a sin matter.i dont see anything wrong there.when i finished,my chuch friend patricia borrowed my nokia charger to charge her phone 8-) at least thats the benefit of being a christian.abeg cut some slack o jare smiley there should be liberty in the house of God :*
Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by Nobody: 4:45pm On Sep 08, 2013
suogal: you are talking like you aint used to power failure in nigeria.when my ba3 is down,u expect me to leave the phone when i know that there will be opportunity to charge it?no way
you dey mind am.me i dey do am steady steady and i feel no guilt or remorse.if my battery is dead and they dont bring light on saturday,i will carry it to church again and charge my phone.the church facilities are for people and it is meant to be used,not the other way round
Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by Nobody: 4:46pm On Sep 08, 2013
soundtruth: if electricity supply has improved as sincere 9gerian said they will not be any need for this.
abi
Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by Nobody: 4:47pm On Sep 08, 2013
Babzilla:
WHAT IF ITS THRU THE PHONE I WANT TO TRANSFER FUNDS TO THE CHURCH COFFERS
JUST ASKING
gringrin
Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 08, 2013
Richy.:

I do understand your point but u should know that most batteries this days are very weak.no matter how long u charge them. Minor things like charging phones should not irritate people. Technology has come to stay all over the world. so people should try and accommodate those little annoying things that came with it.
gbam.but i dont find it annoying when people are charging phones in church,banks,saloons and other public places.whats the big deal.whats there
Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by Sijo01(f): 4:51pm On Sep 08, 2013
lawizle:

Let alone you abi? Smh

Type with a comprehendable language.
Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by Nobody: 4:54pm On Sep 08, 2013
ChiSun27:

I don't blame u..snc d church dey pay u to play dos instruments...wat r u xpctd to do? To u na bznx na...u r jst afta ur allowee!!!! Ur one room apartment for hell na world klax.
grin see abuse and threat o.grin because he dey charge phone for churchgrin nothing wey i no go seecheesy
Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by olusmarth(m): 5:14pm On Sep 08, 2013
FOLYKAZE: When are we going to start benefiting from church? What if my bible is an app in the phone and my battery is down? There is nothing wrong with charging phone in church......the electric bill and power supply bill were paid by member and they have right to enjoy their contribution.

Make pastor use prayer to supply light to his church na. Shebi nothing God cant do........by then you can stop people from charging phone in church.
How der u say dat , my God is capable of putting light in His church witout using fuel or nepa , my God dat can put fuel in Pst Adeboye wen der is no fuel in His car again nd dey on d highway....pls stop doubt wot God His capable of doing....
Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by Nobody: 5:23pm On Sep 08, 2013
Now we know those who live in darkness! undecided

purpinkx: Why not just remove the sockets ?
Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by Nobody: 5:30pm On Sep 08, 2013
My dear I am a catholic but this your story get k leg.. No one monitors if you brought a phone,doctor or wateva,the only thing you are advised to do is switch it off,if u put in vibration its ok but don't make Or ans calls in church !
ceejay80s: Dats why i lìke catholic, the only people allowed to bring phone to Mass are doctors & phones must be on vibratìon and their calls are answered outsíde the church and no charging in church.
Why doctors?
Becos dem fit call them
4 emergency patient.
Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by rezzy: 6:06pm On Sep 08, 2013
Normally, i go to church as early as 7 on sunday alongside my extension with 4 chargers and one desktop charger. After sunday school. Wen people will be getting ready for the main service. I will plug my extension at the ushers corner and charge till the end of service, (with all fones switch off) sometimes i leave it there till they off the gen.
Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by Nobody: 7:28pm On Sep 08, 2013
Lolllzz we go to church wit extensions gan... What of those who charge n operate... Please don't complain
Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by nestaAK(m): 7:50pm On Sep 08, 2013
Op you are making a point but then I think you need to address a root factor 1st... NEPA abi PHCH
Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by Kirinwa: 8:17pm On Sep 08, 2013
Chazzyboy: Not only youd oh infact i feel ashamed when ever i see these guys charging their mobile phones in the church.

Guys to me charging phone in church aint bad o. It's just that some peeps don't co-ordinate well.Infact direct your anger at PHCN that doesn't give light.

Guys do you know the joy it gives going to church with a flat phone and after service see fully charged! cheesy
Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by Nobody: 8:26pm On Sep 08, 2013
ceejay80s: Dats why i lìke catholic, the only people allowed to bring phone to Mass are doctors & phones must be on vibratìon and their calls are answered outsíde the church and no charging in church.
Why doctors?
Becos dem fit call them
4 emergency patient.
Senseless...
Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by Nobody: 8:29pm On Sep 08, 2013
olusmarth:
How der u say dat , my God is capable of putting light in His church witout using fuel or nepa , my God dat can put fuel in Pst Adeboye wen der is no fuel in His car again nd dey on d highway....pls stop doubt wot God His capable of doing....
Smh.... Ur obviously hypnotised....mu.mu
Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by Nobody: 8:33pm On Sep 08, 2013
ChiSun27:

I don't blame u..snc d church dey pay u to play dos instruments...wat r u xpctd to do? To u na bznx na...u r jst afta ur allowee!!!! Ur one room apartment for hell na world klax.
Smh!! English is goin extinct!! Snc-since, xpctd-expected, bznx-business, klax-class!!! Nawa!!!!
Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by DECOtech(m): 8:35pm On Sep 08, 2013
grin grin grin grin
Babiloko: tinx time end

1 Like

Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by Funjosh(m): 8:43pm On Sep 08, 2013
I open this thread because i charge my phone in church today.
Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by Heyliesha(m): 8:53pm On Sep 08, 2013
y dem put the socket?
Re: Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit by Nobody: 9:38pm On Sep 08, 2013
aieromon: What type of churches do you guys attend?
Its really worth asking o... A Church like Winners, when the Word is going on, wey d mind to go charge phone? A church with many excesses, what do u expect?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Black Race And White Race Secret / Does It Mean That All My Prayers Are Not Being Answered? / The Real Name Of GOD. Bantus Of Africa Are The Israelites.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.