Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,049 members, 7,821,613 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

G20 Ends Abruptly As Obama Calls Putin A Jackass - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / G20 Ends Abruptly As Obama Calls Putin A Jackass (3931 Views)

Obama Calls Putin A Jackass / Rockets Fired From Gaza In To Israel As Obama Visits / Obama Calls Kanye West A 'jackass'! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

G20 Ends Abruptly As Obama Calls Putin A Jackass by agbajesaid(m): 10:41am On Sep 08, 2013
ST. PETERSBURG (The Borowitz Report)—Hopes for a positive G20 summit crumbled today as President Obama blurted to Russia’s Vladimir Putin at a joint press appearance, “Everyone here thinks you’re a jackass.”

The press corps appeared stunned by the uncharacteristic outburst from Mr. Obama, who then unleashed a ten-minute tirade at the stone-faced Russian President.

“Look, I’m not just talking about Snowden and Syria,” Mr. Obama said. “What about Pussy Riot? What about your anti-gay laws? Total jackass moves, my friend.”

As Mr. Putin narrowed his eyes in frosty silence, Mr. Obama seemed to warm to his topic.

“If you think I’m the only one who feels this way, you’re kidding yourself,” Mr. Obama said, jabbing his finger in the direction of the Russian President’s face. “Ask Angela Merkel. Ask David Cameron. Ask the Turkish guy. Every last one of them thinks you’re a dick.”

Shortly after Mr. Obama’s volcanic performance, Mr. Putin released a terse official statement, reading, “I should be afraid of this skinny man? I wrestle bears.”

After one day of meetings, the G20 nations voted unanimously on a resolution that said maybe everyone should just go home.
source: http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/borowitzreport/2013/09/g20-ends-abruptly-as-obama-calls-putin-a-jackass.html

Re: G20 Ends Abruptly As Obama Calls Putin A Jackass by Nobody: 10:45am On Sep 08, 2013
Satire. undecided

The only disrespectful statement at the G20 was when someone allegedly called the UK, "A tiny Island no one listens to." And David Cameron has come out to defend the UK albeit with some unnecessary hyperbole. undecided

1 Like

Re: G20 Ends Abruptly As Obama Calls Putin A Jackass by honeric01(m): 10:49am On Sep 08, 2013
agbajesaid: Putin released a terse official statement, reading, “I should be afraid of this skinny man? I wrestle bears.”

LOL, omo see uppercut Lolz

1 Like

Re: G20 Ends Abruptly As Obama Calls Putin A Jackass by honeric01(m): 10:49am On Sep 08, 2013
shymexx: Satire. undecided

The only disrespectful statement at the G20 was when someone allegedly called the UK, "A tiny Island no one listens to." And David Cameron has come out to defend the UK albeit with some unnecessary hyperbole. undecided

Who said this?
Re: G20 Ends Abruptly As Obama Calls Putin A Jackass by Olugbenger(m): 10:52am On Sep 08, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: G20 Ends Abruptly As Obama Calls Putin A Jackass by Gbawe2: 10:54am On Sep 08, 2013
honeric01:

Who said this?

Putin. He has always been deluded anyway. He needs to come and check out his money bag lot deserting Russia in droves to make the UK their home. The "tiny Island" is now the choice destination of his people. They have flooded the private schools here and have no real desire to raise their children with any Russian identity so Putin really does not appreciate the irony of his own facetious put-down.
Re: G20 Ends Abruptly As Obama Calls Putin A Jackass by Nobody: 10:58am On Sep 08, 2013
honeric01:

Who said this?

Someone in Putin's cabinet. However, they denied it. I kind of understand where they're coming from with David Cameron and his cockiness. The Russians aren't the first to say that - most Brits believe Cameron's version of the UK is always punching above its height. This isn't the 1800s or early 1900s - the UK can't afford all these extras the current government keeps sticking its neck into.
Re: G20 Ends Abruptly As Obama Calls Putin A Jackass by honeric01(m): 11:00am On Sep 08, 2013
Gbawe.:

Putin. He has always been deluded anyway. He needs to come and check out his money bag lot deserting Russia in droves to make the UK their home. The "tiny Island" is now the choice destination of his people. They have flooded the private schools here and have no real desire to raise their children with any Russian identity so Putin really does not appreciate the irony of his own facetious put-down.

But who actually listen to the UK? He didn't lie na lolz, UK's the US puppy as evidently seen.

A former master now a servant to his former servant. Chai.

Tiny island no one listens to was a hard shot.

Its to Russian's advantage that UK is being flooded by Russians looking for easy place to make extra buck and live freeer life na.

3 Likes

Re: G20 Ends Abruptly As Obama Calls Putin A Jackass by honeric01(m): 11:01am On Sep 08, 2013
shymexx:

Someone in Putin's cabinet. However, they denied it. I kind of understand where they're coming from with David Cameron and his cockiness. The Russians aren't the first to say that - most Brits believe Cameron's version of the UK is always punching above its height. This isn't the 1800s or early 1900s - the UK can't afford all these extras the current government keeps sticking its neck into.

Simples.
Re: G20 Ends Abruptly As Obama Calls Putin A Jackass by Tolexander: 11:03am On Sep 08, 2013
“If you think I’m the only one
who feels this way, you’re
kidding yourself,” Mr. Obama
said, jabbing his finger in the
direction of the Russian
President’s face. “Ask Angela
Merkel. Ask David Cameron. Ask
the Turkish guy. Every last one of
them thinks you’re a Joystick.”
is obama also on nairaland or how does he know joystick?

Oh, na d editing machine!

2 Likes

Re: G20 Ends Abruptly As Obama Calls Putin A Jackass by Gbawe2: 11:11am On Sep 08, 2013
shymexx:

Someone in Putin's cabinet. However, they denied it. I kind of understand where they're coming from with David Cameron and his cockiness. The Russians aren't the first to say that - most Brits believe Cameron's version of the UK is always punching above its height. This isn't the 1800s or early 1900s - the UK can't afford all these extras the current government keep sticking its neck into.

Cameron can be a bit of a wide boy but that does not diminish the real influence of the UK worldwide unless one is an ex-spy boss who relates everything to military might, espionage strength and an obsession with cold war alertness.

Cameron, over Syria, has already being knocked back by a sensible parliament that has learnt good lessons from the past so pointless talking about a Cameron "version of the UK". His contrite manners means he will be careful to eschew any gung-ho instinct in future to understand he is not an American President. Blair was not much different when it came to pursuing a "special relationship" with the US. Difference is that the UK parliament will now not be hoodwinked easily again.
Re: G20 Ends Abruptly As Obama Calls Putin A Jackass by honeric01(m): 11:18am On Sep 08, 2013
Gbawe.:

Cameron can be a bit of a wide boy but that does not diminish the real influence of the UK worldwide unless one is an ex-spy boss who relates everything to military might, espionage strength and an obsession with cold war alertness.

Cameron, over Syria, has already being knocked back by a sensible parliament that has learnt good lessons from the past so pointless talking about a Cameron "version of the UK". His contrite manners means he will be careful to eschew any gung-ho instinct in future to understand he is not an American President. Blair was not much different when it came to pursuing a "special relationship" with the US. Difference is that the UK parliament will now not be hoodwinked easily again.

Better.
Re: G20 Ends Abruptly As Obama Calls Putin A Jackass by Gbawe2: 11:19am On Sep 08, 2013
honeric01:

But who actually listen to the UK? He didn't lie na lolz, UK's the US puppy as evidently seen.

Its to Russian's advantage that UK is being flooded by Russians looking for easy place to make extra buck and live freeer life na.

Obviously you don't get it and are simply another Afam4eva with 'issues' against the UK that blinds you to what is obvious. Putins own people, in tangible terms and with their cash, "listens" to the UK.

People with multi-layered thinking know World issues, especially relating to influence of Nations, are not about flexing muscle alone in 'strained times' as Putin seems to think. It can be economic, cultural, sports et al. You can myopically think it is to "Russian's advantage" their cash is in the UK in times of a global economic downturn and not elsewhere. I don't think I need to point out the obvious. Think what you want of the UK however ignorant and ungracious. It is your prerogative.
Re: G20 Ends Abruptly As Obama Calls Putin A Jackass by Nobody: 11:19am On Sep 08, 2013
Gbawe.:

Yes, the statement was inappropriate, however, it's time someone put Cameron in his place and let him get back to reality. The UK can't afford anymore wars - and with the cuts in the army, we shouldn't be intervening everywhere.

I guess you didn't follow the G-20 summit and how Cameron was at the forefront of military intervention in Syria, despite the resounding defeat he got at the UK parliament. Heck, he also presented some dubious documents, allegedly done by UK scientists which "proved" that Assad used Sarin gas. Enough of this madness already.

You may call Putin any name in the world, but history and humanity would judge him for standing up for what's right. Syrians don't need bombs, they need peace and good life. It's high time the West-Saudi Arabia-Qatar reined in the jihadists they're using as proxies to destroy a sovereign country.

3 Likes

Re: G20 Ends Abruptly As Obama Calls Putin A Jackass by Nobody: 11:22am On Sep 08, 2013
shymexx: Satire. undecided

But indeed the UK is a tiny island and little englanders need to fix that in their skull. See the way camoron was trotting up and speaking about military strike way before seeking consent of parliament.

As for Oblunder, am sure he will realise that people like blair and some republicans are pushing him so the Iraq mistake will be overshadowed by yet another one in Syria.

Having said that and back to the tiny uk island, I hope the French complete the sale of nuclear submarines to Argentina. Las Malvinas will be reclaimed without the usa blinking any support for little england cool
Re: G20 Ends Abruptly As Obama Calls Putin A Jackass by amiskurie(m): 11:27am On Sep 08, 2013
noooooooooooo!
dis can be true!
Re: G20 Ends Abruptly As Obama Calls Putin A Jackass by Afam4eva(m): 11:28am On Sep 08, 2013
It was Putin's spokeperson that called Britain a small Island that no one listens to and i agree with him. Britain does not wield the same influence that they used. They're just living on past glory and living in the shadows of the US. When the US tells them to jump, they want to know how high. The Russian guy captured them perfectly.

1 Like

Re: G20 Ends Abruptly As Obama Calls Putin A Jackass by Nobody: 11:30am On Sep 08, 2013
Gbawe.:

Sensible parliament? That was a labour stunt to smash camoron. The other bunch of right wing vote are probably the more sensible. I can see why you still hold the uk in high esteem.

If I had a 25yr mortgage in cold england I would also praise them at every chance.

1 Like

Re: G20 Ends Abruptly As Obama Calls Putin A Jackass by Nobody: 11:30am On Sep 08, 2013
toothpaste:

But indeed the UK is a tiny island and little englanders need to fix that in their skull. See the way camoron was trotting up and speaking about military strike way before seeking consent of parliament.

As for Oblunder, am sure he will realise that people like blair and some republicans are pushing him so the Iraq mistake will be overshadowed by yet another one in Syria.

Having said that and back to the tiny uk island, I hope the French complete the sale of nuclear submarines to Argentina. Las Malvinas will be reclaimed without the usa blinking any support for little england cool

Lmao! No mate, Falklands belongs to the UK. I'll definitely join the British army to protect the Falklands. That's British pride and blood. tongue

Cameron and Obomber don't care about no one, they just care about the little money they're getting from the oil Sheikhs in Qatar and Saudi Arabia - and the banksters/plutocrats controlled by Zionist Israel.
Re: G20 Ends Abruptly As Obama Calls Putin A Jackass by honeric01(m): 11:32am On Sep 08, 2013
Gbawe.:

Obviously you don't get it and are simply another Afam4eva with 'issues' against the UK that blinds you to what is obvious. Putins own people, in tangible terms and with their cash, "listens" to the UK.

People with multi-layered thinking know issues are not about flexing muscle alone as Putin seems to think. You can myopically think it is to "Russian's advantage" their cash is in the UK in times of a global economic downturn and not elsewhere. I don't think I need to point out the obvious. Think what you want of the UK however ignorant and ungracious. It is your prerogative.

Same way britons migrate in large numbers to Qatar, UAE, Oman and Yemen. Learn to discuss with civility and stop indirectly insulting people with diverse view from yours.

There are just 32,000 russian migrates in the UK out of 150 million Russians in Russia, how does that indicate any 'shift' of financial whatever you're talking about?

In total, there are just 300k russian descents in the UK and most moved there because of the fairness in the tax regime.

Before you start thinking one way again, i've no hatred for the UK, RUSSIANS and the UK are both included in the list of those destroying the world, so quit the 'sentiment' thing you've in your head.

www.workpermit.com/news/2006_12_19/uk/russians_londongrad.htm

www.telegraph.co.uk/sponsored/rbth/society/8476412/why-are-russians-moving-to-britain.html

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russians_in_the_United_Kingdom

2 Likes

Re: G20 Ends Abruptly As Obama Calls Putin A Jackass by ujchief(m): 11:32am On Sep 08, 2013
agbajesaid:
“Look, I’m not just talking about Snowden and Syria,” Mr. Obama said. “What about Pussy Riot? What about your anti-gay laws? Total jackass moves, my friend.”

This guy is still whining about anti-gay lays? He should shove it up his a'r'se, he aint the president of the world!
Re: G20 Ends Abruptly As Obama Calls Putin A Jackass by Gbawe2: 11:33am On Sep 08, 2013
shymexx:

Yes, the statement was inappropriate, however, it's time someone put Cameron in his place and let him get back to reality. The UK can't afford anymore wars - and with the cuts in the army, we shouldn't be intervening everywhere.

I guess you didn't follow the G-20 summit and how Cameron was at the forefront of military intervention in Syria, despite the resounding defeat he got at the UK parliament. Heck, he also presented some dubious documents, allegedly done by UK scientists which "proved" that Assad used Sarin gas. Enough of this madness already.

You may call Putin any name in the world, but history and humanity would judge him for standing up for what's right. Syrians don't need bombs, they need peace and good life. It's high time the West-Saudi Arabia-Qatar reined in the jihadists they're using as proxies to destroy a sovereign country.

Cameron will not be the first or the last Prime Minister, whether labour or conservative, to think acting like the USA is 'cool'. Primarily and most essentially, the power is not with him to make unilateral decisions. Those it is vested in have learnt their lesson and will not be indulging the costly whims and caprices of any Prime Minister any time soon. To that end it is pointless reminding those who are very aware of it that the UK cannot "afford any more wars".

You may have your issues with Cameron, as many do, but hinting he needs to be "put in his place" is not here nor there. Any "putting in his place" of Cameron should be incidental to moves to curb his wrong actions and should not be a punitive obsession for anyone if parliament is now primed to consistently do what is in the UK's best interest in times like this. Frankly, that is what is important and not a focus on the egocentricity of Cameron.
Re: G20 Ends Abruptly As Obama Calls Putin A Jackass by MostHigh: 11:33am On Sep 08, 2013
Gbawe.:

If he dont give the Uk gas they freez.

Woe WOe Woe.

2 Likes

Re: G20 Ends Abruptly As Obama Calls Putin A Jackass by Nobody: 11:35am On Sep 08, 2013
Putin's words are hotter!!!
Back to matter, make una quit talking johr.
I want some action.
Enter war, or forget it.
I been following this news for weeks now I'm tired!!! angry
Re: G20 Ends Abruptly As Obama Calls Putin A Jackass by Nobody: 11:41am On Sep 08, 2013
MostHigh:

If he dont give the Uk gas they freez.

Woe WOe Woe.

Thanks. Gazprom makes the uk shudder
Re: G20 Ends Abruptly As Obama Calls Putin A Jackass by Nobody: 11:43am On Sep 08, 2013
Gbawe.:

Cameron will not be the first or the last Prime Minister, whether labour or conservative, to think acting like the USA is 'cool'. Primarily and most essentially, the power is not with him to make unilateral decisions. Those it is vested in have learnt their lesson and will not be indulging the costly whims and caprices of any Prime Minister any time soon. To that end it is pointless reminding those who are very aware of it that the UK cannot "afford any more wars".

You may have your issues with Cameron, as many do, but hinting he needs to be "put in his place" is not here nor there. Any "putting in his place" of Cameron should be incidental to moves to curb his wrong actions and should not be a punitive obsession for anyone if parliament is now primed to consistently do what is in the UK's best interest in times like this. Frankly, that is what is important and not a focus on the egocentricity of Cameron.

Fair enough. However, if your claim to fame was being the opposite of everything Tony Blair stood for post 9/11. But after deceiving the people and getting their mandate, you moved from being the "opposition" - to doing exactly the same thing your predecessor did. Then you deserve all the critique in the world. Especially when you're overly arrogant. Also with the huge cuts from the army.

I honestly don't think Labour would've stopped him without the Tory rebels. Heck, Labour's decision to vote against it was at the 99th hour - to score some cheap political points.
Re: G20 Ends Abruptly As Obama Calls Putin A Jackass by niggadee(m): 11:43am On Sep 08, 2013
honeric01:

Who said this?
dmitry peskov putin's official spokesman
Re: G20 Ends Abruptly As Obama Calls Putin A Jackass by Nobody: 11:45am On Sep 08, 2013
honeric01:

i agree with you 100%,

1 Like

Re: G20 Ends Abruptly As Obama Calls Putin A Jackass by Gbawe2: 11:47am On Sep 08, 2013
honeric01:

Same way britons migrate in large numbers to Qatar, UAE, Oman and Yemen. Learn to discuss with civility and stop indirectly insulting people with diverse view from yours.

There are just 32,000 russian migrates in the UK out of 150 million Russians in Russia, how does that indicate any 'shift' of financial whatever you're talking about?

In total, there are just 300k russian descents in the UK and most moved there because of the fairness in the tax regime.

Before you start thinking one way again, i've no hatred for the UK, RUSSIANS and the UK are both included in the list of those destroying the world, so quit the 'sentiment' thing you've in your head.

www.workpermit.com/news/2006_12_19/uk/russians_londongrad.htm

www.telegraph.co.uk/sponsored/rbth/society/8476412/why-are-russians-moving-to-britain.html

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russians_in_the_United_Kingdom

You should first learn to practice same. It is not pleasant to call the Country of others " US puppy" when that is far from the truth if you are not focused , like Putin, on defining things/Nations in relation to moments of international discord alone. The UK has its own strong and independent identity. In world popular culture , as one relational example, the UK is probably second only to the USA. I would say that is resounding proof that the UK is a Country others "listen to". Very ungracious that it is the Russia of today that fancies itself an arbiter of who is listened to or otherwise. I would think Russia, under Putin, once again gets it wrong about National influence. Russia really needs to move on from a cold war/KGB-centred world-view it uses to judge others. They should be looking at internal reforms they can make since they need a hell of a lot of it.

The world is not fighting everyday. Those who feel special when that is the case cannot think that makes them "listened to" when real influence, in my opinion, comes from how Nations impact the world with good/positive contributions.

I don't think the UK lag behind many in this regard even if many are loathe to deny this. Bottom line is that many here have an ungracious attitude towards the UK that often manifests in statements that are incredulous to say the least. That is what I reacted to.
Re: G20 Ends Abruptly As Obama Calls Putin A Jackass by honeric01(m): 11:53am On Sep 08, 2013
Gbawe.:

You should first learn to practice same. It is not pleasant to call the Country of others " US puppy" when that is far from the truth if you are not focused , like Putin, on defining things/Nations in relation to moments of international discord alone. The UK has its own strong and independent identity. In world popular culture , as one relational example, the UK is probably second only to the USA. I would say that is resounding proof that the UK is a Country others "listen to".

The world is not fighting everyday. Those who feel special when that is the case cannot think that makes them "listened to" when real influence, in my opinion, comes from how Nations impact the world with good/positive contributions.

I don't think the UK lag behind many in this regard even if many are loathe to deny this. Bottom line is that many here have an ungracious attitude towards the UK that often manifests in statements that are incredulous to say the least. That is what I reacted to.

Are you confused? I should not call UK a puppet of the US? A public secret even a dunce should know, yet you want to be seen as a honest person? Oh dear Lord, don't tell me Gbawe and insincerenigerian are from the same pot of stew.

5 Likes

Re: G20 Ends Abruptly As Obama Calls Putin A Jackass by Enegod(m): 12:03pm On Sep 08, 2013
Tolexander: is obama also on nairaland or how does he know joystick?

Oh, na d editing machine!
grin grin
Re: G20 Ends Abruptly As Obama Calls Putin A Jackass by gramci: 12:05pm On Sep 08, 2013
Putin is right, UK sphere of influence keeps diminishing by the day.It better redefine its approach on international issues

(1) (2) (Reply)

Burkina Faso Insurgents Gather In Motorcycle Motorcade (video) / Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Libya Under Gaddafi’s So-called Dictatorship / "Racist" Throwback Video: Obama, Clintons, Schumer, Democrats "Hate Immigrants"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.